Pres Du30 minura ang ABSCBN at PDI - Page 13 | Local and Foreign Issues | PinoyExchange

Page 13 of 13 First ... 3 12 13
Results 241 to 254 of 254
  1. #241
    tang na! 600 million plus ang utang ng abscbn sa solar?!?!?!?!?!?!?

    at ayaw bayaran. kakahiya a!

  2. #242
    ^diba mga movies nila nag grogross ng 100m-600m? e bakit hindi nila mabayaran yan? according to press release nila tumabo sa takilya ang movie ni Vice Ganda last yr ng 500m. so, bakit hindi kaya bayaran ng mga Lopezes nyan?

  3. #243
    ^^ baka niloloko lang nila sarili nila sa figures na yan kaya hindi kaya bayaran sky

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by ylle45 View Post
    ^^ baka niloloko lang nila sarili nila sa figures na yan kaya hindi kaya bayaran sky
    It's more of magnifying figures so as to sound na kaya mabili kase maraming manonoos because the movie is very much worth the money.

    Turns out, because of this unpaid amount, na dapat ay barya lang since they've always earned like half a billion for every Star Cinema romcom, na hindi nila masettle, people will realize na pantawag interes lang talaga yang mga earnings na ibinabalita nila sa mga pelikula nila, which will furthermore pull down their already dubious earning declarations.

    Good for them. Sa kakahila nila sa current admin, nauungkat pa tuloy yung mga issue na walang involvement ang government but from their own business dealings like this one.

  5. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Komurin View Post
    It's more of magnifying figures so as to sound na kaya mabili kase maraming manonoos because the movie is very much worth the money.

    Turns out, because of this unpaid amount, na dapat ay barya lang since they've always earned like half a billion for every Star Cinema romcom, na hindi nila masettle, people will realize na pantawag interes lang talaga yang mga earnings na ibinabalita nila sa mga pelikula nila, which will furthermore pull down their already dubious earning declarations.

    Good for them. Sa kakahila nila sa current admin, nauungkat pa tuloy yung mga issue na walang involvement ang government but from their own business dealings like this one.
    yup, kaya lalo tuloy lalong magdududa mga tao kung totoo kinikita nila sa movies para mapabango lang sila sa stock market:Lol:

    nakakahiya sa laki dapat ng kinikita ng Lopez eh 690M hindi pa kaya bayaran

  6. #246
    Inquirer owners’ unpaid rentals on govt’s ‘Mile Long’ prime property: P2B
    BY RIGOBERTO D. TIGLAO ON APRIL 21, 2017


    Including Dunkin’ Donuts P1.5B, that’s P3B
    RENT on the state-owned prime Makati property called the Creekside/Mile Long complex which the Rufino/Prieto family, the main owners of the Philippine Daily Inquirer (PDI), owe government—but to this day have not paid—would total a mammoth P1.8 billion, computed up to May this year, according to a government suit filed in 2009.

    (The PDI’s main, controlling owners are the Rufino/Prieto family with 75 percent. The next biggest shareholder, with 25 percent, is a firm set up using the pension fund of PLDT, which Indonesian magnate Anthoni Salim controls.)

    If government’s claims are valid, and its figures accurate, the Rufino/Prietos’ liabilities through their firm Sunvar Realty and Development Corp. would be this P1.8 billion, plus the P1.5 billion alleged tax evasion by another firm they own, Dunkin’ Donuts. That would total nearly P3 billion, putting them in the league of Chinese-Filipino tycoons notorious for being tax evaders.

    No wonder President Duterte himself angrily said in a recent speech that he will investigate the case, which was reported to him as having been a “sweetheart deal” when it was leased by a state firm to the Rufino/Prietos’ firm Sunvar Realty Development Corp.

    The P1.8 billion figure is based on what then President Arroyo’s Solicitor General Agnes Devanadera in 2009 through the metropolitan trial court asked Sunvar to pay, using figures determined by the government’s Privatization Management Office that had taken over the property. This consists of ₱630 million for the “illegal and unauthorized” use and occupation of the property from 2003 to March 31, 2009, and ₱10.4 million per month from April 2008 until the property was surrendered to government.


    TWO PRESIDENTS, TWO TREATMENTS: Could the Mile Long case (background) explain it?

    The property was originally leased to the Prieto firm in 1980 and 1983, allegedly at a scandalously low rental by the Technology Resource Center Foundation, controlled at the time by Imelda Marcos. The lease expired in 2002, although the Prietos continued to control the property as if nothing happened, and refused to vacate it.

    If you think that P1.8 billion figure is unbelievably huge, consider the following. The Rufino/Prieto firm continued to control the 29,000-square meter prime commercial property in Makati (between Amorsolo and Chino Roces Avenue, valued now at about P6 billion) and collected rentals from the over 400 stores there for 14 years, after its lease expired in 2002. That P1.8 billion amount translates to a measly rent of P360 per square meter per month government is asking Sunvar to pay—a give-away price in a prime area where rents are at least P50,000 per sq. m. per month.

