NBA | NBA | PinoyExchange

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... Last

Brooklyn Nets Thread: One Team, One Town

After bowing out of the eventual ECF champs, Miami Heat, in 5 games, there are so many questions and uncertainties facing the Nets this off-season.

Will KG and Pierce be back for one last run with the Nets?
    Will Livingston and Blatche (who opt-out of his contract) search for bigger contracts or stay with the team that somewhat revitalized their careers?
    Will AK and Anderson come back too?

Some positives to look at coming into the next season:
    1. Deron finally got a surgery on both of his ankles. A bone chip was removed from his right ankle, while the left needed an arthroscopic cleanout with removal of spurs from both the front and back of the ankle. He is expected to be ready by training camp.
    2. Lopez is still rehabing his realigned foot. He is also expected to be ready by training camp.
    3. The possibility of finally seeing Deron, JJ and Lopez all healthy coming into the season.

There is a strong possibility that both KG and Pierce will come back for a last hurrah with the Nets, according to reliable sources.

I have a positive outlook for this Brooklyn team coming into the 2014-2015 season. We had a great season last year. We just need continuity coming into the next season.

LET'S GO NETS!

We can try again with a healthy Lopez and D-Will. If we get back the 20ppg Lopez and D-Will goes back to being NJ D-Will, not even Utah D-Will, we can do better.

Also, KG needs to accept that he's a backup now. He should back up Lopez.

I hope Plumlee takes this chance to train being a PF. He can complement Lopez.

My starting 5:

C-Lopez
    PF-Pierce
    SF-JJ
    SG-?
    PG-D-Will

I think S-Dot will be gone next season. Same goes for Blatche. I'm hoping that I'll be proven wrong though.

One thing to look forward to is the development of Kidd as a coach. Also, he'll have a say on the team that we'll build next season. He can finally build a team based on his system.

sana me makuha pa silang PF..
    thornton can start at the SG spot..
    if s-dot's not returning..
    or move jj to 2, and have teletovic start..

they'll be a better team next season..

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing05 View Post
    sana me makuha pa silang PF..
    thornton can start at the SG spot..
    if s-dot's not returning..
    or move jj to 2, and have teletovic start..

they'll be a better team next season..
    I'd prefer na off the bench si Thornton. He's here to give the 2nd unit a boost in scoring.

My ideal starting 5 next year if we don't bring back S-Dot:

C-Lopez
    PF-Plumlee (if he improves)
    SF-Pierce
    SG-JJ
    PG-D-Will

Jason Kidd seems to have learned how to coach rather quickly, even winning a couple of COM awards.

Brooklyn's off-season moves should be very interesting, especially with the unli-money and sneaky ways of that Russian.

Ang pinaka-aasahan kong contribution na lang kay KG ngayon is to mentor Plumlee. KG was a beast on both ends in his prime and I think he can really leave a mark with the Nets if he could teach some offense to Plumlee and help improve his defense more.

I Love Holly Golightly!!! BubblesButtercup's Avatar
    Ano na ba plano ni PP? Go back to Boston or 1 more year sa BKN with KG?

Quote Originally Posted by BubblesButtercup View Post
    Ano na ba plano ni PP? Go back to Boston or 1 more year sa BKN with KG?
    I think he'll return for 3 reasons:

1. KG will be back in BKN. I don't see him turning down 12 mil. On that note, I don't see Pierce leaving his friend behind in BKN.
    2. Nets can offer the most money to Pierce.
    3. Very few teams will offer a significant amount of money to a 36 (?) year old guy.

s-dot's staying..
    so, set na starting line-up ng team..
    unless they can get someone via trade or FA..

Magulo pa ang future ng Nets ngayon.

PP, Livingston & Blatche are free agents.

Will DWill improve after his surgery?

Will Lopez be traded?

Will KG retire?

Quote Originally Posted by deronwilliams08 View Post
    Ang pinaka-aasahan kong contribution na lang kay KG ngayon is to mentor Plumlee. KG was a beast on both ends in his prime and I think he can really leave a mark with the Nets if he could teach some offense to Plumlee and help improve his defense more.
    KG played a big role in the development of Plumlee, but I think the Nets overspent on the old vet. If I'm not mistaken, KG posted career lows this season. Let's see if he improves as he goes back to his natural position at power forward once Brook Lopez returns (?).

In hindsight, parang masyado ngang impulsive at pang short-term lang yung pag kuha ng Nets kina PP & KG. Parang wala naging continuity.

Hirap pala maging GM.

Quote Originally Posted by anakniwolverine View Post
    Magulo pa ang future ng Nets ngayon.

PP, Livingston & Blatche are free agents.

Will DWill improve after his surgery?

Will Lopez be traded?

Will KG retire?

KG played a big role in the development of Plumlee, but I think the Nets overspent on the old vet. If I'm not mistaken, KG posted career lows this season. Let's see if he improves as he goes back to his natural position at power forward once Brook Lopez returns (?).

In hindsight, parang masyado ngang impulsive at pang short-term lang yung pag kuha ng Nets kina PP & KG. Parang wala naging continuity.

Hirap pala maging GM.
    Aminado naman sila na there's a 2-year window, so talagang bet all sila dito sa move na to. Year 1 was a failure. Let's see what year 2 will bring with everyone healthy at may chemistry na.

Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliLives View Post
    Aminado naman sila na there's a 2-year window, so talagang bet all sila dito sa move na to. Year 1 was a failure. Let's see what year 2 will bring with everyone healthy at may chemistry na.
    Na derail talaga ang Nets dahil sa mga injuries kaya medyo unfair kung di bibigyan ng second chance yung current lineup nila.

Andray Blatche will be playing for Gilas Pilipinas.

But there are reports that he may not be coming back to Brooklyn next season.

Sources: Mikhail Prokhorov listening to offers for Nets

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...205625843.html

Chris Mannix: Nets continuing to operate with the belief that Kevin Garnett will return next season, sources say. KG has been in contact with the team.
    Twitter @ChrisMannixSI -

Updates on the team:

Andrei Kirilenko is expected to pick up the player option on second year of his contract. I expect to see more playing time barring any injuries.

Billy King is looking to use the $2M he has to buy a pick in this year's draft. Late 1st round pick is unlikely, while a late 2nd round pick is possible.

Andray Blatche, as expected, opted out of his $1.43M player option for next season, making him an UFA.

The Brooklyn Nets and Cleveland Cavaliers are discussing a swap of guards Marcus Thornton and Jarrett Jack, according to sources briefed on the talks.

Jason Kidd is looking to give more playing time for Kirilenko next season. Barring another injury, he deserves to get it.

There is also a strong indication that KG will come back next season. If KG comes back, count in Pierce too.

Brook Lopez is already recovering from his injury. Then there's the expected development of Mason Plumlee's game this off-season.

With all of these developments, the odd man out is Blatche. He opted out of his contract and became a UFA. He's expendable now with all the big men the Nets have.

He gave us Nets fans a fantastic ride for the first two seasons in Brooklyn. Sometimes, good Blatche will show up and explode for 20 points, with a highlight reel to boot. Although bad Blatche shows up too and do those behind-the-back dribble, pump-fake fade away shots.

Good luck on representing our country in the FIBA World Cup! As well as to your future NBA career.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... Last