PEx Highlights

PROMO: If I Stay

Join the If I Stay promo and win advance screening tickets!

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: What If

What If could very well be the best romantic comedy of this generation.

read more

PHOTOS: Ateneo Wins in the Clutch Again

Kiefer Ravena made another clutch shot at the dying minutes of the game, cementing an Ateneo win over the UE Red Warriors, 78-73.

read more

UAAP Basketball 2nd Round Schedule

Planning to catch a game before the season ends? Check out the 2nd round schedule for UAAP basketball!

read more

Top Celebrity Loveteams!

No surprises! They still rule the loveteam forum, but there's no space for complacency, because another couple might just steal their slot.

read more

FEATURE: The 1986 FIBA World Championship

How would the 1986 Philippine national team have fared had it gone to Spain in the 1986 FIBA World Championship?

read more

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Question Which is best? SKYCABLE, HOMECABLE, DESTINY CABLE, SUNCABLE, or DREAM

For u, which cable company in the Philippines is the best. SKYCABLE, HOMECABLE, DESTINY CABLE, SUNCABLE, or DREAM

there's one cable company that you missed and it's worth mentioning. the Paranaque-Las Pinas-Muntinlupa-Bacoor Cable TV company.

Administrator

I've had SkyCable, then switched to destiny, then moved to Paranaque where I had Sun Cable then now recently switched to Paranaque Cable. I must say that my cable provider now has the best channels and decent service.

Peace.

Grabe! My family has had SKYCABLE since cable tv came in ... and I tell you ... it's soooooo BAD. Wala kang mapanood, all the channels are gone na. I have to spend nights watching Indian movie musicals ... and I tell you, they make those Jolina movies look good na, eh.

ain't a member

Actually ako baliktad, I would rather stomach watching those Indian musicals then watch a Judai or Jolina movie. hehehe Masmaganda naman yung mga Bombay na yun compared sa 2 yun no.... hehehe

Originally posted by angelsbreath

Grabe! My family has had SKYCABLE since cable tv came in ... and I tell you ... it's soooooo BAD. Wala kang mapanood, all the channels are gone na. I have to spend nights watching Indian movie musicals ... and I tell you, they make those Jolina movies look good na, eh.

Thumbs up Las pinas-Paranaque-Muntinlupa-Bacoor Cable TV

- LAS PIñAS Cable.

- P350/month and additional P50/extension

- Eto yung ibang channels ng LP cable:
    - Local Channels
    - Star Channels (Star mandarin, Star movies, Star sports, VIVA etc.)
    - ESPN
    - HBO
    - Hallmark
    - AXN
    - CNN
    - FOX news
    - BBC
    - Discovery
    - National Geographic
    - Nickleodeon
    - Solar
    - BS 1 (Na nagpapalabas ng NBA games at madalas ay iba sa NBA game na pinalabas ng ESPN nung araw ding yon. At saka nagpapalabas din sila ng ibang sports tulad ng Major league, NFL, soccer, NHL etc. hindi nga lang live maliban na lang pag finals na.)
    - BS2
    - WOWOW
    - CNTV
    - RCTI (Na nagpapalabas ng WWF tuwing friday simula alas 10p.m.-12p.m.)
    - Mtv (Asia, Philippines, at India)
    - Ch. V
    - Cartoon Network
    - Disney Channel
    - NHK
    - Arirang
    - Tech_Tv
    - Now
    - CCTV/ Hollywood Channel (palitan nga lang every other day)
    - Fashion Tv
    - Lakbay

Ano pa ba?

Drunken Little Lecher! Bhodi Li's Avatar

I been stuck at HOME ever since i got cable.
    I can't say which is the best cable company but its definitely not SKY-HOME!
    [Start Rant]
    They seem to think they can win back subscribers by giving away inane prizes to their " loyal" subscribers they don't seem to realize that he only reason we're "loyal" is because there's no other cable service in our area. Fine! Give away prizes instead of quality programming. Im sure some peopel would still appreciate it but KEEP YOUR DAMN PROMOS OFF MY SET!!!!! I DONT KNOW HOW MANY TIMES IVE MISSED AN IMPORTANT PART OF A SHOW OR A NEWS BROADCAST BECAUSE THAT STUPID ARAW-ARAW PASKO AD THEY INSIST ON RUNNING ON THE TIME THAT I PAY FOR![End Rant}

sorry

well, we already switched to destiny and i can say that maganda naman yung service nila sa mga clients.

