Isaiah's Bird of Prey: Cyrus the Great or Felix Manalo? - Page 2 | Realm of Thought | PinoyExchange

X

Page 2 of 12 First 1 2 3 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by KidlatNgayon View Post
    Anong klaseng comment yan? Dapat yata ay ikaw ang makulong sa mental hospital!
    Kayong naniniwala na sugo ang manyakis na si Felix manalo ang dapat maconfine sa Mental Hospital.

Anong klaseng comment yan? Dapat yata ay ikaw ang makulong sa mental hospital!
    So dIsGRacEd ka kidlat naman na glee, glee pa

^ So anong ginagawa mo sa akin? You have always character-assassinated me. Do what you preach!

Felix Manaloko: Buking na!

Nagkulong sa kwarto ng 3 araw o kinulong ng 3 araw sa Mental Hospital?

Isaiah 46:11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken*it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed*it, I will also do it.

Sorry everybody...... I hate to burst your bubbles.... but so you know and now you have been corrected and informed....

“The Ravenous Bird” from the East (Isa 46:11).... is no other than Saul (Apostle Paul) himself. Saul persecuted the followers of Christ during his old days. Like any Birds of Prey, Saul went aggressively after the disciples of Christ, bind them together to prisons and put many of them to death - BEFORE he was converted to Christianity… to serve and fulfill the prophecy of our Lord’ for this purpose - making him the Minister of the Gentiles.

Read and learn:

THE PROPHECY:

Isa 41
    v1 Keep silence before me, O islands; and let the people renew their strength: let them come near; then let them speak: let us come near together to judgment.

v2 Who raised up the righteous man from the east, called him to his foot, gave the nations before him, and made*him*rule over kings? he gave*them*as the dust to his sword,*and*as driven stubble to his bow.
    v3 He pursued them, [and] passed safely; [even] by the way [that] he had not gone with his feet.

v25 I have raised up one from the north, and he shall come: from the rising of the sun shall he call upon my name: and he shall come upon princes as upon morter, and as the potter treadeth clay.

v26 Who hath declared from the beginning, that we may know? and before time, that we may say,*He is*righteous? yea,*there is*none that sheweth, yea,*there is*none that declareth, yea,*there is*none that heareth your words.

Isa 46
    v9 Remember the former things of old: for I*am*God, and*there is*none else;*I am*God, and*there is*none like me,
    v10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times*the things*that are not*yet*done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

v11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken*it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed*it, I will also do it.

THE FULFILLMENT:

Act 22:3 I am (Saul / Paul)) verily a man*which am*a Jew, born in Tarsus ,*a city*in Cilicia (a far country North - cross- Isa 46:11), yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel (Jerusalem- East)),*and taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day.
    v4 And I persecuted this way unto the death, binding and delivering into prisons both men and women. (cross- Isa 41:26 - Is he righteous?)

Act 26
    v12 Whereupon as I went to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests,
    V13 At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me.
    v14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? (cross Isa 41:25) it is hard for thee to kick against the ******.
    v15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? ( cross ref. Isa 41:25) And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.
    v16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet (cross ref. Isa 41:2): for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose (cross ref. Isa 46:11), to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee
    v17 Delivering thee from the people, and*from*the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee
    v18 To open their eyes,*and*to turn*them*from darkness to light, and*from*the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.( cross ref. Isa 41:1)

2Cor 12
    v7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. (cross ref. Isa 41:25)

God bless

Note: Insertions are mine for clarity and cross references. ;

Quote Originally Posted by Seve View Post
    Isaiah 46:11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken*it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed*it, I will also do it.

Sorry everybody...... I hate to burst your bubbles.... but so you know and now you have been corrected and informed....

“The Ravenous Bird” from the East (Isa 46:11).... is no other than Saul (Apostle Paul) himself. Saul persecuted the followers of Christ during his old days. Like any Birds of Prey, Saul went aggressively after the disciples of Christ, bind them together to prisons and put many of them to death - BEFORE he was converted to Christianity… to serve and fulfill the prophecy of our Lord’ for this purpose - making him the Minister of the Gentiles.