    Country of oligarchs
    Can you imagine anywhere else in the world where a rich family manages to control a government-owned urban prime property, and sublease it to businesses, even if its lease had ended 14 years ago? What a country ruled by oligarchs! Or perhaps as I pointed out in my previous column: such is the power of media in the Philippines.

    For reasons unexplained or perhaps expected, the case dragged on that government asked the Supreme Court for help, which issued a decision in June 2012 that practically said the Rufino/Prieto firm should pay ASAP what it owned the state, since it didn’t even challenge the “factual issues” of the case:

    “The Court notes that respondent Sunvar has continued to occupy the subject property since the expiration of its sublease on 31 December 2002. The factual issue of whether respondent has paid rentals to petitioners from the expiration of the sublease to the present was never raised or sufficiently argued before this Court. Nevertheless, it has not escaped the Court’s attention that almost a decade has passed without any resolution of this controversy regarding respondent’s possession of the subject property…

    The Court emphasizes the duty of the lower court to speedily resolve this matter once and for all, especially since this case involves a prime property of the government located in the country’s business district and the various opportunities for petitioners to gain public revenues from the property.”

    Only in the Philippines: Even with the order of the Supreme Court, it still look three years for the lower court to issue a decision. Metropolitan Trial Court Judge Barbara Aleli Briones in July 2015 ordered the Rufino/Prieto firm to pay up, although she reduced the amount to P555 million, 30 percent of the P1.8 billion government asked.

    Sunvar would certainly go bankrupt if it is asked to pay just that P0.6 billion, as its assets amount to only P400 million.

    In a country where there is a rule of law, and perhaps where even the most powerful media firm is treated just like any other firm, the Rufino/Prieto firm would have paid up immediately, and the story would have ended.

    Next court levels
    But not in the Philippines. The Rufino/Prieto firm filed several cases in the next levels of the court system, all of which did not question the facts of the case but merely raised such obscure technicalities as the metropolitan court’s jurisdiction and the need to consolidate all cases—which the company itself filed.

    The orders last year up to March 2017 of the judges involved—Makati Regional Trial Court Branch 141 Maryann Corpus-Manalac and MRTC Branch 59 Judge Winlove Dumayas—have in effect allowed the Rufino/Prietos, to maintain the status quo—to control the property, collect rents from businesses there, and ignore government’s decade-long effort to collect P550 million to P1.8 billion from this billionaire clan.

    Isn’t it uncanny that the efforts to reclaim the Creekside/Mile Long property started during the watch of President Macapagal-Arroyo, whom the PDI demonized, were practically suspended during the entire term of President Aquino, whom the paper unabashedly idolized and supported? And that the first real court decision on the matter was in July 2015, when Aquino just had a year to go?

    Guess who really gets to appoint judges to higher level, even up to the Supreme Court? Such is the sad state of our institutions.

    It would be so tragic if after fourteen long years, government because of sheer incompetence fails to recover a prime property and to get its rent from one of the richest clans in the country have managed not to pay.

    What would the hundreds of thousands of urban poor squatters in the metropolis say when riot police try to eject them? “Why us poor, not the rich squatting on prime government land?”

    http://www.manilatimes.net/inquirer-...ty-p2b/323229/

  7. #247

  8. #248
    Member IKARROS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    sapuropurokanbukid
    Mayroon din issue ang mga Lopez sa utang nila sa DBP na inabswelto raw ng ABN0y.

    Boycott ABiaS-CBN.

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
    Boycott Dunkin Donuts!
    mas masarap pa J.CO

  10. #250
    HR00415

    the shift of ABS-CBN to telecommunications is violative of its franchise under Section 1 of Republic Act 7966 issued for only broadcasting. and if it really ventured to telecommunications even sharing scheme, ABS-CBN Convergence Inc. should apply for its own legislative franchise.


  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by pexmode View Post
    HR00415

    the shift of ABS-CBN to telecommunications is violative of its franchise under Section 1 of Republic Act 7966 issued for only broadcasting. and if it really ventured to telecommunications even sharing scheme, ABS-CBN Convergence Inc. should apply for its own legislative franchise.


    galing

  12. #252
    ^^ anong nangyari sa congressional inquiry na iyan?

  13. #253
    ABS-CBN forays into telco business
    By: Paolo G. Montecillo - @inquirerdotnetPhilippine Daily Inquirer / 02:05 PM May 28, 2013

    MANILA, Philippines–Media giant ABS-CBN Corp. plans to launch its own telco brand that aims to give subscribers access to exclusive content on mobile devices, as part of plans to reach audiences that are slowly changing their viewing habits.
    On Tuesday, ABS-CBN said its new “ABS-CBN Mobile” telecom brand, made possible through a network-sharing deal with Globe Telecom, would be launched before the year ends.
    “This is effectively a new player in the telco industry,” ABS-CBN Corp. chair Eugenio Lopez III told reporters at a press conference. “(ABS-CBN Mobile) will just be like Smart (Communications) and Globe. Subscribers won’t even notice that it’s a deal with Globe,” he said.
    ADVERTISEMENT
    Lopez was mum on the exact details of the commercial arrangements between the two firms, but he said ABS-CBN would be “buying capacity” from Globe. The amount the media firm pays the telco would depend on how much bandwidth is used.
    “This is the natural evolution of the (media) industry. It’s what we think our consumers want,” Lopez said.
    Once it’s launched, the ABS-CBN Mobile brand will have its own prepaid and post-paid services. The company will also bundle smartphones, Internet dongles, and tablet computers to its post-paid offers. Carlo Katigbak, head of ABS-CBN Mobile’s operator ABS-CBN Convergence, said rates for call, text, and data services would be at par with industry averages.
    “ABS-CBN Mobile will be a sizeable player in the telco market,” Katigbak said. He said the ABS-CBN Convergence would spend about P2 billion to P3 billion over the next two years to build up its telco business. The deal with Globe is good for five years, which can be renewed at the end of the contract.
    The Lopez family is no stranger to the telecom business. It currently owns Bayan Telecommmunications Inc. (Bayantel), which has its own nationwide phone network but is still a much smaller rival to major players like Globe and Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co (PLDT).
    Ayala-led Globe also recently announced plans to acquire Bayantel from the Lopez group.
    ABS-CBN Mobile is expected to help the media conglomerate compete with PLDT, which is owned by the same group that runs Associated Broadcasting Corp. (ABC), the operator of TV5.
    Lopez said the company was not concerned about alienating other mobile phone users by making ABS-CBN’s mobile content exclusive to the firm’s phone subscribers. “(PLDT) has TV5… it’s very hard to be in the middle of both networks,” Lopez said.
    ADVERTISEMENT
    He said the partnership with Globe—which is the first of its kind in the Philippines—would give ABS-CBN an important foothold in the mobile media sector. He said this would be important once digital TV services are launched by local media networks.
    Users with digital TV-enabled devices will be able to receive free TV signals on their smartphones or tablets.

    http://business.inquirer.net/124117/...telco-business

  14. #254
    Member IKARROS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    sapuropurokanbukid
    Quote Originally Posted by cinelamour View Post
    ABS-CBN forays into telco business
    By: Paolo G. Montecillo - @inquirerdotnetPhilippine Daily Inquirer / 02:05 PM May 28, 2013

    MANILA, Philippines–Media giant ABS-CBN Corp. plans to launch its own telco brand that aims to give subscribers access to exclusive content on mobile devices, as part of plans to reach audiences that are slowly changing their viewing habits.
    On Tuesday, ABS-CBN said its new “ABS-CBN Mobile” telecom brand, made possible through a network-sharing deal with Globe Telecom, would be launched before the year ends.
    “This is effectively a new player in the telco industry,” ABS-CBN Corp. chair Eugenio Lopez III told reporters at a press conference. “(ABS-CBN Mobile) will just be like Smart (Communications) and Globe. Subscribers won’t even notice that it’s a deal with Globe,” he said.
    ADVERTISEMENT
    Lopez was mum on the exact details of the commercial arrangements between the two firms, but he said ABS-CBN would be “buying capacity” from Globe. The amount the media firm pays the telco would depend on how much bandwidth is used.
    “This is the natural evolution of the (media) industry. It’s what we think our consumers want,” Lopez said.
    Once it’s launched, the ABS-CBN Mobile brand will have its own prepaid and post-paid services. The company will also bundle smartphones, Internet dongles, and tablet computers to its post-paid offers. Carlo Katigbak, head of ABS-CBN Mobile’s operator ABS-CBN Convergence, said rates for call, text, and data services would be at par with industry averages.
    “ABS-CBN Mobile will be a sizeable player in the telco market,” Katigbak said. He said the ABS-CBN Convergence would spend about P2 billion to P3 billion over the next two years to build up its telco business. The deal with Globe is good for five years, which can be renewed at the end of the contract.
    The Lopez family is no stranger to the telecom business. It currently owns Bayan Telecommmunications Inc. (Bayantel), which has its own nationwide phone network but is still a much smaller rival to major players like Globe and Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co (PLDT).
    Ayala-led Globe also recently announced plans to acquire Bayantel from the Lopez group.
    ABS-CBN Mobile is expected to help the media conglomerate compete with PLDT, which is owned by the same group that runs Associated Broadcasting Corp. (ABC), the operator of TV5.
    Lopez said the company was not concerned about alienating other mobile phone users by making ABS-CBN’s mobile content exclusive to the firm’s phone subscribers. “(PLDT) has TV5… it’s very hard to be in the middle of both networks,” Lopez said.
    ADVERTISEMENT
    He said the partnership with Globe—which is the first of its kind in the Philippines—would give ABS-CBN an important foothold in the mobile media sector. He said this would be important once digital TV services are launched by local media networks.
    Users with digital TV-enabled devices will be able to receive free TV signals on their smartphones or tablets.

    http://business.inquirer.net/124117/...telco-business
    Huwag i patronize yan kasi gogoyohin na naman tayo ng Dilawan Company na yan.

Page 13 of 13 First ... 3 12 13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •