Philippine Star: Leila among Time 100 Most Influential | Local and Foreign Issues | PinoyExchange
X

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 35
  1. #1
    Member PExky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Behind a keyboard

    Philippine Star: Leila among Time 100 Most Influential

    President Duterte and his fiercest critic Sen. Leila de Lima were among Time magazine’s 100 Most Influential People for 2017, which also included actors, musicians, politicians, business leaders, activists and scientists.

    (...snipped)
    http://www.philstar.com/headlines/20...st-influential

    This deserves a separate thread on its own.

    Now, I wonder if Dutertards still find Time magazine credible.

  2. #2
    Repent you savages! Repent! ach_choo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kyusi
    Hohum. So she might be good for a second term at the Senate. And then? Never liked that horny pit bull.

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmcdo View Post
    go leila go
    ...back to prison.

  5. #5
    Hunter Nils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Lost in the web
    "the world keeps watch" daw

    http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/news/..._campaign=news


    Kaya pala gumawa ng sex video... exhibitionist pa ang hitad...

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Nils View Post
    "the world keeps watch" daw

    http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/news/..._campaign=news


    Kaya pala gumawa ng sex video... exhibitionist pa ang hitad...
    Naglalaro paba *** ni mr pink ng diablo???

  7. #7
    Hunter Nils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Lost in the web
    Quote Originally Posted by mimigs View Post
    Naglalaro paba *** ni mr pink ng diablo???
    tigil muna ako, lumabas legion eh

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Nils View Post
    tigil muna ako, lumabas legion eh
    Uuwi na ng pinas yun for good haha

  9. #9
    De Lima is an icon! Duterte is a killer of 7,000 people. De Lima is aspirational. Duterte is abominable.

    yup, that's the Time Top 100 Most Imfluential People.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet.twins View Post
    De Lima is an icon! Duterte is a killer of 7,000 people. De Lima is aspirational. Duterte is abominable.

    yup, that's the Time Top 100 Most Imfluential People.
    lols

  11. #11
    Hunter Nils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Lost in the web
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet.twins View Post
    De Lima is an icon! Duterte is a killer of 7,000 people. De Lima is aspirational. Duterte is abominable.

    yup, that's the Time Top 100 Most Imfluential People.
    yep! Idol si De Lima. Now all men who **** around have a valid excuse! #frailtiesofaman nyahahahaha!

  12. #12
    O yung mga sumasamba kay De Lima, mag-alay na kayo ng saba


  13. #13
    Time Magazine released the full list of their 100 Most Influential People, and Pres. Rodrigo Duterte and Sen. Leila De Lima are part of it. While many are celebrating Duterte’s inclusion and questioning De Lima’s, the critiques seem to say otherwise.
    ==========================================================================
    Pres Rodrigo Duterte

    Former Colombian President César Gaviria was tasked to write about Duterte. Right off the bat, Gaviria mentions how there have been 7,000 drug war killings since the president’s inauguration last June. He also reflected on how his similar approach to drugs didn’t help the people of Colombia. “When I was President of Colombia, I was also seduced into taking a tough stance on drugs,” he wrote. “But after spending billions, I discovered that the war was unwinnable and the human costs were devastating. The cure was infinitely worse than the disease.”

    Last February, Gaviria wrote a New York Times op-ed which advised Duterte to stop the drug war and not “repeat [his] mistakes.” Of course, like with many things, Duterte didn’t take it to stride and called him an “idiot” for his honest commentary.

    ==========================================================================

    Sen Leila De Lima

    Meanwhile, De Lima’s critique was written by former UN Ambassador to the US Samantha Power. Here, she was lauded for her bravery in standing up to Duterte and fighting against the drug war. “Senator de Lima has become Duterte’s most vocal critic—a role her friends call suicidal,” Power wrote. “Last August de Lima convened a hearing on Duterte’s drug-war killings, featuring devastating testimony from a former hit man. Duterte allies stripped de Lima of her Justice Committee chair. In February she was jailed.”

    No lies there, especially considering that De Lima also received misogynistic jibes from Duterte and other government officials.

    The short articles from Gaviria and Power were honest and reflective of the Philippines’ current situation. However, netizens seem to be ignoring this and badmouthing De Lima instead.

