The UP Fighting Maroons: Blazing it UP one game at a time! #TaasKamao - Page 123 | UAAP - Basketball | PinoyExchange
Page 123 of 123 First ... 23 73 113 122 123
Results 2,441 to 2,443 of 2443
    Jett Manuel out to prove he belongs with likes of Kiefer, Jeron

By Norman Lee Benjamin Riego on Sep 21, 2017

In the 10 months since his last game in the UAAP, all we have heard about Jett Manuel was that he passed the engineering board exam.

Now, the one-time leader of the University of the Philippines is out to make an impact on the basketball court once again.

Manuel is part of the 12-man team that will represent the Philippines in the 2017 FIBA Asia Champions Cup.

... And for the licensed engineer-slash-basketball player, getting to don the blue, red, yellow, and white is an honor. “It’s a blessing na I’m here. I’m thankful for the opportunity,” he said.

He then continued, “I wanna know what it feels like to represent the country. It’s always been a dream of mine and I’m just really excited that I’m here already.”

Read full article here = http://sports.abs-cbn.com/basketball...er-jeron-31216

Diary from Chenzhou Day 1: Jett Manuel is ready for takeoff

September 22, 2017
    by: Carlo Pamintuan

CHENZHOU – Jett Manuel was surrounded by players he competed against back in college: a Blue Eagle, a Tiger, two Tamaraws, and four Green Archers. As if his former foes and current teammates needed a reminder, Manuel dressed to represent. He wore his maroon UP shorts and paired it with green socks as Chooks-to-Go Pilipinas assistant coach Jong Uichico called for their first huddle in Chenzhou, China.

... This was not Manuel’s first time to travel abroad with a team but it is his first time to play in a FIBA event. His teammates and fellow prospective 2017 PBA rookies Ravena and Raymar Jose have more experience including winning the gold medal in the recently concluded Southeast Asia Games.

Blame it on the timing, blame it on the deep level of talent in his position, just don’t blame it on Manuel’s lack of trying because he has done so many times before.

“Pangarap ko talagang makasama sa Philippine team,” he shared. “Nag-try out ako sa RP Youth Under-16 pero di ako umabot. I tried again sa RP Youth Under-18 pero wala pa rin. I even tried to be included in a couple of SEA Games lineups pero kahit dun sa pool of 22 players hindi ako nakapasok.”

It’s funny how life works sometimes. After all the cuts, Manuel finally made the lineup of a team that would compete in the Asian level.

“After graduation, I started preparing my body for the PBA because that was my goal. I was focused on working on my game and my body for the next level,” he said.

Read more: http://sports.tv5.com.ph/labanpilipi...#ixzz4tOnS0y8Q

Page 123 of 123 First ... 23 73 113 122 123