PEx Highlights

What's in your breakup playlist?

Ilabas na ang imaginary music video moments mo, habang umuulan at naka titig ka sa kawalan. Ano nga ba ang nasa break-up playlist mo?

read more

PBA Governors' Cup Semis Preview

It's the Hotshots against the Aces. Rain or Shine versus SMB. Hot takes, talking points, storylines -- we preview the Govs' Cup semis in this week's PBA feature.

read more

Show Me Your Rainbow Teeths!

Mabuhay ang sangkabaklaan! Chelsey and Merly react to the Supreme Court ruling in the US in this week's very gay episode of SMYT!

read more

Speak your mind, PExers!

Are we also ready to legalize same-sex marriage here in the country? Send in your opinions here!

read more

Join the PBB conversation!

How are you finding the new season of Pinoy Big Brother so far? Everybody's welcome to join the discussion and talk about anything related to PBB!

read more

PHOTOS: ROS Blows Game 1 Against SMB

No lead is safe in the PBA, that's what we learned from the first two games of the semis. Check out our complete coverage of the SMB vs ROS matchup in our PBA Gallery!

read more

Post mataas ang uric acid

Doc,
    Ano ba ang mga bawal na pagkain para mapababa ang uric acid? Meron bang gamot to reduce it effectively?!

Cool

Avoid or at leat try to reduce your intake of the following food types:
    1. All types of meat, especially "organ" meat-liver, etc; seafood.
    2. meat extracts and gravy
    3. yeast and yeast extracts; beer and other alcoholic beverages
    4. beans, peas, oatmeal, spinach, asparagus, cauliflower, and mushrooms.

Your diet isn't the only thing you should modify. Are you symptomatic? May masakit bang mga joints sa katawan mo? Masakit ba ang mga hinlalaki mo sa paa? Are you undergoing chemotherapy as of the moment?

If your answers to any of the above are a resounding "YES!", I suggest you see a doctor. You'll be needing medications to treat your hyperuricemic state.

huhuhu...mukhang wala na kong pwedeng kainin ha! =(

Wink

i used to have the same problem. i used to take 300mg of allupirenol everyday and yung tiny white pill na hirap e spell, basta anti-gout yung pill. nag pa chk up ako coz i woke up one early morning na masakit yung joints ko, my wifey being a nurse told me baka mataas uric acid ko. nug nag pa blood test ako above normal nga at mataas, almost 400 yung rating (mga 320 lang yata yung max na normal). mga more than 1 yr rin yung medicatoins ko. bumaba yung acid ko pero nasa boundary lang nang max level. minsan nasa 310, minsan a little over 320. Kasi medyo matigas ulo ko e, i never drink or get drunk naman pero talagang masarap yung bawal kainin e
    then i got this "tip" sa tita ko about eating okra. nagpappababa raw nang uric acid. bali ang gawin sa okra is iluto to sabay sa kanin, yung may tubig pa na kakaboil lang nang bigas. usually 4 pcs of okra yung nilalagay ko. sabay na maluluto to sa kanin. then eat da okra lang, just the plain okra. b4 dinner pinupurga ko yung sarili ko sa okra for a month. last month uric acid ko is around 250 na lang.

when i was 15 years old, tumaas uric acid dahil kaka-in ng Isaw after school,
    symptoms sa akin kaya ko nalaman is rheumatism, hindi ako nakalakad for a week,
    doctors advise: no physical activities for me within a month