NBA - Page 3 | NBA | PinoyExchange
X

Page 3 of 11 First ... 2 3 4 ... Last
    And I don't think Milwaukee will become a contender any time soon. There are reports that they rejected the proposal of Brooklyn for compensation on this Kidd mess, a first rounder. It means they probably know for themselves that they will continue to suck big time in a weak Eastern conference and need those picks to continue stock piling talents and form a competitive team for years.

And Milwaukee is a basketball purgatory. No big time free agent would want to go there. Screw Kidd. I hope he fails there.

He has done enough damage on this franchise for me to despise him.

Quote Originally Posted by YoonJay18 View Post
    He wanted to trade Brook Lopez and Mirza Teletovic for a deranged Larry Sanders and Ersan Ilyasova during the trade deadline. IS HE ON EFFIN' DRUGS?

I know he wants a fast-paced offense predicated on athletic players, but trading Lopez for Sanders is straight up BS. I know Lopez has been oft injured these past few years, but I will take him any day of the week than a drug addict, now-rehabbing Larry Sanders. Ilyasova is on a decline, while Teletovic is just starting to strut his stuff.

And you're wrong. Jason Kidd has nonsense written all over him. His performance as a first year head coach was decent, bordering great. But him wanting to be the president of basketball operations in a small amount of time is just wrong. And with that proposed trade deadline deal he wanted, I'd want no part of him overseeing the Nets.

I want a first rounder from the Bucks to compensate for this mess. A lot of Nets fans accuse them and Kidd of tampering. With that proposed trade deal by Kidd, that accusation could be legit. If Milwaukee won't give it, then I'd like the Nets to file tampering charges.

As for the possible replacement, I really want Ettore Messina. He's one of the best coaches in Europe and was a part of the Lakers coaching staff once. He's the NO NONSENSE type of coach who only wants to win. He also has connections with Kirilenko and Prokhorov, so I think we have a chance.

Brooklyn needs to get a veteran coach who will lead this WIN-NOW team. And I think Messina will be a great choice, if ever.

Yeah, I wasn't talking about him being no-nonsense in the sense that he was great and all that. He was a scrub coach in his 1st year. What I meant was, this guy REALLY has a vision as far as his career trajectory goes. Now he wants to be GM/Coach of a rebuilding team, mold it into his liking, bla bla. I admire Kidd being ambitious, I'd give him that.

And btw, I kinda felt bad for myself regarding the 1st bolded part. I may be on drugs too, but I do that deal as well. BUT, only if Larry Sanders has proven that he's done with marijuana.

I just don't trust big men with serious foot issues. And before all the BS, Sanders was playing great. I'm also high on Ilyasova, so I dunno, I think I do that trade as well. But I'd need a 1st rounder from Milwaukee.

Milwaukee has a "chance" to have a better season than the Nets if Jabari Parker is for real, the Win NOW Brooklyn Nets missed their chance last season and their not going anywhere past 2nd round again next season unless they get young superstar in exchange for Pierce and KG.

Quote Originally Posted by LeBroom View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't talking about him being no-nonsense in the sense that he was great and all that. He was a scrub coach in his 1st year. What I meant was, this guy REALLY has a vision as far as his career trajectory goes. Now he wants to be GM/Coach of a rebuilding team, mold it into his liking, bla bla. I admire Kidd being ambitious, I'd give him that.

And btw, I kinda felt bad for myself regarding the 1st bolded part. I may be on drugs too, but I do that deal as well. BUT, only if Larry Sanders has proven that he's done with marijuana.

I just don't trust big men with serious foot issues. And before all the BS, Sanders was playing great. I'm also high on Ilyasova, so I dunno, I think I do that trade as well. But I'd need a 1st rounder from Milwaukee.
    He was indeed ambitious. He had a great vision. But the way he wanted to do it was PLAIN WRONG. Yelling at your bosses is definitely not a good way to reach his goals. He maligned the Russians leading to this mess. He did it to them even though they were the ones who convinced Billy King, who was not satisfied with Kidd at first, to hire him. The Lawrence Frank fiasco happened, the Russians were in full support of Kidd. And this is how he will repay them? If that's how he does things, then I can see his career trajectory going downhill.

Ilgauskas had the same injuries as Brook, as well as the same surgeries. Heck, the surgery Lopez had recently is the same surgery Ilgauskas had, both at the age of 25. Z's surgery was back in early 2000's, if my memory serves me right.

After the surgery, Z had a strict minutes restriction for one season. After that, it was gone. For the rest of his career, he only missed 20 games.

So, if we base it on history, I like Brook Lopez' chances.

BEFORE all the BS. That's the main thing. I don't think entering rehab will COMPLETELY bring back the Sanders we saw before this addiction he has.

Quote Originally Posted by taj_2306 View Post
    Milwaukee has a "chance" to have a better season than the Nets if Jabari Parker is for real, the Win NOW Brooklyn Nets missed their chance last season and their not going anywhere past 2nd round again next season unless they get young superstar in exchange for Pierce and KG.
    Brooklyn still has the core of Deron, JJ and Lopez. Milwaukee, on the other hand, has a potential superstar in Jabari Parker, Giannis, Knight, Henson, etc.

I'm pretty sure the next coach the Nets will take can lead this team to greater heights this season.
    Last edited by YoonJay18; Jun 30, 2014 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zep_Tepi View Post
    Mark Jackson, George Karl and Ettore Messina are among the possible replacements for Kidd at the Nets, according to ESPN.
    Messina is committed to the Spurs na, AFAIK.

George Karl should really retire na. Baka bumalik pa cancer niya if he doesn't.

It's official.
    Jason Kidd will be the head coach of the Milwaukee Bucks in exchange for 2 second round draft picks.

From what I have read so far, the Billy King/Jason Kidd clash started with the acquisition of Thornton from Sacramento. Kidd wanted Jarrett Jack from the Raptors, but King chose to get Thornton.

Ironically, Billy King is now pushing for a Thornton/Jack trade in case Livingston decides to leave Brooklyn.

It has been a crazy season with the Brooklyn Nets.
    So long, guys... and good luck to your team.

Part of me thinks Kidd was planning this all along. Get his foot in the coaching door and then demand a higher offer after his 1st year. Well good riddance Jason Ddik.

he he .... soda "hit me" jerk of a coach doesnt want to clean up his mess. could still remember the playoffs. he couldnt come up with plays except for the isolation of JJohnson.

LHollins and MJackson are the immediate candidates for his replacement. it will be a big upgrade.

no originality. copycat ni CoachDRivers.

Kidd was shortchanged if you compare his salary to what Kerr & Fisher will be getting as rookie coaches.

But I also feel that it was premature for him to demand for a higher position.

Anyways...
    It was unfortunate that he wasn't given the chance to coach a healthy Brooklyn Nets. The Nets were awesome the first few games of last season, before Brook got injured. And then injuries had a snowball effect. Oh well. I think both the Nets & JKidd learned a lot for last season.

Quote Originally Posted by anakniwolverine View Post
    Kidd was shortchanged if you compare his salary to what Kerr & Fisher will be getting as rookie coaches.
    Why should he compare? He accepted the contract from Brooklyn right? He had an excellent roster too. Fisher is still for away from contention and Brookyln's roster last season was better than GSW's on paper.

if soda jerk couldnt coach a team full of seasoned veterans, what gave him the idea he could coach a rag tag cellar dweller team to prominence.

he left the NYKnicks to coach and he enjoyed the limelight. now he is feeling the heat from the spotlights, he is using the contracts of SKerr and DFisher as an excuse in leaving an unsuccessful talent laden team like the BNets.

next time, he will say he wants to coach JParker.

and worse, he will say he is pro-ukraine.

please bring a mop to Milwaukee.

I'm just glad this mess is already done. Kidd for Bucks' two second round picks.

As for the new Nets coach, I want Ettore Messina to coach this team. Her is probably the Poppovich of European basketball with his emphasis on ball movement.

rational, I read somewhere that R.C. Buford denied hiring Messina. So, I guess Brooklyn can reach out to him.
    Last edited by YoonJay18; Jul 1, 2014 at 03:04 AM.

Kidd likely to bring along 2 of the Nets assistant coaches - Eric Hughes and Sean Sweeney. Baka Barclay's Center gusto niya rin buhatin at dalhin sa MIL?

Quote Originally Posted by doc_ama View Post
    Kidd likely to bring along 2 of the Nets assistant coaches - Eric Hughes and Sean Sweeney. Baka Barclay's Center gusto niya rin buhatin at dalhin sa MIL?

Sean Sweeney was going to coach the Nets in the summer league. Kidd f*cked up the Nets once again.

Ettore Messina. Lionel Hollins. George Karl. Those are my preferences (in order) to be the next head coach of the Nets.

Kidd is such a BS. nuff said.

I like this Messina guy to coach Brooklyn. Prokohrov needs a guy that he can trust. A russian can definitely trust someone who coached a russian champion team right?

Good luck sa Bucks. Malamang aalis din yan next season.

Will they take kidd's jersey off the rafters? Jason kidd fan since HS days but im pretty much disappointed with his actions... Dont dare go to russia jkidd.

Oh well, not expecting much from his new team. Thank you nets and goodluck!

The thing with the bucks is that they are a young team though it would take more than kidd's contract to take this team to greater hieghts! Hope this jp is for real!
    Last edited by nets; Jul 1, 2014 at 09:48 AM.

Nets fans, don't rejoice just yet!

The biggest ******* is still on your team: BILLY KING.

Quote Originally Posted by LeBroom View Post
    Nets fans, don't rejoice just yet!

The biggest ******* is still on your team: BILLY KING.
    Nah, I'm fine with him.

The Nets fan base are divided on this guy. For me, though, he was just doing what Prokhorov wants. Build a win-now team using available assets. He is well-liked by the Russians too. So I don't think he'll go any time soon.

He made deals to keep Deron. It's not his fault for Deron's bum ankles. He wanted to change the culture of this team by getting KG and Pierce. He was successful on that one.

At the first place, he was not satisfied on Kidd duri his interview. Only the Russians were adamant to hire Jason. So, this Kidd mess is not his fault.

His greatest blunder is that Wallace trade. We gave up our 1st round pick for a washed up veteran, which turned out to be Lillard. KG and Pierce might also leave after Kidd effed up is organization. We gave up a lot of first rounders for those two too.

To sum it up, King was successful in bringing a winning team in their first few years in Brooklyn. Now, the next step is to build a championship team.

Quote Originally Posted by just1n View Post
    I like this Messina guy to coach Brooklyn. Prokohrov needs a guy that he can trust. A russian can definitely trust someone who coached a russian champion team right?
    Exactly. He won with CSKA Moscow during the time Prokhorov is bankrolling that team. So, he knows that Messina can bring favorable results as a coach.

He is a coach that emphasizes ball movement, which is a must for me. He brings in a winning pedigree and is a veteran tactician. I don't think Brooklyn can do worse with him on the sidelines.

I really hope Prokhorov brings him in.

Page 3 of 11 First ... 2 3 4 ... Last