PEx Highlights

Best Chinese restaurants

Craving for some dimsum and noodles? Find the best Chinese restaurants in the metro here.

read more

PROMO: How to be Single?

Get a chance to win advance screening tickets to How to be Single? by joining this promo. Check it out for more details.

read more

PEx Movie Promos

Win some special prizes by just joining our promos. Score free movie tickets and movie items. Visit our movie promo forum for more info.

read more

For the Haikyuu fans!

This is what a fantasy volleyball is. Who is your favorite Haikyuu character? Talk about this anime here!

read more

Another AFC tile for the San Miguel Beermen

The San Miguel Beermen ended the conference with a championship under their name. Express your thoughts about the series with the rest of our basketball community here!

read more

UAAP weekend volleyball games

Check out the hottest volleyball matches this weekend here. Join our growing volleyball community to get the latest scoops and news about UAAP volleyball here.

read more

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    Post Gawa ba talaga sa "pusa" ang siopao?

    Kasi noong bata ako sabi nila sa akin gawa daw sa pusa ang siopao....since then I had this phobia of eating siopao...just imagine my horror everytime I enter Chowking!!!......!!!

  2. #2

  3. #3

    Post

    hindi ano, all you have to do is to be cautious about where you buy your beloved siopao... dapat kilala mo yung manifacturer ng siopao mo

    bad_karma: bad ka talaga!

  4. #4

    Post

    Well, let me share with you this funny thing I witnessed a long time ago at Ma Mon Luk's Cubao.

    I used to pass by Ma Mon Luk every morning when I went to college and I noticed na everytime I passed by their store, the door to their kitchen was always open, probably para sa mga deliveries ng food stock nila. Anyway, since I consider Ma Mon Luk's siopao to be the very best here sa 'Pinas, as I was passing by their kitchen one morning I sneaked a peek inside. And guess what I saw?

    For a kitchen that makes such good food, theirs is particularly dirty looking. Think of a butcher's stall in a wet market and you already have a clear idea of what l saw. It's that dirty, it's that dark and it's that wet. But that's not what really got my attention. As I was looking around their kitchen, I saw this cat standing on top of a wooden chopping board - like the one butchers use that looks like a tree stump - arching its back. It was alive, mind you, but I couldn't help but wonder if the cat was their pet they kept in the kitchen or...

  5. #5

    Post

    hmmm gawa DAW.

    when I was 12 I was about to eat siopao and my friend teased me and said that it was made of pusa, so I threw the whole thing away and never ate siopao for the next 3 years or so, until I grew out of my phobia and had my siopao at Luk Yuen...heheheh.

  6. #6

    Cool

    in my opinion, no. if you stop to think how hard it is to catch a stray cat, and how long it takes to rear a "tame" cat, you'd rather buy ordinary meat, right? also, it's kinda hard to kill and butcher cats. they fight and scratch, you know. talk to pre-med students about their experiences with cats.

  7. #7

    Post

    actually meron talaga, meron video clip yung friend ko about how to make siopao, gamit nya kuting!! wawa naman!!!

    And meron talaga sa chinatown, kaya lang di na ata uso kasi masyado ng bulgar ngayon....

  8. #8

    Post

    Well, if you guys must know, here's an article entitled Cats - Friend or Food. You might want to check it out.

    Here's an image that's in the article.

    http://messybeast.com/eatcat4.jpg

  9. #9

    Post

    Hindi naman sa pusa, baka sa kuting.

  10. #10

    Post

    Originally posted by hat_tr1ck
    Well, if you guys must know, here's an article entitled Cats - Friend or Food. You might want to check it out.

    Here's an image that's in the article.

    http://messybeast.com/eatcat4.jpg
    nabasa ko doon sa article na sa china daw ay "cats do form part of the diet"... di ba ang siopao ay luto ng mga chinese? baka naman talagang pusa ang ginagamit na karne sa siopao nila doon. hindi kaya ang mga chinese na gumagawa ng siopao dito sa pilipinas ay karne rin ng pusa minsan ang inilalagay nila?

    pero kung karne nga ng pusa yung nasa siopao na benta ng mga chinese, di ba masarap naman? so, masarap naman pala ang karne ng pusa lalo na pag ipinalaman sa siopao. so, anong problema ngayon?

  11. #11

    Post

    Originally posted by sadirmata


    nabasa ko doon sa article na sa china daw ay "cats do form part of the diet"... di ba ang siopao ay luto ng mga chinese? baka naman talagang pusa ang ginagamit na karne sa siopao nila doon. hindi kaya ang mga chinese na gumagawa ng siopao dito sa pilipinas ay karne rin ng pusa minsan ang inilalagay nila?

    pero kung karne nga ng pusa yung nasa siopao na benta ng mga chinese, di ba masarap naman? so, masarap naman pala ang karne ng pusa lalo na pag ipinalaman sa siopao. so, anong problema ngayon?
    Like the article said, there's no problem naman if people eat cats. It's just that in the Philippines, we're conditioned to think of cats as pets, much like in America, kaya some people think na kadiri ang kumain ng pusa. If we grew up thinking na cats are delicacies, we wouldn't have a problem eating cat meat, much like we don't have problems eating beef and pork kasi we all know na they're supposed to be eaten, at least in our culture.

  12. #12
    *EiGhTiSh*
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    never never lan

    Post

    Originally posted by hat_tr1ck


    Like the article said, there's no problem naman if people eat cats. It's just that in the Philippines, we're conditioned to think of cats as pets, much like in America, kaya some people think na kadiri ang kumain ng pusa. If we grew up thinking na cats are delicacies, we wouldn't have a problem eating cat meat, much like we don't have problems eating beef and pork kasi we all know na they're supposed to be eaten, at least in our culture.
    my point exactly!

  13. Advertisement

  14. #13

    Cool

    the qualifications change every year but...

    when i was in high school, our bio teacher told us all vertebrates were edible (most of their parts, that is) except two: buffo marinus (a poisonous toad) and a certain species of turtle whose flesh was poisonous. i suppose that inedible list has been expanded to include the poison dart frog and a newly-discovered species of bird whose feathers, skin and some internal organs are poisonous.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement


Advertisement

Advertisement