PEx Highlights

FEATURE: The Travails of Chot Reyes

Find out as Jay P. Mercado weighs in on the criticism handed to our national basketball team coach, Chot Reyes.

read more

UAAP End of Eliminations Power Rankings

Fun times in Katipunan, the streaking Red Warriors and a very happy Norbert Torres. All that and more in this week's power rankings!

read more

The Naked Truth Scene Stealers

Here are some clear runway winners people are talking about in the recently held Bench fashion show, The Naked Truth.

read more

PHOTOS: NU Books Final Four Slot

Bong Galanza blew a chance to win it for UE in the dying seconds of the game, failing to secure a comeback win. National U came out as victors, 51-49.

read more

PHOTOS: FEU Outmuscles La Salle, Claim #2 Seed

The FEU Tamaraws secured the #2 seed in the Final Four after beating the DLSU Green Archers, 65-60.

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: Wish I Was Here

Joey King breaks out in her role in a pretty decent dramedy, Wish I Was Here.

read more

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauxmeio View Post
    Ateneo Fan and just being realistic, this will be a La Salle win.

Hopefully Ateneo can make the scores close.

3-4 Sets by La Salle, POG : Galang

I Salute you my friend! But with this achievement of Ateneo, its already a done deal for them this season.

P = NP? Useless PhD.
    Quote Originally Posted by warypawn View Post
    If this ADMU team can beat the #4peat seeking DLSU, hindi ba parang sampal sa mukha ng Fab5 "legacy"?
    Di naman, but nice try. Valdez-Lazaro-De Jesus-Morado-Gopico-Morente, etc.. would have most likely not gone to Ateneo if it weren't for the Fab5. That Ateneo is now consistently competitive in volleyball -- ever since ... well ... never -- is the Fab5 legacy. Only an opposing fantard fails to see this.

Ateneo fan here! If ever La Salle wins this championship, please Lang, Mika Reyes for finals MVP!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EXmindanaoan View Post
    And so it comes down to this, another Ateneo - La Salle final. What a boon for Philippine volleyball.

At least this time around, Ateneo isn't entering the finals with a height disadvantage. The odds are still stacked against them, but the match-up of Ahomiro (5'10") and Patnongon (6'0") against Marano (5'9") and Reyes (5'11") is much less skewed than it was for the Ho (5'7") - Nacachi (5'7") duo. There might arguably still be a skills gap, but we'll have to see just how wide this is.

The open/utility hitters of each team seem to balance each other out: Valdez (5'9") - Morente (5'7") - De Jesus (5'2"?) against Galang (5'8") - Demecillo (5'9") - Cheng (5'8"), certainly skills/impact-wise, if not height-wise.

And as for the all-important supporting cast, we have the two best (and most loveable) setters in the league: Morado (5'8") - Fajardo (5'8"). Ateneo has the best libero this season in Lazaro, but the Cruz/Macandili tandem is no pushover either and they benefit from La Salle's excellent team defense over-all.

Coaching (and especially scouting) will be key. I am not convinced that Coach Tai can outsmart Coach Ramil in his first year. But I would like to be surprised.

Then there are the intangibles: championship experience vs the diminished pressure in being the underdog, the crowd factor, the breaks of the game, gulang, diskarte.

Too close to call for me.

Many will, for good reason, give this outrightly to La Salle, what with its two regular season wins over Ateneo. But any reasonable person can see that the Ateneo team the Archers faced a few months ago (for two successive weeks, mind you) is not the same team that just beat NU (the presumed Finalist for this season) twice, a resurgent ADU (twice!), UST and FEU -- teams that are no pushovers to say the least -- ever since they got back their coach.

La Salle can definitely lose this one. And the likelihood of this happening is only increased if the Lady Archers drink from the same Kool-Aid that grants its many fantards their presumed invincibility.

For the Lady Eagles, they must soon realize that they do have a legitimate chance this time -- the skills are certainly there and so is the necessary grit to win close games. The sooner they realize this, the better their chances get. Theirs already is a Cinderella sports story like no other. But they have to be hungry for more.

So sit back and enjoy volleyball fans, you're in for a real treat!
    nice analysis.

siguro contributing factor din na walang expectations ang fans at ang school mismo sa lady eagles kaya di sila gaanong kapressured na magplace or magfinals. volleyball fans in general weren't really expecting the admu-wvt to contend for one of the final four slots. the LE are the overachievers of this season.

iba yung nagawa ni coach tai bundit for the team. fast plays even for the open spikers. better conditioning (nagslim down si de jesus, patnongon, ahomiro), nadevelop ang endurance ni valdez. more importantly he got them believing in themselves. yung confidence at puso ang absent during the time of gorayeb.

i am looking forward to an exciting finals matchup with la salle.

maybe they can win one game?

prediction ko la salle pa rin champs.

pero for arneow, whatever happens E na ang grade nyo harry potter style (Exceeds Expectations)

Stop playing the underdog role. Yung mga linyang "masaya na kami na nakapasok sa final 4", "overachieving for a rebuilding team" at finals for a young team, ek ek na yan.

We all know that the game is played inside the volleyball court, 6 against 6. AS the saying goes... bilog ang bola. We are not counting the win, we are just rallying our team. #4peat. #BMDC

Oh, since i am on a rant rampage... let me add a last one to this.... IF DLSU gets to win the crown, the main story of this season will not be about that ADMU run... it would be about the 4peat domination. The sports is about championship after all, and 4 consecutive ones TRUMP any legacy or marathon.

Quote Originally Posted by Subway21 View Post
    Ateneo fan here! If ever La Salle wins this championship, please Lang, Mika Reyes for finals MVP!!!!
    Hope so...but if Aby wins it she truly deserves to be MVP of the Finals.

Stop playing the underdog role. Yung mga linyang "masaya na kami na nakapasok sa final 4", "overachieving for a rebuilding team" at finals for a young team, ek ek na yan.

We all know that the game is played inside the volleyball court, 6 against 6. AS the saying goes... bilog ang bola. We are not counting the win, we are just rallying our team. #4peat. #BMDC

What we feel is genuine. Masaya na talaga kami sa mga na achieve ng ALE ngayon.

Quote Originally Posted by Conan_0821 View Post
    Hope so...but if Aby wins it she truly deserves to be MVP of the Finals.
    Aby has 3 MVP's trophies na! Si Mika naman! Huehuehue

9. Advertisement

P = NP? Useless PhD.
    Why? The state of diminished expectations is doing wonders for the team. The underdog card has gotten them this far and -- who knows -- might even take them further. And if it annoys the heck out of fantards, then there's even more to gain from it.

This underdog stature is not entirely manufactured by Ateneo fans. Everyone -- real volleyball fans and cretinous fantards alike -- were enthusiastically predicting a 6th or 7th place finish for Ateneo this year. It doesn't matter if La Salle lost a similar number of starters. Everyone -- yourself perhaps included -- was/are expecting them to be champions this year. So really, you're partly to blame for the very thing you're complaining about.

Really, Ateneo fans are just relishing the fact that the team has exceeded expectations. It's up to you to remain bothered by it.

prediction: boom.. will be there. Haha. The fab 5 will watch. Or fab 4. Fille is busy with her married life.

The greats from ls will also watch.

And the fans will be noisy. The standard in any dlsu admu match.

Whatever it is, i still believe DLSU can bring home the trophy again. Though I want an exciting finals, I want the lady spikers to finish this in 2 games, coz for sure if mka one game sila against dlsu fantards from the opposite side will brag about it again like they won a championship..Remember, it's the championship that counts.

Well, masaya din naman kami sa 3peat ng Lady Spikers. Is it not obvious??? But we are going for the 4peat pa rin... #BMDC

My point is, every team is playing for the championship not for F4 or finals appearance. Don't play your underdog card against us. Parehong student-athletes ang 2 koponan, parehong may nag-graduate na starters, at parehong 6 against 6. This is the FINALS, wlang undue advantage alin man sa isang team*. We respect ALE as a team, so it sounds funny how some of your supporters are downplaying your chance.

