NBA | NBA | PinoyExchange
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Opinion: Stephen Curry will be the next Michael Jordan

This is one of my series of threads that will make NBA arguments more interesting.

For me, Stephen Curry will be the next Michael Jordan in terms of being great. I'm not talking about win-loss records here. I'll just want to emphasize that Curry is unstoppable right now.

Remember, he is not noticed during his rookie years because of Monta Ellis era.

And one more thing, because of the pieces and talents form and the modified triangle offense imposed by Steve Kerr, it totally changes his identity.

I wish him the best.

As of the moment, no one in the league right now can stop him.

No one compares to MJ ---- nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by AussieBaller View Post
    No one compares to MJ ---- nuff said
    I know that.

But, Steph can make history of greatness like MJ did during 90's.

MJ revolutionized the game of basketball.
    He was the perfect basketball player.
    Someone who can score whenever he wants, cold blooded, someone who makes great impact on both ends of the floor, and is a strong leader.

Steph can become the template of a modern scorer,
    that is being able to score from any spot on the floor.
    Defensively, he will never be equal to MJ.

And one more thing, most of players right now are primarily concentrated on scoring not on defensive end.

(Therefore, Curry can easily deliver bunch of 3-point shots every game)

Only few players are really contributing sa defense now unlike noong panahon ni MJ na doon na-test ang strength niya para ma-overcome ang weakness niya sa physicality ng mga laro.

Hmmm....this is tricky....anyway you really can't compare them as to who plays better defense or who's the better scorer, because clearly they both have different styles. Plus, the game has evolved differently now compared to MJ's time.

If we'll talk about the impact on how they have changed/revolutionized the game then I'd say YES Steph is on-track to be in that level. He more so in my opinion has changed the game more than Kobe and Lebron because the last 2 have basically just repeated the MJ formula while Steph has his own formula right now.

In summary, I think it's possible that Steph can match MJ on the level of greatness it's just that he'll do it differently.

Wilt Chamberlain
    Bill Russell
    Bob Cousy
    Oscar Robertson
    Pete "Pistol Pete" Maravich
    Julius "Dr. J" Erving
    Kareem Abdul Jabbar
    Earvin "Magic" Johnson
    Larry Bird
    Charles Barkley
    Michael Jordan
    Dennis Rodman
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon
    Allen Iverson
    Jason Kidd
    Tim Duncan

These players, to name a few, revolutionized the game of basketball with their own style of basketball.

And among those on the list, MJ has been dubbed as the GOAT.

I don't think Curry can topple MJ.

Curry admits he is still a student of the game and is still improving as a basketball player. He may be the league's best player now, but it's still too early to tell if he can sustain his greatness.

But I think Stephen Curry, with his incredible shooting range and skills, deserves to be on the list. We haven't seen a player like Steph Curry who can shoot this much 3's consistently.

* I didn't include Shaq O'Neal, Lebron James and Kobe Bryant because of they haven't surpassed their predecessors namely Wilt, Magic & Jordan.

Thanks for posting in my thread.

Your opinions will serve as strength to the Pexers community.

In this coming days, I will post the new thread for the year 2016.

Have a nice day!

it is difficult to compare MJ with SCurry because of their playing style or position.

i believe the league is the reason for his exemplary season. the opposing teams does not have the right matchup against the GSW lineup which creates more opportunities for Curry.

Curry is the best player in the NBA but please stop comparing him or everyone else who becomes the best player to Jordan. It just gives the hardcore MJ fans another chance to further state what everyone already knows.

@wolverine, how did Iverson and Kidd revolutionize the game more than Kobe Bryant?

that is a problem with this league. every time a team charges into the championship finale, someone becomes popular like AIverson. what the fans does not know is the ECF bracket was weak during that time.

but i have to be honest about JKidd. he made a mark in the league by bringing improvements to ever team he joined except for the NYKnicks.

In terms of legacy maybe after 20yrs...
    Jordan >> Kobe = Lebron = Duncan > Curry

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy_Fernandez View Post
    In terms of legacy maybe after 20yrs...
    Jordan >> Kobe = Lebron = Duncan > Curry
    Is that a prediction? Hindi mo din masabi kung ilan pa mapapanalunan ni LeBron at Curry. Duncan may have his last 1 or 2 chances also.

Quote Originally Posted by deronwilliams08 View Post
    Is that a prediction? Hindi mo din masabi kung ilan pa mapapanalunan ni LeBron at Curry. Duncan may have his last 1 or 2 chances also.
    Sorry to the fans of Jordan but I think Curry is already more popular and is building a greater legacy than him. He is only 27 years old but he already broke the record of the legend larry bird. I'm not a fan of Curry pero nalampasan na niya talaga ang lahat siya na ang greatest of all time ngayon. He made the golden state warriors as the most dominant team ever. Here's a video to show you how historic Curry is.

do i make you horny, baby? cuch's Avatar
    what we talkin' about here? next mj in terms of what? basketball only? pop culture? coz mj is up there in not only in bball, but in pop culture, in business/fashion he helped build nike, got his own shoe and apparel line (jordan brand) what does curry have? couple of under armour kicks? (they good though,but still sales lagging behind jordans) he got 1 ring, currently unstoppable, been in the league a couple of years before blowing it up last year, suddenly e'rybody tawkin' how he the next mj? too early to hand him that title, too soon, we need to see something more.....

Quote Originally Posted by deronwilliams08 View Post
    Curry is the best player in the NBA but please stop comparing him or everyone else who becomes the best player to Jordan. It just gives the hardcore MJ fans another chance to further state what everyone already knows.

@wolverine, how did Iverson and Kidd revolutionize the game more than Kobe Bryant?
    Simple.
    We're talking about players that revolutionized the game.

AI was the prototype scoring point guard. He was unstoppable during his prime. He proved that small players can dominate a sport where height is an important factor. That for me is revolutionary.

JKidd, on the other hand, was a different player. He proved that a player can control a game without scoring too much. Most players dominate and win games with their scoring. JKidd did it without scoring heavily. He had the knack for making plays. Personally, I think JKidd has one of the highest BBIQ for a player. To me, that was revolutionary too.

Kobe Bryant, on the other hand, was unfortunate for having Michael Jordan as his predecessor. I mean, it's good that he had MJ as a template. His desire to win and his basketball skills can be rated as among the greatest... But no matter how great Kobe played, he was not able to top MJ's accomplishment as a shooting guard. It's hard to be a revolutionary player when you play the same position with the GOAT.

Mukhang malayo. Kung offense ang paguusapan ngayong 2016 NBA Season eh Jordanesque ang stats niya. Pero Jordan played good defense in his entire NBA Career. Current Curry is not even a better defender than 38 to 40 yrs.old MJ.

Saka 2 1/2 years pa lang siya na elite NBA player. si MJ buong NBA Career niya eh siya ang best player in the league.

nobody will be bigger than jordan in terms of appeal, popularity and overall impact to the game of basketball. fact! not lebron, not steph curry.

but curry will be one of the best ever to play this game. this guy is revolutionizing the game the same way MJ did.

As one pexer said his airness is a 2 way player. Offense and defense plus showmanship and countless game winning shots makes him the GOAT.

15 year pexer, break that! stingray1059's Avatar
    porket magaling next jordan agad??
    kaumay na yang next jordan topic na yan.. yung iba nga nag retire na walang ring or tumanda na lang.. ex: grant hill, vince carter.

wala na ba kayong tiwala kay lebron ngayon?

for me curry is curry.. double period..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last