Any tips for choosing the right condominium? | Home and Garden | PinoyExchange
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... Last

Any tips for choosing the right condominium?

Hello pexers! I'm just a guy trying to move out from my mother's home. And having a condominium is my top choice. I just don't know what to consider because this is just my first time having one and I don't know the language of real estate LOL. So please help me out guys.

I'm going to be living along by the way.

1.) budget - how much ang kaya mong bilhin

a typical small condo of about 40 sqm costs about 5 to 5.5 million nowadays.

2.) location

saan ba ang work mo. and that should determine where you condo should be

3.) know about hidden costs associated with owning a condo.

association dues/ monthly dues and that you only own a condo for 50 years.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerhandBop View Post

2.) location

budget can be workout for me, although, isn't 5-5.5M is a little steep? I live in q.c. but my work is in ortigas. so any condominium around oritgas will do. How will I know abouth the hidden costs? Di i have to ask them or ask for a breakdown of the bills that I going to have?

I appreciate your reply!

thank you for your response!

yung association/ monthly dues., just go to the building admin's office and ask how much association dues are.

5 to 5.5M is a little steep na nga. pero yan ang ongoing rates for new condos e.

try mo maghanap sa second hand... pero... know the age of the unit/ building dahil it is only good for 50 years. if you can find an older unit for cheap kahit pangit ang loob, important is yung windows and location lang. saka overall maintenance nung building.

everything inside, you can remodel and fix to your liking.

yung association/ monthly dues., just go to the building admin's office and ask how much association dues are.

5 to 5.5M is a little steep na nga. pero yan ang ongoing rates for new condos e.

try mo maghanap sa second hand... pero... know the age of the unit/ building dahil it is only good for 50 years. if you can find an older unit for cheap kahit pangit ang loob, important is yung windows and location lang. saka overall maintenance nung building.

everything inside, you can remodel and fix to your liking.
    Thank you! You're really helpful.

2.) location

Very informative! Thanks!

Location talaga ang problem eh. I mean, madami condo bldg but the RIGHT condo ang hinahanap ng isang katulad ko.

I agree na one of the issues is really budget. Make sure na you know all the perks when buying a condo as well and also the not so perks hehe

If owning a pre-owned unit does not bother you, try searching for foreclosed condo units. Visit various banks' websites if they have properties for sale. Usually "as is where is" yan. So kung maraming sira yung unit, ikaw pa magpapagawa.

Also, check the condo's existing association dues per month, insurance charges (usually quarterly payment), common areas' real property tax (usually quarterly payment) as well as your unit's real property tax (annual or quarterly payment). Yung sa unit's real property tax may additional pa yang "special education fund" na halos kasing-laki ng tax mismo lalo na sa Makati and Pasig area.

Tsaka may transfer title pa yan. May capital gains tax (baka bank na magbayad nito, not sure), documentary stamps, etc.

Gusto mo ba sa high-density condo like Cityland and SMDC or low-density like Alveo, Rockwell, Ayala Premier? Forelosed properties are usually cheaper but make sure unit is maintained well by previous owner.

Ako *** pinili ko *** hindi high rise unlike sa smdc na nagtataasan. Takot ako sa lindol at mga emergency. Pakiramdam ko hindi healthy ang manirahan sa isang condi building na napakaraming tenants. I bought one, hinuhulugan pa lang sa pasig. *** ayala steps. 2nd floor pinili ko. Mas mura at mas madaling akyatin **** di gamit ng lift. Saka kampante ako dahil ayala land un. Makakatulong sila kung need mo paupahan sila mag kolekta ng renta kung wala ka sa pilipinas.. refer kita. Para may discuento ka

you should also consider buying a parking slot if may car ka or kung kahit may balak pa lang mgka car. minsan may mga banks na hindi pumapayag mag loan ka kung parking slot lang, usually unit + parking or unit lang talaga.

best time to buy is during pre-selling, mura pa kasi di pa nakatayo. and makakapili ka kung saang floor mo gusto.

medyo mataas nga ang 5 million for a 40 sqm unit. maybe bgc/makati area ito.
    madami dyan sa paligid mga 3-3.5 million, about 30-36 sqm usually. and additional 600k-800k for a parking.

be sure also na aware ka sa mga payment deadlines mo. strict mag penalty ang mga big time developers. usually after nung DP, 1 month lang palugid mo para asikasuhin ang loan sa bank.

preselling is not a good time to buy. you're basically throwing your money into a unit that may or may not come.

always buy rfq.

you get to see what you're buying.

hindi naman to barya barya lang na pwede mong bilhin without first seeing ano.

I avoid condo units where entering it I'm immediately infront of the dining table.
    Entrance should be a foyer leading to the living room. But, I guess, condo builders try to squeeze as much units in a limited space.

Fan sign

I think yung malapit sa mall,hospital,church,and supermarket,para di hassle lahat malapit.

Hi sam, condo living is expensive but very safe. Because you are surrounded by security guard. With housekeepers and technical team that will assist you. But you have to pay association dues monthly. Real property tax yearly for your unit and common area. Also the yearly insurance premium.

It is very wrong na up to 50 years lang ang condo. Pagdating po ng 50 years nagkakaroon po tayo ng retrofit na kung saan patitibayin natin natin ang structures ng condominium natin. In such a way tumaas pa lalo ang appraised value. Take note condominium is investment. For more info PM me at 0927 5068958 Jun of Jaf Realty. Brokers of DMCI, Federal land, ayala land, avida, smdc and san jose builders.

So you should ask your agent the assessment for the association dues. I refer the DMCI condo that gives you a cheapest rate but with highest quality.
    For more info PM me at 0927 5068958.

Hi this is Jun, if you work in ortigas I prefer you get dmci condo in Brio. Cheapest with high quality.
    PM me if you have a lot of question about condo living. The hidden cost and anything. Jun 0927 5068958.

Yes specially the RPT, insurance, and assoc dues.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... Last