NBA - Page 5 | NBA | PinoyExchange
X

Page 5 of 16 First ... 4 5 6 15 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by vince 15 View Post
    I don't think I like the potential Bayless signing either. I say potential because nobody outside of a Celtics blog has confirmed that a deal has actually been made.
    It's actually Marc Stein of ESPN who originally reported the signing

Quote Originally Posted by zchendevlemh View Post
    It's actually Marc Stein of ESPN who originally reported the signing
    The reports have said that the Bucks are "closing in on a deal" with Bayless. "Closing in on a deal" doesn't make it a completed deal. Remember when everybody was reporting that the Rockets were expecting Bosh to sign the contract shortly after LeBron made his decision public? Last I checked, he ended up staying in Miami.

I'm thinking Bayless ends up in Milwaukee anyway. However, I will only believe it when there is confirmation that the contract has been signed. Stranger things have happened after all.

^^ And so far I can't find any article in the Celticsblog that says "deal sa been made or Bayless signed" they just quoted Stein too.....

The article titled Stein: Bayless to Milwaukee is up to you to interpret

I don't think I like the potential Bayless signing either. I say potential because nobody outside of a Celtics blog has confirmed that a deal has actually been made.

On the one hand, Bayless is an undersized combo guard, who jacks up more shots than he should. Having both Knight and Bayless is just redundant. If he leaves the Celtics, it will be his sixth team in six years. The fact that none of the other five teams kept him for longer than two seasons is a bit concerning to me.

On the other hand, the Bucks do need a guard. The backcourt is horribly thin, so they needed to fill the gap anyway. None of the top free agent point guards left are playmakers. Of that very shallow list, Ridnour is the closest thing to a playmaker, and he's already 33. At least Bayless is only 25, which is old enough to make him a legit veteran presence but also young enough to blend in with the kids.

Bayless isn't a long-term play for the Bucks. I'm hoping we only offer a one-year contract, two years at the most. He'll keep our guards from having to play all 48 minutes each game, and then he can move on after the Bucks draft their lottery pick next year.

I'm still hoping that the master plan is to steal Bledsoe from the Suns, and that Bayless is just insurance in case the Suns match.

Edited to Add:

The silver lining to this is that maybe Kidd really is serious about using Giannis as the PG.
    If this is indeed true, then that probably means that the Giannis Point Guard Project has been given the green light and it will be shifting to full gear soon.

JKidd did wonders to Shaun Livingston's seconds life as a player... let's see if Giannis will be as effective as Livingston.

Bayless can be paired with Giannis at the backcourt, ala JKidd & JJ Barrea from Mavs 2011.

Let us hope that will is the solution to the playmaker dilemma of the Bucks.

This could work after all...

It turns out that Giannis used to play as a point guard in Greece.

Quote Originally Posted by anakniwolverine View Post
    This could work after all...

It turns out that Giannis used to play as a point guard in Greece.
    Yes, he did. He wanted to get some burn at the point guard position last season, but Larry Drew kept making him stand in the corner instead.

Since it is almost impossible for the Bucks to make the playoffs this season, Kidd should use this year to develop Giannis' playmaking skills in the NBA, as well as create two-man Giannis-Jabari offensive plays.

It's a long shot, but I'm dreaming of a playoff berth for this team in the upcoming season. Lol.

Some sports scribes are starting to get intrigued with Giannis' potential. I like his story... Parang old school, ala Scottie Pippen. Walang media hype before getting drafted. Unknown talent. Swerte ng Bucks if he turnouts to be a superstar.

Unlike most players na hyped na agad even before actually playing in the NBA.

Jabari Parker, on the other hand, maski may hype na before getting drafted, looks old school din. Much ang low keyed lang... Doesn't wear gaudy shoes... Hindi flashy dresser, hindi hip hop. Mukhang all business.

Mukhang mas mag-enjoy ako dito sa Bucks kesa sa Nets last season. Bandwagon statement lang. Lol.

At least, I can say that I'm here at the start of Giannis and Parker's career. Mas madaling mag cheer and mas exciting to see them develop as players.

Sa Nets kasi, medyo pilit magcheer para kina KG, PP and DWill. I don't really like them as players, but I had no choice kasi dun naging coach si JKidd.

Giannis was a relatively unknown talent before the draft last year. He has gained some attention, but you are right. He still hasn't gotten much hype outside the local Milwaukee area. He might get some more hype at the FIBA World Cup, especially if he plays point guard for Greece.

The one thing I really like about both Giannis and Jabari is that they have both stated multiple times that they want to be here. They want to make Milwaukee their home and the Bucks a championship contender.

The Bucks might not make the playoffs this year, but they will be relevant for the following reasons.

1) Jabari Parker will be one of the favorites for ROY.
    2) Giannis Antetokounmpo will be a strong candidate for Most Improved Player.
    3) Larry Sanders has the potential to be this year's Comeback Player of the Year.
    4) Worst-case scenario: They're lottery-bound again and will have a high probability of getting the first pick.

Bucks gets a win in summer league.
    Parker with 20 points and 15 rebounds.

Bucks played minus Giannis, who is training with the Greece national team for FIBA World Cup, and Jabari Parker automatically becomes the Bucks' go-to-guy. As expected, Parker responds with a big game.

I could see that he's been holding back on his game and it kinda messes up his equilibrium. He'll be fine once he settles into his role as the team's main man.

The Milwaukee Bucks have been mentioned as a team with interest in Bledsoe, and Sacramento and Houston, which recently traded away Jeremy Lin, could be in the market for a point guard. ESPN.com

The Milwaukee Bucks are said to be more than interested however they have just over $11 million available to them and thatís not going to get it done straight up without a sign and trade deal, which sources close to the Bucks say is absolutely on the table on their side. Basketball Insiders

Mark McClune: Just talked Jerryd Bayless. He says its a done deal w/ Milwaukee #Bucks. 2 year deal. Headed back to Phoenix for #wnba All Star Game Twitter

Glad that Jabari ended Summer League on a good note. The crazy thing is that he had 20 points and 15 rebounds, even though all his other teammates, who were desperate to get signed, played selfishly and didn't give Jabari the ball enough.

On a different note, there are reports that the Bucks are claiming Kendall Marshall off the waivers. This is exactly the move that needed to be made. Marshall is only 22, and is a pass-first point guard. He can also shoot threes at a decent clip. With both Marshall and Bayless added to the roster, our rotation will probably look like this.

PG - Marshall/Wolters/Bayless
    SG - Knight/Mayo/Middleton/Delfino
    SF - Antetokounmpo/Delfino/Inglis
    PF - Parker/Ilyasova/Henson/O'Bryant
    C - Sanders/Pachulia/Henson/Radulijica

The current roster has 16 players, but only 15 can be signed. Inglis or O'Bryant might be sent to the D-League, or a trade/waive or two (involving Mayo, Delfino, Zaza and/or Ilyasova) might be coming up. So long as Marshall, Wolters, Antetokounmpo, Middleton, Inglis, Parker and Sanders are kept, I'll be happy with any other transactions. I wouldn't mind keeping Knight and/or Henson as well.
    Last edited by vince 15; Jul 20, 2014 at 10:05 AM.

Good pick up by the Bucks.

I wasn't sold on Bledsoe. I think Kendall Marshall is a better fit. Bledsoe is a scorer, while Marshall has better court vision... he is a natural point guard.

Marshall would be a nice pick-up.They now have 4 players that can play the point,I think that would be enough.

Btw, talunan and vince,you guys interested in bringing back Pantasya?with fewer GMs perhaps?

What I like about the roster is that it's long. I've talked about how our front court rotation averages around 6'10" in height. Our guards have size as well. None of our guards are shorter than 6'3". Knight and Bayless are 6'3". Wolters, Marshall and Mayo are 6'4". Delfino is 6'6", and Middleton is 6'8". And if Giannis plays PG/SG, that's a 6'11" guard right there!

beedjhey - I'm absolutely down to bring it back. The last two years were just too busy for me. I've got time to be commish again. Do you know if the other managers are still interested?
    Last edited by vince 15; Jul 21, 2014 at 02:00 AM.

beedjhey - I'm absolutely down to bringing it back. The last two years were just too busy for me. I've got time to be commish again. Do you know if the other managers are still interested?
    Interested as well. If you guys put up a thread, then I'll post my intentions and things that we should tinker from the previous rules (meaning: simpler rules.)

@Milwaukee

Kendall Marshall is a decent point guard. They need someone defensive minded for their guards though. Jabari is the odds on favorite to win ROY, btw.

The Bucks are adding a former Bucks player in their coaching staff.

Gary Payton was seen with JKidd at the Summer League.
    Jerry Stackhouse is also being considered for the position.
    But JKidd said that the next assistant coach will be someone unexpected...

Will it be Ray Allen?

Who will it be?

Speaking of new...

New uniforms for Bucks for this season.

They tweaked the fonts.
    I've always liked the red alternate jersey.
    Last edited by anakniwolverine; Jul 21, 2014 at 08:55 AM.

Glad that Jabari ended Summer League on a good note. The crazy thing is that he had 20 points and 15 rebounds, even though all his other teammates, who were desperate to get signed, played selfishly and didn't give Jabari the ball enough.

On a different note, there are reports that the Bucks are claiming Kendall Marshall off the waivers. This is exactly the move that needed to be made. Marshall is only 22, and is a pass-first point guard. He can also shoot threes at a decent clip. With both Marshall and Bayless added to the roster, our rotation will probably look like this.

PG - Marshall/Wolters/Bayless
    SG - Knight/Mayo/Middleton/Delfino
    SF - Antetokounmpo/Delfino/Inglis
    PF - Parker/Ilyasova/Henson/O'Bryant
    C - Sanders/Pachulia/Henson/Radulijica

The current roster has 16 players, but only 15 can be signed. Inglis or O'Bryant might be sent to the D-League, or a trade/waive or two (involving Mayo, Delfino, Zaza and/or Ilyasova) might be coming up. So long as Marshall, Wolters, Antetokounmpo, Middleton, Inglis, Parker and Sanders are kept, I'll be happy with any other transactions. I wouldn't mind keeping Knight and/or Henson as well.
    Absolutely love the Marshall signing. I've wanted him in New York; this guy is a classic point guard. Pass First, team first basketball. I wish he starts right off the bat. He's gonna find Jabari in his sweet spots - throw lobs to Sanders and Greek Freak - and find the open man like Ilyasova for 3. Kendall's bounce pass off the pick and roll is also a thing of beauty, he's one of the best in the game at that.

I love the idea of Greek Freak getting some PG duties, but he's best suited as a Point-Forward imo. Jason Kidd should allow him to have some freedom and make plays from time to time. The setup could be sort of like how Orlando did it with Turkoglu and Jameer. Nelson was obviously the PG of the team, but Turkoglu had his fair share of plays - actually initiated majority of Orlando's plays. This time around though, I see Marshall having a more proactive role, but Giannis will still be given a chance to facilitate.

Maybe they can play Knight as a Super 6th Man? or Start at SG and let Mayo be the Super 6th.

Oh, Vince, I noticed you always peg Parker at the 4. Don't get me wrong, I believe he can play the 4 at some point in his career, kinda like how Melo has been playing PF the past 3 years. But right now tho, I see him more of a 3. He's not at the level where he can play the 4 full-time. I like him at the 3, but again, it will depend on what kind of system Kidd will be implementing. Also, the other starters would have to be figured out too. I think offensively, Ilyasova at the 4 and Parker at the 3 would be great. That would mean Giannis at the 2, Marshall or Knight at 1. Funny thing is, I'm sure that either of our line up projections will be implemented at some point in the season/in games. The roster is flexible enough to make this happen.

Page 5 of 16 First ... 4 5 6 15 ... Last