iglesia ni cristo NO MORE !! - Page 5 | Realm of Thought | PinoyExchange

Page 5 of 38 First ... 4 5 6 15 ... Last
    The mere fact na may nag rebelde ay alarming na supposedly. As usual, once a fanatic, always a fanatic.

Quote Originally Posted by KidlatNgayon View Post
    NAKAKAAWA KA, Tiburcio 666! Kasi kahit anong gawin mo, ibitin mo mang patiwarik ang sarili mo, hindi mangyayari yang INC No More na gusto mong mangyari
    Quote Originally Posted by Emilio Bonifacio View Post
    A libel case is already filed by the Church against Mr. Samson., long before Mr. Samson went to DOJ to file his alleged "illegal detention and abduction case". Until proven, all these charges remains as it is,.. baseless and without any substance!

The TS intention is clear, picking up garbages here and there to throw to the Church. You want us to refute each of these trash? even those sarcastic remarks and hate driven comments from unknown blogs?

Kayo kayo na lang mag lokohan! huwag niyo kami isama sa mga kababawan ninyo!
    Both now laughing on the outside but soulfully hurtin' inside.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Again from indoctrinated non biblical minded inc's.

Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

2 Cor 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
    Rebuttal? Naghihirap na ba ang INC kagaya ng sinasabi niya? Umaalis na ba ang maraming miembro maiban sa dose-dosenang nag-rebelde? Ano pang kelangang patunayan sa kanya eh hayag na hayag naman ang tagumpay? Dapat magsalita na lang sya pag totoong bagsak na dahil hinihiya nya lang ang sarili nya Nakakaawa sya sa desperasyon niya (hindi ko) Lol!!!
    Coming from the indoctrinated mind's lousy rebut akin to a horse's mouth

Oh yeah !! oh yeah !! due to money be richer or poorer ..

Dig this : v v

Movie Review from a prize-winning and critically acclaimed filmmaker, and INC Member

October 14 2015 at 11:22 PM underarmour (Login underarmour)

Response to So who is going to go see the overpriced premiere of the felix movie?

http://www.manilatimes.net/manalo-wh...bout-1/223903/

For those that don't want to click on the link:
    Manalo: What salvation is all about (1)
    October 15, 2015 1:05 am

by MAURO GIA SAMONTE

[The author, a prize-winning and critically acclaimed filmmaker, is an Iglesia ni Cristo member who steadily worshipped for four years. This makes him eminently qualified to write a well-rounded review of the blockbuster film, “Manalo.”]

“Alam mo naman sa Iglesia, ultimong pag-utot kailangang ihingi mo ng pahintulot (You very well know in Iglesia, you need to get permission even for such things as farting),” remarked an INC District Cultural Officer one afternoon when we were finalizing plans for a short film intended for entry in a district-wide film festival.

This concern is fundamental in making an honest-to-goodness evaluation of the movie “Manalo,” hyped over the past two weeks or so as breaking all movie exhibition records, both local and foreign; its premiere showing at the Philippine Arena drew a reportedly record attendance of 43,000,\ immediately meriting a Guinness Book of World Records Award as the largest ever all over the world and in all history.

It goes without saying, if “Heneral Luna” deserved my review, then all the more should “Manalo.” But then there’s this singular hindrance which immediately seems to be a dead weight heaped on my shoulder. Inside Iglesia ni Cristo, freedom of speech is a luxury not even reserved for ministers on the lower ranks of the INC bureaucracy; for the multitudes of the membership, their only prerogative is to say “Opo, opo, opo.”

And I am an Iglesia ni Cristo!

How do I go about reviewing the film when my rights are limited to achieving supreme acquiescence: “Opo, opo, opo?” To say otherwise is to commit a most heinous offense: “Di pagpapasakop (defiance, simply put).” And the punishment for the sin is horrendous. The last “teksto (term for ‘sermon’)” I listened to told of a Biblical passage in which in the olden Iglesia ni Cristo a directive was agreed upon for members to sell all their belongings and offer the proceeds to God. The story went that the couple Ananias and his wife set aside for themselves a certain portion of those proceeds. In punishment for the offense, God killed the couple. The minister cited the case of Ananias and his wife as depicting the sin of “di pagpapasakop” and proceeded to stress repeatedly: “Ano ang ginagawa ng Diyos sa mga hindi nagpapasakop (What does God do to those who refuse to obey)? Pinapatay (They are killed!) Pinapatay!” That emphasis sent chills running down my spine and since then I refused to listen anymore.

I’ve gone through so much travail in life that I’ve been divested of all my worldly possessions. What’s left with me is bare self-respect and the right to speak, and if these were still denied me, then what’s there still left to live for?

In INC, the words of its Prime Minister are the words of God. The movie “Manalo” says it all.
    Manalo is depicted as hailing from a poor family steeped in Catholicism. A priest, whom the family calls Amo (a term certainly couched in derisive connotation), takes interest on the boy Felix and brings him to Manila, there to pursue studies. At the same time, he is reared as a sacristan of Amo, thereby honing him up on the values of a devout and priestly Catholic. Into his maturity, he is attracted to a series of study sessions in Protestant churches (Baptist, Methodist, Seventh Day Adventist, Presbyterian, Misyon Kristiyana, among others). He is thus depicted as a zealous believer in God but unable to find God’s one true church. His particular condemnation of the Catholic Church finds a most profound expression in his staunch objection to the Catholic priest Amo giving his dying father extreme unction, resulting in the man dying without receiving the last sacrament. Felix is castigated both by his mother and Amo but insists that the last sacrament, like worship of graven images, is not Biblical, therefore, unnecessary and evil.

It is in this episode of his father’s death that “Manalo” raises the question: How is man to be saved?

Thus Felix goes on a circuitous journey from one church to another. Into his marriage with Ata (his first wife Tomasa dies earlier), his search for the true church becomes most intense (or that’s how it is supposed to be). He spends three days closeted in his room scanning the Bible for answers to his questions. At the end of this episode, he barges out of his room, announcing to Ata that he has found the church he has been looking for: Iglesia ni Cristo. And he expresses a resolve to preach this finding to the world. Ata points out that they have no church to preach in, a contention echoed by colleagues in the churches he formerly belonged to. Felix argues that he does not have to belong to any church, or any of the existing churches anyway; what he will be preaching is the Church of Christ as stated in the Bible.

Thus Felix sets out to preach: “At sinasabi ko sayo, ikaw ay Pedro, at sa batong ito ay itatayo ko ang aking Iglesia (I tell you, thou art Peter, and upon this rock I shall build my church). Kaninong Iglesia (Whose Church)? Iglesia ni Kristo (the Church of Christ).” And he proceeds to prop up his first quotation with Romans 16:16: “Mangagbatian kayo ng banal na halik. Binabati kayo ng lahat ng Iglesia ni Cristo (Greet one another with a holy kiss. You are greeted by all churches of Christ.”

It is enough for Felix to cite these Biblical verses to convince followers that Iglesia ni Cristo is the one true church in the Bible. From a small simple congregation in Felix’s native barrio of Tipas, Taguig, his preaching reaches far and wide so that by July 27, 1914 he is able to register it as a religion with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Five years later, he is prayed over by leading ministers of other churches including the Catholic Church, like so many kings solemnizing his formal elevation to knighthood.

Unwittingly, with its admission of the latter event, “Manalo” reinforces a contention by INC’s most vociferous antagonist, Ang Dating Daan, that INC has been lying about its birth being on the 27th of July 1914 – the date of the outbreak of World War 1. It is INC’s doctrine that World War I is the realization of a Biblical prophecy, Mark 13:8: “Countries will fight each other, kingdoms will attack one another.” In indoctrinating people to membership in the sect, INC cites World War 1 as proof that Iglesia ni Cristo is the one true church as prophesied in the Bible. Though “Manalo” does not verbalize this claim, it at least underscores a news report about WW1 breaking out just as Felix is registering INC at the SEC. But Ang Dating Daan has been making its own underscoring through a UNTV program, X-Men, that a news account of the knighthood of Felix by several head ministers of protestant churches and the Catholic Church in 1918 proves Manalo had been baptizing members already in 1913, and the July 27, 1914 registration of INC was deliberately made at the same time as the outbreak of the WW1 so as to make it appear as the realization of the Biblical prophecy about the beginning of a new messenger or Sugo – Felix Y. Manalo.

Part 2 will come out tomorrow Friday October 16.

The author, Mauro Gia Samonte, is an accomplished movie journalist who for a time ran a column in the Lifestyle-Entertainment section of The Manila Times. A known filmmaker, he has more than 50 movie titles to his credit. He has won two best screenplay awards, one from the Metro Manila Film Festival and another from the Film Academy of the Philippines.

Quote Originally Posted by tiburcioSais View Post
    Laughing on the outside but soulfully hurtin' inside.
    Whatever happen to an old saying "action speak louder than words"? That's general rule in determining what is what. The reason that we're not rebutting your allegations cause we're not even bothered by it, your trash is nowhere comparable to the truth that we knew of.

We are laughing YES,. while YOU remain soulfully hurtin' inside as manifested with your actions in this thread, an empty can making much of the noise.

Whatever happen to an old saying "action speak louder than words"? That's general rule in determining what is what. The reason that we're not rebutting your allegations cause we're not even bothered by it, your trash is nowhere comparable to the truth that we knew of.
    What is your truth anyway, huh.
    Soul salvation for sale, nah !!

We are laughing YES,. while YOU remain soulfully hurtin' inside as manifested with your actions in this thread, an empty can making much of the noise.
    Not me but you with the kind of lousy rebuttals evidently posted here due to an indoctrinated brain and watered down mind and thoughts.

Aw come on and dig this and become an iglesia ni cristo no more !!

Iglesia Thanksgiving Fraud

October 15 2015 at 7:01 AM Sis Lori (Login SisLori999)

Response to Why the Iglesia ni Cristo is an evil church

The Iglesia's thanksgiving doctrine is a perverted application of the Israelites burnt offering sacrifices where animals, such as, cows or rams or bullocks with no physical defects are killed, its blood is poured the altar and the carcass is burned as offerings to God for the remission of sin.

In lieu of animal sacrifices, Manalo instituted money sacrifices which he calls "thanksgiving sacrifice" or "thanksgiving offerings". The purpose of the Israeli burnt offering is to clean the sin of the offeror by killing and sacrificing the animal in his stead.

Instead of sin cleansing, Manalo's thanksgiving doctrine is, however, a sleek financial scam where members are required to make weekly money deposits (that can't be withdrawn) to Manalo's unregistered Mafia Bank inside his chapels. At the end of the year, he will give you a non negotiable check in exchange for the total monies deposited. This worthless check will be your thanksgiving offering to God at the end of the year. Of course, Manalo just throws the worthless check to his garbage as he got your monies already. If he can fool you to cheat God by offering worthless money, think how lowly you are to him. "You are just my peons with no brains, so, do as I say, my peons!"

Tricking Members to Pay Thanksgiving Debts

Before you can be baptized in this cult, you must vow by raising your right hand to obey all the Iglesia commandments until death. Therefore, there is no escape. You are stuck to pay your thanksgiving debts as it is one of Manalo's commandments (Doctrine #19). The Iglesia thanksgiving debt is a mother of all debts because all other debts can be paid from 5 to 3o years, but, the IGLESIA NI CRISTO thanksgiving debt is a lifetime debt. What's more burdensome is that Manalo wants you to abound(or increase) year after year after year.

In the Christian era, burnt offerings of animals for the remission of sins is no longer applicable because Jesus Christ has already offered his body as perpetual sacrifice for sins:

"By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all." (Heb 10:10 KJV)

God Does not Need Money in Thanking Him:

"By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is , the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name." (Heb 13:15)

Imminent are breakaways and schisms caused by the
    enormous amount of money involved that came from
    collections decades upon decades thus the gates of
    hell evidently prevail on these so-called GOD beliefs
    since the judas Iscariot circa.

GOD's written Words even from HIS old Testament
    that soul salvation is absolutely free from burdens
    that involved particularly shelling out of money
    either compulsory or voluntarily.

isaiah 55:1 Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

2 Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.

isaiah 52:3 For thus saith the LORD, Ye have sold yourselves for nought; and ye shall be redeemed without money.

isaiah 51:11 Therefore the redeemed of the LORD shall return, and come with singing unto Zion; and everlasting joy shall be upon their head: they shall obtain gladness and joy; and sorrow and mourning shall flee away.

john 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

What is your truth anyway, huh.
    Soul salvation for sale, nah !!

Not me but you with the kind of lousy rebuttals evidently posted here due to an indoctrinated brain and watered down mind and thoughts.
    What issues do we have to rebut anyway? All these garbage that you picked from unknown blogs and sources? Nah, waste of time for us!.

But I challenge you though, why don't you just concentrate and focus on one point or doctrine that you find worthy to discuss on, opportunity for you to stand your ground and to show what your core belief is,. to prove for your sake and that of the readers.

A challenge for you to put some decency on this thread of yours.

What issues do we have to rebut anyway? All these garbage that you picked from unknown blogs and sources? Nah, waste of time for us!.

But I challenge you though, why don't you just concentrate and focus on one point or doctrine that you find worthy to discuss on, opportunity for you to stand your ground and to show what your core belief is,. to prove for your sake and that of the readers.

A challenge for you to put some decency on this thread of yours.
    Undoubtedly, evidently that the thread is too unbearable for this hurting soul with indoctrinated mind and thoughts.

Did not even comprehend the gist of the postings herein not unless belief unbecoming of being an inc no more.

Judged that garbage abound here from blogs while they were just re posted here from another forum.

Both now laughing on the outside but soulfully hurtin' inside.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Again from indoctrinated non biblical minded inc's.

Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

2 Cor 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Coming from the indoctrinated mind's lousy rebut akin to a horse's mouth

Oh yeah !! oh yeah !! due to money be richer or poorer ..

Dig this : v v

Movie Review from a prize-winning and critically acclaimed filmmaker, and INC Member

October 14 2015 at 11:22 PM underarmour (Login underarmour)

Response to So who is going to go see the overpriced premiere of the felix movie?

http://www.manilatimes.net/manalo-wh...bout-1/223903/

For those that don't want to click on the link:
    Manalo: What salvation is all about (1)
    October 15, 2015 1:05 am

by MAURO GIA SAMONTE

[The author, a prize-winning and critically acclaimed filmmaker, is an Iglesia ni Cristo member who steadily worshipped for four years. This makes him eminently qualified to write a well-rounded review of the blockbuster film, “Manalo.”]

“Alam mo naman sa Iglesia, ultimong pag-utot kailangang ihingi mo ng pahintulot (You very well know in Iglesia, you need to get permission even for such things as farting),” remarked an INC District Cultural Officer one afternoon when we were finalizing plans for a short film intended for entry in a district-wide film festival.

This concern is fundamental in making an honest-to-goodness evaluation of the movie “Manalo,” hyped over the past two weeks or so as breaking all movie exhibition records, both local and foreign; its premiere showing at the Philippine Arena drew a reportedly record attendance of 43,000,\ immediately meriting a Guinness Book of World Records Award as the largest ever all over the world and in all history.

It goes without saying, if “Heneral Luna” deserved my review, then all the more should “Manalo.” But then there’s this singular hindrance which immediately seems to be a dead weight heaped on my shoulder. Inside Iglesia ni Cristo, freedom of speech is a luxury not even reserved for ministers on the lower ranks of the INC bureaucracy; for the multitudes of the membership, their only prerogative is to say “Opo, opo, opo.”

And I am an Iglesia ni Cristo!

How do I go about reviewing the film when my rights are limited to achieving supreme acquiescence: “Opo, opo, opo?” To say otherwise is to commit a most heinous offense: “Di pagpapasakop (defiance, simply put).” And the punishment for the sin is horrendous. The last “teksto (term for ‘sermon’)” I listened to told of a Biblical passage in which in the olden Iglesia ni Cristo a directive was agreed upon for members to sell all their belongings and offer the proceeds to God. The story went that the couple Ananias and his wife set aside for themselves a certain portion of those proceeds. In punishment for the offense, God killed the couple. The minister cited the case of Ananias and his wife as depicting the sin of “di pagpapasakop” and proceeded to stress repeatedly: “Ano ang ginagawa ng Diyos sa mga hindi nagpapasakop (What does God do to those who refuse to obey)? Pinapatay (They are killed!) Pinapatay!” That emphasis sent chills running down my spine and since then I refused to listen anymore.

I’ve gone through so much travail in life that I’ve been divested of all my worldly possessions. What’s left with me is bare self-respect and the right to speak, and if these were still denied me, then what’s there still left to live for?

In INC, the words of its Prime Minister are the words of God. The movie “Manalo” says it all.
    Manalo is depicted as hailing from a poor family steeped in Catholicism. A priest, whom the family calls Amo (a term certainly couched in derisive connotation), takes interest on the boy Felix and brings him to Manila, there to pursue studies. At the same time, he is reared as a sacristan of Amo, thereby honing him up on the values of a devout and priestly Catholic. Into his maturity, he is attracted to a series of study sessions in Protestant churches (Baptist, Methodist, Seventh Day Adventist, Presbyterian, Misyon Kristiyana, among others). He is thus depicted as a zealous believer in God but unable to find God’s one true church. His particular condemnation of the Catholic Church finds a most profound expression in his staunch objection to the Catholic priest Amo giving his dying father extreme unction, resulting in the man dying without receiving the last sacrament. Felix is castigated both by his mother and Amo but insists that the last sacrament, like worship of graven images, is not Biblical, therefore, unnecessary and evil.

It is in this episode of his father’s death that “Manalo” raises the question: How is man to be saved?

Thus Felix goes on a circuitous journey from one church to another. Into his marriage with Ata (his first wife Tomasa dies earlier), his search for the true church becomes most intense (or that’s how it is supposed to be). He spends three days closeted in his room scanning the Bible for answers to his questions. At the end of this episode, he barges out of his room, announcing to Ata that he has found the church he has been looking for: Iglesia ni Cristo. And he expresses a resolve to preach this finding to the world. Ata points out that they have no church to preach in, a contention echoed by colleagues in the churches he formerly belonged to. Felix argues that he does not have to belong to any church, or any of the existing churches anyway; what he will be preaching is the Church of Christ as stated in the Bible.

Thus Felix sets out to preach: “At sinasabi ko sayo, ikaw ay Pedro, at sa batong ito ay itatayo ko ang aking Iglesia (I tell you, thou art Peter, and upon this rock I shall build my church). Kaninong Iglesia (Whose Church)? Iglesia ni Kristo (the Church of Christ).” And he proceeds to prop up his first quotation with Romans 16:16: “Mangagbatian kayo ng banal na halik. Binabati kayo ng lahat ng Iglesia ni Cristo (Greet one another with a holy kiss. You are greeted by all churches of Christ.”

It is enough for Felix to cite these Biblical verses to convince followers that Iglesia ni Cristo is the one true church in the Bible. From a small simple congregation in Felix’s native barrio of Tipas, Taguig, his preaching reaches far and wide so that by July 27, 1914 he is able to register it as a religion with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Five years later, he is prayed over by leading ministers of other churches including the Catholic Church, like so many kings solemnizing his formal elevation to knighthood.

Unwittingly, with its admission of the latter event, “Manalo” reinforces a contention by INC’s most vociferous antagonist, Ang Dating Daan, that INC has been lying about its birth being on the 27th of July 1914 – the date of the outbreak of World War 1. It is INC’s doctrine that World War I is the realization of a Biblical prophecy, Mark 13:8: “Countries will fight each other, kingdoms will attack one another.” In indoctrinating people to membership in the sect, INC cites World War 1 as proof that Iglesia ni Cristo is the one true church as prophesied in the Bible. Though “Manalo” does not verbalize this claim, it at least underscores a news report about WW1 breaking out just as Felix is registering INC at the SEC. But Ang Dating Daan has been making its own underscoring through a UNTV program, X-Men, that a news account of the knighthood of Felix by several head ministers of protestant churches and the Catholic Church in 1918 proves Manalo had been baptizing members already in 1913, and the July 27, 1914 registration of INC was deliberately made at the same time as the outbreak of the WW1 so as to make it appear as the realization of the Biblical prophecy about the beginning of a new messenger or Sugo – Felix Y. Manalo.

Part 2 will come out tomorrow Friday October 16.

The author, Mauro Gia Samonte, is an accomplished movie journalist who for a time ran a column in the Lifestyle-Entertainment section of The Manila Times. A known filmmaker, he has more than 50 movie titles to his credit. He has won two best screenplay awards, one from the Metro Manila Film Festival and another from the Film Academy of the Philippines.

by MAURO GIA SAMONTE

Second of three parts

In INC indoctrination sessions it is stressed that Felix is the angel referred to in Revelation as rising from the east to confront the four winds that had power over of the earth; the four winds are taken to be the Big Four world powers (Britain, France, United States and Italy) that evolved as a consequence of World War 1. It is quite odd that “Manalo” makes no assertion in this regard. It is too basic an INC concern to be neglected. One can only conjecture that the filmmakers do not subscribe to the claim and so thought it better to do away with that aspect in favor of focusing on the strides made by INC. In the postwar period onward to its supposed one hundredth year, INC has gone much beyond Philippine horizons, beginning with Hawaii, then Australia, further onward to Continental USA, Europe, the Middle East, and finally, Jerusalem, where, as sang in INC’s official anthem “Ako’y Iglesia Ni Cristo,” it all began.

Three years of dedicated membership in the INC had given me enough spiritual inspiration to translate the Tagalog song into English, reflecting what I believe must be a hankering among non-Filipino members for release of their native spiritual sentiments. The lyrics go thus:

I am Iglesia Ni Cristo
    The church of prophets in the East come true
    Now it has gone back to Jerusalem
    Once it’s holy home
    ‘Tis Christ that I will always follow
    No matter what’s up for tomorrow
    I shall be Iglesia ni Cristo
    Till the end of my bones and marrow
    I swear to dedicate myself to God
    As Jesus did the same
    In persecutions and in suffering
    Shall I bear all the pain
    Amen

Now, I can only sing, those were the days, of lovely what-might-have-beens.

Deep into continued spirituality, of religious attendance in twice-a-week worship, participation in INC activities which included hands-on training of INC members in filmmaking, finding my place converted into a dako or site for INC meetings, and what else, I just found myself thirsting for full understanding of the scriptures.

That’s why in viewing “Manalo” I completely empathize with Felix as he moves from one faith to another, ceaseless in his search for the one true church as mandated by the Bible. At one point, Felix laments that he cannot continue preaching things that are contrary to what is preached in the Bible. It is simply unfortunate that empathizing with Felix in this regard leads me to contradicting him eventually.

Surely, I cannot claim to be versed in the Bible. I am much too far from that. Rather what I can claim is that I have come across certain passages in the Bible being contradicted by teachings of Iglesia ni Cristo. One such teaching, dealing with the question of whether Christ is God or man, is dwelt upon in the movie. Felix reads just one passage from the scriptures and on the strength of that one single quotation proclaims Christ is man not God. My own readings of the Bible give me a preponderance of verses attesting to Christ being not man but God. The entirety of John, Chapter 1 is testimony to Christ’s divinity, particularly 1-3: “Before the world was created, the Word already existed; he was with God, and he was the same as God. From the very beginning the word was with God. Through him God made all things; not one thing in all creations was made without him.” And in 17:5, on the eve of his crucifixion, Jesus prays in the garden, looking up to heaven, “Father! Give me glory in your presence now, the same glory I had with you before the world was made.” These occasions, far, far from each other in time speak of the same thing with amazing consistency about Christ being with God before the world was created: Christ is God.

And yet for all the wealth of verses that can be cited in the Bible to prove Christ is God, I would never go as far as proclaiming my findings as the truth. What I would need only whenever I would raise issues on this matter was for my questions to be answered. But either my questions were answered in the already hackneyed manner as had been characteristic of earlier indoctrination and therefore not providing any satisfactory clarification, or were dismissed outright as devil-inspired, which invariably got my ire. Imagine, a minister calling you a devil all for wanting deeper Biblical learning.

But then, as stressed at the outset, that’s Iglesia Ni Cristo. On the matter of pasakop, absolute obedience is required of every member. When it proclaims Christ is man, not God, bow your head and say “Opo.” Otherwise one is denied salvation. It is in the heart of every INC member to gain salvation after death and it is inculcated in his brain time and again that only in INC will man be saved. “That’s what the Bible says,” I would be told.

The answer would not satisfy me. I would argue that here I am, the Devil, and I come forward claiming I am the Iglesia Ni Cristo, does that make my claim valid all because the church name I use is written in the Bible? For that matter, which of the number of churches all registered in the SEC and all using Iglesia Ni Cristo as their names is the true church of God?

God’s divine essence cannot be that so simple as to derive merely from a citation of Biblical inscription. I believe it is the practice of acts prescribed in Biblical inscription that is the source of the flowering of Godliness in man. I don’t pretend I know how to define those acts other than sticking to these words by Paul: “And to faith add knowledge, to knowledge virtue, to virtue temperance, to temperance Godliness, to Godliness brotherly kindness.” Somehow I find this advice a good formula for living in harmony with myself, my family and my fellowmen.

In contrast, the incessant evangelizing I found myself subjected to in the course of my membership in INC has had the effect of throwing me in endless torment. Could I really last this pretentiousness, this hypocrisy. We preach God and the glory of spiritual salvation and yet continuously boast of achievements in domains that are best left to sanlibutan. For instance, I would ask: What does it profit a church to gain Guinness but lose members? Why are we so concerned about building the biggest arena in the world when judgment day is nearing? Are we to bring this to heaven? And the magnificent chapels, too? And the medals and certificates of recognition? And now the film that had the biggest attendance in a premiere showing in all history, that scored the biggest gross on a non-holiday opening day. In Ecclesiastes, King Solomon laments all these as vanity, just like chasing the wind.

Old habits are difficult to kill, but that evening I last attended an INC worship and the minister, equating the words of God to the words of the Prime Minister, declared an abominable terrorism: “Ano ang ginagawa ng Diyos sa mga ayaw pasakop? Pinapatay! (What does God do to those who disobey? Kill!),” I was thrown back to that state of mind I had in 1994 when finally seized with disgust at smoking which was ruining my lungs I crushed my last stick of cigarette on the floor with my shoe, declaring, “Ayoko na! (Enough!)” I had peace of lungs since then, not craving for Marlboro not a bit anymore, and completely, too.

One post on Facebook has this brag: “Manalo is not meant to make money.” Though it has been bruited about repeatedly that the film has broken box-office records both local and foreign, meaning money is a concern of the film after all, the obvious undertone of that Facebook boast is that “Manalo” is meant for attaining spiritual ends.

End of part 2

The conclusion or part 3 will appear tomorrow, Saturday Oct. 17.

Movie Review from a prize-win'ng and critically acclaimed filmmaker and INC Member, 3 of 3

October 17 2015 at 1:07 AM underarmour (Login underarmour)

http://www.manilatimes.net/manalo-wh...bout-2/224195/

Last of a three-part series

The last sentence of yesterday’s Part 2: One post on Facebook has this brag: “Manalo is not meant to make money.” Though it has been bruited about repeatedly that the film has broken box-office records both local and foreign, meaning money is a concern by the film after all, the obvious undertone of that Facebook boast is that “Manalo” is meant for attaining spiritual ends.

This reviewer thus finally addresses this braggadocio head-on. How true is the salvation of which Iglesia Ni Cristo claims monopoly of? All Christian religions without exception preach the Second Coming of Jesus Christ during which he will judge the living and the dead, and bring with him to heaven those he will save. INC proclaims that only those within the true church of Christ – what else but Iglesia Ni Cristo – will be saved.

“Manalo” strikes this reviewer as a grand spectacle for promoting that proclamation. For those outside INC whom it derisively refers to as sanlibutan, the movie must be a vehicle for conversion to the faith. For those already in, it must serve as a consolidating force. Time and again, INC worship sessions are punctuated with announcement of expulsions, betraying dissatisfactions occurring among the flock. Those announcements certainly drive terror into the hearts of the INC members, each time prompting them to stay put.

On the scale of film aesthetics, “Manalo” contributes nothing substantial.

The screenplay is mediocre, making no effort whatsoever at exploring aspects endemic in the cinema for achieving interesting storytelling. The structure is one straight narrative succeeding only at presenting a dry chronology of the events from boyhood to death of the man who built Iglesia Ni Cristo. And the narrative has for its focus the evangelization that is routine in INC worships thereby achieving nothing new as far as film art is concerned. As a consequence, the dialogues sound like a broken record.

The actor playing Manalo deserves commendation for effective acting if the character he plays were a non-human detached from earthly sensitivities. Given the proper situation, his performance rates A, as in that scene where threatened to be shot by Japanese troops who barge in the middle of the service, he goes ahead with his sermon, prompting the Japanese to withdraw. What ruins the scene is the hackneyed emphasis on the soldiers slowly putting their pistols back in their holsters before walking out of the chapel.

Stereotype directorial approach and touches are a main shortcoming of the film, like men drinking in front of a store, hecklers disturbing an indoctrination session, rival preachers intruding in the middle of Manalo’s sermon and getting dignified with argumentation in which he prevails and at which Manalo’s flock nod their heads like mechanical dolls moving at the turn of a key.

Though claiming to be an angel, Felix Manalo hasn’t quite gotten over his human nature. This is obvious from the fact that he falls in love, gets married (in fact twice), has children, provides good home and life for his family. Surely he must have done some little misdeeds which can dramatize his innate humanism. His transformation into a holy man – call it saint, sugo, or whatever – can be a most interesting approach for the director in handling the character of Felix. But no, he appears to be exercising fidelity to the work of one who can afford much schooling in elementary screenwriting. The result, a character which, because it does not develop, is in limbo.

It is fundamental in literature that the development of the story depends upon the development of the main character. What film will you get if its main character does not develop? A static motion picture that, having no beginning, has no end. Felix Y. Manalo begins as a boy, grows up into a man, and dies head of a large religious sect. That’s no story, at best it is a photoplay approximating a scrap book.
    A story depicts a man’s struggle to rise above his human weaknesses. All great literature has for its main theme this element in one form or another. A significant development the character of Felix Y Manalo would have taken is his exhausting his human strength to build a church by which to attain salvation for human kind only to stumble upon a Biblical passage that virtually proclaims his salvation gospel a hoax.

Mark 13:30, that passage, states: “Remember that all these things will happen before the people now living have all died.” The “things” referred to in the passage are the Great Tribulation, the Awful Horror that will presage the second coming of Jesus Christ during which he will judge the living and the dead and then bring with him to heaven all those that will deserve salvation. When will the Great Tribulation take place? According to Mark 13:30, “…before the people now living have all died.” And “now” in the passage means two thousand years ago. Even granting a common life span of 100 years for all the people living two thousand years ago, the longest any of the people living then could last up to was in year 100. In other words, the Great Tribulation and the ensuing Judgment Day immediately thereafter should have happened earlier than year 100. But as attested to by “Manalo,” as recent as 1913 Iglesia ni Cristo has been preaching a Judgment Day and salvation that until now are yet to come.

Felix has been preaching wrong!

Finally he is face to face with his ultimate chastisement, Deuteronomy 18:22: “If a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD and what he says does not come true then it is not the LORD’s message. That prophet has spoken on his own authority, and you are not to fear him.”
    Is Felix to admit his wrong and undergo a cleansing of spirit by which to correct his mistake? Or keep mum on his discovery of Mark 13:30, as all other Christian churches have been doing, and continue hooking multitudes on the gospel of salvation?

Nothing is shown of course in the movie that Felix does come upon Mark 13:30. But his discovering the verse should be taken as a matter of course. He has not devoted one whole lifetime meticulously studying the Bible for nothing. In all likelihood he has found out about Mark 13:30 but has chosen to ignore it completely. Why? Because without the gospel of Judgment Day and Salvation, no solid rock will be there on which to build an Iglesia Ni Cristo – no need for a sugo to build that church in the last days.

As it is, anchored on believers’ undiminished faith in salvation, Iglesia Ni Cristo has prospered from so lowly beginnings in an obscure village in a backward municipality to a top rung among the major sects worldwide. It is common knowledge that INC exercises enormous influence and power over Philippine economy and politics, with its block vote able to determine the outcome of elections, its grip on the labor-only-contracting system proving a great fetter to the advancement of workers’ welfare.

As to fortunes, these must have grown to such tremendous proportions that the very family which Felix built is now splintered, reportedly wrangling over the matter.
    Now, that’s the real story.

The fraudulent Iglesia fruit

October 18 2015 at 12:34 PM Sis Lori (Login SisLori999)

Response to Why the Iglesia ni Cristo is an evil church

The Fraudulent Iglesia Fruit

The Iglesia's one armed bandit of propagating Manalo's Iglesia ni Cristo outfit is attained thru fraudulent use of some Bible verses plus some painful regular whips on his MT's (May Tungkulin or Church Officers). In the prestine Church, members do not have the same function or duty or office (Rom 12:4). The Apostles are the ones appointed by Jesus to do propagation works (Mt 28:19-20) In Manalo's Iglesia outfit, however, it being an evil church, everyone has the same duty of producing converts which they call as fruits (or soul fruits). Manalo's Doctrine #23 obligates members to produce converts where Manalo brazenly uses John 15:16 as his one armed bandit tool.

“Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.” (Jn 15:16 KJV)

“There you go, my brothers and sisters,” says Manalo. “You must therefore bear fruits or produce new converts! Invite everyone you know, your relatives, friends, and acquaintances to enroll in our regular Bible Studies, so that they, too, will be saved. It is not my command, but, the command of Christ. Do you want that the Father will heed your prayers? Then, obey Christ's command to bear fruits!”

The Fruits to Bear

Which fruits are these that Christians must bear? Are they convert fruits as Manalo teaches or something else? Let's read and see with our own eyes the real fruits that Christians must bear:

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.” (Gal. 5:22 KJV)

Manalo is caught teaching a fraudulent fruit! The fruits to bear should not be Convert Fruits but Spirit Fruits, such as, love, joy, peace, long suffering, gentleness, etc. These Spirit fruits are the good fruits of the true Vine who is Jesus Himself (Jn 15:5). The false vine, which is, Manalo's Iglesia outfit, being a bad vine or bad tree bears evil fruits (Mt. 7:17). All these proves that the Iglesia of Manalo or his Iglesia ni Cristo outfit is an evil Church.

How Does Manalo Fool INC Members?

In Manalo's Iglesia outfit, converts are only credited to his ministers. Members who do the work of getting prospective converts get only a pat on the back and or certificates of appreciation. That's it. What an evil Iglesia! Members spend their own monies to buy snacks for the prospective converts. They spend time and efforts in accompanying their prospective converts in their so-called Bible Studies, which is, actually indoctrinations on Manalo's commandments* by Manalo's ministers of darkness (2 Cor 11:13-15), but, they are credited with nothing.

* Felix Y. Manalo's doctrines codified in his Fundamental Beliefs of INC book.

Ito namang si Tiburcio 666 na kasamahan ni Aida, iba rin ang strategy, MANIRA sa pamamagitan ng pagchichismis! Ang mga ginagawa mo ay ilan sa PINAKAMUMUHI ng Panginoong Diyos:

Proverbs 6:
    16 May anim na bagay na ipinagtatanim ng Panginoon; Oo, pito na mga kasuklamsuklam sa kaniya:

17 Mga palalong mata, sinungaling na dila, at mga kamay na nagbububo ng walang salang dugo;

18 Puso na kumakatha ng mga masamang akala, mga paa na matulin sa pagtakbo sa kasamaan;

19 Sinungaling na saksi na nagsasalita ng kabulaanan, at ang naghahasik ng pagtatalo sa gitna ng magkakapatid.

Kaya mag-ingat ka rin, INGAT-INGAT lang kayong mga kampon ni Aida baka ang inaakala nyong gawang mabuti ang siyang naglulubog sa inyo sa kumunoy ng kamalian!

Ito namang si Tiburcio 666 na kasamahan ni Aida, iba rin ang strategy, MANIRA sa pamamagitan ng pagchichismis! Ang mga ginagawa mo ay ilan sa PINAKAMUMUHI ng Panginoong Diyos:

Proverbs 6:
    16 May anim na bagay na ipinagtatanim ng Panginoon; Oo, pito na mga kasuklamsuklam sa kaniya:

17 Mga palalong mata, sinungaling na dila, at mga kamay na nagbububo ng walang salang dugo;

18 Puso na kumakatha ng mga masamang akala, mga paa na matulin sa pagtakbo sa kasamaan;

19 Sinungaling na saksi na nagsasalita ng kabulaanan, at ang naghahasik ng pagtatalo sa gitna ng magkakapatid.

Kaya mag-ingat ka rin, INGAT-INGAT lang kayong mga kampon ni Aida baka ang inaakala nyong gawang mabuti ang siyang naglulubog sa inyo sa kumunoy ng kamalian!
    Hanggang dito ba naman sa hibla ng mga ink(c) na hindi na eh nilalantad mo ang pagkapikon mo at huhugot pa mandin sa mga Banal na Salita ng DIOS at ipapamukol pa na babalandra lang sa iyo at may banta pa ah ..

Eto para sa kaluluwa mong alang ala pang kapatawaran at ding dii pa ring napapagkalooban ng Espiritu Santo,

mateo 18:
    3 At sinabi, Katotohanang sinasabi ko sa inyo, Malibang kayo'y magsipanumbalik, at maging tulad sa maliliit na bata, sa anomang paraan ay hindi kayo magsisipasok sa kaharian ng langit.

4 Sinoman ngang magpakababa na gaya ng maliit na batang ito, ay siyang pinakadakila sa kaharian ng langit.

5 At sinomang tumanggap sa isa sa ganitong maliit na bata sa aking pangalan ay ako ang tinanggap:

6 Datapuwa't sinomang magbigay ng ikatitisod sa isa sa maliliit na ito na nagsisisampalataya sa akin, ay may pakikinabangin pa siya kung bitinan ang kaniyang leeg ng isang malaking batong gilingan, at siya'y ilubog sa kalaliman ng dagat.

roma 1:
    28 At palibhasa'y hindi nila minagaling na kilalanin ang Dios, ibinigay sila ng Dios sa isang mahalay na pagiisip, upang gawin yaong mga bagay na hindi nangararapat;

29 Nangapuspus sila ng buong kalikuan, ng kasamaan, ng kasakiman, ng kahalayan; puspos ng kapanaghilian, ng pagpatay sa kapuwa tao, ng pagtatalo, ng pagdaraya, ng mga kasamaan; mga mapagupasala,

30 Mga mapanirang puri, mga napopoot sa Dios, mga manglalait, mga palalo, mga mapagmapuri, mga mangangatha ng mga kasamaan, mga masuwayin sa mga magulang,

31 Mga haling, mga hindi tapat sa tipanan, mga walang katutubong paggiliw, mga walang habag:

32 Na, bagama't nalalaman nila ang kautusan ng Dios, na ang mga nagsisigawa ng gayong mga bagay ay mga karapatdapat sa kamatayan, ay hindi lamang gayon ang ginagawa, kundi naman pinapayagan ang mga nagsisigawa ng mga yaon.

Questions to those who still justifies EVM's action

October 19 2015 at 9:45 AM Silenceisgone (Login justaskingnow)

Had he exhausted all means to talk to his mother before excommunicating her?
    What prevents him from trying to talk by phone to her before handling out that judgement?
    Has he considered that his action is an embarrassment to the church?

Questions to those who still justifies EVM's action

October 19 2015 at 9:45 AM Silenceisgone (Login justaskingnow)

Had he exhausted all means to talk to his mother before excommunicating her?
    What prevents him from trying to talk by phone to her before handling out that judgement?
    Has he considered that his action is an embarrassment to the church?
    You have much time cherry picking articles that shows bias against the INC. Be fair and hear both sides of the story and free yourself from bitterness, stress and anger!

http://theiglesianicristo.blogspot.c...ap-lamang.html

You have much time cherry picking articles that shows bias against the INC. Be fair and hear both sides of the story and free yourself from bitterness, stress and anger!

http://theiglesianicristo.blogspot.c...ap-lamang.html
    Absolutely not me but you undoubtedly posting in here for the inc no more.

Let the truth sets you indeed if you can soulfully accept the gist of the postings here.

could you answer this simple questions mr tiburcio...

do you still believe in the bible? if yes please answer this follow up question...

in which religion can you find the salvation your soul ( and your wife's) needed? if not in the inc.

( i wish happiness for you and your wife... your avatar signifies loneliness.. i will presume you once was happy serving the Father... especially your wife... )

Absolutely not me but you undoubtedly posting in here for the inc no more.
    Let the truth sets you indeed if you can soulfully accept the gist of the postings here.
    Actually there is no gist but all lies and hatred spread in this thread. Sorry, the TRUTH is not really on your side

Quote Originally Posted by july22 View Post
    could you answer this simple questions mr tiburcio...

do you still believe in the bible? if yes please answer this follow up question...

in which religion can you find the salvation your soul ( and your wife's) needed? if not in the inc.

( i wish happiness for you and your wife... your avatar signifies loneliness.. i will presume you once was happy serving the Father... especially your wife... )
    Here, as shared by a converted little child without even just a taint of money soliciting.

As shared by a converted little child:
    v v

[QUOTE=aida;27235956]

PURE RELIGION

God through His words in the Holy Bible defines Pure Religion as:

James 1:26-27 (KJV) “If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man’s religion is vain. Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.”

Denominations composing Christianity, a religion relying on the Holy Bible as spiritual authority, are one in the interpretation of Pure Religion. As defined in the verses, it means “loving and caring for the orphans and the widows who are most materially and emotionally in need.” The establishment and maintenance of the following non-profit institutions, aside from individual good works, are the results of this rendition: Hospitals, Orphanages, Home for unwed mothers, Home for the aged, Adult training programs, Different charitable institutions and organizations.

Attending to the material needs, aside from emotional guidance, of the unfortunate people is the perceived fruition of Pure Religion. It is with this human understanding that “ecumenism” or the “unity” of Christian denominations is hatched under the aegis of love. In reality, however, they cannot be truly united because of variances in doctrines.

A glimpse of the deeper meaning

God is represented by His words (John 1:1) and Jesus Christ is the Word of God (Revelation 19:13 ). Simply stated, God should be the sole authority to speak for HIMSELF through His words! The topic will demonstrate how God explains His words. These are some points in the verses that God has to elucidate to clearly understand PURE RELIGION from His point of view:

James 1:26 “If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.”

“KEEPING REIN ON ONE’S TONGUE”

Man’s perception of “keeping rein on one’s tongue” is to speak only on a subject known under appropriate circumstances. To God, speaking on something only He is the sole authority is “not keeping rein on one’s tongue.” Examples: The Scribes or Teachers of the Law during the time of Christ expounded on the words of God and people followed them. Our Lord said, “blind guides followed by the blind.”

Christ spoke in parables. Not one of the apostles opened the mouth to explain the parables. Only Christ should explain His words that are expressed in parables (Mark 4:34,KJV).
    God is the author of His words and only He is the authority to explain the great message. Who among the people today “keep rein on the tongue?” The dictate of the heart, however, tempts people to take the role of Christ by explaining the words of God:
    Jeremiah 17:9 “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

God is represented by His words

God is a Spirit (John 4:24 ). Because He cannot directly relate to His chosen, He had to represent Himself through His words (John 1:1). This was revealed to Paul when he wrote, " “ For we know that the law is spiritual (Romans 7:14)”
    To show the “Way” and reveal the “Life” to His words, God manifested Himself in the flesh.

1 Timothy 3:16 (KJV) “ And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh…”

This was prophesied and fulfilled in the person of JESUS CHRIST (Isaiah 7:14):

Matthew 1:23 “Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.”

Accordingly, God in the person of Jesus Christ explains everything for He is the Word of God (Revelation. 19:13 ). Our Lord did this when He was with His disciples:

Mark 4:34 “But without a parable spake he not unto them: and when they were alone, he expounded all things to his disciples.”

The parables are the spiritual components of the words, that only the Word can explain. This truth had long been revealed to the chosen in Psalms 78:2 and Ezekiel 20:49.

If Jesus Christ is a physical being called the Word of God in Revelation. 19:13, and God is the Word in John 1:1), then we perceive the words of God as consisting of the “letter/physical” and the “spirit/spiritual.”

The “letter or literal” in the words of God corresponds to Jesus, a physical being. Just as Jesus was visible, so is the “letter” understood with the LITERAL LANGUAGE of man. The “spiritual” component representing the Father has to be explained by the words, just as God is identified by divine revelation.

Truth therefore is composed of the “letter” or literal/physical” and the “spirit/spiritual” in the words. The literal-physical varies with time and culture of the people. The spiritual is immutable, representing the immutable God (Malachi 3:6). The Spirit God is Truth; as Jesus, the man, is Truth. The fact that Jesus accepted worship proves that He is truly the visible representation of God (Colossians 1:15 , 2:9, John 14:7).

Hebrew 10:7 “Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,)…”

God made a Testament for the salvation of the chosen. This culminated with the shedding of blood on the cross.
    1 John 3:16 “ Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us…”

The “letter must die”

Just as Jesus died on the cross, so should the “letter” in the word that He represents must also die with Him Colossians 2:14).

The “handwriting of ordinances” refers to the “letter of the law” which, standing alone, cannot represent the truth. This is what Jesus said regarding this:
    John 5:31 “ If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.”

The “letter” has “to die” as Jesus died in order to “rise again” taking the spiritual nature.

Romans 7:6 “ But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.”
    Jesus requires another witness to prove Him to be Truth. Aside from Him is the Father Who should testify to the Truth.

John 5:31 “ If I (Jesus = literal word) bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. 32 There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he (Father = spiritual word) witnesseth of me is true.”

Very clearly therefore, Truth in the words of God requires the LITERAL WORD representing Jesus, and the SPIRITUAL WORD representing the Father. Correspondingly, simply knowing the PHYSICAL JESUS is not enough to clearly recognize Him, for it needs the identity of the Father as well John 8:19).
    Here is the rebuke for not recognizing God by simply looking at the PHYSICAL JESUS, in spite of what is written about Him “Emmanuel” or “God with us”:

John 8:54 “ Jesus answered… it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God: 55 Yet ye have not known him…”

Seeing Christ without His clear identification follows the non-recognition of the Father. Correspondingly, since Jesus represents the “letter” in the word, simply understanding the literal meaning does not necessarily follow the clear comprehension of the great spiritual message that the Father represents. That is how our Lord exposed the religious people in His time. He called them, “Blind guides leading the blind.” Today, who can claim clear recognition of God if Jesus is truly identified?

Recognizing the physical Christ therefore is not enough. We have also to identify the spiritual Christ. These two are one and constitute the Truth. The “Spirit God, the Father,” and “Emmanuel, God with us, the Son,” are the TWO WITNESSES to the Truth. A guide to the truth was revealed in the Old Testament:

Deuteronomy 19:15 “ One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established.”

Since God is the Word (John 1:1) and Jesus Christ is the Word of God (Revelation 19:13 ), the TWO WITNESSES therefore are the LITERAL and the SPIRITUAL word. Without “Emmanuel” God could not have been seen (John 14:7), is equivalent to, without the “literal word” God could not have communicated with His chosen. Just as the “Spirit God” and “Emmanuel” are one (John 10:30), so also the “spiritual word” cannot be separated from the “literal word” that establishes the truth. The “third witness” refers to the Holy Spirit that gives “life” to the words.

John 6:63 “ It is the spirit that quickeneth…the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.”

Here we can see the Spirit God uttering the Word that represents Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit giving “life” to the words. The “literal word” is “quickened” or given life by the Holy Spirit’s revelation through the very words (1 Corinthians 2:12-13):

“VISIT THE FATHERLESS AND WIDOWS IN THEIR AFFLICTION.”

If to the Natural Man the “fatherless” are the orphans whose physical fathers had died, Jesus revealed the spiritual father in the following:

JOHN 8:44 “Ye are of your father the devil…he…abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar…”

The “fatherless” therefore refer to people who found the TRUTH that now Satan, “the father”, had died in their life. These are the “spiritual orphans” who need to be “visited” and be fed with the Living Bread or the pure word of God (Jeremiah 15:16). This presupposes that eventually, it is God Who will take care and feed them with His spiritual words. God is the actual giver, and the chosen are only the messengers.

The “widows” in the LANGUAGE OF MAN are women whose husbands had died. In the SPIRITUAL LANGUAGE OF GOD, the husband refers to SATAN. This is deduced from the following where God is supposed to be the spiritual “husband.” (see also Jer. 3:14)

ISAIAH 54:5 “ For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name…”

The “seeds” of God are the truth in His words (Luke 8:11). The “seeds” of Satan are the deceptions in the words of God. Satan showed that he could cite Bible verses (Matthew 4:6). During the time of our Lord, the spiritual “wife” of God were the Disciples who only received His “seeds”. The Pharisees and Sadducees, the religious sects at that time, who followed the Teachers of the Law could not have been the “wife” of God for they had been receiving “seeds” that were not of God. This is gleaned from the warning of our Lord:

MATTHEW 16:6 “Then Jesus said unto them (Disciples), Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.”

MATTHEW 16:12 “Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.”

Doctrines contradictory to what is written in the Holy Bible although supported by Bible verses could not have come from God. These are the “leaven of bread” spoken of by our Lord.

The “widows” are physical male and female (Galatians 3:28), who had been receiving “strange seeds” or “leaven” in the word. These are the condemned human precepts and religious traditions (Colossians 2:8). Cessation from receiving these strange seeds makes them “spiritual widows” of the enemy of God. Satan now had “died” in their life. Like the “fatherless”, they need to be “visited,” taken to “the household of God,” and be also fed with the Living Bread or the pure word of God.

The “affliction of the widows and fatherless” is their spiritual isolation and persecution by the “sons and wives of Satan.” Jesus Christ warned His disciples, a type of the “fatherless and widows”:

JOHN 16:2 “They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service. 3And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.
    “Whosoever killeth you” does not necessarily mean physical death, but “murder in spirit.”

“KEEP ONESELF UNSPOTTED FROM THE WORLD”

In the LANGUAGE OF MAN, “world” refers to worldliness and the sin of the flesh taken literally in the following and in the Ten Commandments Galatians 5:19).
    Christ will explain whether the literal obedience is all to the commandments.

Luke 18:18 “And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? 19And Jesus said unto him… Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother. 21And he said, All these have I kept from my youth up.”

The Ruler must have physically avoided sins when he told our Lord: “ all these have I kept from my youth up ( Luke 18:21 ). “ Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me (Luke 18:22 ).”

Luke 18: 23 “And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich. 24And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God ! 25 For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle’s eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God .”

If “rich” means literal-physical, Joseph of Arimathea a rich man in the New Testament; and Abraham, Jacob, David and Solomon, all rich men in the Old Testament, could not have attained eternal life. Therefore, who are the “rich” and the “poor” that our Lord is referring to? Here are the “poor”:
    Matthew 5:3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”

The “poor” are the humble in human spirit like “little children.” (Matthew 18:3). They are not physical little children for the apostles were adults when our Lord called them as such. The apostles must have acted innocently in the eyes of our Lord; ignorant in their own eyes, not philosophical, and devoid of the rationality of an adult.

John 13:33 “ Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews…”

If spiritual “little children” or the “poor in spirit” are given spiritual wisdom, then the “spiritually rich” must be the opposite. They are not given spiritual knowledge and therefore spiritually blind. Truly so, how could the spiritually blind “see” the Way and follow the Truth? No wonder, Christ said, "it is easier for a camel to go through a needle’s eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God .”

The Natural Man sees “possession” as referring to material wealth, land, houses, etc. To God these are the spiritual possessions to be “sold”: “house of bondage” (Exodus 20:2) and “land of darkness” (Job 10:21). Continuous possession of these could not have opened the eyes of the spiritually blind. These “possession” should be sold in order to receive proceeds of TRUTH. It is truth that should be shared to the “poor in spirit.” Now God made it clear who the “fatherless” and the “widows” are.

Our Lord gave another reference to spiritual possession:

Matthew 6: 21 “For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.”

Spiritual “possession” therefore is what is ensconced in the heart. In the heart of the religious people, the Scribes and Pharisees, during our Lord’s time was their zealousness to follow the “letter of the law.” Our Lord called them hypocrites. The truth is:

2 Corinthians 3:6”Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament ; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth , but the spirit giveth life.”

Zealousness to the “letter of the law” makes a person self-righteous and proud. That is what the Rich Ruler bragged about before our Lord. “The letter” cleanses the “outside of the cup” only and this is limited to MORALITY (Matthew 23:26 ).

Christ preached cleansing first the “inside of the cup.” This is SPIRITUALITY and it refers to the spiritual message of the word. This truth is the basis of the following:

Galatians 3:10 “For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.”

Man’s understanding is limited to the literal-physical meaning. Thus the impossibility of following the law with man’s understanding:

James 2: 10 “For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.”

With man’s limited perception, God knows nobody can follow the whole law. He wants the chosen to trust Him as “little children,” so He could have a “free hand” shaping their spiritual life. However, many people, like the Scribes and Pharisees, want to act like “adults.” Therefore, the curse! Hence, came this sweeping statement from our Lord:

Matthew 18:3 “ And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

It is only to the SPIRITUAL, not physical, babes that knowledge and wisdom is endowed. Christ’s disciples were “converted and became as little children”:
    John 13:33 “ Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said…”

To them therefore was endowed the wisdom not otherwise given to the Teachers of the Law who were known as the wise and prudent (Matthew 11:25):

It is to the spiritual suckling (visisted) that doctrines are taught and learned:

Isaiah 28:9 (KJV) “ Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.”

THE LITTLE CHILDREN
    2 Timothy 3:15 “And that from a child (Humble in the eyes of God) thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation…” (see also Psalms 8:2)
    God’s chosen were all “converted and became as little children” that they were blessed with a clear understanding His words. They are given the gift of faith, which alone justifies man before God. They know, with man’s personal capability, that they will forever be short of God’s standard of righteousness:

Romans 3:20 “Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.”

The “law” refers to the literal-physical understanding of man that limits him to the simple “cleanliness on the outside” or morality. God’s word goes beyond “cleanliness on the outside” or far above morality. The spiritual aspect delves on the “cleanliness in the inside.” This is SPIRITUALITY that our Lord kept on pounding to the Teachers of the Law, but they did not understand Him. God revealed that the “law” justifies no man. Only faith, a gift from God, can shape man into the image of the model, the man-Christ Jesus Galatians 3:11).

Ephesians 2:8 “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.”

“Works” are not the simple noble deeds or charity that man can boast about. Rather, they are the fruits of faith after having known the spiritual word. It is the spiritual “walk” after having found the “Way”, for this is what leads to eternal life (ephesians 2:10)./QUOTE]

psalm 56:10

Actually there is no gist but all lies and hatred spread in this thread. Sorry, the TRUTH is not really on your side
    Again, undoubtedly, evidently that the thread is too unbearable for this hurting soul with indoctrinated mind and thoughts.

Did not even comprehend the gist of the postings herein not unless belief unbecoming of being an inc no more.

IGLESIA NI CRISTO (CHURCH OF CHRIST OF FYM) IN A
    NUTSHELL, PART I

Cultic Research (no login)

Q: What is the life of an Iglesia ni Cristo member?

A: The life of an Iglesia ni Cristo member revolves around these four obligations:
    1. To attend without failure the Thursdays and Sundays worship services and the weekly committee prayer meetings;
    2. To bear fruits, i.e., be instrumental in converting people to become Iglesia ni Cristo members for as long as one lives;
    3) To obey the church administration always. The church administration is Erano G. Manalo and his ministers sent to lead the established congregations.
    4) To contribute to the many offerings:
    a) Thursdays and Sundays offerings;
    b) Weekly local fund offerings;
    c) Weekly EGM offerings;
    d) Weekly deposits for the year end thanksgivings;
    c) Monthly District offerings;
    d) Monthly God's Message offerings;
    e) Special Worship offerings;
    f) July Anniversary offerings;
    g) Additional cash to supplement the deposited
    thanksgiving offerings.

IGLESIA NI CRISTO (CHURCH OF CHRIST OF FYM) IN A
    NUTSHELL, PART I

Cultic Research (no login)

Q: What is the life of an Iglesia ni Cristo member?

A: The life of an Iglesia ni Cristo member revolves around these four obligations:
    1. To attend without failure the Thursdays and Sundays worship services and the weekly committee prayer meetings;
    2. To bear fruits, i.e., be instrumental in converting people to become Iglesia ni Cristo members for as long as one lives;
    3) To obey the church administration always. The church administration is Erano G. Manalo and his ministers sent to lead the established congregations.
    4) To contribute to the many offerings:
    a) Thursdays and Sundays offerings;
    b) Weekly local fund offerings;
    c) Weekly EGM offerings;
    d) Weekly deposits for the year end thanksgivings;
    c) Monthly District offerings;
    d) Monthly God's Message offerings;
    e) Special Worship offerings;
    f) July Anniversary offerings;
    g) Additional cash to supplement the deposited
    thanksgiving offerings.
    Here again a load of trash thrown by an outsider to the Church of Christ. What this makes of you,. TS??

Well I need not say it,. your reader knows best.

Page 5 of 38 First ... 4 5 6 15 ... Last