for our BELOVED DOGS... a thread for dog lovers (thread #3) | Pets and Animals | PinoyExchange

X

Page 1 of 29 1 2 11 ... Last

for our BELOVED DOGS... a thread for dog lovers (thread #3)

for all the dog lovers out there...

here's our 3rd home...

WELCOME and ENJOY!

Link to:
    Thread #1 for our BELOVED DOGS... a thread for dog lovers
    Thread #2 for our BELOVED DOGS... a thread for dog lovers (thread #2)

Her case has worsen. Traydor talaga yung CD na yan. One moment, she seemed to be recovering, another moment she's getting worse. Last night (madaling araw actually), she was full of energy and I was hopeful that she'd get better so I was talking to her about going to the beach when she's OK. Then this morning, nakahiga na lang. I am thinking of letting her go para di na sya mahirapan and was telling her about it. But she stood up. She does that everytime. It's like she understands. She's fighting but her body is failing.

From the previous thread, http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/...1#post73519983

Quote Originally Posted by MoonStruck View Post
    Her case has worsen. Traydor talaga yung CD na yan. One moment, she seemed to be recovering, another moment she's getting worse. Last night (madaling araw actually), she was full of energy and I was hopeful that she'd get better so I was talking to her about going to the beach when she's OK. Then this morning, nakahiga na lang. I am thinking of letting her go para di na sya mahirapan and was telling her about it. But she stood up. She does that everytime. It's like she understands. She's fighting but her body is failing.

Sorry to hear about your dog. I totally understand what you mean. It's a really difficult situation but you have to think about what is the best course for her. Yung dog ko... kahit na gumegewang na sa paglakad and walang humpay ang tremors, pipilitin pa den lumakad wag lang mag-cr sa hinihigaan nya. Malakas pa ang will kaso umabot na sa point na lagi na sya umuungol. Parang di na sya natutulog or di makatulog kahit pinainom na namin ng pampatulog. In the end, we decided to let him rest na.

There is still the slightest chance she would recover. I hope she does.

Quote Originally Posted by minabey View Post
    Sorry to hear about your dog. I totally understand what you mean. It's a really difficult situation but you have to think about what is the best course for her. Yung dog ko... kahit na gumegewang na sa paglakad and walang humpay ang tremors, pipilitin pa den lumakad wag lang mag-cr sa hinihigaan nya. Malakas pa ang will kaso umabot na sa point na lagi na sya umuungol. Parang di na sya natutulog or di makatulog kahit pinainom na namin ng pampatulog. In the end, we decided to let him rest na.

Can't imagine our fortune (pug) on a situation like that. I salute you guys for staying strong for your babies. Sana gumaling na sila. . .

Quote Originally Posted by minabey View Post

I hope so too but that slight chance is very slim considering her body mass. But like you're dog, ganun din sya. She tries to get up kahit pa nanghihina na.

Quote Originally Posted by versiero View Post
    Can't imagine our fortune (pug) on a situation like that. I salute you guys for staying strong for your babies. Sana gumaling na sila. . .
    Thanks! Just take care of dog. Make sure na malakas ang resistansya pag lumalabas. Pag hindi, wag na lang lumabas. Sa labas galing ang CD (air-borne).

Hi all

Who has dogs and rabbits? Went to Quiapo recently and I saw someone selling baby rabbits. I was so tempted to buy kase gusto ko din sana ma-alaga. But I have a beagle. Idk kung ok lang ba ang dog and rabbit together.

Hi! Anyone selling a shih tzu puppy? Preferably male (okay lang if neutered), with vet record, with papers. Thanks! Reply nalang kayo dito.

My dog died from distemper. She didn't make it.

awww.. that's sad...

Awww... Condolence.

Quote Originally Posted by jhocai View Post
    awww.. that's sad...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro18 View Post
    Awww... Condolence.
    She's too young and too small to fight eh. Ayoko na tuloy mag-alaga ng aso.

Cunnilingus Connoisseur Norinco_45's Avatar
    I was expecting that when I read your past posts and I don't want to give false hope. I was in your situation year 2010 when my crossbreed Rot-aspin had a Canine Distemper. I was not yet in a group of dog walkers and trainers at that time and I don't have idea why my dog was shaking. She lost her appetite and couldn't walk anymore until she got paralyzied totally. I was thinking about to perform euthanasia dahil nilalanggam na. She was paralyzed for 3 days and then i decided to inject her what we call "relief of farewell". Ang napansin ko lang ay pagmamamatay na sila nagpapaaalam sila by way of last deep breath while looking at you. I didn't cry but my tears fell down.
    It was the same feeling when my dog who came before her died too from Leptospirosis.

Vaccines are useless if they are already acquired the disease. My vet friend says walang gamot sa mga ganyang disease kaya preventions lang. Sobrang liit ng chance mag survive sa CD.
    Better if you have a new dog be sure to give them 5+1 and don't forget the deworming, blood chem and stool check every 3 months. Beware of Ehrlichia too dahil nakakamatay yan sa doggies. And lastly, have them for their heartworm if you see symptoms. Walang heart operation dito sa pinas unlike sa US.

Anyway, condolence to your loyal loving doggie. Burying or cremation is a good sign of love in return.

Quote Originally Posted by RedbeD View Post
    Hi all

Who has dogs and rabbits? Went to Quiapo recently and I saw someone selling baby rabbits. I was so tempted to buy kase gusto ko din sana ma-alaga. But I have a beagle. Idk kung ok lang ba ang dog and rabbit together.
    Dog and Angora Rabbit goes well together. Parehong makulit and playful. Been there done that. 👍😊

false hope is the number one service of veterinarian. they will coax you to have your dog confined and shell out 2000p per day while euthanasia would only cause 1250p.

Quote Originally Posted by gotta lick it View Post
    false hope is the number one service of veterinarian. they will coax you to have your dog confined and shell out 2000p per day while euthanasia would only cause 1250p.
    I totally agree with you, bro. They are after for the charge because they know most of the dog owners are novice or lack of knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Norinco_45 View Post
    I was expecting that when I read your past posts and I don't want to give false hope. I was in your situation year 2010 when my crossbreed Rot-aspin had a Canine Distemper. I was not yet in a group of dog walkers and trainers at that time and I don't have idea why my dog was shaking. She lost her appetite and couldn't walk anymore until she got paralyzied totally. I was thinking about to perform euthanasia dahil nilalanggam na. She was paralyzed for 3 days and then i decided to inject her what we call "relief of farewell". Ang napansin ko lang ay pagmamamatay na sila nagpapaaalam sila by way of last deep breath while looking at you. I didn't cry but my tears fell down.
    It was the same feeling when my dog who came before her died too from Leptospirosis.

Vaccines are useless if they are already acquired the disease. My vet friend says walang gamot sa mga ganyang disease kaya preventions lang. Sobrang liit ng chance mag survive sa CD.
    Better if you have a new dog be sure to give them 5+1 and don't forget the deworming, blood chem and stool check every 3 months. Beware of Ehrlichia too dahil nakakamatay yan sa doggies. And lastly, have them for their heartworm if you see symptoms. Walang heart operation dito sa pinas unlike sa US.

Anyway, condolence to your loyal loving doggie. Burying or cremation is a good sign of love in return.
    She's been buried sa backyard ng isang friend na close din sa kanya. It was my fault kasi lagi ko syang nilalabas. Many did say that most dogs who acquire distemper dies. Rare lang yung survivors and mostly bigger dog breeds daw. It's not that I didn't want to give up. I just wanted to take care of her until her last day.

She's been buried sa backyard ng isang friend na close din sa kanya. It was my fault kasi lagi ko syang nilalabas. Many did say that most dogs who acquire distemper dies. Rare lang yung survivors and mostly bigger dog breeds daw. It's not that I didn't want to give up. I just wanted to take care of her until her last day.
    Sorry Moonstruck.. Is she vaccinated ba? Kasi if yes.. natatakot na ko ilabas yung baby ko.

I know how it feels, i lost 2 babies (1- Mini Pin and 1- Schweenie -shih x dashchund) in 2 weeks interval. but I never stopped loving pups.. so when someone offered me a new baby, hindi na ko humindi but a big yes!!

Quote Originally Posted by jhocai View Post
    Sorry Moonstruck.. Is she vaccinated ba? Kasi if yes.. natatakot na ko ilabas yung baby ko.

I know how it feels, i lost 2 babies (1- Mini Pin and 1- Schweenie -shih x dashchund) in 2 weeks interval. but I never stopped loving pups.. so when someone offered me a new baby, hindi na ko humindi but a big yes!!
    Kahit vaccinated pwede pa rin tamaan lalo na kung mahina resistansya so make sure may vitamins (lalo na vitamin C) pag lagi kayo lumalabas in public places where other dogs are also present. We think she got the airborne disease while we were jogging sa MOA grounds. May mga aso dun that time. Yung isa pa nga my Victorian collar. We think masyado syang napagod (our dog) kaya humina ang resistensya.

Kahit vaccinated pwede pa rin tamaan lalo na kung mahina resistansya so make sure may vitamins (lalo na vitamin C) pag lagi kayo lumalabas in public places where other dogs are also present. We think she got the airborne disease while we were jogging sa MOA grounds. May mga aso dun that time. Yung isa pa nga my Victorian collar. We think masyado syang napagod (our dog) kaya humina ang resistensya.
    Thanks for the advice. Im giving him PAPI. maybe I should start with Vitamin C, kahit generic brand ok na di ba?

Page 1 of 29 1 2 11 ... Last