PEx Highlights

FIBA FEATURE: Do We Stand a Chance?

Do we really have a shot to make it through? JPM weighs in on the the odds of Gilas Pilipinas in the FIBA World Cup.

read more

Calling All Travel Bloggers!

Wanna get featured in PEx-Travel? Share with us your travel blogs and have your entries promoted around PinoyExchange!

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: The Giver

Very promising, but tries too hard to fit in the mold of the Hunger Games/Divergent series.

read more

PHOTOS: Daquis Bags V-League MVP Plum

Wonder who won the other awards? Check out the Shakey's V-League Awarding gallery here!

read more

Watch 'The Legend Ends' Trailer!

Check out the trailer of the final instalment of the Rurouni Kenshin series, 'The Legend Ends.'

read more

PHOTOS: UE Keep Final Four Dream Alive

Despite not fielding in Roi Sumang, the UE Red Warriors managed to get a 64-55 win over the NU Bulldogs.

read more

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thumbs up PaaNo bA mAGkaROon nG iSaNG mATaTAg nA pAMiLYa?

As they say, family is the basic unit of the society. Kung ano ang upbringing mo dito, usually, ganoon din ang magiging resulta ng pagkatao mo. It's how we value things and orientation on these things usually start with the family.

Time is gold---as in, MAHALAGA!
    Kung ang mga magulang ay masyadong busy sa paghahanap-buhay at halos material things na lang ang ipinampupuno nila sa mga kakulangan sa anak, hindi kaya isa itong dahilan ng isang marupok na pamilya?

Open communication is a GEM---as in, mahalaga din!
    Kung ang mga anak, hindi nagkukuwento sa mga magulang ng mga bagay-bagay na ginagawa nila araw-araw, hindi kaya panahon na para mabahala ang magulang at magkaroon ng hakbang upang mapalapit ang kalooban ng anak sa kanila?
    sige ka... sa barkada pupunta yan!

Being too strict, is it good?
    err... just asking. most of the people i know who have strict parents, the more they become "wild". hmm... tagalugin ko na nga! Ibig ko pong sabihin, kung sino pa yung strict ang magulang, mas lalong napapasama ang anak kase para bang nagiging sabik sa freedom. watdayahtink?

Spiritual Awareness within the Family
    need i say more?

Post oooppss...

dapat yata pinost ko to sa Family, Friends & Society. Anyway, a strong family roots itself from Love, Courtship & Marriage. And besides, siguro, magandang may ganitong topic sa ganitong forum.

bato-bato sa langit ang tamaan... umilag!

err... kase po parang masyadong maraming sex-related topics dito rather than Love, Courtship & Marriage eh.

PEACE!

open communication is indeed a must.

love is really important, the unconditional type ha.

respect din kasi kung walang respect, patay na!

trust in one another.

be compassionate.

wag ibunton sa isa't-isa ang galit. iwan sa may pintuan.

have a sincere interest in the life of the other pero wag to the point na mamanduhan mo paano papatakbuhin yun gbuhay ng isa.

appreciate.

For me, LOVE is the key. If you truly love your family, everything will fall into place....

Of course, RESPECT for each other is also important. One must be able to appreciate the differences of each family member.

For me, centering on GOD is important. Without God in the center of the family, there will not be true guidance. Parents and their children should acknowledge God and should follow His ways.... only then can true Peace reign in the home.

Every now and then, family members are called to sacrifice for each other. One shouldn't be selfish to think only of him/herself, but must be willing to go the extra mile for another family member, to help each other out whenever trouble comes.

inviting God to be a special member of your family

Open communication is a GEM---as in, mahalaga din!
    Kung ang mga anak, hindi nagkukuwento sa mga magulang ng mga bagay-bagay na ginagawa nila araw-araw, hindi kaya panahon na para mabahala ang magulang at magkaroon ng hakbang upang mapalapit ang kalooban ng anak sa kanila?
    sige ka... sa barkada pupunta yan!
    i do agree with you on the importance of communication in the family because a child's self-worth and confidence starts in the home. that will give the child a favorable personality that will help him adjust more easily in life

yet i also think that closeness within the family should have a certain limit. kahit papano ay kailangan rin ng privacy. well i think that's self-explanatory.

however, i don't agree with you that anyone has to choose between the parents and the barkada. what's wrong with having friends and spending some time(both good and bad) with them? having friends is important in one's life. a good parent should not own the child only for himself/herself because a child needs to interact with other people so that he can choose and establish his own identity.

Being too strict, is it good?
    err... just asking. most of the people i know who have strict parents, the more they become "wild". hmm... tagalugin ko na nga! Ibig ko pong sabihin, kung sino pa yung strict ang magulang, mas lalong napapasama ang anak kase para bang nagiging sabik sa freedom. watdayahtink?
    yes i do believe that. if a parent becomes too domineering in raising a child, a child's personality development won't be right and consistent. every person must follow certain stages in life to be able to establish a personality that will make him ready when he/she reaches adulthood. a child needs play, interaction with other people(both of the same sex and the opposite sex), the approval to explore or manipulate things that interest him, and etc. if any of these has not been fulfilled when one reaches adulthood, he'll find a way to fulfill that particular need and also be handicapped in some areas of living the lifestyle of an adult.

matatag na pamilya.. is there such a thing?

well, thats my dream ang magkaroon ng matatag na pamilya, nag iistart palang kami magkaroon ng family pero its a team work dapat tulungan kayong dalawa...... if you want to have a strong family dapat pareho kayong strong sa lahat ng tukso or trials na dumating sa inyong dalawa and of course always pray.... katulad niyan nagsisimula palang kaming bumuo ng pamilya dumating ang tukso sa asawa ko then i pray......

Thumbs up WELCOME to Family, Friends & Society Forum!

Thanks for your posts. I stand corrected for this:
    ...sige ka.... sa barkada pupunta yan.
    Actually there is NOTHING wrong sa pakikipagkaibigan as Hotpants pointed out! Thanks dude!

What i'd like to point out kase when a child is frustrated with the family, usually he goes with his friends and since his friends want to cheer him up, karaniwan, napapasama ang gawain just to forget the problem. but this is NOT ALWAYS THE CASE. Marami pa rin namang mabuting barkada. Kaya lang, sad thing is, dapat ang isang bata, sa bahay muna makahanap ng isang "tahanan" bago sa mga kaibigan.

Arrow

Good foundation. Parents play a key role in this issue.

Constant communication.

Presence of both love and money.

Originally posted by s|ate
    Good foundation. Parents play a key role in this issue.

Constant communication.

Presence of both love and money.
    love?

err... money? I know its a must but is that a big deal

Communication is very important. Everything should be talked about - the good things, and even the bad ones.

There should always be love. You don't really have to say "I love you" all the time. It's enough for you to show that you love each other. Through a gift, a smile, a touch, a question, spending time with one another... anything!

Spiritual formation.

yup. i agree communication is very important.
    basta respect each other.

"The family that prays together, stays together."

stargirl

Naunahan ako ni spaghetti! But yun nga: The family that prays together, stays together. This is so true.

And yes, keep talking to one another. Don't alienate family members from your life (even if they can be irritating at times). Hug and kiss your parents every now and then. I try to do this everyday.

Smile Spiritual Formation in the Family

meron pa ba nito sa kasalukuyang pamilyang Pilipino

Honest question lang.

Nung HS ako, nakatira ako sa mga lola ko at kasama namin sa hauz mga pinsan ko. evrytime na sasapit ang alas-sais ng gabi, lahat nasa bahay na at magdadasal ng rosaryo (although I'm not a Catholic, I appreciated the bonding of our family through everyday prayer). Isa pa, nadidisiplina ang mga bata na umuwi at a certain time. After nun, sabay-sabay kaming maghahapunan. We had all the chance to talk about everything that happened within the day.

May pamilyang Pilipino pa bang ganito

i think respect in everyone's role in the family is important to have a stronger foundation. parents' should realise that the opinions of their children counts a lot,too no matter how small or insensible they may seem. more often than not, parents' impose too much their authority over their children. they neglect to realise that they,too can learn from these little kids...parents must learn to listen to the things kids can't possbily tell them. maybe out of fear or insecurity, these children just choose to keep their mouth shut na lang... kids need assurance that it's okay to be real, that it's okay to say whatever is in their minds, that it is okay to object to things they think aren't right.. and that it is okay to fail, to stumble.. minsan kasi, parents expect too much from their kids, not allowing them to grow in their own way, not allowing them to find their own path.

the foundation of a family lies and starts with the father and mother. both should be looking at the same path on how they would like to build their family..hindi yung kakasal na lang kayo ng bigla then doon nyo pa lang pag-uusapan what you two are gonna do and what you don't plan to do... set some rules like walang sigawan during argument, walang magmumura esp pag may alitan coz this is so degrading and if you love your family, your spouse, your kids, you wouldn't wanna be the cause of their emotional downfall di ba?

there should be constant communication, respect for everyone's role, and a strong faith in the Almighty.

Wink being responsible

from the replies that have been posted here, seems to me that the parents indeed, have the biggest responsibility in creating a strong family.

Just another honest question.

Ganito kaya ang naiisip ng mga dalaga at binatang Pilipino ngayon bago sila sumabak sa buhay may-asawa

Arrow

Originally posted by aajao

love?

err... money? I know its a must but is that a big deal
    Money can buy you food. Money can buy you a house to stay together. Money can buy you education. If you don't have money, you're family may go down. Though it's not the first requisite, it's very pertinent.

Kup@l pa sindi nga nito..

Kain nalang kayo nang Pancit Canton (yung chili flavor) para masaya!

Question BAKIT KAYA?

yung ibang mga anak, mas gusto sa piling ng barkada kaysa sa kanilang sariling pamilya?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast