Atlanta Hawks Thread: True Believer - Page 5 | NBA | PinoyExchange

X

Page 5 of 10 First ... 4 5 6 ... Last
    The Atlanta Hawks certainly looked the part of Eastern Conference leaders for most of the first half - and that was enough to extend their winning streak and snap Detroit's impressive run.

Atlanta has now won seven in a row and 21 of 23, while Detroit lost for the first time in eight games.

''They had our full attention coming into the game, for sure. They've been playing some really great basketball,'' Atlanta's Kyle Korver said. ''You're coming up against a team like that, you've got to jump on them early.''

Paul Millsap scored 17 points for the Hawks, who had six players in double figures.

Jeff Teague had 14 points and Carroll added 13 - although it was hard to remember how well Atlanta played after the big lead nearly slipped away.

''It's a game of runs,'' Korver said. ''That's why we talk so much about playing a 48-minute game, and why it's been so important to us. Luckily we had enough of a lead tonight for a while that we could withstand their run, but there's definitely a lot to learn from the film.''

10 Straight Wins!!! Grabe ang Hawks this season ah! Laki na ng tulong nito sa akin sa odds. Nakakabawi ako dahil sa kanila.

wala pa bang sasakay sa bandwagon ng Atlanta Spurs?

Atlanta is doing great. I can't recall a team that was ever this good without a clear-cut superstar.

They still need to prove their worth in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandaemonaeon View Post
    Atlanta is doing great. I can't recall a team that was ever this good without a clear-cut superstar.
    Detroit Pistons from last decade
    Portland during the jailblazers era?(I don't consider 'Sheed a superstar)
    (Arguably) The Memphis Grizzlies 2 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Jameaux View Post

Pretty obvious thing to say for an emerging team.

Anyway, they beat Toronto and Chicago on back to back nights. Definitely the surprise team of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameaux View Post
    They probably won't but that doesn't tarnish what they have accomplished. I mean this is practically the same Hawks team last year with better chemistry and coaching, whupping some of the best teams in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by deronwilliams08 View Post
    Detroit Pistons from last decade
    Portland during the jailblazers era?(I don't consider 'Sheed a superstar)
    (Arguably) The Memphis Grizzlies 2 years ago
    Except for the Pistons who had Billups and Big Ben putting up borderline superstar numbers (superstar, not franchise player), none of those teams were 33-8 halfway through the season.

Except for the Pistons who had Billups and Big Ben putting up borderline superstar numbers (superstar, not franchise player), none of those teams were 33-8 halfway through the season.
    But they did "prove their worth in the playoffs" :P

I agree na ang ATL nga ang surprise team right now, oh well besides sa GSW na medyo threat na from last year. Pero now #1 sa East pa? Wow!!!

HOTLANTA HAWKS

they kill .500 East and West teams

walang makapigil sa winning streaks nila

^With the way these guys are playing right now, dapat daw kasama sa All Star lineup sina Holford, Teague, Korver and Millsap.

Quote Originally Posted by Valorian View Post
    wala pa bang sasakay sa bandwagon ng Atlanta Spurs?
    Bigla ngang dumadami fans ng ATL bigla

Quote Originally Posted by zchendevlemh View Post
    Bigla ngang dumadami fans ng ATL bigla
    Who? Or do you also apply the "Anyone who gives credit/praise to a certain team is assumed a fan/bandwagoner logic"

They probably won't but that doesn't tarnish what they have accomplished. I mean this is practically the same Hawks team last year with better chemistry and coaching, whupping some of the best teams in the league.
    wala si Horford for the majority of the 2013-14 season.

malaki din ang factor ng health ng players ng Hawks this season. improved version of Schroder. nadagdag si Sefalosha, Kent Bazemore, et al.

edit: Kendall Marshall plays for the bucks. my mistake. that should be Kent Bazemore
    Last edited by cotton_on; Jan 20, 2015 at 11:57 PM.

Page 5 of 10 First ... 4 5 6 ... Last