Read and learn:

THE PROPHECY:

Isa 41
    v1 Keep silence before me, O islands; and let the people renew their strength: let them come near; then let them speak: let us come near together to judgment.

v2 Who raised up the righteous man from the east, called him to his foot, gave the nations before him, and made*him*rule over kings? he gave*them*as the dust to his sword,*and*as driven stubble to his bow.
    v3 He pursued them, [and] passed safely; [even] by the way [that] he had not gone with his feet.

v25 I have raised up one from the north, and he shall come: from the rising of the sun shall he call upon my name: and he shall come upon princes as upon morter, and as the potter treadeth clay.

v26 Who hath declared from the beginning, that we may know? and before time, that we may say,*He is*righteous? yea,*there is*none that sheweth, yea,*there is*none that declareth, yea,*there is*none that heareth your words.

Isa 46
    v9 Remember the former things of old: for I*am*God, and*there is*none else;*I am*God, and*there is*none like me,
    v10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times*the things*that are not*yet*done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

v11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken*it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed*it, I will also do it.

THE FULFILLMENT:

Act 22:3 I am (Saul / Paul)) verily a man*which am*a Jew, born in Tarsus ,*a city*in Cilicia (a far country North - cross- Isa 46:11), yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel (Jerusalem- East)),*and taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day.
    v4 And I persecuted this way unto the death, binding and delivering into prisons both men and women. (cross- Isa 41:26 - Is he righteous?)

Act 26
    v12 Whereupon as I went to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests,
    V13 At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me.
    v14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? (cross Isa 41:25) it is hard for thee to kick against the ******.
    v15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? ( cross ref. Isa 41:25) And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.
    v16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet (cross ref. Isa 41:2): for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose (cross ref. Isa 46:11), to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee
    v17 Delivering thee from the people, and*from*the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee
    v18 To open their eyes,*and*to turn*them*from darkness to light, and*from*the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.( cross ref. Isa 41:1)

2Cor 12
    v7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. (cross ref. Isa 41:25)

God bless

Biblical proof texts of Saul or Apostle Paul.... being spoken in the Book of Isaiah' prophecy.... A Pre-destined Minister of the Gentiles.... that we may have salvation unto the end of the earth.

Isa 49
    v1 Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me (Saul) from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name.

v2 And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me;

v5 And now, saith the LORD that formed me (Saul) from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength.

v6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant (cross - Isa 41:26 Saul righteous?) to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

God bless

Note: Insertions are mine for presentation.

Si Prophet Samuel ang nag-annoint kay King David. Sino ang nag-annoint kay Samuel?

Si John ang nag-baptize kay Jesus Christ. Sino ang nag-baptize kay John BAGO niya binautismuhan si Cristo? Si John ba ay "annointed"? Sino ang "nag-annoint" kay Jesus?

Show me bible verses, "gnostic (kuno)" Sophion?
    absence of proof is not proof of absence. but the fact is prophets are anointed in the bible.

fact is aminado kayong walang naganoint kay mang felix. di pwede sa bible yan basta basta ka na lang magdecide na 'messenger' ka.

Quote Originally Posted by sophion View Post
    absence of proof is not proof of absence. but the fact is prophets are anointed in the bible.
    Absence of proof will not win in any court so LO-TA ka Sophion, WALA KANG PANALO dito , puro bunganga ka lang, Gnostic kuno!

fact is aminado kayong walang naganoint kay mang felix. di pwede sa bible yan basta basta ka na lang magdecide na 'messenger' ka.
    It is in fact owning the prophesy that makes someone the rightful owner of it, and prophesies about them don't mention their names. The way the prophecies are revealed is when they claim them:

Jesus Christ proclaimed Himself as the one being prophesied by Isaiah:

Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, Because the LORD has anointed me To bring good news to the afflicted; He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to captives And freedom to prisoners;

Luke 4:17-19
    17 the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to Him. Unrolling it, He found the place where it was written: 18 “The Spirit of the Lord is on Me, because He has anointed Me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent Me to proclaim deliverance to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to release the oppressed, 19 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”…

John the Baptist proclaimed himself as the one being prophesied by Prophet Isaiah as well:

Isaiah 40:3
    New International Version
    A voice of one calling: "In the wilderness prepare the way for the LORD; make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

John 1:23
    John replied in the words of Isaiah the prophet: "I am a voice of one calling in the wilderness, 'Make straight the way for the Lord.'"

Apostle Paul claimed his prophesy:

Habakkuk 2:3 "For the vision is yet for the appointed time; It hastens toward the goal and it will not fail. Though it tarries, wait for it; For it will certainly come, it will not delay. 4 "Behold, as for the proud one, His soul is not right within him; But the righteous will live by his faith.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, first to the Jew, then to the Greek. 17 For the gospel reveals the righteousness of God that comes by faith from start to finish, just as it is written: “- The righteous will live by faith.”

