'God Cannot Be God Without Man,' Pope Francis Says | Realm of Thought | PinoyExchange

X

Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    I wait for You, my Savior. rambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    In the clouds

    'God Cannot Be God Without Man,' Pope Francis Says

    A controversial comment made by Pope Francis on Wednesday that "God cannot be God without man" has sparked a fiery debate among theologians and other believers.

    Speaking on the theme "God's paternity, wellspring of our hope," Pope Francis made the comments while trying to explain to a group of pilgrims and other faithful travelers that Scripture shows that it isn't in God's nature to leave man alone.

    "Dear brothers and sisters, we are never alone. We may be distant, hostile, we may even profess ourselves to be 'without God'. But the Gospel of Jesus Christ shows us that God cannot stay without us," the pope said, according to a summary of his comments provided by the Holy See Press Office.

    "He will never be a God 'without man'; it is He Who cannot stay without us, and this is a great mystery! God cannot be God without man: the great mystery is this!" he said.

    He went on to explain that it is because of God's fatherly love for man that the faithful should have hope in God always.

    http://www.christianpost.com/news/go...s-says-187045/

  2. #2
    I wait for You, my Savior. rambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    In the clouds
    Nakakawindang talaga itong pope na ito. I'm not sure if he is the prophesied False Prophet na partner ng antichrist pero bes, pasok na pasok talaga sya sa banga para sa role ng FP! Baka siya na nga. Let's wait and see.

  3. #3
    im not a fan of the pope but i dont see anything wrong with what he said. god cannot be god if there is no one to recognize him as a god.

  4. #4
    I wait for You, my Savior. rambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    In the clouds
    ^Sabi sa Genesis 1:1 nung wala pang tao, "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth".

    God is God with or without creation. The name of YHWH means "I Am". It can also mean "Always".

    He is self-existent, always, from eternity to eternity.

    That's my God. I can't stop thinking about Him.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by rambler View Post
    Nakakawindang talaga itong pope na ito. I'm not sure if he is the prophesied False Prophet na partner ng antichrist pero bes, pasok na pasok talaga sya sa banga para sa role ng FP! Baka siya na nga. Let's wait and see.
    Maybe because the Pope knows that God works in mysterious ways and you don't.

    Who are those then that will glorify Him? Are they not supposed to be his creatures? If there is a deluge and everybody dies here on earth, will there still be God? God is infinite and those who are already with Him won't they remain infinite?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by rambler View Post
    ^Sabi sa Genesis 1:1 nung wala pang tao, "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth".

    God is God with or without creation. The name of YHWH means "I Am". It can also mean "Always".

    He is self-existent, always, from eternity to eternity.

    That's my God. I can't stop thinking about Him.
    Genesis was written nung may tao na diba?


    Look at these definitions of "God" from Webster:


    1
    capitalized : the supreme or ultimate reality: such as
    a : the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe
    b Christian Science : the incorporeal divine Principle ruling over all as eternal Spirit : infinite Mind
    2
    : a being or object believed to have more than natural attributes and powers and to require human worship; specifically : one controlling a particular aspect or part of reality Greek gods of love and war




    so you see if you remove the worshippers its no longer a god. jeeezus would just be a superman.

  7. #7
    God created man. Thus He is the Lord of his creation. Praises and worship from his creation are not compulsory. The fact that he caused man to exist proves that he is the Lord of men.

    As simple as that. Ginagawan nanaman ng spin ng mga heretic evangelicals ang issue.

  8. #8
    I wait for You, my Savior. rambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    In the clouds
    sophion, those Webster definitions do not encompass the essence of God. Creation does not determine the deity of God.

    Hindi naman Niya kailangan gawin ang mga anghel at tao. God is complete in Himself. He has plurality in Himself. The Father, Son, and Spirit enjoy perfect fellowship with each other.

    And by the way, ang tawagan nila sa Isa't-Isa ay God. Sabi sa Hebrews 1:8 --

    "But of the Son, He says, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever..."

    All throughout eternity, God is complete in Himself and enjoys perfect existence. Ginawa lang Niya ang mga anghel, tao, at living things as an extension of His love.

  9. #9
    Non est Deus. Fac cum eo. Ateo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Civitate Vaticana
    God is nothing without Man. He needs constant worshipping.

    When God formulated His Divine Plan,
    He could have thought of making galactic bowling lanes where he could throw a galaxy against other galaxies. That could be fun. But he had other plans, other needs. He needs to create puny humans, he wants them weak, he wants them sinful, created a demon to tempt them, he then contrived to save them, after
    saving them he still needs to send pastors to remind them that they are saved. In the end, only a tiny fraction will be saved. It is his solemn duty to burn the rest of them. It sucks to be God - boring and frustrating.

  10. #10
    sows,

    Parang Digong lang yan e, intindihin niyo kasi ang kontexto

    parang

    "I cannot be a man without a woman"

    Doesnt mean that I'm no longer a man if I don't have a woman.

    If I say:

    "I cannot be a man if without a woman"

    Then that's an entirely different story.

  11. #11
    Repent you savages! Repent! ach_choo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kyusi
    Quote Originally Posted by rambler View Post
    sophion, those Webster definitions do not encompass the essence of God. Creation does not determine the deity of God.

    Hindi naman Niya kailangan gawin ang mga anghel at tao. God is complete in Himself. He has plurality in Himself. The Father, Son, and Spirit enjoy perfect fellowship with each other.

    And by the way, ang tawagan nila sa Isa't-Isa ay God. Sabi sa Hebrews 1:8 --

    "But of the Son, He says, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever..."

    All throughout eternity, God is complete in Himself and enjoys perfect existence. Ginawa lang Niya ang mga anghel, tao, at living things as an extension of His love.
    You misinterpret what the Argentine said. It's not a question of omniscience. It is a question of God's love. It's like saying "what's a father without his children?"

    Really, bible literalists never practice interpretation and deduction.

  12. #12
    I wait for You, my Savior. rambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    In the clouds
    Quote Originally Posted by ach_choo View Post
    Really, bible literalists never practice interpretation and deduction.
    Wow, nahiya naman ako sa'yo. Kaya pala ang mga totoong believers ang nagpapractice ng hermeneutics, expository preaching, at homiletics.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by rambler View Post
    Nakakawindang talaga itong pope na ito. I'm not sure if he is the prophesied False Prophet na partner ng antichrist pero bes, pasok na pasok talaga sya sa banga para sa role ng FP! Baka siya na nga. Let's wait and see.

    I agree with you here - he fits to a T!

  14. #14
    Like every other religious teacher, he pulled that one right out his a$$. Nothing factual at all.

  15. #15
    rambler, mamamatay ka na lang napaka-bitter mo pa rin. live and let live.

  16. #16
    Non est Deus. Fac cum eo. Ateo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Civitate Vaticana
    Quote Originally Posted by right View Post
    rambler, mamamatay ka na lang napaka-bitter mo pa rin. live and let live.
    For Rambler's sake, I wish there were heaven. Imagine all the bitterness, achy hopes and conservatism she had to live with only to end with no afterlife, no Jesus.

  17. #17
    I wait for You, my Savior. rambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    In the clouds
    hala, ako pa daw ang bitter..

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateo View Post
    For Rambler's sake, I wish there were heaven. Imagine all the bitterness, achy hopes and conservatism she had to live with only to end with no afterlife, no Jesus.
    If Islam is correct and rambler dies a virgin, there are terrorists waiting up there in heaven.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •