2017 Asian Women's Volleyball Championship - Page 106 | UAAP - Volleyball | PinoyExchange

View Poll Results: Who will emerge as champions this year?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Philippines

8 12.31%
  • Hong Kong

0 0%
  • Kazakhstan

0 0%
  • China

5 7.69%
  • Japan

32 49.23%
  • Australia

0 0%
  • South Korea

4 6.15%
  • Vietnam

0 0%
  • Sri Lanka

0 0%
  • New Zealand

0 0%
  • Chinese Taipei

0 0%
  • Thailand

14 21.54%
  • Iran

0 0%
  • Maldives

2 3.08%
Page 106 of 229 First ... 6 56 96 105 106 107 116 156 206 ... Last
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 4561
    dahil pasok na sa quarterfinals ang Team Philippines qualified na tayo sa AVC Cup next year sa Thailand, September 2018. Also for Asian Games August 2018 in Indonesia.

Kaya sana ituloy ang program ang dagdagan ang nasa training Poo for U23, U19, and U18. I hope din maki-cooperate ng club team owners at School Coaches/Admin

Quote Originally Posted by blueberry_sexy View Post
    dahil pasok na sa quarterfinals ang Team Philippines qualified na tayo sa AVC Cup next year sa Thailand, September 2018. Also for Asian Games August 2018 in Indonesia.

Kaya sana ituloy ang program ang dagdagan ang nasa training Poo for U23, U19, and U18. I hope din maki-cooperate ng club team owners at School Coaches/Admin

Really? That's good news.
    Kaya pala di sumama ang INA kasi host country sila next year, automatic spot for them sa Asian Games.

Palitan na agad Vicente. Get foreign skills and conditioning coach

Si Thuy ng Vietnam ang prospect of Jaja's improvement. Naglaro na rin daw si Thuy for Bangkok Glass VC.

kaya sana may kumuha rin na foreign club kay Jaja. kahit bench player lang.

I agree that fast offense is the next step in the evolution of the sport and teams which fail to embrace it will eventually be left behind.

But like the other innovations in volleyball, like the spike and the block, fast offense is a mean and not an end.

The winner is not neccessarily the best spiking nor the best blocking team, so running the fastest offense does not make a team the automatic champion. It is not a magic pill.

Just like any strategy and system, fast offense is a compromise. And as such, there must be an effective feedback in its implementation. The program's effectiveness against other programs must be determined. Because if it can not be successfuly implemented, what's the point of running fast offense?

This brings me to my next point.

Instead of focusing too much on the details, like particular coach, player or style; we should focus on the programs and determine through competition which is the most effective.

With sports, particularly volleyball, being highly politicized in our country; appointing a national team coach to run a national team program will always be controversial.

Why not nationalize what is already working, familiar and acceptable to all? Why not use the Palaro model?

It is already being used by PSL, why not use it for the national volleyball team?

LVPI hold a national competition (I suggest the PNG) to determine the best program and appoint the champion coach as the head coach of the national team and give him/her a free-hand in implementing the program.

Leave it to the coach how s/he assembles his/her staff and team. It is the coach's program so s/he knows best what is needed.

You don't agree with his choice or strategy? Show him by beating him. You say fast offense is the way? Then come up with a program which is based on fast offense and win the competition.

Instead of dividing us, let us use the numerous leagues we have to pit programs against each other.

Let us use these leagues as the incubator of our own Filipino-style of volleyball.

We must be careful in adopting another nation's style lock, stock and barrel. Lessons of the past show this does not work. We can not be more thai than the Thais nor more japanese than the Japanese.

These nations developed their style given their cultures and realities. So we must develop ours with our culture and reality in mind.

Our reality is our sports are highly politicized and our culture respects someone who proved him/herself through the crucible of competition.

OT

Just watching Gilas now. Nakakapangilabot ang crowd sa Lebanon parang host nation ang Pinas hehe.

I guess our kababayan abroad are just waiting for something great to happen in our sports program in general.
    Just like what happened in Alonte, MOA, Ultra, SG etc., we are ready to support now in every corner of this planet.

I think players should form the organisation just like BVR. They should capitalize the popularity of VB and get rid of stupid politics

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPrint View Post

Halatang starstruck ang mga ateh!
    Ang liit ni Valdez. Biglang naging Jen Reyes ang height. Lol.

I love Ara but I think EJ is the next best OH after Alyssa
    si Myla hanggat under Pocari medyo malabo...
    Bakit kung nasa Pocari si Myla malabo?

am I lost or naliligaw ng thread huh??! di ako sanay na this thread is mejo lamang ang positives this time

oh wow where are the tards and the know-it-all bashers na ke aanghang manlait sa mga players and coaches??!! and yung mga puno ng kapaitan sa buhay jan huh??!!

2nd game palang against the mighty KAZ e improvement agad2??!!

and where are the improvements daw??!! kaya galingan nyo ulit PH team tomorrow vs Vietnam dahil for sure malalait ulit kayo tom for sure na yan!!!!

Malaking improvement from the 2015 NT na pinadala sa ASWC sa China

NT 2015 : 25-8, 25-7, 25-8

NT 2017: 23-25, 18-25, 12-25

^Starstruck na kasi nung 3rd set mukhang pinanood na lang si KYK lol.

bakit nga ba PH performed a little better against world's #10 than #21 KAZ... for me mas ka-shokot yung mga sharp looks ng KAZ and their blocks wow lang... ang KOR parang minimal blocks lang oh well.... its KYK lang talaga grabe unstoppable!!!

that's also because adjustments have been made, the players have responded well... its only the 3rd game they played together against the best in Asia/world....

still a nice game and laban you did there PH team!!!!

#labyu Yeye
    #MiKapitana

ang maganda pa sa end ng 1st set, hindi pinakita sa TV yung pag-sub kay KYK. so medyo surprise na nasa loob na pala si KYK at siya ang pumalo ng 25th point for South Korea. astig lang!

good thing na kuha na rin ni KAF yung set for Jov. nagkaka-amuyan na yung dalawa compared nung CWC. kay Nang at Jaja na lang talaga.

Quote Originally Posted by purrdew View Post
    am I lost or naliligaw ng thread huh??! di ako sanay na this thread is mejo lamang ang positives this time

oh wow where are the tards and the know-it-all bashers na ke aanghang manlait sa mga players and coaches??!! and yung mga puno ng kapaitan sa buhay jan huh??!!

2nd game palang against the mighty KAZ e improvement agad2??!!

and where are the improvements daw??!! kaya galingan nyo ulit PH team tomorrow vs Vietnam dahil for sure malalait ulit kayo tom for sure na yan!!!!
    Akala kasi nila yung U23 ng Kazakhstan pareho lang ng Seniors team nila. kaya ginatasan yung pagkatalo ng NT lol. Di ba nanalo don yung U23 natin nung 2015. simple analogy nila na super hina ng NT ngayon lol.

Please submit your nominations via Private Message through this account. PEx_Volleyball

You can send multiple nominations in separate private messages.

CRITERIA:

1. No banning history.
    2. PEx member for not less than 1 year.
    3. Active participant in the forum.

NOMINATION FORMAT:

TITLE: PEX Volleyball Nomination
    NOMINEE: [eg: PEx UAAP]
    REASON: Short reason why do you think he is deserving to be a PEx UAAP Council.

We are also open for volunteers. Just send us a private message also stating the reason why you would want to be part of the council.

NOMINATION DEADLINE: Sunday, August 13, 2017!

^Hahahaha. I heart u Maika Ortiz in this game.

MGA MAMSHIE NAKAKAIYAK (yung commute at traffic pauwi )... pero seriously, try niyong manuod ng live when you get the chance. The fact that you get to see not only our players but Queens like KYK and Nabeya is such a treat for volleyball fans like us. Nakakaluha talaga!

Highlights of today:
    1. Queens Nabeya, Nootsara, and KYK.
    2. Malapit sa area namin si Papa Marck. Sasabihin ko sana kung pinasok si KKD at hindi nakabawi ay iuuwi ko si Papa Marck. CHARAUGHT!
    3. The performance of our team (especially pre-KYK). Sana ganito yung laro nila sa Vietnam. I believe hindi tayo matatalo in straight sets at the very least.

Observations and Notes:

1. May mga times na sobrang ibabaw talaga si Jaja sa Korean blockers even when they were already ready to block. So baka hindi nga 280 cm lang yung spike reach niya. Arm swing medyo kulang pa rin IMO.

Sadly, ganun din si KYK. As in sobrang ibabaw siya kina Jov at Tyang kanina. Parang wish mo na lang na all 6 of them are waiting to dig her spikes instead of going up to block. Ack. Iba talaga ang presence ng volleyball royalty. Hindi ko alam kung ako lang pero feeling ko talaga the whole arena was in a trance when she was playing in Sets 2 and 3.

2. Denden and Dawn are a great tandem. Ganda nung pinakita ni Denden sa reception (despite those 2 shanks) while si Dawn yung digs naman nagshine. When you see it in person, parang hindi mo talaga gets how Dawn can send it so cleanly and directly to KAF when she dives to dig.

3. Feeling ko marami pang tinatago yung team natin. Baka nirereserve for the QFs and beyond!

4. Najirits ako ng konti sa announcer kanina. Sabi "KYK is making volleyball look so easy" or something like that TWICE. And that was during the time na kinakain na yung team natin. JUSKOLORD. WTF TALAGA.

Quote Originally Posted by gustme View Post
    Malaking improvement from the 2015 NT na pinadala sa ASWC sa China

NT 2015 : 25-8, 25-7, 25-8

NT 2017: 23-25, 18-25, 12-25

^Starstruck na kasi nung 3rd set mukhang pinanood na lang si KYK lol.
    Sino sino kasi nasa line up noong 2015?

Page 106 of 229 First ... 6 56 96 105 106 107 116 156 206 ... Last