Milwaukee Bucks Thread: Fear the Deer - Page 2 | NBA | PinoyExchange

X

Page 2 of 17 First 1 2 3 12 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by talunan08 View Post
    @vince_15

Dude, good luck on your new role. I saw it in my feed.

@topic

This is a very promising team. I heard Giannis is still growing now around 6'10'' or 6'11''. Reports are saying Jabari is more NBA-ready than anyone in the draft. I think they are a few years away from contention but it has a solid young core. I'm not sold on Brandon Knight and Mayo as their starting guards though.
    Thanks, dude. Loving it so far.

Mayo's being shopped. So long as anybody is interested, he's as good as gone. Knight was great last season, but he's not a point guard. I'm guessing Kidd will try to turn Nate Wolters into the next Goran Dragic.

Quote Originally Posted by SamtheMan View Post
    So who'll play the 4 spot? Giannis? The Greak Freek is continuously growing but he'll need to bulk up soon.
    Giannis at the 3 and Jabari at the 4, with Henson coming off the bench after Larry Sanders returns.

Quote Originally Posted by LeBroom View Post
    I like Giannis at the 2.

Knight
    Greek Freak
    Parker
    Ilyasova
    Sanders

WHO CAN SCORE OVER GIANNIS?! Exciting team.
    I would say...

PG - Wolters/Sessions/Knight
    SG - Knight/Middleton/Delfino
    SF - Antetokounmpo/Parker/Delfino
    PF - Parker/Ilyasova/Henson/Inglis
    C - Sanders/Henson/Pachulia/Raduljica

I have a feeling that Sessions, Delfino, Ilyasova and Pachulia will be traded for younger players or draft picks, though.

Quote Originally Posted by YoonJay18 View Post
    The first Bucks @ Nets game will require national TV coverage.

I can't say good luck to his new job, but I am simply wishing Jason Kidd won't screw up this young core of Milwaukee.

Well, I do want him to screw up, though.
    Great for the Bucks since they rarely get national coverage. Haha.

As a fan of the Bucks, I appreciate you not wishing ill will on the players. None of this was their fault.

Quote Originally Posted by vince 15 View Post
    Thanks, dude. Loving it so far.

Mayo's being shopped. So long as anybody is interested, he's as good as gone. Knight was great last season, but he's not a point guard. I'm guessing Kidd will try to turn Nate Wolters into the next Goran Dragic.
    When the Bucks chose someone from Duke I knew who influenced Hammond to take him.

A bit unfortunate for Mayo. I liked him when he was a HS phenom up until his USC days. His "potential" didn't pan out in the PROs.

When the Bucks chose someone from Duke I knew who influenced Hammond to take him.

A bit unfortunate for Mayo. I liked him when he was a HS phenom up until his USC days. His "potential" didn't pan out in the PROs.
    Damn, I loved Mayo's game. I'm still holding some hope for him, but it's fading more and more as each season passes by.

Really hoping that this team gets back on track as of one of the East's elite squads. It was fun watching them during the years when Jesus, Big Dog, Cassell and Redd were on board.

Interesting to see this young core for the upcoming season. I like the JKidd signing.

Knight/Wolters
    Middleton/Mayo
    Parker/Delfino
    Giannis/Ilyasova
    Sanders/Henson/Pachulia

Poor Larry Drew.Not sure if Sessions will retain. Hope Delfino will. Mayo could have a good season this yr if he'll stay.

Im in!!! I'm disappointed with what kidd did in BKN but its already done! Goodluck with the nets.

Just wondering wala ba cap space ang bucks to go after big names? Though i know they won't even consider coz small market and young squad ang Bucks.

Not expecting too much but 20 more wins from last season would be enough.

Kidd would be an excellent mentor to this young bucks guards like knight and wolters.

Pasakay na rin ako sa Bucks bandwagon.

Kung mabibigyan ako ng chance, bukod sa lakers, gusto kong manood ng live sa bucks game para makita ko man lang sana si mallory edens.. ^_^

Haha. Had nothing to do with it at all.

Damn, I loved Mayo's game. I'm still holding some hope for him, but it's fading more and more as each season passes by.
    Fans are speculating that he decided to tank individually when he realized that the team wasn't going anywhere last season. Let's see if he recovers from his worst season yet.

Quote Originally Posted by nets View Post
    Just wondering wala ba cap space ang bucks to go after big names? Though i know they won't even consider coz small market and young squad ang Bucks.
    Insiders have mentioned that the Bucks are going after Bledsoe, Lin and/or Vasquez. One of them specifically mentioned that the Bucks were working on sending an offer to Bledsoe. The Suns will most likely match whatever the amount is, but the Bucks should try anyway. Bledsoe would be a great addition to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by vinsux View Post
    Kung mabibigyan ako ng chance, bukod sa lakers, gusto kong manood ng live sa bucks game para makita ko man lang sana si mallory edens.. ^_^
    Kung gusto mo makita si Mallory, sa Knicks ka manood. She lives in New York. Haha.

^^

I'm not buying the personal tank job that Mayo supposedly did. I always believed in his talent -- heck, I even fooled myself into thinking that he was just trying to pace his career and parallel it with Kobe Bryant's. The way that he didn't really break out until x number of years in the league. But now? Time is ticking on him. OJ Mayo needs to get it together. He may never be the Top 5 SG that I thought he would be, but he can still be an impact player.

I want Mayo to thrive with Jabari and Giannis. Maybe he can be a Super 6th man ala JR Smith - but better.

I've been dreaming of a JKidd-JLin mentorship since 2010.

Dallas didn't sign Lin eventhough Lin brought the house down in the summer league.

And after a couple of years, Linsanity happened in NY. JKidd signed with NY, but Houston snatched Lin.

And now this...
    Kidd will be coaching the Bucks and news has it that they might bring in Lin.

Dear basketball Gods,
    Please make this happen...

^^

I'm not buying the personal tank job that Mayo supposedly did. I always believed in his talent -- heck, I even fooled myself into thinking that he was just trying to pace his career and parallel it with Kobe Bryant's. The way that he didn't really break out until x number of years in the league. But now? Time is ticking on him. OJ Mayo needs to get it together. He may never be the Top 5 SG that I thought he would be, but he can still be an impact player.

I want Mayo to thrive with Jabari and Giannis. Maybe he can be a Super 6th man ala JR Smith - but better.
    He will either be gone before he even gets the chance to be a super 6th man, or he'll be stuck in Kidd's doghouse for not performing up to fans' expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by anakniwolverine View Post
    I've been dreaming of a JKidd-JLin mentorship since 2010.

Dallas didn't sign Lin eventhough Lin brought the house down in the summer league.

And after a couple of years, Linsanity happened in NY. JKidd signed with NY, but Houston snatched Lin.

And now this...
    Kidd will be coaching the Bucks and news has it that they might bring in Lin.

Dear basketball Gods,
    Please make this happen...
    I don't think the basketball Gods are listening to you. It is looking like he's headed to Philly soon.

Quote Originally Posted by vince 15 View Post
    I don't think the basketball Gods are listening to you. It is looking like he's headed to Philly soon.
    Drats! Foiled again.
    Not giving up hope yet.

No deal yet, according to Sixers GM...

"We are active in conversations with a lot of teams and a lot of agents," Hinkie said. "Sometimes that leads to transactions and sometimes it doesn't. It will be interesting to see how the next few days play out.

“The best players in the NBA, just like the best people in any market, want to work with great people. They want to be around greatness wherever they can find it. It won't surprise me if that becomes a big part of what we hear about in the next few days."

Crossing my fingers.

Anyways...
    I'm intrigued with the Bucks' 1-2 punch.
    I think Jabari Parker is a future All Star.
    Last edited by anakniwolverine; Jul 11, 2014 at 03:14 AM.

It's important to note that Morey and Hinkie are tight. Lin will be headed to Philly as long as Morey is willing to cough up those picks.

I want Lin in Milwaukee though. I don't want Lin to be featured as a Tank Commander in Philly. Plus, they have MCW anyway.

What happens to Knight though if Lin heads to Milwaukee? I know Jason Kidd loves Lin - he actually SIGNED IN NEW YORK with the notion that he was going to mentor Linsanity. If Jason Kidd pushes for a Lin trade, I think it can be done.

Rumors are that Milwaukee is trying to trade for Roy Hibbert. Package involves Larry Sanders and OJ Mayo.

@[email protected]

Not sure what I feel about this guy:

Either way, if Milwaukee can field this starting line-up this season, I can see them making the playoffs.

Lin
    Parker
    Greek Freak
    Ilyasova
    Hibbert/Sanders

I don't know if I'll be happy if they bring in Hibbert, but I'm not that solved with Sanders either. Maybe Hibbert can prove himself here and Sanders can be disciplined by bird in Indy.

About Lin? Hate him when he's playing hero ball, maybe Kidd can do something about that if we got him.

JLin was tasked to score by Coach Pringles because nobody else was scoring in NY.
    JKidd won't require Lin to do much scoring if he comes to Milwaukee. Lin can be a facilitator, not necessarily a creator, for the Bucks.

JKidd can teach JLin to be less erratic,
    I believe he has the capacity to learn from Kidd how to slow down and see the play even before it happens.

Not sure about the possible Hibbert-Sanders trade, but Hibbert needs to be shipped out of Indiana and I think he will be able to bring stability to the young Bucks team on defense.

It's important to note that Morey and Hinkie are tight. Lin will be headed to Philly as long as Morey is willing to cough up those picks.

I want Lin in Milwaukee though. I don't want Lin to be featured as a Tank Commander in Philly. Plus, they have MCW anyway.

What happens to Knight though if Lin heads to Milwaukee? I know Jason Kidd loves Lin - he actually SIGNED IN NEW YORK with the notion that he was going to mentor Linsanity. If Jason Kidd pushes for a Lin trade, I think it can be done.
    The only real reason I want Lin in Milwaukee is that it will increase the Bucks' fanbase. Most of the Aussie fans who supported the Bucks because of Bogut have become lifelong Bucks fans. There are still some, although very minimal, Chinese Bucks fans because of Yi Jianlian. Asians and Harvard alumni would flock to the arena to watch Lin play every night.

I guess to a certain extent, I also still have hope that Kidd could coach Lin into addressing his weaknesses and becoming a borderline perennial all-star, at the very least.

As far as Knight is concerned, although he's short for the position, his skills are more suited for the role of shooting guard. He could either be the starting shooting guard or the super-sub combo guard.

Rumors are that Milwaukee is trying to trade for Roy Hibbert. Package involves Larry Sanders and OJ Mayo.

@[email protected]

Not sure what I feel about this guy:

http://i61.tinypic.com/feoq6b.png

Either way, if Milwaukee can field this starting line-up this season, I can see them making the playoffs.

Lin
    Parker
    Greek Freak
    Ilyasova
    Hibbert/Sanders
    Probably not gonna happen. Sanders was great two seasons ago, but his stock right now is at its lowest. Teams are not willing to trade starter caliber players for him right now. The Bucks need to hold on to him until he regains his trade value.

Besides, the Bucks need players who can grow and develop with Jabari and Giannis. Larry Sanders (25, turning 26 this year) is almost seven years older than these guys. Hibbert is even older than Sanders. By the time Jabari and Giannis are ready to lead the team deep into the playoffs - maybe in five years - Sanders will be 31 and Hibbert 33. I definitely can't see Hibbert's game holding up that long... especially after the disaster of a postseason he just had.

As much as I want to see the Bucks back in the playoffs, I don't want them making it because they signed/traded for veterans who will be on the decline when our young guys are ready to play in May/June every year. If the team really wants to get a new starting center, they should be going after young centers like Drummond, Vucevic or Valanciunas.

Don't forget! We get to see these two guys face each other for the first time as NBA players today. The game starts at 8:00 PM ET.

Lin is off the market. I wonder who Milwaukee will get as their new starting PG - or will they roll with Knight?

I still think Kidd will be asking for a PG he can mold. Rubio anyone? What if Minny is going full rebuild when they trade Love, they might want to reset. Dunno what the Bucks can offer for Rubio though but he would be PERFECT in Milwaukee.

I prefer that the Bucks keep Sanders too. I believe he can bounce back. As for Hibbert, I truly believe this guy has serious confidence issues. Worst playoff starter in NBA History, goddamn.

Page 2 of 17 First 1 2 3 12 ... Last