NBA - Page 2 | NBA | PinoyExchange

Page 2 of 11 First 1 2 3 ... Last
    With a budget of $2M, it was impossible for the Nets to nab a 1st round pick without giving some assets. Billy King said there were chances of getting a 1st round pick, but the assets the other teams wanted were players he won't trade, so he passed up.

Instead, we used $1.9M on three good prospects. Markel Brown, Xavier Thames and Cory Jefferson.

Brown is a very athletic combo guard. He is a bit undersized at 6'3 but has a very high vertical leap. He's tied for the highest in this year's draft combine.

Thames, according to those who have watched him play, is a 'decent 3 point shooter, unbelievable mid range game and great off of screens and off the dribble, underrated defender too.'

Jefferson, on the other hand, has an NBA body and a decent post scorer and defender.

All of these guys played a long time in college. They are all decent prospects who has a chance of cracking this year's roster. These are the type of players that a contending team, like BKN, needs. Players who have defined skill set that caters to team's certain needs.

It will be an interesting summer camp for these guys. As well as to other holdovers who are also included like Gutierrez and Teague.
    Last edited by YoonJay18; Jun 27, 2014 at 02:52 PM.

Thames can play.

No idea about Markel Brown, I don't know him.

Cory Jefferson I wanted on the Knicks. I thought we were getting him with #57.

Thames is legit tho, he has that killer mentality that's so rare these days.

Quote Originally Posted by LeBroom View Post
    Thames can play.

No idea about Markel Brown, I don't know him.

Cory Jefferson I wanted on the Knicks. I thought we were getting him with #57.

Thames is legit tho, he has that killer mentality that's so rare these days.
    Markel Brown can fly! That's all I can say after watching his highlights on YouTube.

A lot of Nets fans are also intrigued on Thames. You were spot on about the killer mentality thing, as a lot of Nets fans who have watched him also mentioned it.

Yeah, I saw the highlights, Brown is a high flyer. Could he be a Nate Robinson type? We'll see.

I really like Thames, if you don't retain Shawn Livingston, I'd argue that Thames is already the BEST PG in your roster -- bang for buck.

Yeah, I saw the highlights, Brown is a high flyer. Could he be a Nate Robinson type? We'll see.

I really like Thames, if you don't retain Shawn Livingston, I'd argue that Thames is already the BEST PG in your roster -- bang for buck.
    Over Deron? Is he that good?

Quote Originally Posted by YoonJay18 View Post
    Over Deron? Is he that good?
    Haha, I said bang for buck. You guys would be paying this guy what? 720k? Deron's making 20+mm and is playing like a guy making $2.5m a year.

Deron still better than Thames talent-wise obviously.

Haha, I said bang for buck. You guys would be paying this guy what? 720k? Deron's making 20+mm and is playing like a guy making $2.5m a year.

Deron still better than Thames talent-wise obviously.
    Well, he did score 0 point in a crucial playoff game last year. You could say he's a guy making $720K too.

He is now recovering from surgeries on both ankles. I hope he recovers well and plays Utah Deron one again.
    Last edited by YoonJay18; Jun 27, 2014 at 09:44 PM.

Whatever happened to Deron... If next season is another year of excuses for that guy, can we all agree that Deron was right all along? THAT HE IS A SYSTEM PLAYER, and Sloan created the star that he once was.

Whatever happened to Deron... If next season is another year of excuses for that guy, can we all agree that Deron was right all along? THAT HE IS A SYSTEM PLAYER, and Sloan created the star that he once was.
    He was never 100% healthy in his tenure as a Net. Now that he finally underwent surgery, this is probably the first time he'll be entering the season with good ankles.

I saw a highlight video of Markel Brown on youtube and I think he can be a good addition to the Nets as an explosive slasher with a decent jumper. He's a bit undersized for his position, but his 6'9'' wingspan and explosive jump compensate for his height.

And I noticed that in some of those plays, he kinda moves like Kobe. I'm not saying he'll be as big as Kobe, but I think he can contribute to the team. I hope he'll be able to play with the same intensity as Alan Anderson.

Thames also looks like he can be a good insurance in case DWill can't recover from his surgeries. If he makes the team, he can play SG while Livingston plays the point (when DWill & JJ ).

...and Cory Jefferson can be a replacement for Blatche.

I just hope that these guys can defend against other NBA players.

In other news, the Nets organization has just unveiled the plans for their new $45M state of the art training facility.

Last edited by anakniwolverine; Jun 29, 2014 at 12:15 AM.

Jason Kidd just went nuts. After one season as a rookie coach, he wants to become the team's president of basketball operations. It started from the fact that first time coaches Steve Kerr and Derek Fisher got way more expensive contracts than he has.

He asked the Russians about it, they declined. Game over for the Nets and Jason Kidd. He even had the guts to yell at Prokhorov's right hand Dmitry Razumov. Such a shame for my first NBA idol.

Although some conspiracy theorists thinks that there's a tampering happening between Kidd and the Bucks, which is his likely destination. One of the Bucks' owner is/was a financial adviser to Kidd. Talks are on-going on potential compensations MIL has to give to BKN for the Nets to release Kidd.

Personally, I am more saddened for the Nets. Kidd was my very first NBA idol, but I've always been a team fan. Kidd can go to hel!, for all I care. But this brouhaha will cause a major setback for the team.

We already had the system in place. The identity we were looking for. Continuity was the only thing we needed to do. Kidd screwed it all up.

Let's just get this over with and find a new coach who can bring this WIN-NOW mode team to what they are aiming for, a CHAMPIONSHIP.

Adrian Wojnarowski: In pursuing exit to Milwaukee, source tells Yahoo of Jason Kidd's ambitions: "He wants the Doc and Pop role (there). Running everything." Twitter @WojYahooNBA

---

I did not see this coming.

Apparently Kidd wants to be Phil, Pat and Pop rolled into one.

Nets Daily: Source says Kidd upset with the financial packages Steve Kerr and Derek Fisher received as well as powers Doc Rivers was recently granted Twitter @NetsDaily

----

Kidd wants more money and power.

WTF?!!!

JKidd is leaving?!!!!

I wonder what really happened between him & Billy King.

Well... Steve Kerr & Derek Fisher both got bigger contracts from the Warriors & the Knicks and I believe Kidd deserves a raise or a promotion too.

ESPN has reported that George Karl or Lionel Hollins are possible replacement for Kidd.

The plot thickens.
    News say that the Nets are allowing him to be interviewed by the Bucks... who had the worst record last season.

The news is saying that Kidd doesn't want to be a head coach for the Bucks and that the Bucks has offered Kidd the president of basketball operations.

What about the Lakers?
    Has he been talking to the Lakers?
    Reports say that the Lakers are not interested with Kidd.

im not impressed with CoachJKidd especially how his team played in the regular season and playoff.

his players played him like puppet and he could get this marquee players to play cohesively.

walang game plan puro iso kay JJohnson.

Well that escalated quickly.

Nets fans, telling this to you as an unbiased fan from the outside looking in... You can DO BETTER THAN JASON KIDD.

Let him go and chase his dream in Milkwaukee. I don't blame him. He has a superstar there in Jabari Parker, a young roster he can mold, and a plethora of assets that the Nets do not have.

I'm not saying Milwaukee is better than your team, but as far as a clearer future and assets present, they may be in better shape than the Nets.

I can understand why Kidd wants to jump. More money, more power, more assets, more flexibility, more time, more patient fans, no media microscope, Jabari Parker. Milwaukee is a great choice for him. He can quietly build a strong career there - then eventually, he will go after more paper and leave Milwaukee high and dry in 4-5 years (OR LESS).

It's clear now that Jason Kidd means no nonsense. He wants to be considered down the line as one of the best players and coaches in NBA History. The guy is a boss.

Brooklyn, let him go. You can do better. A more experienced coach who knows exactly what he's doing WAS ALWAYS the better choice. Jason Kidd was a PR move more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by gotta lick it View Post
    im not impressed with CoachJKidd especially how his team played in the regular season and playoff.

his players played him like puppet and he could get this marquee players to play cohesively.

walang game plan puro iso kay JJohnson.
    I can't rate him properly during the regular season. He didn't have a full roster and was juggling his starters due to player injuries.

But yeah... I was disappointed with him during the playoffs too.

There was a game where the Nets went to JJ exclusively in one quarter.

But I still believe that he is a better coach than Kerr or Fisher... or even Doc.

Mark Jackson, George Karl and Ettore Messina are among the possible replacements for Kidd at the Nets, according to ESPN.

Well that escalated quickly.

Nets fans, telling this to you as an unbiased fan from the outside looking in... You can DO BETTER THAN JASON KIDD.

Let him go and chase his dream in Milkwaukee. I don't blame him. He has a superstar there in Jabari Parker, a young roster he can mold, and a plethora of assets that the Nets do not have.

I'm not saying Milwaukee is better than your team, but as far as a clearer future and assets present, they may be in better shape than the Nets.

I can understand why Kidd wants to jump. More money, more power, more assets, more flexibility, more time, more patient fans, no media microscope, Jabari Parker. Milwaukee is a great choice for him. He can quietly build a strong career there - then eventually, he will go after more paper and leave Milwaukee high and dry in 4-5 years (OR LESS).

It's clear now that Jason Kidd means no nonsense. He wants to be considered down the line as one of the best players and coaches in NBA History. The guy is a boss.

Brooklyn, let him go. You can do better. A more experienced coach who knows exactly what he's doing WAS ALWAYS the better choice. Jason Kidd was a PR move more than anything.
    He wanted to trade Brook Lopez and Mirza Teletovic for a deranged Larry Sanders and Ersan Ilyasova during the trade deadline. IS HE ON EFFIN' DRUGS?

I know he wants a fast-paced offense predicated on athletic players, but trading Lopez for Sanders is straight up BS. I know Lopez has been oft injured these past few years, but I will take him any day of the week than a drug addict, now-rehabbing Larry Sanders. Ilyasova is on a decline, while Teletovic is just starting to strut his stuff.

And you're wrong. Jason Kidd has nonsense written all over him. His performance as a first year head coach was decent, bordering great. But him wanting to be the president of basketball operations in a small amount of time is just wrong. And with that proposed trade deadline deal he wanted, I'd want no part of him overseeing the Nets.

I want a first rounder from the Bucks to compensate for this mess. A lot of Nets fans accuse them and Kidd of tampering. With that proposed trade deal by Kidd, that accusation could be legit. If Milwaukee won't give it, then I'd like the Nets to file tampering charges.

As for the possible replacement, I really want Ettore Messina. He's one of the best coaches in Europe and was a part of the Lakers coaching staff once. He's the NO NONSENSE type of coach who only wants to win. He also has connections with Kirilenko and Prokhorov, so I think we have a chance.

Brooklyn needs to get a veteran coach who will lead this WIN-NOW team. And I think Messina will be a great choice, if ever.

Page 2 of 11 First 1 2 3 ... Last