New York Knicks Thread: #KnicksTape | NBA | PinoyExchange

Page 1 of 23 1 2 11 ... Last

Lightbulb New York Knicks Thread: #KnicksTape

I think it's best if we stop creating new threads every season. This could serve as the official Knicks thread until it reaches the maximum posts (hence, we make a new one).

Things to look forward to for the 2014-2015 Season:

1.) Phil Jackson

For the first time since God knows when, James Dolan will be hands off on basketball operations. Phil Jackson is in charge, and this could mean great things for the franchise. Gone are the days where we are being butt-f*cked in trades. We're not going to be bending backwards over players and agent demands anymore!

2.) Triangle Offense

One of the best offenses ever created is the TRIANGLE offense. It's a very simple offensive scheme that has delivered quite a few championships to Chicago and Los Angeles. With Phil Jackson in the mix, it's as clear as day that the Knicks will be running the Triangle regardless of who coaches. If it's someone under Phil's tree, then we're going Triangle all the way. If it's someone outside; we can still expect that coach to implement some triangle - which is a good thing.

3.) Carmelo Anthony

Obviously, this is the guy we all want to see! The man who breathes and lives New York City. One of the most prolific scorers in NBA History... New York's own, Carmelo Anthony!

This off-season is all about making Melo stay. Whatever it takes, resign Carmelo Anthony. Phil's a smart guy, he knows Melo is special, so there's no way he lets Melo slip away from his hands. 2016 is far away, and although Phil is eyeing Durant, we still need Carmelo right now, for the next 2 years at least since Durant isn't even a guarantee.

Keep Melo, and build around him.

4.) New Roster!

Pretty much, yeah. Felton won't be here, half of the guys won't probably be here in opening day. We'll see a new set of role players surrounding Melo this year. Hopefully Phil can pull off some trades, but the main objective should be to field a competitive team this year and go all out in the 2015 Free Agency.

For now, let's wait and see how the NBA Draft unfolds. Our pick is owned by Denver...

Phil Jackson is rumored to buy a couple of 2nd round picks tho.

LET'S GO KNICKS!

I'm not sure, pero diba si Dolan pa din ang nag-set ng salary offer kay Kerr at hindi si Jackson? Parang nabasa ko lang somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliLives View Post
    I'm not sure, pero diba si Dolan pa din ang nag-set ng salary offer kay Kerr at hindi si Jackson? Parang nabasa ko lang somewhere.
    False Reports. NYK Media has an agenda - some writers like Isola (who manufactures rumors/lies) capitalize on Dolan's past.

The Steve Kerr deal was ALL Phil Jackson. 4.33 million per year, $13M for 3 years. That's FAIR for a rookie coach, actually that's a LOT. GSW was just willing to pay him more. The Warriors wanted him so bad; ironically only after Jackson wanted him. But it is what it is.

I Love Holly Golightly!!! BubblesButtercup's Avatar
    diring diri ka na ba sa last thread nyo dahil sa kahihiyaan last season?

OnT:

Melo should leave, di pwedeng mag-antay na naman sya ng isa pang kangkong na season bago masuka yung mga contracts nila bargs, stat at chandler.

Bulls, saktong sakto for Melo.

Hopefully Phil Jax can fix those mess.

^ Hindi na nakakapagtaka kung bigla siyang nawala at bumalik ulit after ng kahihiyan

Quote Originally Posted by LeBroom View Post
    False Reports. NYK Media has an agenda - some writers like Isola (who manufactures rumors/lies) capitalize on Dolan's past.

The Steve Kerr deal was ALL Phil Jackson. 4.33 million per year, $13M for 3 years. That's FAIR for a rookie coach, actually that's a LOT. GSW was just willing to pay him more. The Warriors wanted him so bad; ironically only after Jackson wanted him. But it is what it is.
    agree

so can we dismiss the rumors that GMPJackson taked with MWP and LOdom plus PGasol's chatter that he is interested in playing with the NYKnicks?

Quote Originally Posted by BubblesButtercup View Post
    diring diri ka na ba sa last thread nyo dahil sa kahihiyaan last season?

OnT:

Melo should leave, di pwedeng mag-antay na naman sya ng isa pang kangkong na season bago masuka yung mga contracts nila bargs, stat at chandler.

Bulls, saktong sakto for Melo.

