NBA - Page 4 | NBA | PinoyExchange
Page 4 of 32 First ... 3 4 5 14 ... Last
    si kawhi na lang kunin niyo. mag-excel yung sa SF playing with KObe in the latter's last year. sa SG nag-excel si Butler. Marc Gasol or Aldridge pa mga no.1 option talaga. No. 2 option at best si Butler.

Leave Jimmy Butler alone.

Quote Originally Posted by gelodude View Post
    si kawhi na lang kunin niyo. mag-excel yung sa SF playing with KObe in the latter's last year. sa SG nag-excel si Butler. Marc Gasol or Aldridge pa mga no.1 option talaga. No. 2 option at best si Butler.

Leave Jimmy Butler alone.
    hindi kakayanin ni Kawhi ang pressure sa Lakers,
    pero yung D'Angelo Russell kayang kaya yan.

^ mas ok na option nga si d'angelo kaysa kay okafor,who is unathletic.

if ever si russell ang draft target ng L A, eh di ang free agent target niyo ay mga bigs na (Marc Gasol or Aldridge). so safe si Jimmy

Mas magandang sumugal sa free agency na kumuha ng bigs kesa sa draft na untested. Baka maging Sam Bowie lang ang mga yan. Get LMA or Gasol then take Russell in the draft.

Reke-Steph-Rose-Davis ZackAttack's Avatar
    I hope Lakers get Russel, Kobe can guide him and Clarkson. Just get a big in the Free Agency.

sa lahat ng FA na BIG si MGasol talga trip ko na mag sign sa lakers. In Mitch we trust

Hanggang ngayon di pa rin nakapagworkout si town sa lakers.....

mukhang wala balak kunin ng lakers si town.

mas gusto ko rin si russel kesa kay okafor.

if we can get jimmy butler, marc gasol or lamarcus, wow.

goodbye na ba kay jordan hill? pwede pa siguro ito as a reserve, he's a good defender in the paint plus yung energy at hustle andun. pero overpaid talaga siya, dapat $4-5 mil lang ito hindi 9 mil..

^ the exit of JHill is obvious. it would easy their cap space.

ang dami naman ng wishlist ng LALakers. add GMonroe to the list. but it is unrealistic unless they are looking to build a big 4. they already have KB24 and NYzero.

plus, it is already set that they will draft a rookie center in either JOkafor or KTowns.

ano iyan ...... GMMKupchak is looking have a triple tower threat? it is simple, they are making it known that LAL is after 1 or 2 centers. one marquee veteran and a prospective rookie.

so mas prefer ni Towns sa TWolves kesa sa lakers?

Demarcus Cousins was linked in so many rumors especially to the purple and gold.

Can they trade the no.2 pick for DMC?

Let's see.

Demarcus can maximize his skills if he will be shift to the City of Angels, right or wrong?

The Lakers will not be a title contender this coming season. The Free Agency in 2016 and 2017 is more loaded that this summer. I hope Mitch and Jim won't give in to the "LAKERS BRAND" pressure of getting back in contention the quickest time possible. That's not how things work anymore, things have changed.

For this summer, here's what I am hoping the Lakers do:

1.DRAFT JAHLIL OKAFOR WITH THE #2 PICK
    - This guy is gonna be the best player in this batch. Not Towns. Not Russell. The media and the people are picking him apart coz of his poor defense, poor free throw and perimeter shooting and that his style of play is already obsolete, back to the basket bigs are no longer effective in the NBA. Trust me, Big Jah will change all of that perception when he goes to the Lakers. Heck, even if he doesn't end up with the purple and gold, I still think he will be better than all of his batch mates. Offensively polished at the post at 19 years old. Think about it. Having Kobe pushing him to be better and Byron's hardcore summer camp and Mark Madsen teaching him will do wonders for this kid.

2. DRAFT JUSTIN ANDERSON / JERIAN GRANT / TYUS JONES AT #27 (IF THEY ARE STILL AVAILABLE)
    - Justin Anderson is a good 3 and D guy to develop along with Randle, Clarkson and Okafor, his shot needs a lot of work but he is a good defender. Long shot that he is still there at #27.
    - Jerian Grant is a smart point guard and is polished offensively. Long shot that he'll be available at #27 tho.
    - Tyus Jones is one hell of a heady point guard who's got a great feel of the game and is not afraid of the big moments plus he'll also help Jahlil adjust to the NBA level, they are good friends. Only thing that scares me with Jones is his size at the NBA level.

3. DRAFT/STASH AT #34
    - Mitch has already said that having three rookies to go along with developing players in Randle and Clarkson will be difficult for the Lakers. About time for the Lakers to go this route and draft a player and have him develop in Europe. If that player is ripe for the picking, his salary will be cheap and will give them options in spending.

4. TRY TO SIGN TYSON CHANDLER AT A REASONABLE PRICE
    - great veteran presence who can help Okafor and Randle develop their defensive game.

5. GIVE CLARKSON THE STARTING PG SPOT AND GET A VETERAN PG LIKE MO WILLIAMS AS BACK UP

6. STEAL DEMARRE CARROLL OR JIMMY BUTLER
    - Signing Carroll at 10-12M for 4 years would be okay but if Mitch can work his magic and snag Butler from the Bulls, that's better. LOL. Tho having Butler in a Lakers uniform this summer is impossible, offering him a QO and letting him know that they are interested in having him might work next year. Butler and his camp might force the Bulls to trade him or just sign a 1-year deal and be a UFA next summer.

7. RETAIN ED DAVIS AND TARIK BLACK AT A DISCOUNT
    - the Lakers would still need front court guys to help Okafor develop and adjust in the NBA level. Ed Davis is a good second or third option at the 5 spot, works hard and does plays within his role. Tarik Black is a steal, he is a good energy guy.

8. STAY AWAY FROM RONDO, LOVE AND DEMARCUS COUSINS
    - no words needed to explain this.

The Lakers are three to four years away from becoming title contenders again. Best thing to do this summer is build a roster that will be enticing enough for superstar FA's to consider signing with them.

If they can manage to put together a roster that can compete for the 8th seed in the West, it's all great. They don't have a lottery pick next year so they should avoid tanking.

With a team that can compete for the 8th seed, 2016 big FA's like Durant and Conley will consider joining this team.

Even if they strike out in 2016, they can still build their roster and try again in 2017 with Westbrook.

Kobe will be off the books next summer and their cap space will be enticing for big FA's and add to the fact the increase of the cap space in 2017.

I hope the front office won't be pressured to put a title contending roster in an instant. It's not gonna work. It's not gonna happen. Develop their young assets and acquire more so they can have a good pitch in the 2016 and 2017 free agency.

Julius Randle will be a damn good player in this league. He'll be better than Draymond Green and will be at par with Blake Griffin. Might be the Lakers' new Lamar Odom only with more tenacity and toughness only with lesser ball handling and passing skills. Dude can bring the ball court to court, attack from the perimeter, shown good perimeter game in the summer league and pre-season. If he continues to develop that outside shot and his handles, he'll be a superstar.

Jahlil Okafor on the other hand, can give you 15-8 as a rookie. His defense will be better as years go by.

Not sure on Clarkson. Showed a lot of promise in the second half of last season but its on a bad team. I hope to see him show the same in a better team and with opponents defending him well.

so would they give the number 2 for cousins???

clarkson
    wade
    kobe
    randle
    cousins

????

@vanilla. I'm curious as why you think Cousins, arguably the best C in the league if not at least a top 5 should be avoided?

@dwill I agree that DMC is a Top 5 center today but I dont see him maturing soon enough and I am not sure that the current state of the Lakers have the proper environment/culture to get him straightened up.

Plus trading for him means giving up any or two of the team's young and most valuable assets which are the #2 pick, Julius Randle and Jordan Clarkson which is kind of crazy right now.

I'd rather have them stick to their young talents and let them develop and acquire more assets to become a competitive squad with a lot of flexibility to entice superstr FA's in the next two years.

And while DMC's contract will absolutely be a steal with the cap spiking up, superstar FAs might think twice of joining the Lakers given him childish and volatile attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by deronwilliams08 View Post
    @vanilla. I'm curious as why you think Cousins, arguably the best C in the league if not at least a top 5 should be avoided?
    Quote Originally Posted by deronwilliams08 View Post
    What's the update on Randle?
    Higj chance of him joining the Summer League squad in Las Vegas. Last time I read a story about him, he's been cleared for 3-on-3 on court activities. He also trimmed down and looks quicker.

