A Period of Transition: 2015-2016 Los Angeles Lakers Season Thread - Page 3 | NBA | PinoyExchange

X

Page 3 of 32 First ... 2 3 4 13 ... Last
    I really think that it will be better if we can pick Towns rather than Okafor. I think Okafor has attitude problems with the way he performed at the big stage of NCAA and his lack of shooting especially in the FT will definitely hurt us. Towns is a defensive beast and has good mid range shooting and can even knock down 3 pointers. Although Okafor's post game is miles ahead above the post game of Towns, he is inferior to towns in every other aspect of the game. Picking D'angelo Russell at number 2 overall is too risky in my opinion. But there is something in russell that makes people think he will be a future superstar in the NBA very good shooting form and athleticism but lacks defensive skills and his body type is a little to skinny to compete in the NBA, ang nakakatakot lang eh may mga nababasa ako na ganito din daw ang tingin nung mga tao kay steph curry noong draft haha baka yun pala eh maging kasing lakas din ni curry etong si russell sayang naman

jahlil didn't perform as expected because he was too busy with foul trouble in the national final. but he made big plays for duke down the stretch (remember the and one on kaminsky??) unlike towns who choked when it mattered. although i wouldn't mind towns, a future front court of jahlil and randle is very enticing.

hoping the lakers can get tyus jones as well -- money in crunch time, but he will probably clash with jordan clarkson. still, as a sub, i wouldn't mind him.

Quote Originally Posted by LOLOLOLOL View Post
    btw the pex nba forum sucks a lot nowadays. the old-timers are gone, and the discussions have been boiled down to petty quarrels passed off as "legitimate nba discussion".

we need the lakers to be good again. if the lakers are good = the quality of the pex nba forum becomes automatically better.
    Have you had too much "can (insert player name) replace Jordan as the GOAT" threads?

i hope next season doesn't become a carnival on the road sort of year for the Lakers, given Kobe's "retirement" plans. reminds me of MJ's last year with Wizards where the season became a farewell tour as the team lost focus in competing for a Playoff seat.

we should also be retaining Ed Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess24 View Post
    i hope next season doesn't become a carnival on the road sort of year for the Lakers, given Kobe's "retirement" plans.
    a playoff berth on kobe's final season would be a nice gift, even though it's just a first-round exit. seriously the lakers are not going to win the title. however, a playoff spot is doable if the lakers management play their cards right.

Quote Originally Posted by LOLOLOLOL View Post
    a playoff berth on kobe's final season would be a nice gift, even though it's just a first-round exit. seriously the lakers are not going to win the title. however, a playoff spot is doable if the lakers management play their cards right.
    the next 2-3 years will give us a glimpse if we can reclaim the West. it will be interesting how or when management can get the next franchise changing guy. Logo had around 4 years after Magic retired when he pulled the trigger on that big summer of '96 that changed the next 15 years for us. that summer yielded 5 titles and 7 Finals appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by awtsupaytsu View Post
    What do you think of drafting D'ANGELO RUSSELL for the 2nd overall pick guys? his stock value is rising so much at the moment while JAHLIL OKAFOR and KARL ANTHONY TOWNS stock value is declining, do you think he has the potential of being an all star player someday and do you think he is fitted with the lakers?

I've been reading lots of positive comments on about him lately and some say he might just be the best player on this draft class while many people are pointing out that okafor is sam bowie 2.0 and towns has poor potential.
    l would prefer Russell for the Lakers.
    Me Randle naman na kayo e.
    imagine that in-out combo?
    WOW!

isa pa, maraming FA na bigs ngayon, Love, Aldridge, Gasol...
    pwedeng i-package ng LA yung #2 pick + say Clarkson(or whoever) para mag-trade down and then get Russell somehow.

Astig itong si Russell, grabe ang taas ng IQ, malupit na handle at passing skills, and deadly shooter din.
    Parang Curry-Harden combo sa offense ito e,
    Rondo-ish naman ang court vision and IQ.
    And ang big plus, me alpha mentality ito,
    me leadership quality.
    Pag nag-retire na si Kobe, kailangan ng Lakers ng tulad nya.
    Hindi ko nakikita ke Randle yung alpha mentality na gaya ng ke Kobe.

“I’m the best in the draft”
    Knowing he has the skills and the talent,
    it is something to openly say it for everyone to see.
    That requires mental toughness.

Quote Originally Posted by KAGEMUSHA View Post
    l would prefer Russell for the Lakers.
    Me Randle naman na kayo e.
    imagine that in-out combo?
    WOW!

isa pa, maraming FA na bigs ngayon, Love, Aldridge, Gasol...
    pwedeng i-package ng LA yung #2 pick + say Clarkson(or whoever) para mag-trade down and then get Russell somehow.

Astig itong si Russell, grabe ang taas ng IQ, malupit na handle at passing skills, and deadly shooter din.
    Parang Curry-Harden combo sa offense ito e,
    Rondo-ish naman ang court vision and IQ.
    And ang big plus, me alpha mentality ito,
    me leadership quality.
    Pag nag-retire na si Kobe, kailangan ng Lakers ng tulad nya.
    Hindi ko nakikita ke Randle yung alpha mentality na gaya ng ke Kobe.

“I’m the best in the draft”
    Knowing he has the skills and the talent,
    it is something to openly say it for everyone to see.
    That requires mental toughness.

Maganda sana argument mo but so far, wala ako nababasa at least rumor man lang na interested yung mga potential big man free agents sa Lakers kaya baka mag stick sila sa Plan A- which is to draft big man (either Towns or Okafor).

No doubt naman na maganda ang scouting kay Rusell. But, I prefer Justice Winslow- young version of Sugar K Leonard.

Quote Originally Posted by calvinzero View Post
    Maganda sana argument mo but so far, wala ako nababasa at least rumor man lang na interested yung mga potential big man free agents sa Lakers kaya baka mag stick sila sa Plan A- which is to draft big man (either Towns or Okafor).

No doubt naman na maganda ang scouting kay Rusell. But, I prefer Justice Winslow- young version of Sugar K Leonard.
    Very interesting itong draft na ito, pre.
    andaming mahuhusay na bata
    para kang namumulot ng unpolished diamonds hehee
    pwede rin nga si Winslow (favourite player ko din yan), si Stanley Johnson rin..

Ang main factor na kinunsider ko lang din which is going for Russell is young attitude nya,
    palaban ang batang ito e
    l can see traces of Kobe in him,
    tingin ko kayang kaya nitong i-handle ang bright lights ng LA.
    Si Okafor, no question future franchise player yan,
    pero parang ala-Duncan ang batang yan, tahimik lang.
    Para kasing mami-miss ko lang yung colorful personalities na trademark ng Lakers e.
    Magic, Kobe, etc..
    l don't see Okafor or Towns as having that kind of charisma

As far as the FAs are concerned, it's early in the game,
    pero si Aldridge parang gustong lumipat sa Texas.
    Si Marc Gasol naman ay parang kayang ma-lure ng Lakers.
    Kapag nag champion ang Cavs, l don't think they will let TT go,
    that will make KLove dispensable

Si Towns biglang tumaas lang draft stock nya kasi ang lakas ng team ng Kentucky, malaya syang mag-score dahil may Cauley-Stein sya sa 5 kaya kinakaya nya yung mga undersized PF na abundant sa college ball. Tsaka pag crucial ang laro di sakanya pumupunta ang bola, binitbit lang sya ng Harrison twins. Angat lang sya on paper para sakin dahil madaming pros yung skill set nya.

Si Okafor polished ang offense, finesse at physicality combined. Oo mababa ang FT%, pero si Duncan din naman nung una, inimprove lang nya. Oo di din sya ganun kagaling sa defense, pero si Pau Gasol at Aldridge din naman. Nagfofocus kasi masyado sa defense as a whole, eh syempre malaki at mabagal si Okafor, hirap talaga sa pick and roll defense. Pero magaling naman sya sa post defense.

Magaling naman pareho pero kung ako tatanungin si Okafor ang pipiliin ko dahil champion sya since high school at college. Iba padin talaga pag may dugong champion.

Quote Originally Posted by jose_laki_chan View Post
    Si Towns biglang tumaas lang draft stock nya kasi ang lakas ng team ng Kentucky, malaya syang mag-score dahil may Cauley-Stein sya sa 5 kaya kinakaya nya yung mga undersized PF na abundant sa college ball. Tsaka pag crucial ang laro di sakanya pumupunta ang bola, binitbit lang sya ng Harrison twins. Angat lang sya on paper para sakin dahil madaming pros yung skill set nya.

Si Okafor polished ang offense, finesse at physicality combined. Oo mababa ang FT%, pero si Duncan din naman nung una, inimprove lang nya. Oo di din sya ganun kagaling sa defense, pero si Pau Gasol at Aldridge din naman. Nagfofocus kasi masyado sa defense as a whole, eh syempre malaki at mabagal si Okafor, hirap talaga sa pick and roll defense. Pero magaling naman sya sa post defense.

Magaling naman pareho pero kung ako tatanungin si Okafor ang pipiliin ko dahil champion sya since high school at college. Iba padin talaga pag may dugong champion.
    Parang si Wiggins lang din,
    di nya rin nabitbit ang Kansas nung college sya,
    pero tingnan mo naman at nag ROY pa.
    Wala talagang sigurado sa mga rookies,
    pero ang tingnan natin ay yung skill set nila going to the league.
    Having said that, I urge you to have a look at this video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWjSHa5Vgs8

I was also on the same mind that Okafor is the better prospect of the two,
    but this clip is an eye opener for me.

They better hope what they get in the draft pans out..

Jahlil's draft stock goes down:

hindi daw kasi athletic at mobile si jahlil okafor. mababa potential for interior defense. tapos hindi above the rim finisher kaya baka i-mitigate lang yan ng mga athletic interior defenders sa nba.

IMO, Russelll and Towns are more likely to become all-stars than Okafor.

Mahihirapan si Okafor sa trend ngayon sa NBA na fast paced offense.
    Etong Finals series ang halimbawa.
    Dispensable ang mga sentro.
    Si Towns, malaki ang potential sa perimeter game at super athletic,
    nakita nyo ba yung mga tres nya sa YT?

The offseason is already started..

Meanwhile, according to the latest rumors, Jimmy Butler weighed his options about short-term contract. Lakers are on the top list.

hope jimmy butler would sign with the lakers..they would need to add a veteran point guard just like rondo or rubio while clarkson is still improving

Rondo is a locker room cancer. Even if Kobe is lobbying to get him since last year, I think he's gonna bring more minuses with him.

If we can get a realistic shot on LA or Marc Gasol, we can take Russell at #2.

wag lang sana magaya sa houston and portland ang lakers picking a big man over a great player.

Page 3 of 32 First ... 2 3 4 13 ... Last