PEx Highlights

REVIEW: The Trial

If there's one particular asset the film has, it's the ensemble.

read more

PHOTOS: Kia Victorious in Battle of Newcomers

LA Revilla (23pts, 7rebs) stole away the spotlight off of boxing champ Manny Pacquiao's PBA debut, as he rallied Kia over Blackwater 80-66.

read more

PHOTOS: 40th PBA Season Opening Ceremony

Ellen Adarna, Megan Young and Alice Dixson led the parade of team muses yesterday during the Opening Ceremony of the new PBA season. Check our gallery here!

read more

PROMO: Big Hero 6

Join the promo and get a chance to win special screening tickets to Big Hero 6!

read more

PHOTOS: Aguilar, Ginebra Bully Talk N Text

Ginebra had no problems in their opening campaign after a 101-81 win over TNT. Japeth Aguilar proved to be too much for the Texters with his game-high 18pts, 18rebs and 5 blks.

read more

Show Me Your Winning Teeths!

Merly and Chelsey are back for a new season of SMYT and they are 'happy to serve' you a new episode about the Miss World pageant and the UAAP Finals.

read more

Post Gawa ba talaga sa "pusa" ang siopao?

Kasi noong bata ako sabi nila sa akin gawa daw sa pusa ang siopao....since then I had this phobia of eating siopao...just imagine my horror everytime I enter Chowking!!!......!!!

Talking

made of P u s s y?

hindi ano, all you have to do is to be cautious about where you buy your beloved siopao... dapat kilala mo yung manifacturer ng siopao mo

bad_karma: bad ka talaga!

Well, let me share with you this funny thing I witnessed a long time ago at Ma Mon Luk's Cubao.

I used to pass by Ma Mon Luk every morning when I went to college and I noticed na everytime I passed by their store, the door to their kitchen was always open, probably para sa mga deliveries ng food stock nila. Anyway, since I consider Ma Mon Luk's siopao to be the very best here sa 'Pinas, as I was passing by their kitchen one morning I sneaked a peek inside. And guess what I saw?

For a kitchen that makes such good food, theirs is particularly dirty looking. Think of a butcher's stall in a wet market and you already have a clear idea of what l saw. It's that dirty, it's that dark and it's that wet. But that's not what really got my attention. As I was looking around their kitchen, I saw this cat standing on top of a wooden chopping board - like the one butchers use that looks like a tree stump - arching its back. It was alive, mind you, but I couldn't help but wonder if the cat was their pet they kept in the kitchen or...

hmmm gawa DAW.

when I was 12 I was about to eat siopao and my friend teased me and said that it was made of pusa, so I threw the whole thing away and never ate siopao for the next 3 years or so, until I grew out of my phobia and had my siopao at Luk Yuen...heheheh.

Cool

in my opinion, no. if you stop to think how hard it is to catch a stray cat, and how long it takes to rear a "tame" cat, you'd rather buy ordinary meat, right? also, it's kinda hard to kill and butcher cats. they fight and scratch, you know. talk to pre-med students about their experiences with cats.

actually meron talaga, meron video clip yung friend ko about how to make siopao, gamit nya kuting!! wawa naman!!!

And meron talaga sa chinatown, kaya lang di na ata uso kasi masyado ng bulgar ngayon....

Well, if you guys must know, here's an article entitled Cats - Friend or Food. You might want to check it out.

Here's an image that's in the article.

http://messybeast.com/eatcat4.jpg

Hindi naman sa pusa, baka sa kuting.

Originally posted by hat_tr1ck
    Well, if you guys must know, here's an article entitled Cats - Friend or Food. You might want to check it out.

Here's an image that's in the article.

http://messybeast.com/eatcat4.jpg
    nabasa ko doon sa article na sa china daw ay "cats do form part of the diet"... di ba ang siopao ay luto ng mga chinese? baka naman talagang pusa ang ginagamit na karne sa siopao nila doon. hindi kaya ang mga chinese na gumagawa ng siopao dito sa pilipinas ay karne rin ng pusa minsan ang inilalagay nila?

pero kung karne nga ng pusa yung nasa siopao na benta ng mga chinese, di ba masarap naman? so, masarap naman pala ang karne ng pusa lalo na pag ipinalaman sa siopao. so, anong problema ngayon?

Originally posted by sadirmata

nabasa ko doon sa article na sa china daw ay "cats do form part of the diet"... di ba ang siopao ay luto ng mga chinese? baka naman talagang pusa ang ginagamit na karne sa siopao nila doon. hindi kaya ang mga chinese na gumagawa ng siopao dito sa pilipinas ay karne rin ng pusa minsan ang inilalagay nila?

pero kung karne nga ng pusa yung nasa siopao na benta ng mga chinese, di ba masarap naman? so, masarap naman pala ang karne ng pusa lalo na pag ipinalaman sa siopao. so, anong problema ngayon?
    Like the article said, there's no problem naman if people eat cats. It's just that in the Philippines, we're conditioned to think of cats as pets, much like in America, kaya some people think na kadiri ang kumain ng pusa. If we grew up thinking na cats are delicacies, we wouldn't have a problem eating cat meat, much like we don't have problems eating beef and pork kasi we all know na they're supposed to be eaten, at least in our culture.

*EiGhTiSh*

Originally posted by hat_tr1ck

Like the article said, there's no problem naman if people eat cats. It's just that in the Philippines, we're conditioned to think of cats as pets, much like in America, kaya some people think na kadiri ang kumain ng pusa. If we grew up thinking na cats are delicacies, we wouldn't have a problem eating cat meat, much like we don't have problems eating beef and pork kasi we all know na they're supposed to be eaten, at least in our culture.
    my point exactly!

Cool

the qualifications change every year but...

when i was in high school, our bio teacher told us all vertebrates were edible (most of their parts, that is) except two: buffo marinus (a poisonous toad) and a certain species of turtle whose flesh was poisonous. i suppose that inedible list has been expanded to include the poison dart frog and a newly-discovered species of bird whose feathers, skin and some internal organs are poisonous.