NBA - Page 3 | NBA | PinoyExchange

X

Page 3 of 21 First ... 2 3 4 13 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zep_Tepi View Post
    Rockets have reportedly agreed to send Lin and a 1st round pick to Philly.
    haven't seen any details regarding this trade... ano kaya ang makukuha ng Rockets in return?

do i make you horny, baby? cuch's Avatar
    rocs get 2nd rd. picks from philly for LIn, they don't need warm bodies now.

from Houston chronicle, rockets beat reporter j.feigen wrote today,

The Rockets gambled by making Parsons a restricted free agent. The Mavericks will make them pay, costing them either their starting small forward and team captain or the $45 million over three seasons it will take to keep him.

Parsons signed an offer sheet with the Mavericks, giving the Rockets three days from when they receive it to either match the offer or let Parsons jump to their in-state rivals. Mavericks owner Mark Cuban posted a photo with Parsons and Parsons’ family on his Cyber Dust account.

Parsons later posted a tweet.

“Extremely humbled! One night of fun and back to work. THANK YOU to everyone who has helped me! I am blessed.”

Yet, while Parsons moved a step closer to leaving, Heat forward Chris Bosh moved a step closer to joining the Rockets, though with one giant step remaining before he would make that leap.

Following ongoing talks since the Rockets made Bosh a max contract offer on Monday, ESPN reported that Bosh has chosen to join the Rockets if LeBron James leaves the Heat.

Reports quickly followed that Bosh has not made that decision. The Rockets had not been told of a change in his position. James has remained non-committal about his plans, but has not personally met with any team other than the Heat.

For the Rockets, even if Bosh does choose them, the timing to keep Parsons and also sign Bosh will be crucial.

If the Rockets reach agreement with Bosh on the max contract they have offered and can clear the cap room for him before they run out of time to match Parsons’ contract, they can sign Bosh into the cap room and then exceed the cap to keep their own player, Parsons.

The Rockets, however, would need to clear the cap room for Bosh by trading Jeremy Lin, completing the trade of Omer Asik to New Orleans, waiving their non-guaranteed players (other than Pat Beverley) and making a few smaller cost-cutting moves, all before their three-day clock to match Parsons’ contract ends. The Rockets are expected to be able to quickly move Lin, likely to the 76ers along with a pick, if they need the cap room for Bosh.

If the Rockets match Parsons’ offer sheet before signing Bosh, they would exceed the salary cap and would be unable to sign Bosh.

Once Parsons signs the offer sheet, he cannot be part of a sign-and-trade to the Mavericks or another team and there can be no other negotiations with him. He would not be eligible to be traded until Dec. 15, and then only with his approval next season. He could not be dealt to Dallas.

Parsons’ contract would allow him to opt out after the 2015-16 season. The Rockets had in the past declined to offer player options, losing Goran Dragic when they would not agree to a player option in the fourth season of his deal. The Rockets did, however, agree to a player option in Dwight Howard’s contract, giving him the option to become a free agent in 2016, the same season Parsons could be a free agent again.

ESPN initially reported the deal with Dallas.

The Rockets had said repeatedly since the end of the season that Parsons would be back next season, choosing to not pick up the final season of his contract worth just $960,000 to make him a restricted free agent this season, giving them to the right to match any offer he gets, rather an unrestricted free agent next season.

They could end up losing Parsons and come up empty on their pursuit of Bosh and Carmelo Anthony. Depending on what James decides, however, the Rockets could end up with four players with max contracts.

James has remained non-committal, even after his meeting with Heat president Pat Riley on Wednesday in Las Vegas. The Cavaliers began the day with the cap-clearing move they would need to offer James a max contract to return to Cleveland. According to Yahoo Sports, the Cavs then reached out to several of James’ favorite former teammates to lay the groundwork for deals to further entice James to return.

Unable to come up with an agreement with Parsons on Wednesday, the Rockets renewed their pursuit of several options, including Luol Deng, Paul Piece and former Rockets small forward Trevor Ariza.

Deng, in particular, could be nearly as expensive as keeping Parsons. He earned roughly $14 million in last season and has received interest from the Lakers and Wizards and would likely be considered the top small forward available once Carmelo Anthony signs a contract and Parsons and Gordon Hayward sign offer sheets.

Anthony had not told the Rockets that he had made a decision, but despite the delay in his decision, the Knicks have seemed likely to keep their star forward.

Parsons averaged 16.6 points and 5.5 rebounds last season. A second round pick in 2011, quickly became a fixture in the Rockets rotation, starting 207 of the 213 games he has played.

Parsons would be either the highest-paid Mavericks player or the Rockets’ second-highest paid player behind only to Dwight Howard. That is a long way from where he started as a second-round pick making less than $1 million a year and less than 10 other Rockets players last season.

That will soon change. It’s now up to the Rockets to determine if he address will, too

"So to get Bosh at max AND keep Parsons, Daryl Morey just needs to dump Asik, Lin, Jones AND Motiejunas with no salary coming he other way" - Larry Coon

Kung seryoso ang Rocks in keeping Parsons... they need to trade for picks/exceptions

they already did that with asik, philly is willing to take lin, rocs get draft picks, d.mo can be waived. pero kulang pa rin, they have to trade/waive jones and Beverly. if bosh signs, jones is expendable, but they can't keep bev if they match cp25's contract (unless bosh signs within 72 hours then the rocs can match the mavs' offer and it will not count against the cap)what good is a solid 2-3-4-5 w/o a pg? the other 2 pg canaan and rookie nick Johnson are not yet ready.

@Cuch:

are we matching parsons contract? i hope we are not. i like the kid he bring energy and chemistry to this team. but he's contract will hold us out hostage in 2016. that is the time when KD will be available i want flexibility for this team.

^^ I think they're planning to... but it's dependent on Bosh decision.. which they only have around 2 days left to match the contract:

"If the Houston Rockets can sign Chris Bosh and do both transactions in time, the team will match the offer sheet of Chandler Parsons, according to a source." - Jonathan Feigen

@starter, been away from hou for awhile( on assignment somewhere up north) but sources at the dealership say it still depends on bosh( who is in of all places - Ghana, for a bball goodwill tour) if he signs first then they keep cp25, if not they let dallas have him(salary cap casualty,unless leslie bites the bullet and opens his wallet) plan b is already in play, they have low level talks with luol deng's agent, everything is dependent on LBJ's decision really, if he comes back to Miami,bosh signs with Miami, we keep parsons. if LBJ goes home to Cleveland, bosh signs with us,hopefully within 72hrs and we keep parsons, if not off he goes to dallas.

some talk on parsons' deal with dallas

- fans are wondering why he promptly signed, he kept on saying he would stay in hou. even helped recruit best buddy D12, now he's leaving? could've waited for things to settle then he could get his money....some fans blaming his agent d.fagen( also d12's agent)

- why is d12 silent about this? he could have talked to parsons to wait and see for a while
    -from parsons camp, they got leery of morey's tendency to flip new signees, there was a rumor that he would trade parsons once he signs that new contract, Minnesota or boston where the rumored destination.

banter from Texans and cowboys fan stream - reason Cuban signed up parsons, he needed a new boy toy(old boy toy dirk diggler got married already) Texans fan insinuated and some cowboys fans concurred- Cuban is gay, parsons and Cuban were seen partying in a dallas club after he signed the deal which according to sources included a house w/c Cuban will pay for once parsons makes his choice where to live in dallas.

@cuch: RE: Chandler signing; Im not mad at all, happy for him for he is getting paid even do a bit tad overpaid. among sf in this league he is probably in the top ten when comes to productivity. Mavs for sure will definitely benefit from him.

Like I said in my previous post I hope we don't match the contract. Flexibility in the near future i want from this team. I really want to have KD ... (Harden-Howard-KD) is really a possibility!...

plus retaining parsons means losing some possible rotational players is a NO! NO! for our team with no bench will certainly kill our chances next season.

Beverly/Canaan/Daniel
    Harden/Johnson
    Parson/Garcia?
    Bosh/?/Vet min
    Dwight/Capella?/Vet min?

vs, not matching we sign Deng (11m$) Jameer (LLE) use MLE for Marion or Pierce then we are set.

beverly/Jameer
    Harden/Daniel/Johnson
    Deng (11m)/sign (Pierce or/Marion)
    Bosh/Jones
    Dwight/Dmo/Cappella

Espn reports LBJ is coming home to Cleveland. With that bosh is good as gone from Miami, next stop Houston? Better sign up before Sunday, so we can keep cp25 without going . Over the cap

Welcome Chris Bosh next mission, lure Parsons again.

Howard
    Bosh
    Parsons
    Harden
    Beverley

Lin to the lakers......kobe's new b!tch

Looks like Bosh to Houston wont happen

LOL probably the most craziest free agency i have seen bosh is a goner...

in just a matter of seconds we lost most of our players for nothing well done Morey well done! ( sarcastic Slow Cap)

no Asik, LIN, probably Parsons.. ha..ha..

So the lastest rumor i read we go Match Parson and get Ryan Anderson from Pelicans sign anybody who wants to play with legendary Coaching style of Mchale ha ha...

Quote Originally Posted by jaysonwafuxD View Post
    Looks like Bosh to Houston wont happen
    Poor rockets fans.

Traded Lin + 1st rounder to sign Bosh and he stays on Heat.
    They also need to match any offer on Parsons to get him back.

Quote Originally Posted by sTaRter_01 View Post
    LOL probably the most craziest free agency i have seen bosh is a goner...

in just a matter of seconds we lost most of our players for nothing well done Morey well done! ( sarcastic Slow Cap)

no Asik, LIN, probably Parsons.. ha..ha..

So the lastest rumor i read we go Match Parson and get Ryan Anderson from Pelicans sign anybody who wants to play with legendary Coaching style of Mchale ha ha...

Agree. All along I thought that with Bron departing the Heat, Bosh would go to Houston. Yung salary cap clearing ng Houston malamang mauwi sa wala.

chris cash este bosh pala, stays in in the beach......riley showed him the money.....morey lacked funds, can't beat 118 million....rocs are sinking but not drowning.....will probably keep cp25, will go after kirk hinrich/ j.nelson and paul pierce, bring in some 1 year rentals from Europe can still make the play offs and will load up for next year's FA's.

Surprised bosh didn't went to houston...it was a dumb move on bosh.... you've got howard, harden, and parson (rockets will surely match dallas offers)... with soft bosh shooting outside, howard will have all the space he need inside...

Quote Originally Posted by TLG View Post
    Surprised bosh didn't went to houston...it was a dumb move on bosh.... you've got howard, harden, and parson (rockets will surely match dallas offers)... with soft bosh shooting outside, howard will have all the space he need inside...
    may ring na si bosh at tumatanda na, syempre $$$ future na iniisip nyan.hehe di kaya i-match ng rockets yung offer ni riley.

poor houston now they have to overpay for parsons.

Quote Originally Posted by jansport99 View Post
    may ring na si bosh at tumatanda na, syempre $$$ future na iniisip nyan.hehe di kaya i-match ng rockets yung offer ni riley.

poor houston now they have to overpay for parsons.
    if you know morey, if parsons doesn't play up to par, he gonna get traded after dec. 15, so overpay him for just a few months.

Page 3 of 21 First ... 2 3 4 13 ... Last