Dallas Mavericks 2016-2017 Official Thread | NBA | PinoyExchange

X

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Dallas Mavericks 2016-2017 Official Thread

The Mavs overachieved this year as most critics picked Utah, Minnesota & Phoenix ahead of them to make the playoffs and thanks to Houston's demise & Memphis` bad luck due to injuries they were able to get the 6th seed, even with an inferior record from last year. But this lineup needs a lot of overhauling. OKC's athleticism was just too much. Where do we start?

Dirk - He's still the best player despite his age so whether Dallas rebuild or not, signing him to another year should be a priority.

Parsons & Matthews - Their 2 most expensive players failed to deliver. Both were inconsistent, even when healthy. Their stocks certainly declined so I doubt if there's any team willing to absorb their contracts. If only we can sign a superstar in place of these 2.

Deron Williams - there were flashes of brilliance but too injury prone. Maybe we need a younger PG.

Barea, Felton, Harris - Barea & Felton certainly carried the Mavs in some of the games so I don't mind them coming back but only as back ups. I love Harris but sadly his days as a Mav is numbered.

Zaza - Sadly didn't lived up to his early promise, maybe coz of RC's weird rotations. Mejri could replace him unless we get a better centre (Whiteside?)

David Lee - also injury prone but he's not expensive & still serviceable. Maybe useful in trade scenarios.

Anderson, Powell, Mejri - we need to keep these 3 as they are our only athletic guys.

McGee - didn't do anything of significance.

^ Parsons just jumped ship to chase the money trail and get as far away from GMMCuban.

another failed off season.

MBT recovered quickly from those free agency snubs by getting probably the most talented center in franchise history (albeit with a history of injuries) in Bogut, a largely disappointing but promising defensive swingman in Barnes, a sweet-shooting bargain two-guard in Curry, and re-signing D-Will. They drafted a pretty good player too in AJ Hammons, who reminds me a lot of Cousins.

tsk tsk ...... HBarnes was the last player used for the Team US.A exhibition game versus Argentina. atleast it is better than being benched the whole game.

come on sign Jason Thompson and Gerald Green to form the Dallas Warriors

may ibubuga pa itong si HBarnes. yun nga lang loser team.

CoachRCarlisle should formula plays between WMatthews and HBarnes.

To be fair, Harrison Barnes has been impressive this RS. Ibang iba from preseason where he looked timid and uncoordinated. He has brass balls when shooting, especially taking the ball down the court and hitting ice cold pull up jumpers. Kahit isolation, he feels very comfortable creating his own shot whether face up or in the post. That's on top of the already excellent defense he has.

So, other than him and Justin Anderson, wala na talaga good thing to talk about the Mavs. They don't have a legit shot at making the playoffs and even if they did, I doubt they'd win a game or two. They can't rebuild either because Dirk doesn't want to go through that.

sorry loss. they just got nipped by the REFs. dapat nag-OT.

he he ..... WMatthews just exploded leaving HBarnes awed.

I still believe this team is one dynamic ball handler away from being a playoff contender. This team has upside. The longer the team plays with each other, the better we can get in offense and defense. Plus, the better improved our players will be.

From our first 3 games, it's obvious that our main problem this year will be our offense. We don't have much penetration. Ironically, this team would love to have Monta Ellis.

Still excited for the Mavs this year. Still believe we can make the Playoffs. Rockets won't really win much IMO. We'll still get better and the next time we face those turds we will definitely beat them.

Harrison Barnes is freaking awesome. I hope he doesn't turn into an OJ Mayo, though.

Dorian Finney-Smith doesn't have much upside but his defense and hustle is much needed.

Seth Curry starting to heat up.

sux to be a mavs fan these days. go cowboys

Quote Originally Posted by StJames View Post
    sux to be a mavs fan these days. go cowboys
    Okay lang basta we get the no. 1 pick

Tapos trade Bogut na din for Celtics' Brooklyn pick

Sa akin okay lang kahit hindi tayo maka number 1 pick. Basta Top 5 sana I think the draft is deep enough to get talent at about 5-8 pick.

I'm also hoping our young players will continue to develop. Justin Anderson is being overshadowed by DFS right now but sana magising na tong si JA at magkaron na din sya ng improvement. Parang puro sya motor kulang sa patience.

Sa akin okay lang kahit hindi tayo maka number 1 pick. Basta Top 5 sana I think the draft is deep enough to get talent at about 5-8 pick.
    Top heavy masyado yung draft in terms of potential franchise players. After the first 2-4 picks (Fultz, Jackson, Ball and maybe Dennis), wala na masyado game changers dun and you're better off trading down.

Justin Anderson has fallen off the face of the earth, ditto with Powell. Buti na lang talaga medyo bata bata pa si Barnes and he's doing well.

how ironic if Lonzo Ball ends up with the Mavs, 23 years after Jason Kidd

from one injury prone center to another injury prone center. DAL trade ABogut for NNoel.

looks like the Mavericks wants to run next season that is why they picks a younger and faster center.

WTF ....... GMMCuban just waived his biggest crush, DWilliam.

haha

Recently i'm watching NBA on a software named best free video downloader, fantastic. You can never imagine i convert it into 60fps with 1080p resolution, just like play video games on xbox.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last