FYM's prophecy:

Isaiah 43:5–6, “Fear not, for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east, and from the west I will gather you. I will say to the north, Give up, and to the south, do not withhold; bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the end of the earth.”

^ Cyrus did not claim this prophecy to be his. Nobody else claimed this until Felix Y. Manalo claimed it, backed by many other prophesies that only he can authenticate. As FYM was manifested in the 20th century, he could not have identified himself in the New Testament!

The prophets who were not annointed were APPOINTED through biblical prophecies. FYM was appointed through biblical prophecies as well. He was also COMMISSIONED by God to RE-ESTABLISH the church of Christ from the 1st century!

Absence of proof will not win in any court so LO-TA ka Sophion, WALA KANG PANALO dito , puro bunganga ka lang, Gnostic kuno!

It is in fact owning the prophesy that makes someone the rightful owner of it, and prophesies about them don't mention their names. The way the prophecies are revealed is when they claim them:

Jesus Christ proclaimed Himself as the one being prophesied by Isaiah:
    naku kunumpara pa kay jeeezus! eh si jeeezus di naman umasa lang sa interpretation of prophecy diba? kelangan pa syang i-anoint at aprubahan ni john the baptist. tapos may mga miraculous proof pa according to the stories.

eh si manalo hanggang pambobola lang! nagpauto ka naman!

Heto tanong mo sa sarili mo: BAKIT MAY ANOINTING SA BIBLE? bakit mga priest, kings at prophets eh kelangan ng anointing?

I wait for You, my Savior. rambler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post

I believe the great false prophets of our time like Charles Taze Russell, Ellen White, Joseph Smith, and Felix Manalo had been under the direct or indirect influence of the devil. Simple lang ang gospel: si HESU KRISTO. The goal of the devil is to take away from our focus on Christ to man-made worldviews like what these charlatans spout.

INC failed or is deliberately suppressing the biblical and historical facts that Cyrus actually fulfilled God's councel of bringing salvation to Israel....
    How can you say that "Cyrus brought salvation to Israel", when as a former Christian, you know so well that only Jesus Christ brings salvation to mankind?

1. Historical Proof:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...s_Cylinder.jpg
    The Cyrus cylinder, which confirms that Cyrus allowed captives in Babylon to return to their native lands, earning him an honored place in Judaism.

2. Biblical Proof:

Isaiah 45:1
    “This is what the Lord says to his anointed,
    to Cyrus
    , whose right hand I take hold of
    to subdue nations before him
    and to strip kings of their armor,
    to open doors before him
    so that gates will not be shut:
    Where exactly in these references say that "Cyrus is Messiah"?

Isaiah specifically named Cyrus as God's MESSIAH.
    A Messiah is someone destined to bring salvation to Israel.

Cyrus the Messiah
    by Lisbeth S. Fried
    Many people are anointed in the Hebrew Bible, and many are referred to as the messiah or anointed one. The high priest is called the anointed priest (Lev 4:3). God tells Elijah to anoint two different men as kings of their people: Hazael as king of Aram (1Kgs 19:15) and Jehu son of Nimshi as king over Israel. God also instructs Elijah to anoint his own successor, Elisha son of Shaphat, as prophet (1Kgs 19:16). At this point, the term messiah or anointed one did not refer to the apocalyptic savior of humankind.

The Persian emperor Cyrus is the only foreigner in the Bible to be identified as the messiah or anointed one of Yahweh, the Israelite God. Isaiah tells us that Yahweh spoke “to his messiah, to Cyrus, whom I [Yahweh] took by his right hand to subdue nations before him” (Isa 45:1). The other people called messiah or anointed one in the Bible aren’t designated Yahweh’s messiah, as Cyrus is.

https://www.bibleodyssey.org/en/peop...e-messiah.aspx

By Lisbeth S. Fried? Who is she and what is her authority? This must be another of your opinions, believing this person's opinions!

Who anointed felix manalo? Who declared him a messiah? Wala manloloko lang yun!
    FYM was PROPHESIED! In many prophecies of Isaiah (who also prophesied Christ), FYM is the only one who fulfilled them to the dot!

Quote Originally Posted by rambler View Post

I believe the great false prophets of our time like Charles Taze Russell, Ellen White, Joseph Smith, and Felix Manalo had been under the direct or indirect influence of the devil. Simple lang ang gospel: si HESU KRISTO. The goal of the devil is to take away from our focus on Christ to man-made worldviews like what these charlatans spout.

The man-made worldviews is proclaiming that Christ is God, the very thing recorded in the bible as anti-Christ. The anti-Christ is actually the idea that Jesus Christ is God because it is the opposite of Christ's teaching that His Father (and our Father) and His God (our God) is the ONLY TRUE GOD. Christ NEVER TAUGHT that He is God nor God incarnated. His apostles never taught this so as well. It is the people who call themselves as authorities that invented this concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post

AD HOM. Still, you help FYM to be blessed:

Matthew 5:11
    New International Version
    "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.

So thank you on behalf of our Sugo!

Quote Originally Posted by Seve View Post

Read and learn:

THE PROPHECY:

Isa 41

Isa 46

THE FULFILLMENT:

Act 26

2Cor 12

God bless

I hate to break your bubble but you are inventing a new concept here and it's not worth my time!

Isaiah 46:11: WHY CYRUS IS NOT THE ‘BIRD OF PREY FROM THE EAST?

The earlier English Translations of the Bible—such as Douay-Rheims (1609-1610), King James Version (1611), American Standard Version (1901), Revised Standard Version (1952), New English Bible (1961, 1970), and New American Bible (1970)—do not contain Cyrus' name in Isaiah 46:11.

It was only in the rendition of the Living Bible, which was published in July 1971, when the name of Cyrus appeared in Isaiah 46:11.

It is important to bear in mind that the Living Bible is a paraphrase of the Old and New Testament. What is a “paraphrase?? In the Living Bible Version itself, it is explained:

“To paraphrase is to say something in different words than the author’s thoughts, using different words than he did."(Preface, Living Bible)

The paraphraser of the Living Bible used words different from what the author originally used. The danger of paraphrase was also explained in the preface of the Living Bible:

“There are dangers in paraphrases, as well as values. For whenever the author’s exact words are not translated from the original languages, there is a possibility that the translator, however honest, may be giving the English reader something that the original writer did not mean to say.?(Ibid.)

We do not oppose the use of the Living Bible, or any other Bible translation for that matter. What we oppose are the verses that are erroneously translated, such as Isaiah 46:11 of the Living Bible.

The inclusion of the name of Cyrus in Isaiah 46:11 is not correct. Cyrus is not the “bird of prey from the east because he does not fulfill the conditions that identify the prophesied messenger in Isaiah 46:11. The inclusion of Cyrus name in that verse is merely an assumption of the paraphraser of the Living Bible.

The inclusion of the name of Cyrus in Isaiah 46:11 is not correct. Cyrus is not the “bird of prey from the east because he does not fulfill the conditions that identify the prophesied messenger in Isaiah 46:11. The inclusion of Cyrus name in that verse is merely an assumption of the paraphraser of the Living Bible.
    And yet Isaiah directly and literally identifies Cyrus as the Messiah, and history identifies him as the Bird of Prey.

wala ka talagang panalo kidlat, bible at history kinakalaban mo eh.

And yet Isaiah directly and literally identifies Cyrus as the Messiah, and history identifies him as the Bird of Prey.

wala ka talagang panalo kidlat, bible at history kinakalaban mo eh.
    Where is that written? Please post

Where is that written? Please post
    כֹּה-אָמַר יְהוָה, לִמְשִׁיחוֹ לְכוֹרֶשׁ אֲשֶׁר-הֶחֱזַקְתִּי בִימִינוֹ לְרַד-לְפָנָיו גּוֹיִם,

כֹּה-אָמַר יְהוָה, לִמְשִׁיחוֹ לְכוֹרֶשׁ אֲשֶׁר-הֶחֱזַקְתִּי בִימִינוֹ לְרַד-לְפָנָיו גּוֹיִם,
    It doesn't say there that he is Messiah! There is no מָשִׁיחַ‎‎ there!

It doesn't say there that he is Messiah! There is no מָשִׁיחַ‎‎ there!
    כֹּה-אָמַר יְהוָה, לִמְשִׁיחוֹ לְכוֹרֶשׁ אֲשֶׁר-הֶחֱזַקְתִּי בִימִינוֹ לְרַד-לְפָנָיו גּוֹיִם

Page 2 of 12 First 1 2 3 ... Last