Star Cinema: LOVE YOU to the STARS and BACK (JOSHLIA) - Page 3 | Showbiz - Movies | PinoyExchange

Page 3 of 4 First ... 2 3 4 Last
    parang babagay nga kay Julia ang song dahil sa pagkahumaling sa alien

The song demonstrates a deep-seated admiration for not only the work of Van Gogh, but also for the man himself. The song includes references to his landscape works, in lines such as "sketch the trees and the daffodils" and "morning fields of amber grain" which describe the amber wheat that features in several paintings. There are also several lines that may allude to Van Gogh's self-portraits.[citation needed] There is also a single line describing Van Gogh's most famous set of works, Sunflowers: "flaming flowers that brightly blaze" draws on the luminous orange and yellow colours of the painting and creates powerful images of the sun, flaming and blazing, being contained within the flowers and the painting.[citation needed]

In the first two choruses McLean pays tribute to Van Gogh by reflecting on his lack of recognition: "They would not listen / they did not know how / perhaps they'll listen now."[citation needed] In the final chorus, McLean says "They would not listen / they're not listening still / perhaps they never will." This alludes to Van Gogh not being recognised as an artist until after his death.[citation needed] The lyrics suggest that Van Gogh was trying to "set [people] free" with the message in his work. McLean feels that this message was made clear to him: "And now I understand what you tried to say to me," he sings.[citation needed]

There are also references to Van Gogh's sanity and his suicide. Throughout his life, Van Gogh was plagued with mental disorders, particularly depression. He "suffered for [his] sanity" and eventually "took [his] life as lovers often do."

Van Gogh was a hypergraph and the lyrics "Now I understand, What you tried to say to me, and how you suffered for your sanity, and how you tried to set them free, they would not listen, they did not know how, perhaps they'll listen now" and "They would not listen, they're not listening still, perhaps they never will" may be an acknowledgement of Van Gogh's writing.[citation needed]

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Marseus View Post
    Okay rin yung Vincent ni Don McLean pero di naman theme song parang part lang ng OST. Gamitin yung original voice maganda sa mga moments na sobrang senti.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Marseus View Post
    Starry, starry night
    Paint your pallet blue and grey
    Look out on a summer's day with eyes that know the darkness in my soul

Shadows on the hills
    Sketch the trees and the daffodils
    Catch the breeze and the winter chills in colors on the snowy, linen land

Now I understand what you tried to say to me
    And how you suffered for your sanity, and how you tried to set them free
    They would not listen - they did not know how

Perhaps they'll listen now

Starry, starry night
    Flaming flowers that brightly blaze
    Swirling clouds in violet haze reflect in Vincent's eyes of china blue

Colors changing hue
    Morning fields of amber grain
    Weathered faces lined in pain are soothed beneath the artist's loving hand

Now I understand what you tried to say to me
    They would not listen - they did not know how
    Perhaps they'll listen now

For they could not love you - but still your love was true
    And, when no hope was left inside on that starry, starry night, you took your life as lovers often do
    But I could have told you, Vincent, this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you

Starry, starry night
    Portraits hung in empty halls
    Frameless heads on nameless walls with eyes that watch the world and can't forget

Like the strangers that you've met
    The ragged men in ragged clothes
    The silver thorn, a bloody rose - lie crushed and broken on the virgin snow

Now I think I know what you tried to say to me
    They would not listen - they're not listening still
    Perhaps they never will
    Quote Originally Posted by Pork Barbecue View Post
    ok rin tong Vincent coz weird ang role nina Joshua & Julia kasing weird ng artist na si Vincent Van Gogh

Hello 👋
    Sino sino mga kasama ng JL sa movie?
    Ang ganda ng tittle..

Quote Originally Posted by najblueraven View Post
    Hello 
    Sino sino mga kasama ng JL sa movie?
    Ang ganda ng tittle..
    wala pang na-reveal na other casts atm

Ang haba ng title..

Pwede "To the Stars and Back" nalang?
    Last edited by kyupayb; 3 days ago at 05:13 AM.

Page 3 of 4 First ... 2 3 4 Last