* oh I forgot about the stepladder incentive... maybe deep inside I hope the team will not get to use this incentive... meaning 2 straight wins, ala best of 3 series lang. hehehe.

Well, masaya din naman kami sa 3peat ng Lady Spikers. Is it not obvious??? But we are going for the 4peat pa rin... #BMDC

My point is, every team is playing for the championship not for F4 or finals appearance. Don't play your underdog card against us. Parehong student-athletes ang 2 koponan, parehong may nag-graduate na starters, at parehong 6 against 6. This is the FINALS, wlang undue advantage alin man sa isang team*. We respect ALE as a team, so it sounds funny how some of your supporters are downplaying your chance.

* oh I forgot about the stepladder incentive... maybe deep inside I hope the team will not get to use this incentive... meaning 2 straight wins, ala best of 3 series lang. hehehe.

Simple. Clean. Straight to the Point.

P = NP? Useless PhD.
    Oh, since i am on a rant rampage... let me add a last one to this.... IF DLSU gets to win the crown, the main story of this season will not be about that ADMU run... it would be about the 4peat domination. The sports is about championship after all, and 4 consecutive ones TRUMP any legacy or marathon.
    Tell this to Rudy Ruettiger.

So I see that this hateful mission is simply a juvenile case of feeling bad for others' success because it diminishes one's own luster? All good parents warn against this. Talangka much? A little less will make your life a lot more bearable.

Im pretty sure, mey pa consuelo de bobo na naman tong si ARNEOW wannabe BOOM Gonzalez pag natalo ang lady egols sa FINALS.. that the egols have over achieved, legacy chuva with matching trending worldwide ang egols and of course, incessant blabbing about arneow's cinderella story which is a better story than LaSalle's forthcoming 4peat. Itaga nyo yan sa bato.

I wonder if boom realized his booboo whe he said that parang and ust wins it lang.

Anton roxas please! No incessant chattering. Great commentary without boom's th factor.

P = NP? Useless PhD.

Fantards ...

... for whom it's not enough to win the championship.

... whose wish is for everyone else to feel like they have no reason to celebrate
    ... whose UAAP goal year after year is for everyone that's not their own to feel like dirt.

Sige lang. Hate begets hate.

P = NP? Useless PhD.
    Quote Originally Posted by siopao_queen06 View Post
    prediction: boom.. will be there. Haha. The fab 5 will watch. Or fab 4. Fille is busy with her married life.

The greats from ls will also watch.

And the fans will be noisy. The standard in any dlsu admu match.
    It would be supremely disappointing for this series to not live up to the tradition of Ateneo - La Salle games.

By decree, fans (and .. uhmmm .. ok fantards too) have to be at their loudest.

Ateneo is achieving or nearing its potential, which Gora couldn't pull off. Meanwhile DLSU has been at that optimum (most of the time) output.

I repeat what I've said before, this is for Dlsu to lose..

The season ends on wednesday. DLSU wins. Pero hindi ako magugulat kung maka-isa man ang ALE. Thrice to beat is too steep a climb. Pero yan ang reward ng season-long excellence ng DLSU.

Sa ADMU naman, gotta admit, hindi ko inasahan na they'd make it this far. Kala ko below middle-of-the-pack team lang sila. After DLSU, NU, AdU, and UST - in that order. Pero tingin ko, kulang pa rin sila sa asin. Kulang pa rin sa seasoning. In the next year or two, I'd say they might have a legit shot of challenging DLSU. Now? Not just yet.

NU sana ang gusto kong manalo kanina, kaso parang dinaga sila sa pressure. Yung ADMU naman, because of the AdU and NU series, mukhang tumatag ang mga loob. Parang naging steady sila kapag pressure-cooker situation na. And that makes them dangerous for anyone, even DLSU.

DLSU should stamp their class as early as possible. Do not let the ALE hang around close til the end of sets. ALE doesn't do well when they go down big early. In fact, parang mabilis sila mawalan ng gana. Kaya DLSU should pounce early and often. Mahirap na madisgrasya.
    Last edited by PilyongHusband; Mar 2, 2014 at 12:19 AM.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast