The UP Fighting Maroons: Blazing it UP one game at a time! #TaasKamao - Page 93 | UAAP - Basketball | PinoyExchange
Page 93 of 98 First ... 43 83 92 93 94 ... Last
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 1953
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenservicemen View Post
    ^So affected din ba si Ouattara ng 7 years out of HS if Bright suits up this season? Or because UAAP teams can only field one import in a season?
    Talaga namang di pang S80 si Bright dahil galing syang NCAA school.
    S81 pa ang eligibility nya, hopefully hindi harangin ng big-tier schools.

One import in a season lang talaga at si Ouattara lang ang pwede doon. By next season, 26 na si Ouattara by September, so last nya na rin talaga ito. If Bright wouldn't be lined up next year, Ghislain Bruel would suit up for UP.

Quote Originally Posted by inghinyero View Post
    One import in a season lang talaga at si Ouattara lang ang pwede doon. By next season, 26 na si Ouattara by September, so last nya na rin talaga ito. If Bright wouldn't be lined up next year, Ghislain Bruel would suit up for UP.
    Ibrahim Ouattara played for Mali in FIBA 2012 under-18 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_F...ionship_squads), says there he was born Jan. 11, 1994. So, that means he will be 24 years old by Sept. 2018, so he can still play one more season for UP if Bright can't play for some reason.

Mbala sat out in S78 because of a violation - that is nag-ligang labas sya.
    I know what you mean, that's why Mbala sat out for 3 years, instead of just 2 years. The 2 years residency started with La Salle in 2013, he was suppose to play in 2015, but got caught with ligang labas. What I meant was that I hope Bright will only have to sit out 1 year, instead of 2 years.

^So final season na pala ni Mbala ang Season 80?

Quote Originally Posted by Outlander38 View Post
    Ibrahim Ouattara played for Mali in FIBA 2012 under-18 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_F...ionship_squads), says there he was born Jan. 11, 1994. So, that means he will be 24 years old by Sept. 2018, so he can still play one more season for UP if Bright can't play for some reason.

I know what you mean, that's why Mbala sat out for 3 years, instead of just 2 years. The 2 years residency started with La Salle in 2013, he was suppose to play in 2015, but got caught with ligang labas. What I meant was that I hope Bright will only have to sit out 1 year, instead of 2 years.
    Ayyy! Bet ko si Ouattara so if ever Bright can't play, better for UP, I guess. Ohh, wait bakit 2 years ang initial sit out nya?

^So final season na pala ni Mbala ang Season 80?
    Mukhang S81. Yung isang year na sinit out nya due to violation lang but not counted as playing year. So Mbala vs Akhuetie raw next season.

DLSU has to figure out how to get the points Teng and Torres usually gives. Melecio / Montalbo would be flagging them this year.

^I think that UP does not have that scoring problems for this season. Dami options.

Ayyy! Bet ko si Ouattara so if ever Bright can't play, better for UP, I guess. Ohh, wait bakit 2 years ang initial sit out nya?
    Check out this article from 2013 which explains why Mbala had to sit out 2 years, the UAAP board decided to apply the Pingoy rule to foreign students that changed schools as well, even if it wasn't at the HS level = www.spin.ph/sports/basketball/news/mbala-eligible-to-play-for-la-salle-only-in-2015-under-new-residency-rules

Hopefully with the new Pia law, foreign students are also covered, and don't have sit out 2 years anymore. Malas lang ni Mbala and La Salle that wala pa yung Pia C. Law back then.

Well kung totoo yung 2 year sit out rule dapat nagapply rin yun kila Okomo at Ouattara. Eh hindi naman.

Check out this article from 2013 which explains why Mbala had to sit out 2 years, the UAAP board decided to apply the Pingoy rule to foreign students that changed schools as well, even if it wasn't at the HS level = ****************************/basketball...esidency-rules

Hopefully with the new Pia law, foreign students are also covered, and don't have sit out 2 years anymore. Malas lang ni Mbala and La Salle that wala pa yung Pia C. Law back then.
    The final version of the Pia Law specifically states, "without prejudice to the respective rules of athletic associations on student-athletes who are foreign imports, the following rules on residency shall be applied xxx". So it's clear that the Pia Law does not apply to Foreign students.

IMO, the 2 year residency still applies to Bright and Akomo, unless the UAAP rule on that matter is also changed. But let's see. We all know how fickle minded the UAAP Board is. I remember reading somewhere that UP is confident that the rules will be reverted back, just in time for Bright's entry in S81.

The real test will be this upcoming season, if our very own Ouattara and UST's Okomo will be allowed to play for their new teams. Both players transferred after playing several years for another college, and have only sat out 1 year residency so far with their new schools.

If the UAAP board allows them to play, but denies Bright next year after his 1 year residency from the NCAA, then it's obvious they don't apply their rules equally to all then, and I expect UP management and Coach Bo to do something about it.

Ang point ata is that these foreign players need not undergo those residency rules since they have played from CESAFI/Diliman College before. Same as Bright, na galing sa NCAA kaya 1 year sit out lang. Can anyone think of someone na foreign na galing from ibang school na nakalaro after 1 residency year?

Ang point ata is that these foreign players need not undergo those residency rules since they have played from CESAFI/Diliman College before. Same as Bright, na galing sa NCAA kaya 1 year sit out lang. Can anyone think of someone na foreign na galing from ibang school na nakalaro after 1 residency year?
    Mbala also played for SWU prior to transferring to DLSU. No use going further back because the new rule was implemented only after Mbala transferred. So a foreign student who was able to play after 1 year of residency pre-Mbala (I think 2013 or 2014), won't be a good example because the rules were different then.

From UP Men's Basketball Team FB page =

TIPCup 2017 Update:

We have two games this week:

June 20 - Tuesday - 3:00 PM vs Chiang Kai Shek College

June 23 - Friday - 1:30 PM vs La Salle Greenhills

Filoil2017 Quarterfinals:

June 21 - Wednesday - 3:15 PM vs San Beda College

From UP Men's Basketball Team FB page =

TIPCup 2017 Update:

We have two games this week:

June 20 - Tuesday - 3:00 PM vs Chiang Kai Shek College

June 23 - Friday - 1:30 PM vs La Salle Greenhills

Filoil2017 Quarterfinals:

June 21 - Wednesday - 3:15 PM vs San Beda College
    Nakakatuwa na pinopost nyo rito updates namin. Hehehe.

Tight schedule for our boys this week. #UPFight pa rin!
    Desiderio is back from Cebu na ata. June 20 and 23 games are for the rest of the boys (Team Akhuetie) hehe

^That was the first thing I've read today that made sense.

Wonder what happened to Ross Tiglao??

^ Myth ata yang si Ross Tiglao eh. haha Nagkaron na ba yan ng sighting ever?

Si Outtara naka 2 years residency na. 2015 siya pumasok sa team nung nagchampion tayo sa FBA. Dinala ni Coach Rensy galing Diliman College. Si Tekoudjou kasi dapat last year ang import eh.

^May import nga ba tayo last year?

On another note, sino yang si Ross Tiglao?

Page 93 of 98 First ... 43 83 92 93 94 ... Last