Originally posted by arnivorous
Interview Questions and Ways to Answer Them
1) Tell me about yourself.
Answer this by stating your educational attainment, professional achievements and goals as well as your qualifications for the job. No beating around the bush but just straight to the point.
2) Why do you want to work here? What about our company interests you?
Show your enthusiasm and interest about the company. Talk about how your professional skills would benefit the company.
3) Why did you leave your last job?
Never ever say anything bad about your past job or your past employer. The best way to answer this is to state any one of the following reasons, provided they are true to your situation:
- The company wanted to me to relocate.
- It was just a temporary job.
- There was no possibility of advancement.
- I wanted a job better suited to my skills.
4) What are your best skills?
Give specific examples of what you can do best via real situations which happened to you before.
5) What is your major weakness?
One possible answer without really admitting your weakness is this: "I often worry much over my work. Sometimes I work late to make sure the job is well done."
6) What are your hobbies? Do you play sports?
If you said playing chess, that would be a point toward your analytical skills
If you said reading, music, painting, that would be for your creativity
If you mentioned any individual sports like swimming or running, that shows determination and stamina
If you're into group sports like basketball, that shows that you can be a team player
7) What salary are you expecting?
This is one of most touchy subjects for young guns. One of the best ways to answer this is ask a question instead of answering it. Sample answer: "I don't know. What are you planning on paying the best candidate?"
8) What have I forgotten to ask?
This is your chance to summarize your good characters and attributes and how they may benefit the company.
I hope these tips help. They helped me when I was looking for a job in the US.
What do you think abcxyz