PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: Defending Champs Ateneo KOs NU

The Ateneo Lady Eagles successfully opened their campaign with a three-set victory over the NU Lady Bulldogs, 25-21, 25-18, 25-15.

read more

PHOTOS: UST Sweeps UE in Season Opener

The UST Tigresses had no problems to start off their season as they swept the UE Lady Warriors in 3 sets, 25-11, 25-12, 25-14.

read more

The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards

Come one, come all! Voting for The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards has officially begun. Click here to cast a vote!

read more

10 Things to Watch Out for in UAAP Volleyball

We list down 10 things to look forward to this season from the Miefer Fever to EJ Laure and Jaja Santiago's crucial role for their respective teams!

read more

FEATURE: BasketBros: PBA's Best Buddies

We take a look at twelve couples who have formed relationships like real life brothers. Meet our BasketBros!

read more

REVIEW: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1

It feels forced and stretched. But hey, it's still Mockingjay. Check out our full review here!

read more

Post mataas ang uric acid

Doc,
    Ano ba ang mga bawal na pagkain para mapababa ang uric acid? Meron bang gamot to reduce it effectively?!

Cool

Avoid or at leat try to reduce your intake of the following food types:
    1. All types of meat, especially "organ" meat-liver, etc; seafood.
    2. meat extracts and gravy
    3. yeast and yeast extracts; beer and other alcoholic beverages
    4. beans, peas, oatmeal, spinach, asparagus, cauliflower, and mushrooms.

Your diet isn't the only thing you should modify. Are you symptomatic? May masakit bang mga joints sa katawan mo? Masakit ba ang mga hinlalaki mo sa paa? Are you undergoing chemotherapy as of the moment?

If your answers to any of the above are a resounding "YES!", I suggest you see a doctor. You'll be needing medications to treat your hyperuricemic state.

huhuhu...mukhang wala na kong pwedeng kainin ha! =(

Wink

i used to have the same problem. i used to take 300mg of allupirenol everyday and yung tiny white pill na hirap e spell, basta anti-gout yung pill. nag pa chk up ako coz i woke up one early morning na masakit yung joints ko, my wifey being a nurse told me baka mataas uric acid ko. nug nag pa blood test ako above normal nga at mataas, almost 400 yung rating (mga 320 lang yata yung max na normal). mga more than 1 yr rin yung medicatoins ko. bumaba yung acid ko pero nasa boundary lang nang max level. minsan nasa 310, minsan a little over 320. Kasi medyo matigas ulo ko e, i never drink or get drunk naman pero talagang masarap yung bawal kainin e
    then i got this "tip" sa tita ko about eating okra. nagpappababa raw nang uric acid. bali ang gawin sa okra is iluto to sabay sa kanin, yung may tubig pa na kakaboil lang nang bigas. usually 4 pcs of okra yung nilalagay ko. sabay na maluluto to sa kanin. then eat da okra lang, just the plain okra. b4 dinner pinupurga ko yung sarili ko sa okra for a month. last month uric acid ko is around 250 na lang.

Potassium Citrate. Google it.

when i was 15 years old, tumaas uric acid dahil kaka-in ng Isaw after school,
    symptoms sa akin kaya ko nalaman is rheumatism, hindi ako nakalakad for a week,
    doctors advise: no physical activities for me within a month