I'm jusy hopinh he stays healthy as I see a lot of potential in him. If he pans out, he'll definitely be better than Draymond Green.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla_Gorilla View Post
    @dwill I agree that DMC is a Top 5 center today but I dont see him maturing soon enough and I am not sure that the current state of the Lakers have the proper environment/culture to get him straightened up.

Plus trading for him means giving up any or two of the team's young and most valuable assets which are the #2 pick, Julius Randle and Jordan Clarkson which is kind of crazy right now.

I'd rather have them stick to their young talents and let them develop and acquire more assets to become a competitive squad with a lot of flexibility to entice superstr FA's in the next two years.

And while DMC's contract will absolutely be a steal with the cap spiking up, superstar FAs might think twice of joining the Lakers given him childish and volatile attitude.
    In other basketball universe, that makes sense.
    Unfortunately, that's not how the Lakers brass think like.
    They want to contend as early as possible.
    They believe that the easiest way to contend is through the veteran players, and so they will use whatever young asset they have to get them.
    You can not blame them too.
    Clippers and Warriors are becoming more and more relevant.
    The Lakers cannot lose their advantage over the other Cali teams.
    They are California.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla_Gorilla View Post

I don't think the DMC deal is that bad.

From what I read (and assuming it's true), the Lakers are going to part with the #2 pick, get Cousins AND the Kings' 6th pick. Orlando is also involved in the deal (Magic gets the #2 pick, sends Vucecic to Sactown). If the Lakers are not going to part with Randle and/or Clarkson in that deal, I don't see why the Lakers wont do the trade. They also get the chance to snag a quality wing or PG at #6.

Now about Cousins' bad rep, it's true that he has some locker room issues but that owes to immaturity more than anything else. I don't see why Kobe or the Lakers' culture can't change that mindset. If you'll ask me, I'll take Cousins' attitude over Dwight Pussy Coward all day. The issue has also been overblown as of late because George Karl seems to be not getting along with DMC. But if you're familiar with Karl's coaching rep, he has been labeled as a "snake" so many times in his career. Ask Melo and JR Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess24 View Post
    I don't think the DMC deal is that bad.

From what I read (and assuming it's true), the Lakers are going to part with the #2 pick, get Cousins AND the Kings' 6th pick. Orlando is also involved in the deal (Magic gets the #2 pick, sends Vucecic to Sactown). If the Lakers are not going to part with Randle and/or Clarkson in that deal, I don't see why the Lakers wont do the trade. They also get the chance to snag a quality wing or PG at #6.

Now about Cousins' bad rep, it's true that he has some locker room issues but that owes to immaturity more than anything else. I don't see why Kobe or the Lakers' culture can't change that mindset. If you'll ask me, I'll take Cousins' attitude over Dwight Pussy Coward all day. The issue has also been overblown as of late because George Karl seems to be not getting along with DMC. But if you're familiar with Karl's coaching rep, he has been labeled as a "snake" so many times in his career. Ask Melo and JR Smith.
    From what I've read, it will only be DMC and there's a smaller chance for the Kings to include their 6th pick. But if they can do the #2 and Clarkson plus fillers for DMC and #6, that would be great but Mitch needs to be the Jedi Master that he is and The Godfather to pull that off, if that happens, it will be highway robbery for the Lakers, they get DMC and a chance to pick Mario Herzonja or WCS. Not really that impressed with Mudiay.

As for DMC's bad rep, yeah I think its just getting blown out of proportion and he's been improving as the years go by and that his attitude can be attributed to the Kings' messy situation.

But I also believe that if the Lakers will use the #2 pick to draft Jahlil Okafor, Jah can reach DMC's level in three years' time. And I'd rather want them to have a better cap flexibility.

I am not just that sold on DMC being one of the building blocks for the Lakers' future. The Lakers were doomed in all human ways possible last season, injuries and all but the Kings, with DMC were just 8 wins or so better than the Lakers.

I don't know. I just think that if the Lakers pass on Okafor, they'll regret it. Okafor's offense is elite for his age already and he can put up 15-8 or so or even better from the get go and his attitude is way better than DMC and he knows how to win.

Page 4 of 32 First ... 3 4 5 14 ... Last