Hopefully Phil Jax can fix those mess.
    Last season was indeed a nightmare, but that's not why I made a new thread. You're better than that Blossom.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGilas View Post
    ^ Hindi na nakakapagtaka kung bigla siyang nawala at bumalik ulit after ng kahihiyan
    Aww... Lookie here. Some unknown trying to hop in on the Hate Train

Listen, you haven't earned your stripes yet kiddo. Only a select few can go back and forth with me, and you're not part of that club. GTFO.

BTW. I find it very interesting, that every time I "come back", I don't even need to post a THREAD that I'm back. It's as if minions such as yourself await my arrival and make a big deal out of it. I mean, I do understand that I'm a GOD around here, but it's still silly how guys like you talk about it like cheap hounds.

I decide when I post, and when I stop posting. I decide when I want to take a break, and when I want to discuss basketball here in PEx. Pardon me if I don't disclose my daily schedule with you, okay? I'm truly sorry.

Hurray, you're famous now! Thank me later.

Quote Originally Posted by gotta lick it View Post
    agree

so can we dismiss the rumors that GMPJackson taked with MWP and LOdom plus PGasol's chatter that he is interested in playing with the NYKnicks?
    Well, Odom's with the Knicks now. I have no idea about MWP, but Metta's a huge Knicks fan and he was did wrong by Mike Woodson, so I can see him coming back for another go round. Gasol on the other hand is a bit tough to quantify. As discussed in the other thread, he might be too pricey; but if he's willing to come here for 4-5m per year or if we can facilitate a sign and trade, then I can see it happening.

Aww... Lookie here. Some unknown trying to hop in on the Hate Train

Listen, you haven't earned your stripes yet kiddo. Only a select few can go back and forth with me, and you're not part of that club. GTFO.

BTW. I find it very interesting, that every time I "come back", I don't even need to post a THREAD that I'm back. It's as if minions such as yourself await my arrival and make a big deal out of it. I mean, I do understand that I'm a GOD around here, but it's still silly how guys like you talk about it like cheap hounds.

I decide when I post, and when I stop posting. I decide when I want to take a break, and when I want to discuss basketball here in PEx. Pardon me if I don't disclose my daily schedule with you, okay? I'm truly sorry.

Hurray, you're famous now! Thank me later.
    Awwwwww Ok lang yan. Malay mo next year mag-champion na Knicks. Pero nakakatuwa yung season ng Knicks this year ah. Talagang "They are Back". Keep it up!

Welcome back, LeBroom!

Uhm, as far as I know, triangle offense is NOT a very simple offensive scheme. It is a very intricate offense that requires constant ball and player movement. It takes a lot of time before a team can fully grasp the intricacies of the triangle. There are a thousand of options a team can go to when they run the triangle.

With Melo's ability to both play the post and shoot from the perimeter, he can even become a better player under the triangle. Double teaming Melo would be a rarity if the triangle is well-executed and he's surrounded by shooters. The emphasis of the triangle as an equal opportunity offense could either be a positive or a negative issue for Melo. It depends on how he trusts the system, the coach, and his teammates.

To run the triangle, Phil must surround Melo with a lot of shooters. A pass-first PG is not a necessity in this kind of offense, as all five players on the court is required to move the ball until a scoring opportunity presents itself. A big man who is a great interior passer with a decent perimeter shooting (e.g. David West) would be an ideal pick-up for the Knicks.

Phil Jackson's triangle has produced a lot of championships for the Lakers and Bulls in the NBA. While Tim Cone's triangle (which, according to Tex Winter, is more complicated than Phil's) has given him 17 championships in the PBA, 1 grand slam, and a possible second if San Mig goes all the way this conference. Either way, there's only one thing in common for the teams that run the triangle, CHAMPIONSHIPS. A testament to how effective this offense can be.

All hell is breaking loose. Will BR this one in a bit. May tinatapos lang. Ibang klase talaga si LeBroom.

Quote Originally Posted by YoonJay18 View Post
    Welcome back, LeBroom!

Uhm, as far as I know, triangle offense is NOT a very simple offensive scheme. It is a very intricate offense that requires constant ball and player movement. It takes a lot of time before a team can fully grasp the intricacies of the triangle. There are a thousand of options a team can go to when they run the triangle.

With Melo's ability to both play the post and shoot from the perimeter, he can even become a better player under the triangle. Double teaming Melo would be a rarity if the triangle is well-executed and he's surrounded by shooters. The emphasis of the triangle as an equal opportunity offense could either be a positive or a negative issue for Melo. It depends on how he trusts the system, the coach, and his teammates.

To run the triangle, Phil must surround Melo with a lot of shooters. A pass-first PG is not a necessity in this kind of offense, as all five players on the court is required to move the ball until a scoring opportunity presents itself. A big man who is a great interior passer with a decent perimeter shooting (e.g. David West) would be an ideal pick-up for the Knicks.

Phil Jackson's triangle has produced a lot of championships for the Lakers and Bulls in the NBA. While Tim Cone's triangle (which, according to Tex Winter, is more complicated than Phil's) has given him 17 championships in the PBA, 1 grand slam, and a possible second if San Mig goes all the way this conference. Either way, there's only one thing in common for the teams that run the triangle, CHAMPIONSHIPS. A testament to how effective this offense can be.
    I get where you're coming from. But I personally studied the triangle myself since I got fascinated with this whole Phil Jackson to the Knicks a few months ago. I understand it's complicated - but what I mean is when the players memorize/master the offensive scheme, it's very basic and doesn't require further instructions.

Notice how Phil Jackson just sits his @ss and let's his players play? That's cause the Triangle is a set offense - you have 4 options (sometimes more), wherein what all the players have to do is simply check if these options are available (1 by 1) and then see what they can run. You can check some Triangle tutorials on YouTube if you have time; it's a very interesting offense. Phil barely even gives out instructions because the players know what to do.

Also explains that contrary to popular belief, Kobe and Jordan didn't really "play out of the Triangle" (altho there are SOME instances that they had to); there's 1 option on the triangle where your star wing would be the one to create. Just so happened that Phil had the luxury of having Jordan/Kobe; someone who is capable of hitting those ridiculous shots.

Medyo off nga siguro na sabihing simple offensive scheme, since it does take time to MEMORIZE the options. Yabang eh no kasi inaral na

BUT ENOUGH WITH THE BORING PART...

I'm really interested in how Melo will be featured in the Triangle. He has a ton of potential to beast in that system!

the NYK-LAX rumors continues ..... X meaning ex-Lakers.

GMPJackson is just waiting from the end of the season to announce that DFisher will the next NYKnicks coach.

I Love Holly Golightly!!! BubblesButtercup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gotta lick it View Post
    the NYK-LAX rumors continues ..... X meaning ex-Lakers.

GMPJackson is just waiting from the end of the season to announce that DFisher will the next NYKnicks coach.
    source??

PIna naman e baka pinaglololoko mo lang kame. PShet naman oh. HHaha.

WCome back nga pala LBroom.

Let us not forget teams that tried using it and failed. Kurt Rambis in T-wolves, Tim Floyd in Chicago and Cleamons in Dallas.

I guess its easy to know the concepts. Its hard to execute. If you are a coach, you need time for players to get comfortable to it. That's something those that were unsuccessful didn't have. They were fired long before the team can execute it well.

Quote Originally Posted by talunan08 View Post
    Let us not forget teams that tried using it and failed. Kurt Rambis in T-wolves, Tim Floyd in Chicago and Cleamons in Dallas.

I guess its easy to know the concepts. Its hard to execute. If you are a coach, you need time for players to get comfortable to it. That's something those that were unsuccessful didn't have. They were fired long before the team can execute it well.
    Not familiar with Floyd and Cleamons' time; I might not have given a crap with those teams... But as for Rambis - can we really say he had the personnel for the system? Plus, Rambis isn't really HC material if we think about it. I don't want to be cheap and reference a PBA coach in terms of triangle success, but you know who I'm talking about

The sample size is small in terms of both FAILURE and SUCCESS of the Triangle (lots of chips, but just 1 guy doing it all). Shaw's Nuggets didn't have the personnel nor the healthy bodies to make the system work. So again, maybe it would be best if we see how New York operates this Triangle (if they do), so at least we see how the system works WITHOUT a Jordan/Kobe and WITHOUT Phil actually calling the shots (but still guiding).

I get where you're coming from. But I personally studied the triangle myself since I got fascinated with this whole Phil Jackson to the Knicks a few months ago. I understand it's complicated - but what I mean is when the players memorize/master the offensive scheme, it's very basic and doesn't require further instructions.

Notice how Phil Jackson just sits his @ss and let's his players play? That's cause the Triangle is a set offense - you have 4 options (sometimes more), wherein what all the players have to do is simply check if these options are available (1 by 1) and then see what they can run. You can check some Triangle tutorials on YouTube if you have time; it's a very interesting offense. Phil barely even gives out instructions because the players know what to do.

Also explains that contrary to popular belief, Kobe and Jordan didn't really "play out of the Triangle" (altho there are SOME instances that they had to); there's 1 option on the triangle where your star wing would be the one to create. Just so happened that Phil had the luxury of having Jordan/Kobe; someone who is capable of hitting those ridiculous shots.

Medyo off nga siguro na sabihing simple offensive scheme, since it does take time to MEMORIZE the options. Yabang eh no kasi inaral na

BUT ENOUGH WITH THE BORING PART...

I'm really interested in how Melo will be featured in the Triangle. He has a ton of potential to beast in that system!
    I, too, was fascinated with the triangle offense. Especially with Tim Cone's San Mig current three-peat run and gunning for a grand slam. Thus, I also watched a lot of videos about it on YouTube.

That was Phil Jackson's demeanor as a coach. Calm and collected. But not every coach will be like that. As the Knicks learn the ins and outs of the triangle, there will be some struggles. But once they get it, it will be wonderful to watch the Knicks on the offensive end.

I also believed that Kobe and Jordan played within the bounds of the triangle offense. With Melo having the same explosive offensive game as those two, the triangle offense, as I've said before, will only make him a better player.

Not familiar with Floyd and Cleamons' time; I might not have given a crap with those teams... But as for Rambis - can we really say he had the personnel for the system? Plus, Rambis isn't really HC material if we think about it. I don't want to be cheap and reference a PBA coach in terms of triangle success, but you know who I'm talking about

The sample size is small in terms of both FAILURE and SUCCESS of the Triangle (lots of chips, but just 1 guy doing it all). Shaw's Nuggets didn't have the personnel nor the healthy bodies to make the system work. So again, maybe it would be best if we see how New York operates this Triangle (if they do), so at least we see how the system works WITHOUT a Jordan/Kobe and WITHOUT Phil actually calling the shots (but still guiding).
    If your talking about Tim Cone, come on now. He's an elite coach. I believe he has the potential to be a better coach than some of the coaches in the NBA right now.

He's made Tex Winter's triangle more complicated than Phil's. That, alone, can say a lot about his coaching ability.

AFAIK, Shaw didn't fully run the triangle in Denver. As you've said, they didn't have the personnel to run the system.

If your talking about Tim Cone, come on now. He's an elite coach. I believe he has the potential to be a better coach than some of the coaches in the NBA right now.

He's made Tex Winter's triangle more complicated than Phil's. That, alone, can say a lot about his coaching ability.

AFAIK, Shaw didn't fully run the triangle in Denver. As you've said, they didn't have the personnel to run the system.

I LIKE TIM CONE! Haha, I think you misunderstood me. What I meant was that I can't really line him up with the NBA coaches because he's not in the NBA, and the PBA is a different league.

I'm an Alaska Aces fan since birth, and I once thought Tim Cone was actually the kid in the can. Hated seeing him go to San Mig. I don't like San Mig's personnel so I never really cheered for them. Lol sorta OT.

That's why I was refuting the notion that "there's only one thing in common for the teams that run the triangle, CHAMPIONSHIPS" statement. There are people who failed to translate the concept into wins.

Floyd was the Bulls coach right after Chicago's 2nd 3-peat. Cleamons was a Dallas coach.

Quote Originally Posted by BubblesButtercup View Post
    source??

PIna naman e baka pinaglololoko mo lang kame. PShet naman oh. HHaha.

WCome back nga pala LBroom.
    Knicks want to talk to Derek Fisher
    Marc Stein and Ramona Shelburne | ESPN.com | May 19, 2014
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...g-derek-fisher

Knicks set on speaking to Derek Fisher about coaching job, according to report
    Kevin Zimmerman | SBNation | May 19, 2014
    http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/5/1...isher-coaching

Phil Jackson won’t reach out to Fisher until after playoffs
    Marc Berman | NYPost | May 19, 2014
    http://nypost.com/2014/05/19/derek-f...aching-knicks/

Page 1 of 23 1 2 11 ... Last