Nag-inquire kame sa Paranaque Cable, kaso ala pa raw silang connection sa place namin...dismaya lang ako... ganda kasi ng services nila...

Sky Cable kame...and nahihirapan akong i-give up ang VIdOk at ANC Sana meron sila sa ibang channels...pati CinemaOne...sana meron ang Pque or Destiny...

Soul Slayer

I've been a Home Cable subscriber in Quezon City for the past five years. However, when the Sky-Home merger came in and when they made the announcement of removing the Star Network channels in their line-up, I considered switching to Destiny. Destiny, in a wise (some may call "opportunistic") move, began aggressively marketing their cable service in the QC area last December. I was lucky enough to catch up with their representative and switched to Destiny then. So far, so good. Destiny Cable's signal seems to be much clearer, and their rates are cheaper too. (P520 vs. P550 for Sky-Home) Plus, the Star Chanels are there!

Kami naman, DREAM although strictly speaking, it's not cable since it uses satellites. Yun nga lang, walang HBO, Cinemax, Discovery Channel and Lifestyle Network. Wala ring mapanood. Mabuti nalang yun kesa sa wala coz no cable company can hook us. Malayo kasi bahay namin eh It's far more expensive too because it charges 750 a month. Plus, the moment you forgot to load (as in parang pre-paid card) on the last day, putol na ang connection mo. Haaaaay.....

destiny is the best.

SAYANG NGA LANG AT WALANG DESTINY DITO SA PROBINSYA... KAYA WALA PA KAMING STAR AT ESPN!!!!!!!

LECHON = LYDIA'S (TM)

Thumbs up

ano ba # nung Paranaque Cable or something...

ain't a member

Ano kinaganda ng DREAM? Anong channels ba meron dun? Like you can recieve yung mga American channels, etc?

Originally posted by PennyLane
    Kami naman, DREAM although strictly speaking, it's not cable since it uses satellites. Yun nga lang, walang HBO, Cinemax, Discovery Channel and Lifestyle Network. Wala ring mapanood. Mabuti nalang yun kesa sa wala coz no cable company can hook us. Malayo kasi bahay namin eh It's far more expensive too because it charges 750 a month. Plus, the moment you forgot to load (as in parang pre-paid card) on the last day, putol na ang connection mo. Haaaaay.....

DREAM broadcasting is just like your ordinary cable provider, only, it offers superior audio and video (laser like, so to speak). I have DREAM and SkyCable (and eventually, Parañaque Cable) hooked up in one TV, and I can say that DREAM is indeed a cut above the rest in terms of audio/video quality.

I say DREAM is like the others because it offers relatively the same cable channels, but worse!. Imagine, no HBO, no Cinemax, no Discovery! At P750 a month, it's practically a scam!

If it's any consolation, DREAM has all the STAR channels, including Viva Cinema. It also has channels that can't be found in other providers, like Golf Channel, Pillpino Klasik (heaven for B&W Sapaguita Pictures fans), and SOHO adult channel (heaven for George Estregan fans). Plus it has interactive games (with your remote as your controller).

DREAM has been promising its subscribers that it will eventually get the license to air HBO, etc., and that should it fail to provide such, it will replace HBO with Showtime, an HBO competitor in the US. Until then, it is recommended, nay, strongly advised, NOT to get this provider.

PEACE

up up up up for this thread ano pa ba ang cable provider sa Malate area na maganda ang service wala na ksi BTV in GLOBAL DESTINY

kung yung btv habol mo, sa sky cable sa plan 280 meron na sya. meron ding NBA Premium SD ewan ko lang kung sang package yun. tska NBA HD.

sky cable kasi daming channels kaso nga lang ang mahal

Fate Harlaown's husband AbulugAdventure's Avatar
    Tatanungin ko rin yung kaparehong tanong: Sky? Destiny? o Cablelink?

Certified Chinoy Ako

Arrow

Different strokes for different folks. If you'll ask me, there's NO MORE COMPETITION among the major cable TV providers. To each cable network its own turf, so to speak. If you love English and Tagalog shows more, Sky is for you. If you are an Asian channel fanatic like me, then Global Destiny is it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast