PEx Highlights

Review: Hercules

Bordering on ridiculous, Dwayne Johnson delivers and Hercules is a fun and entertaining ride.

read more

UAAP Basketball Power Rankings: Week 2

Are the Blue Eagles back on top again? Check out this week's PEx UAAP Season 77 Basketball Power Rankings.

read more

PHOTOS: DLSU Completes Comeback Win vs UE

Prince Rivero came up big in the clutch, scoring two crucial baskets to help DLSU complete comeback bid over UE, 60-58

read more

Prepare to Go Into the Storm

From New Line Cinema, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures, comes the tornado disaster film Into the Storm.

read more

The Unique Heroes of Marvel's Guardians

Know more about Peter Quill, Gamora, Drax, Groot and Rocket.

read more

PHOTOS: Cagayan upsets Army

Cagayan Valley Rising Sun hands Philippine Army its first loss through 4 sets, 27-25, 20-25, 25-23, 25-22

read more

Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 35 ... LastLast

Post this batch of testimonials.

Surf - didn't they have the wais series (they were saying ssomething like they are like Lumen na wais sa buhay)?

Creamsilk - yes it's the "magic" ad - the "parang gumaganda na ang barangay ah"

hat_tr1ck - i really asked Jollibee if they changed the way the girl said the line - they really didn't daw po.

Regarding the Joy liquid soap commercials - they actually remind me of the series before for Beer na Beer - Jay Sonza with his covered beer bottles. And this ovaltine commercial series with the kids trying covered mugs.

Actually Joy has actually come out with a lot of different commercial series already - 1.) Michael V. going to the different houses for 'surprise visits'. 2.) the World Record thing am sure there's a third one, i just can't think of the specific one at the moment.

Endorsers - there used to be a discussion in this thread a few months ago about endorsers...so who are the favorite endorsers of this generation?

1.) Sharon Cuneta - McDo, PH, Century Tuna?
    2.) Aga Mulach - Argentina, Touch Mobile, Jollibee, Century Tuna?
    3.) Kristine Hermosa - Talk N Text, Illustrazio, Happee
    4) Carlos Agassi - Shakey's, Hanford...
    5.) Michael V. - Joy liquid soap, some biscuit and Refresh
    6.) I won't be surprised if Frankie follows her mom - she just made her first million with the milk commercial (and she's not even 2 yet)
    7.) Jolina - Zesto, Ligo, Some Biscuit.

**you might want to add some product endorsers and endorsements

Originally posted by Leigh
    hat_tr1ck - i really asked Jollibee if they changed the way the girl said the line - they really didn't daw po.

Actually Joy has actually come out with a lot of different commercial series already - 1.) Michael V. going to the different houses for 'surprise visits'. 2.) the World Record thing am sure there's a third one, i just can't think of the specific one at the moment.
    Trust me, they did. I have an eye (and ear) for commercials. I can even still recall some of the old commercials and jingles from the '80s.

The people you asked probably either didn't know there was a change or won't admit it kasi nga when it first appeared, the way that line was said sounded depressing, which is the exact opposite of Jollibee's "Be Happy" theme. And if I'm not mistaken, I think they even re-edited the camera shots.

As for Joy, another one of their ads was for the new scents they had, where the birds (and butterflies I think?) mistook the Joy liquid soap for the real thing, like apples and flowers.

Endorsers - there used to be a discussion in this thread a few months ago about endorsers...so who are the favorite endorsers of this generation?

1.) Sharon Cuneta - McDo, PH, Century Tuna?
    2.) Aga Mulach - Argentina, Touch Mobile, Jollibee, Century Tuna?
    3.) Kristine Hermosa - Talk N Text, Illustrazio, Happee
    4) Carlos Agassi - Shakey's, Hanford...
    5.) Michael V. - Joy liquid soap, some biscuit and Refresh
    6.) I won't be surprised if Frankie follows her mom - she just made her first million with the milk commercial (and she's not even 2 yet)
    7.) Jolina - Zesto, Ligo, Some Biscuit.

**you might want to add some product endorsers and endorsements
    Just to add:

1. Sharon - Alaska's "Add Alaska, Add Love"
    2. Kristine Hermosa - Family's Brand Sardines (she replaced April Boy Regino, at least on TV kasi si April Boy pa rin 'yung nasa radio) and a school that has a funny acronym: ABE
    3. Cesar Montano - Some canned sardines na "Tatak Barko, Tatak Sariwa"
    4. Paolo Bediones - Little Caesar's

Isip pa ako.

http://216.40.241.68/contrib/xerx/smileydavid.gif

TESTIMONIALS

Some cough medicine whose name escapes me at the moment
    Solmux?

They could be targeting the "stuck-in-traffic" market. Rush-hour traffic is sometimes so slow, you could actually read everything that's written on the streamers.
    Nah, they still should have made the text (or at least just the name of the brand) larger.

ENDORSERS

Leigh, to add...

Sharon Cuneta - Alaska, Winner Corned Beef, Superferry, Del Monte or Dole juice?,

Aga Mulach - Bobson Jeans, an electric fan brand

Kristine Hermosa - Maxipeel, Family brand sardines, ABE College (at aircon pa!)

Carlos Agassi - Stork

COMPARISON

Let's also talk about comparison ads! Where the product being endorsed is compare with a Brand X product. Leigh mentioned Beer na Beer, Ovaltine, and Joy... There are also ads that obviously lambasts another product (but right now I can only think of Tide versus Surf...)

I think a lot of laundry bars went through this phase. And soaps! Of course! And toothpaste...

Hmmmm come to think of it, there really are a lot of formulas out there, huh?

some of the ads listed are not TESTIMONIAL ADS. surf for example is not, its a continuing character, slice of life.

on the topic of surf tv ads --- they have screwed around too much on its format in the lates ad. lumen is no longer portrayed as the young. smart (wais) modern housewife and the mom is no longer the traditional, strict, doubting in law. in fact in the latest ad, they have given the "authority" to a third party, unrelated to them. dont know if the ad agency is aware of what they did, but they have lost the authority figure and point of admiration on their most beloved characters.

what a grand way to screw up a succesful campaign! this is typical unilever and lowe.

Hmmm for me, they didn't give the authority to the third party, since they had their own answer to the problem - surf with bleach. If you watch the past commercials, third parties also talk about a good, but expensive product. But Lumen always sticked to Surf. So I don't agree that they gave the authority to a third party.

BUT I do agree that the 'WAIS' message was weak this time. The commercial really just came across as an introduction to a new product/variation, that is, Surf with bleach. But they weren't able to convey (to me, at least) that it is 'wiser' to buy Surf because even if it's cheaper, it delivers the same results.

Question

By the way, what's up with Sprite? They had a great campaign with "Magpakatotoo Ka!". But they're so quiet now. What happened? By turns ba yung Coke brands? Royal was quiet that time, and now that they have ads, Sprite's quiet naman.

Originally posted by CaRaMBa
    Hmmm for me, they didn't give the authority to the third party, since they had their own answer to the problem - surf with bleach. If you watch the past commercials, third parties also talk about a good, but expensive product. But Lumen always sticked to Surf. So I don't agree that they gave the authority to a third party.

BUT I do agree that the 'WAIS' message was weak this time. The commercial really just came across as an introduction to a new product/variation, that is, Surf with bleach. But they weren't able to convey (to me, at least) that it is 'wiser' to buy Surf because even if it's cheaper, it delivers the same results.
    lumen used to play that role -- the woman who was wais who made the right decision and smart decision about choosing surf. now, both the mother in law and specially lumen didnt know what to do to solve the problem. in this sense, they have mafe lumen "abdicate" her authority.

this is a mortal sin in continuing character advertising. the strength and power of a conitnuin character is CONSISTENCY / CONTINUITY at the minimum, and authority at the most.

dati, lumen was wais, now lumen is clueless.

Hmmmm Lumen really didn't come across as clueless to me.

will comment on the other posts later, just wanted to post the winners of the Pilak Awards

Thanks to joeydaninja for the list of winners (got this from the Movies and TV forum.
    in alphabetical order
    1. Ajax "Maxima Labandera"/ TV
    2. Astra "Superman"/ Print
    3. Ayala Land "Grass to Glass" /Print
    4. Banco Filipino "Subok na Matibay, Subok na Matatag"
    5. Bench "richard/Rowing" / TV
    6. C U in Cebu "Donut Bai" / TV
    7. Camay "Ang Barko...President Roosevelt" / TV
    8. Colgate "Sinag ng Fresh Breath/Magie Moran" / TV
    9. DBP "Narda" / TV
    10. Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce "Novices" / TV

11. Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce "Godfather" / TV
    12. Dequadin "Do-Re-Mi" / TV
    13. Gold Eagle Beer "Billards" / TV
    14. Johnson's Floor Wax "Parachute" / TV
    15. Jollibee "Ligaw" / TV
    16. Jollibee "Lola" / TV
    17. Jollibee "I Love You Sabado" / TV
    18. Knorr Chinese Soup "Pu-Yi/Good-ah!" / TV
    19. Magnolia Frozen Delights "Mommy" / TV

20. MCDonald's Karen/Lolo" / TV
    21. Milkmaid "Grow Tall Little Man" /TV
    22. Mr. Clean "Labadami, Labango" / TV
    23. Nestle "Sa Mata ng Bata" / TV
    24. PLDT "Billy" / TV
    25. PLDT "Suportahan Ta Ka" / TV
    26. PAL "Shining Though" / TV
    27. Palmolive Soap "I can feel it" / TV
    28. Petron "Palyado" / Radio
    29. Purefoods "Goodbye, Carlo" / TV
    30. Royal Tru Orange "Joey-Mantika" / TV

31. Rubie Blades "Ahit Pogi-Harana" / Radio
    32. Safeguard "Konsensya/Supermarket" / TV
    33. San Miguel Beer "Isang Platitong Mani" /TV
    34. San Miguel Beer "Bruno" / TV
    35. Sarsi "Angat sa Iba" / TV
    36. Spartan Rubber Sandals " Criselda" / TV
    37. Sprite "Japorms" / TV
    38. Superwheel " Magpatuka na lang ako sa ahas" / TV
    39. Super Shell "Zoom Zoom" / TV
    40. Tide "Nagkabistuhan na" / TV

Wow!!! Memories! These I really like...

C U in Cebu "Donut Bai" / TV
    Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce "Novices" / TV
    Jollibee "I Love You Sabado" / TV
    MCDonald's Karen/Lolo" / TV
    Magnolia Frozen Delights "Mommy" / TV
    Mr. Clean "Labadami, Labango" / TV
    Nestle "Sa Mata ng Bata" / TV
    PLDT "Billy" / TV
    PLDT "Suportahan Ta Ka" / TV
    PAL "Shining Though" / TV
    Purefoods "Goodbye, Carlo" / TV
    Royal Tru Orange "Joey-Mantika" / TV

Are there ads that you think should have been included?

I like Ayala's Waters of March TV ad. "A stick a stone..."

hmmm interesting list. some of those in the list i have been involved in.

Mads, the list you posted, those are just the finalists? Aren't there only 25 winners? Where can we get a list of the winners?

i just love the new FITA commercial!!!

Post Ads

In line with the 4A's 25th anniversary (am not related to the group) , I would like to ask you guys what's ur favorite/classic commercial???

Post Moderator's note

Merged neonhyde's thread with the older, more established one.

oops. ones posted were just the finalists, here are the real winners:

Again, thanks to the people of Movies and TV namely: vertigo and edching908 for the information

25. Camay
    24. Astra Thread ""superman"
    23. Jollibee "Lola"
    22. Chinese soup "Just add one egg"
    21. Mr. Clean "Labadami Labango"
    20. Del Monte "Magnifico"
    19. PAL "Shining Through"
    18. DBP "Inay Sipag"
    17. Purefoods TJ Hotdog "Goodbye Carlo"
    16. Sprite Magpakatotoo Ka "Japorms"
    15. Johnson's Wax "Johnson's yata yan"
    14. Bench "Rowing"
    13. SMB "Mag-beer muna tayo"
    12. Jollibee "Ligaw"
    11. Zoom Supershell
    10. Gold Eagle
    9. Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce "Preferred by Mothers"
    8. McDonalds "Karen po"
    7. Palmolive Soap "I can feel it"
    6. Ayala Land "From Grass to Glass"
    5. Ahit pogie (radio ad)
    4. Royal Tru Orange
    3. Sarsi "Mag-Sarsi ka para maiba"
    2. Superwheel "Magpatuka sa ahas"
    1. SMB "Isang PLatitong Mani"

am really suprised that the old commercials of SMB like "she-boom" didn't even get recognized

my personal favorites of all the finalists are:

C U in Cebu "Donut Bai" / TV
    Dequadin "Do-Re-Mi" / TV
    Jollibee "Ligaw"
    Knorr Chinese Soup "Pu-Yi/Good-ah!" / TV
    MCDonald's Karen/Lolo" / TV
    Milkmaid "Grow Tall Little Man" /TV
    Mr. Clean "Labadami, Labango" / TV
    PLDT "Billy" / TV
    PAL "Shining Though" / TV
    Palmolive Soap "I can feel it" / TV
    Purefoods "Goodbye, Carlo" / TV
    Royal Tru Orange "Joey-Mantika" / TV
    Rubie Blades "Ahit Pogi-Harana" / Radio
    Safeguard "Konsensya/Supermarket" / TV
    San Miguel Beer "Isang Platitong Mani"
    Sarsi "Angat sa Iba" / TV
    Tide "Nagkabistuhan na" / TV

Am glad that Sarsi's ad got one of the top spots, i can still remember the song till now. Royal's Joey series was something i really grew up with. Knorr Chinese Soup! I love that commercial!!! just add one egg

What's the Gold Eagle commercial? i can't seem to remember it at the moment - billiards?

More insights about the winners and the awarding ceremonies

yassy - still haven't seen it yet. what's it about?

Exclamation

were you misled by the Smart "Pure Txt 100" ad? a lot of people were, including ncluding people on this Technology Today thread.

now, this INQ7 article says Smart is in hot water.

however:
    Smart's public affairs head, Ramon Isberto, clarified, however, that print ads and flyers explicitly stated, in Filipino even, that voice service would be completely suspended should a subscriber use a "Pure Text 100" card.

He added that it was explicitly written at the back of a "Pure Text 100" card that "this card is for text messaging only."

is the ad misleading?

Exclamation

Shopwise Wild Deals 2 is back in print!

Lightbulb

Originally posted by zimdude
    were you misled by the Smart "Pure Txt 100" ad? a lot of people were, including

is the ad misleading?
    They've already revised their TV ad. This time they made it clear you need the PhP 300 card to avail of voice services. That shows how simplistic the market is.

Cool

[What's the Gold Eagle commercial? i can't seem to remember it at the moment - billiards?
    It started out as a teaser, then when it was introduced it had this nice techno music. People then thought the teaser was for Asia Brewery's initial product which turned out later to be Beer Hausen. Beer Hausen was to be positioned against SanMig Pale Pilsen but Gold Eagle was launched so that it would not be so and would rather have it position against Gold Eagle which is a low end beer.

11. Zoom Supershell
    A remake of this was made with Leah Orosa but the Billy Ocean jingle is no match for that Zoom, Zoom, Supershell ....

1. SMB "Isang PLatitong Mani"
    This was a star-studded commercial starring the late Bert "Tawa" Marcelo, the late Gabriel "Flash" Elorde and the then billiard great Amang Parica among others.

13. SMB "Mag-beer muna tayo"
    The first incarnation of the "Mag-Beer Muna Tayo" ad was the one with Bert "Tawa" Marcelo and "Bruno," who threatened to chop Marcelo into powder ("Pupulbusin kita"). Then Marcelo simply uttered, "Mag-beer muna tayo." Then the jingle goes "Mag-beer muna tayo, mag-beer muna tayo, sa San Miguel Beer nagkaisa, mag-beer muna tayo."

The predecessor of "Mag-Beer Muna Tayo" was "Isa Pa Nga". "Ito Ang Beer" and "Iba ang May Pinagsamahan" were the successors of "Mag-Beer Muna Tayo."

Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 35 ... LastLast