Some few points from Jackie MacMullen (ESPN Boston) regarding the Love trade:
1) Flip Saunders had a good relationship with Doc Rivers, not a good relationship with Ainge. Its not the same as when Mchale made the KG trade.
2) The Minessota owner is still angry over the KG trade not working out for the Wolves, so he is hesitant to give Boston another super star.
3) Flip doesn't like the Celtics first offer, and is looking around to other teams. They don't think highly of the #6 pick. If Celtics got top 3 pick in the draft lottery the deal would already be done.
4) Jackie thinks Celtics fans have double standard on Carmelo. Love's fg% was worse than Carmelo at just 45%fg, and both are not good on defense.
5) Chicago, and Kings have the players that Minessota wants, but Celtics have picks. Cleveland #1 pick for Love, would win a bidding war even if Celtics offer 3 lower 1st round picks.
6) Carmelo talks are to early and Jackie backed off pressured question from Gary. Carmelo tried to recruit Rondo last year. Rondo could try to set up his own big 3, but Love is first domino.
7) Theorizes that Love would only sign long term contract if Rondo did as well. Not an issue as Rondo wants to stay in Boston.
8) Nobody wants green.
He just dont wanna make the fans so excited coz everything is not yet set on stone.
Boston moving up the draft maybe to get a deal done? Danny can offer heaps of future draft picks.
Love is especially looking quite decided on Boston. SAC was ok with trading for him even without the long term committment, so maybe gets traded there next season and still ends up with Boston in free agency? He and Rondo can have a gentleman's agreement to do that next summer. Pretty risky though, and a lot can happen in one year.
are (stupid enough), but I think they just want the opportunity to have Love work with the team and try to change his mind to get him sign long term while he is there. Maybe because Love has not shown (at least reported) interest in Sacramento.
O yeah I think MIN hates BOS, but doing so may screw themselves or whichever team MIN wants to screw BOS with. Danny has much leverage over Flip on this whole Kevin Love issue.
- DA took him.this cracks me up, poor uncle jeff.lol
Masyado malaki lang ang contract ni uncle pero subok na yan.
Interesting article on how Boston could get Love and Melo in (note the chronology). With a depth chart of of:
Omer Asik - Vitor Faverani - Colton Iverson
Kevin Love - Kelly Olynyk
Carmelo Anthony - Paul Pierce
Avery Bradley - Jerryd Bayless - Chris Johnson
Rajon Rondo - Phil Pressey
Doubt it will happen, but DA's 2008 trades were of such magnitude.
^ pang PlayStation yang lineup mo.
If only da has what the other team wants in return.
Or kaya ang gawin nila ay magbigayan ng season. "Ibibigay ko sayo itong 2014-15 season tapos sa 2015-16 ay sa akin naman. Trade ko sayo si ganito at si ganyan for one year tapos ibigay mo sila akin sa susunod na taon.
Yea. Ang weakest link diyan yung Carmelo Anthony sign and trade. Knick fans will go Cavaliers on him and Phil will get grilled over it on top of all other technicalities. Deng would me more likely.
The others I can see happening.
Naglaro ako 2k14 kanina tapos sinubukan ko makipagtrade for love and Melo.
Kinuha ko din si Bogut for Sully pumayag naman, kaya naging lineup ko:
Tapos yung bench puro minimum salary.
Kung makukuha man ng C's si Melo and Love, talagang sobrang nipis ng magiging bench nila.
meron pang nalalaman na "we'll make a decision when we have a head coach..... guess what?? I'm the new head coach" parang adik lang.. why not he just keep his mouth shut like DA... and let the unknown source do the talking..."
Melo's not getting any younger sana ma-realize nya na hindi sya bagay sa NY in case they want to rebuild...
Nagbbluff lang siguro ang Celtics FO na kunware si Aaron Gordon ang kukunin...
In 17 days we will know!