  14. #14

  15. #15
    Hunter Nils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Lost in the web
    Quote Originally Posted by lacroix View Post
    Time Magazine released the full list of their 100 Most Influential People, and Pres. Rodrigo Duterte and Sen. Leila De Lima are part of it. While many are celebrating Duterte’s inclusion and questioning De Lima’s, the critiques seem to say otherwise.
    ==========================================================================
    Pres Rodrigo Duterte

    Former Colombian President César Gaviria was tasked to write about Duterte. Right off the bat, Gaviria mentions how there have been 7,000 drug war killings since the president’s inauguration last June. He also reflected on how his similar approach to drugs didn’t help the people of Colombia. “When I was President of Colombia, I was also seduced into taking a tough stance on drugs,” he wrote. “But after spending billions, I discovered that the war was unwinnable and the human costs were devastating. The cure was infinitely worse than the disease.”

    Last February, Gaviria wrote a New York Times op-ed which advised Duterte to stop the drug war and not “repeat [his] mistakes.” Of course, like with many things, Duterte didn’t take it to stride and called him an “idiot” for his honest commentary.

    ==========================================================================

    Sen Leila De Lima

    Meanwhile, De Lima’s critique was written by former UN Ambassador to the US Samantha Power. Here, she was lauded for her bravery in standing up to Duterte and fighting against the drug war. “Senator de Lima has become Duterte’s most vocal critic—a role her friends call suicidal,” Power wrote. “Last August de Lima convened a hearing on Duterte’s drug-war killings, featuring devastating testimony from a former hit man. Duterte allies stripped de Lima of her Justice Committee chair. In February she was jailed.”

    No lies there, especially considering that De Lima also received misogynistic jibes from Duterte and other government officials.

    The short articles from Gaviria and Power were honest and reflective of the Philippines’ current situation. However, netizens seem to be ignoring this and badmouthing De Lima instead.
    You mean the one who advised Obama to destroy the once prosperous country Libya? Yeah! We should believe such people have other country's best interest foremost in her mind. Good job US for ****ing up the lives of millions of Libyans!

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Nils View Post
    You mean the one who advised Obama to destroy the once prosperous country Libya? Yeah! We should believe such people have other country's best interest foremost in her mind. Good job US for ****ing up the lives of millions of Libyans!
    yup! ang lakas makaloida nicolas lewis connection

  17. #17

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by cinelamour View Post
    si delima ay icon. #iconvict na iyan
    I-share na sa FB yan!

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet.twins View Post
    De Lima is an icon! Duterte is a killer of 7,000 people. De Lima is aspirational. Duterte is abominable.

    yup, that's the Time Top 100 Most Imfluential People.
    Where is the the SON of the Icon of Democrazy, Why is he silent on 7,000 innocents slaughtered?{ #noynoying

    Remember he made a vow
    PNoy vows to fight ‘dictator’ Duterte

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by lacroix View Post
    Time Magazine released the full list of their 100 Most Influential People, and Pres. Rodrigo Duterte and Sen. Leila De Lima are part of it. While many are celebrating Duterte’s inclusion and questioning De Lima’s, the critiques seem to say otherwise.
    ==========================================================================
    Pres Rodrigo Duterte

    Former Colombian President César Gaviria was tasked to write about Duterte. Right off the bat, Gaviria mentions how there have been 7,000 drug war killings since the president’s inauguration last June. He also reflected on how his similar approach to drugs didn’t help the people of Colombia. “When I was President of Colombia, I was also seduced into taking a tough stance on drugs,” he wrote. “But after spending billions, I discovered that the war was unwinnable and the human costs were devastating. The cure was infinitely worse than the disease.”

    Last February, Gaviria wrote a New York Times op-ed which advised Duterte to stop the drug war and not “repeat [his] mistakes.” Of course, like with many things, Duterte didn’t take it to stride and called him an “idiot” for his honest commentary.

    ==========================================================================

    Sen Leila De Lima

    Meanwhile, De Lima’s critique was written by former UN Ambassador to the US Samantha Power. Here, she was lauded for her bravery in standing up to Duterte and fighting against the drug war. “Senator de Lima has become Duterte’s most vocal critic—a role her friends call suicidal,” Power wrote. “Last August de Lima convened a hearing on Duterte’s drug-war killings, featuring devastating testimony from a former hit man. Duterte allies stripped de Lima of her Justice Committee chair. In February she was jailed.”

    No lies there, especially considering that De Lima also received misogynistic jibes from Duterte and other government officials.

    The short articles from Gaviria and Power were honest and reflective of the Philippines’ current situation. However, netizens seem to be ignoring this and badmouthing De Lima instead.
    eto ba ang credible?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •