Milwaukee Bucks Thread: Fear the Deer - Page 4 | NBA | PinoyExchange

Page 4 of 16 First ... 3 4 5 14 ... Last
    Parker looked good against the Cavs three nights ago, but he looked fatigued against the Suns last night. The stats make it appear like he had a decent game with 11 points and 11 rebounds, but there were multiple occasions when he was too slow on defense. Since he is Mormon, it couldn't have been him being exhausted from having a late night out in Vegas. The real problem is his conditioning.

With that said, the Bucks need to get a trainer just for Jabari. They should be attached at the hip so Jabari is constantly working out and getting fitter. Otherwise, he's going to hit that rookie wall earlier than most of his peers.

Giannis, on the other hand, has shown incredible improvement so far. He exudes confidence and has been a lot more aggressive than he was last year. With a weak East and him being such a likable guy, he just might break the East All-Star team within the next two seasons.

That Curry kid can shoot like his brother!
    Burned the Bucks earlier.

Jabari Parker had a sub-par game on offense. He didn't look smooth on offense yesterday. He should play better once he settles down to his role with the Bucks.
    And yeah... I guess it's too early to say if he'll be an effective defender.

Wolters doesn't cut it for me.
    He's fine, but I don't see him controlling the tempo of the game.
    Wolters should learn to where Parker's sweet spots are. He'll be a good backup point guard.

O'Bryant reminds of Brandon Bass. He's hardworking, but I think he's undersized to be a center in the NBA.

Giannis can create mismatch for the Bucks, but he must learn to control his game. I'm afraid he'll be called for a charge whenever he drives. Nakakatakot... parang magkakalas-kalas ang buto pag mag drive. Hehehehe.

i wish we can see Inglis in the Summer League. The Bucks will be loooong with Inglis & Giannis.

The Bulls' Doug Mcdermott looked good against the Nuggets yesterday.
    I want to see Parker with that kind of scorer's mindset.

Seth Curry is a lights out shooter. It's unfortunate that injuries prevented him from becoming a dominant player in the NCAA. He'll ultimately get to penetrate a team's rotation. It's just a matter of when that will happen.

It's difficult to evaluate a playmaking point guard based on summer league games because they don't exactly run the team's set plays. There's a lot of isolation plays and the other guys playing on the teams don't even know how the offense really works. Nate exceeded expectations last season. With a retired point guard as his coach, he will only get better. But you're right. As of right now, he would make a below average starting point guard.

O'Bryant is not going to be a center. Fortunately, we have Sanders and Henson to man that spot. And Zaza, although I hope they trade him soon.

There's less pressure on McBuckets since people don't expect him to be a star. Jabari just needs to calm down and not try too hard.

Gery Woelfel: Told the Bucks might announce their new partial owners soon, possibly as soon as tomorrow. Twitter @GeryWoelfel

Gary Payton is being considered for the coaching staff.

Gery Woelfel: Bucks are still shopping Ilyasova and, as an NBA official added "shopping him hard." Twitter @GeryWoelfel

Q.What about Larry Sanders, and can he bounce back after his disastrous 2013-'14 season? And can he control his emotions on the floor? Jason Kidd. Yeah. I think it starts with being healthy. Two, he's here working out. When you look at that and being gone for five months, he's here with his teammates.

That's the start. He's been great. He's talking. He wants to be a leader. He cares. He's talking to the young guys at practice, taking them to dinner (Friday). That shows his leadership. Tyson (Chandler) off the floor is great but when he gets on the floor he gets into his warrior mentality. Sometimes you play with that spirit and it's all being able to control it, making sure mentally you don't get taken out of the game. There's always going to be a call you feel you didn't get. But just stay in the moment, and hopefully that's what I can get across.

- Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Q.Can O.J. Mayo return to form after his dismal initial season in Milwaukee?

A. I haven't had any discussions yet with him, but we're looking to talk in the next couple days. I think the big thing with O.J. — I've known him since he was in high school — and he's a great kid, loves the game of basketball. I don't know exactly what happened with him last year. But when you look at him playing in Memphis, playing in Dallas, he was playing at a very high level. That's our job, is to get him back there. He can score the ball. He can shoot the ball as well as anybody in the league.

Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

There's no way the season starts with Ilyasova still on the roster. They're so desperate to unload him for some assets that Kidd is starting to sound like a used car salesman with the way he keeps talking about Ersan. Hopefully, a contender will be willing to let go of a first round pick or a couple of second rounders. He'll make an awesome 8th/9th man on a deep team.

As much as I'd rather have most of the minutes be given to the youngsters, they just don't have enough guards to have a starting lineup of all 25-and-unders. Very excited about the starting front court, though!

PG - Knight/Wolters
    SG - Mayo/Delfino
    SF - Antetokounmpo/Inglis
    PF - Parker/Henson/O'Bryant III
    C - Sanders/Pachulia

Edited to Add:

So Giannis is playing point guard right now. There's hope for him at least being the starting shooting guard yet! Trade Mayo, Delfino, Pachulia and Ilyasova for picks and cap space, and then sign Bledsoe!
    Last edited by vince 15; Jul 15, 2014 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vince 15 View Post
    There's no way the season starts with Ilyasova still on the roster. They're so desperate to unload him for some assets that Kidd is starting to sound like a used car salesman with the way he keeps talking about Ersan. Hopefully, a contender will be willing to let go of a first round pick or a couple of second rounders. He'll make an awesome 8th/9th man on a deep team.

As much as I'd rather have most of the minutes be given to the youngsters, they just don't have enough guards to have a starting lineup of all 25-and-unders. Very excited about the starting front court, though!

PG - Knight/Wolters
    SG - Mayo/Delfino
    SF - Antetokounmpo/Inglis
    PF - Parker/Henson/O'Bryant III
    C - Sanders/Pachulia

Edited to Add:

So Giannis is playing point guard right now. There's hope for him at least being the starting shooting guard yet! Trade Mayo, Delfino, Pachulia and Ilyasova for picks and cap space, and then sign Bledsoe!
    Yeah, I like Giannis at the 2. That's going to be a nightmare matchup for any 2 guard in the league.

I want Jabari Parker to play the 3. He's best fit there. I dunno if Henson will be coming into the season with a more polished midrange jumper, but if he can add that, I can see him starting at the 4. I'm really inclined with Stretch 4s in a system, especially one featuring a center like Larry Sanders. I don't think the frontcourt will function well without a stretch 4.

Parker isn't ready to play the 4 yet I think. Want to see him play a full season at SF first.

Gery Woelfel: Jerry Stackhouse is drawing serious consideration as an asst. coach for Bucks. Stackhouse was a fan favorite as Bucks player. Twitter @GeryWoelfel

Chris Mannix: Nets were interested in doing a sign and trade w/Clippers involving Pierce but wanted a third team to take Clips players back, per sources. Twitter @ChrisMannixSI

Rivers also said that he would have liked to bring in Paul Pierce, who helped him win a championship in 2008 and played under Rivers for nine seasons in Boston. Pierce wanted to come home to LA, but the financials did not line up, and he wound up going to the Wizards.

“We talked a lot,” Rivers said. “Quite honestly, a sign-and-trade just wasn’t possible. That would be great, but Paul ends up in Washington and that’s great for him. But clearly, we have a relationship — and he has a relationship with LA, that is where he is from. That would have been great. But it just couldn’t happen. They’re in a tough situation because they have so much money — 100 million (payroll). So they can’t take on any more salary and a sign-and-trade would mean they’re taking on more salary. They literally just cannot do it. We knew it would be hard. We tried every avenue and it just wouldn’t work.” Sporting News

Giannis at 2,Jabari at 3, Henson at 4 then Sanders at 5.Ang hahaba ng galamay ng mga yan.

Every time Kidd is seen with a retired NBA player, Gery Woelfel tweets about them being "seriously considered" for an assistant coach role. First it was Payton. Now, it's Stackhouse. He just wants to be the first person to speculate so that he can take credit for breaking the news if it does happen. He needs to do his job better and not post for the sake of posting.

If for some reason, the Bucks aren't able to trade Ilyasova and they go the Giannis at the 2 route, I would start Ilyasova at the 4. Both Parker and Henson have conditioning issues, so I don't want both of them on the court to start games. Besides, I expect Ilyasova, being the veteran, to have the better court awareness to let Antetokounmpo and Parker do their thing. I'm afraid that Henson would just get in the way.

If you aren't already a Giannis "Greek Freak" Antetokounmpo fan, this highlight reel will make you one! We've got a budding superstar in this 19-year old, 6'11" point forward!

Quote Originally Posted by Zep_Tepi View Post
    Gary Payton is being considered for the coaching staff.
    What the??? mukhang nauso na mga nba players suddenly becoming head coach

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
    ESPN sources say Milwaukee Bucks are closing in on a deal with free-agent guard Jerryd Bayless

Hmm, I'm torn between the Bayless signing.

He's an OK back-up PG, but I still believe the team needs a natural point guard. I'm not confident that Brandon Knight is THE GUY to lead this Bucks team.

I always liked Ilyasova, and if he ends up staying with the Bucks, I'd like him to start as well. He's a stretch 4, and he'll definitely complement Larry Sanders. They just need to stay healthy.

I'm surprised that Milwaukee isn't trying to acquire a natural point guard yet. You'd have to think that with Jason Kidd at the helm, he'd want a very good PG to run the show. But again, that's easier said than done.

Surprised about Bayless signing I know he's cheap... but they could have save the money and probablly get Jameer Nelson
    a veteran PG and he definitely cans shoot 3s
    If they got a cap space which I think they do, why not chase Bledsoe, not really sure whether Bledsoe will like to join the Bucks

I don't think I like the potential Bayless signing either. I say potential because nobody outside of a Celtics blog has confirmed that a deal has actually been made.

On the one hand, Bayless is an undersized combo guard, who jacks up more shots than he should. Having both Knight and Bayless is just redundant. If he leaves the Celtics, it will be his sixth team in six years. The fact that none of the other five teams kept him for longer than two seasons is a bit concerning to me.

On the other hand, the Bucks do need a guard. The backcourt is horribly thin, so they needed to fill the gap anyway. None of the top free agent point guards left are playmakers. Of that very shallow list, Ridnour is the closest thing to a playmaker, and he's already 33. At least Bayless is only 25, which is old enough to make him a legit veteran presence but also young enough to blend in with the kids.

Bayless isn't a long-term play for the Bucks. I'm hoping we only offer a one-year contract, two years at the most. He'll keep our guards from having to play all 48 minutes each game, and then he can move on after the Bucks draft their lottery pick next year.

I'm still hoping that the master plan is to steal Bledsoe from the Suns, and that Bayless is just insurance in case the Suns match.

Edited to Add:

The silver lining to this is that maybe Kidd really is serious about using Giannis as the PG.

Page 4 of 16 First ... 3 4 5 14 ... Last