Atlanta Hawks Thread: True Believer - Page 3 | NBA | PinoyExchange

Page 3 of 10 First ... 2 3 4 ... Last
    Playing the spoilers role to the hilt vs. Minnesota indeed. Crushing loss for the T'wolves.

Isn't it ironic that the team which are among the worst in attendance holds the biggest crowd ever in an NBA Game. (of course, with the help of a certain Chicago guard).

Loss to Charlotte denied the Hawks of its first winning streak of the season.

Back to back defeat to the Bobcats assure Atlanta of the NBA's worst record this season = 25% chance of landing the #1 pick in June's draft.

Hope the Atlanta Hawks land the #1 pick in today's 2005 NBA Draft Lottery.

No more rings for TD!
    Wonder who the Hawks will pick in the NBA draft?

^ With the second pick of the 2005 NBA Draft, the Atlanta Hawks selected Marvin Williams from North Carolina.

With the proliferation of Official NBA Team Threads in ITZ, I was on the verge of creating a new 2005-06 Official Atlanta Hawks thread but decided against it at the last minute. I'm one of the very few Hawks fan here in PEx so I figure I'll be posting by my lonesome there.

With Josh Childress, Josh Smith, Marvin Williams and Al Harrington, the Hawks are solid at the 2 and 3 positions. Obviously, Atlanta needs a center and a point guard.

With almost all top free agents spoken for (including Hawks' target Samuel Dalembert & Z), and one with questionable health (Curry), Atlanta is looking at Joe Johnson and Tyson Chandler. Both are restricted free agents.

There are reports that the Pistons are offering Darko Milicic to the Hawks in exchange for Al Harrington.

Hawks minority owner Bruce Levenson posted at RealGM offering tix against the Clippers for $10!! Man, what an awesome owner!

Since I became an owner, I have from time to time checked RealGM and Hawksquawk to get a sense of the thoughts of our most dedicated fans. In the past several weeks, I have closely read your comments on the Joe Johnson trade and the conflict within our ownership group. I was struck by your passion for the Hawks. It's that passion that we desparately need as we build this young team. Over the past year, several of you have chatted about meeting at a game and I would love to assist in making this possibe. So I've arranged the following:

Between now and September 1st you can purchase lower level tickets to the Hawks game on November 10th vs. the LA Clippers -- for only $10 each! These seats are normally $55! Plus, I will choose two of you that purchase these tickets to sit with me in my floor seats and watch the Hawks Rise Up and beat the Clippers!

Look forward to meeting you at the game and an exciting season ahead.

Sincerely,
    Bruce Levenson
    http://img166.echo.cx/img166/7920/panda23xg.gif

Joe Johnson finally becomes a Hawk

Projected Starting Five:
    PG - Joe Johnson
    SG - Josh Childress
    C - Zaza Pachulia
    PF - Al Harrington
    SF - Josh Smith

6th Man - Marvin Williams

Now that's a team with a chance on making a big impact next season. The only thing I see them lacking at is the outside department. Obvoiusly Joe can shoot the lights out from three but I don't expect the two Joshes shooting it from outside. But need not too worry, the two Joshes can easily make up for it by their slashing skills. I really think that next season this young team will really make an impact...

Oh, I almost forgot about 2nd pick Marvin Williams. He has tremendous upside and has the potential to be a good player in the NBA.

No more rings for TD!
    Joe Johnson - the new HAWK in the house baby!

welcome Joe Johnson!

Looks like Atlanta will not go after the Bulls' restricted free-agents Eddy Curry and Tyson Chandler anymore. No surprise with Curry who is saddled by heart problems.

Reports say Tyronn Lue is close to re-signing with the Hawks to back up the newly acquired JJ.

This Hawk team will improve next season, no doubt about that.

Hawks re-signs Tyronn Lue, signs rookie Salim Stoudamire and free-agent John Edwards

Rotation:
    PG - Joe Johnson/Tyronn Lue/Royal Ivey
    SG - Josh Childress/Salim Stoudamire
    C - Zaza Pachulia/Jason Collier/John Edwards
    PF - Al Harrington/Tom Gugliotta*/Kevin Willis*
    SF - Josh Smith/Marvin Williams

* - free agent

shooters nila aside from JJ would be Lue and Stoudemire

No more rings for TD!
    This rotation will do wonders...I can now envision a better HAWK TEAM.

After winning only 13 games last season, Atlanta have added some key personnel notably Joe Johnson. I'm definitely sure the Hawks will surpass 13 wins this coming 2005-06 season.

Care to guess the following questions?

1) How many wins will Atlanta have in the 2005-06 season?
    2) Will they make the playoffs?

My answers/prediction:
    1) 37 wins (37-45 record)
    2) NO (not yet, at least)

Finally, after 9 seasons the playoff drought is over (the longest current streak). It's been that long. The Hawks last entered the postseason during the 98-99 season with Dikembe Mutombo, Steve Smith, Mookie Blaylock, Alan Henderson, Tyrone Corbin, Grant Long, and LaPhonso Ellis.

Although an upset over Boston is a longshot. Hope the Hawks win a game or two over the Celtics.

Lets go Hawks!

Joe Johnson, Mike Bibby, Josh Smith, Josh Childress, Marvin Williams, Al Horford

The Lost Gospel Gospel of Judas's Avatar
    GO HOT-LANTA! BEAT THE MOTHERFREAKING LEPRECHAUNS!

Whatever happened to Pachulia? Last year he was a good prospect for fantasy. I'm glad I was able to pick Joe Johnson although I did let go of Marvin Williams as his numbers were inconsistent.

Page 3 of 10 First ... 2 3 4 ... Last