PEx Highlights

Watch 'The Legend Ends' Trailer!

Check out the trailer of the final instalment of the Rurouni Kenshin series, 'The Legend Ends.'

read more

Calling All Travel Bloggers!

Wanna get featured in PEx-Travel? Share with us your travel blogs and have your entries promoted around PinoyExchange!

read more

FIBA FEATURE: Do We Stand a Chance?

Do we really have a shot to make it through? JPM weighs in on the the odds of Gilas Pilipinas in the FIBA World Cup.

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: The Giver

Very promising, but tries too hard to fit in the mold of the Hunger Games/Divergent series.

read more

Wake Me Up When You Show Me Your Teeths!

In this week's Show Me Your Teeths!, the ladies talk about the -ber months, the upcoming Bench Fashion Show and the Cosmo Bachelor Bash.

read more

PHOTOS: UE Keep Final Four Dream Alive

Despite not fielding in Roi Sumang, the UE Red Warriors managed to get a 64-55 win over the NU Bulldogs.

read more

Page 1 of 400 1 2 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Post Miss Universe or Miss World?

I excluded Miss International dahil talaga naman nakaka-boring ito.

Alin ba ang mas appealing sa inyo?

Thumbs up Re: Miss Universe or Miss World?

Originally posted by Altwegg
    I excluded Miss International dahil talaga naman nakaka-boring ito.
    Hi! Definitely Miss Universe... it will take me forever to defend my answer so let's leave it at that. =) How about you?

Post Re: Re: Miss Universe or Miss World?

Originally posted by JENSIE_G

Hi! Definitely Miss Universe... it will take me forever to defend my answer so let's leave it at that. =) How about you?
    Miss Universe din ... unti unting nagdedeteriorate ang enthusiasm ko for Miss World. Nagiging boring na din ito. Di tulad ng Mis Universe sa Parade of Nations .. lively na lively. Tska sa Miss World mostly Europeans and Blacks ang nanalo. May favoritism ata e

Ms. U ..... la naman, mas feel ko lang kasi .....

miss universe, but only because weve won atleast a handful in that pageant.

Post Re: Re: Re: Miss Universe or Miss World?

Originally posted by Altwegg

Miss Universe din ... unti unting nagdedeteriorate ang enthusiasm ko for Miss World. Nagiging boring na din ito. Di tulad ng Mis Universe sa Parade of Nations .. lively na lively. Tska sa Miss World mostly Europeans and Blacks ang nanalo. May favoritism ata e
    Yup, you're right... Miss World productions are very dull and dry...very typical of British productions in general...

Take for example the Brit Awards, which is the direct counterpart of the Grammy Awards of the U.S. Which one is dry and lacks promotion? Which one is livelier and is watched more by people around the world?

Get my point? It's not that I'm discriminating or something, I'm just stating facts.

Miss Universe

Miss Universe... need I say more?? Miss Universe has a very special place in every Pinoy's heart!!! Remember Shusmita?? heheheDon't you wonder everytime Bb. Pilipinas comes along ang habol nila is who gets to go to Miss Universe? My avatar is Miss Universe 2000 Lara Dutta from India. And Miss Universe gets more exposure.

Thumbs up

MPULE & AGBANI COMPARISON TRIVIA:

1. Both are the first ever black African winners of their respective pageants. Mpule Kwelagobe was the first ever black African Miss Universe and Agbani is the first ever black African Miss World.

2. Both of their countries won their first ever titles in world pageant history when they were crowned.

3. Both are 6'0" tall and are slim.

4. Both sported the "business look" (coat & pants) during their first day as queens.

5. Both competed at both Miss World and Miss Universe pageants. Mpule competed in Miss World 1997 and lost. Agbani competed in Miss Universe 2001 and also lost.

6. Both had Asian looking first runners-up (Well Miriam Quiambao is truly Asian, of course! Zizi Lee, on the other hand is Caribbean but she has Asian roots for sure...) and European-Caucasian second runners-up.

7. Both were dark horses during the duration of their respective pageants.

8. Both NAILED IT during the final Q&A, which is why they won...

Ganda ng Kalinga

For me Ms. Universe ****!

Sobrang mas maganda ms. universe...
    Kaya lang minsan may daya ng onti...
    Basta kapag madalas kayong nanonood ng pageants.. malalaman mo **.

Originally posted by JENSIE_G
    MPULE & AGBANI COMPARISON TRIVIA:

1. Both are the first ever black African winners of their respective pageants. Mpule Kwelagobe was the first ever black African Miss Universe

Umm, I think a black woman already won in the Miss Universe pageant before Mpule. I think it was Miss Trinidad and Tobago (even before Wendy Fritzwilliam, Ms T&T 1999). This was in 1977.

Anyway, I like the Miss Universe more since it's livelier than Miss World. However, I don't like the Miss Universe these past years compared to the early 90's. Sobrang ganda nung 93 & 94. I hated it when when they got rid of the parade of nations. And now, la na ring interview sa Top Ten.... sobrang nagtitipid sa airtime.

Originally posted by blue_arden

Umm, I think a black woman already won in the Miss Universe pageant before Mpule. I think it was Miss Trinidad and Tobago (even before Wendy Fritzwilliam, Ms T&T 1999). This was in 1977.
    What JENSIE_G said that Mpule was the first black African not the first black woman to be crowned Miss U.

Miss Universe

A bad production done by Miss Universe is waaay better than Miss World. At least they brought back the Parade of Nations this year, even if they only shout the country they represent.

Anyway, I like the Miss Universe more since it's livelier than Miss World. However, I don't like the Miss Universe these past years compared to the early 90's. Sobrang ganda nung 93 & 94. I hated it when when they got rid of the parade of nations. And now, la na ring interview sa Top Ten.... sobrang nagtitipid sa airtime. [/QUOTE]

I go for Miss U too...
    the most prestigious beauty pageant ever...

Miss Universe ! ! !

Ang Miss World kasi napaka unpredictable ng winners. Ma-surprise ka na lang at minsan kung sino talaga ang nagugustuhan ng organizers (Morley and co.) ay mukhang yon talaga pinapanalo nila.

Miss Universe

I stumbled this post in some message board, read on- this explains everything do you agree?

I recently stumbled on an article that featured Lara Dutta. In it, she said, "In times to come, people will not judge us by the creed we profess or the label we wear or the slogans we shout, but by our industry, sacrifices, honesty, and purity of character." Why can't our Filipina delegates speak like this?

Everytime I watch a Q&A portion of a local pageant, I always get so embarrassed that our women are so shallow and inarticulate. They are always trying to be pathetically cute. The only time I was really ever impressed with someone was with Darlene Carbungco's final response at Mutya. I think she said something profound, like "you can't remedy a mistake with another one." The point of all this is that our women do not have any substance. When it comes to their opinions, they hardly hold any. And this is why they stumble during interviews: they lack a firm stance on anything. They would much rather give an answer that would probably sound good at that moment rather than show others what they believe in. I think that many women have become complacent and do not even try to philosophize (?) the world around them. They are not well-read anymore. That, to me, is a shame.

I think Miss U is the best.

First, kahit llamado palagi ang USA, deserving naman sila, unlike sa Miss World na palaging llamado ang mga negra, bakit kaya?

I agree with Lara_Ganda_Ko, Indian women utter words with grace and profoundness, e dito papipiliin lang kung beautiful o smart, di pa maka-decide

Religion siguro ang reason kaya palaging philospphical ang mga Indians, Hinduism is diverse and deep, marami kang matututunan about Life and Nirvana, Indians usually base their answers on life's experiences and how religion shaped it.

Pero, in fairness to Ms. World, I liked their previous winners like the 1999 Indian Winner who looked like Audrey Hepburn and the Venezuelan winner in 1995. Talagang pretty

Thumbs up

Originally posted by twisted1982

What JENSIE_G said that Mpule was the first black African not the first black woman to be crowned Miss U.
    Thank you for clarifying the matter with bluearden. =)

Thumbs up

Originally posted by twisted1982

Thank you for clarifying the matter with blue_arden. =)

Originally posted by skaya
    I think Miss U is the best.

First, kahit llamado palagi ang USA, deserving naman sila, unlike sa Miss World na palaging llamado ang mga negra, bakit kaya?

I agree with Lara_Ganda_Ko, Indian women utter words with grace and profoundness, e dito papipiliin lang kung beautiful o smart, di pa maka-decide

Religion siguro ang reason kaya palaging philospphical ang mga Indians, Hinduism is diverse and deep, marami kang matututunan about Life and Nirvana, Indians usually base their answers on life's experiences and how religion shaped it.

Pero, in fairness to Ms. World, I liked their previous winners like the 1999 Indian Winner who looked like Audrey Hepburn and the Venezuelan winner in 1995. Talagang pretty
    Yup, I also agree. The two big challenges Indian delegates in the past (especially the 90's) always go through are only the swimsuit & evening gown competitions. Once they score well in these two areas, the interview portion is easy for them... Kung baga once they enter the top 5, there always is that big possibility for them to bag the crown.

Take for example Miss India 1999 Gul Panag. She stumbled in the swimsuit competition. She got an 8.77 which ranked 10th in the semi-finals but her interview was 9.27, which ranked 1st. Because of this, she did not make the final 5 cut. Had she made it, she surely would have won the crown because of her perfect and witty answers.

Sorry JENSIE_G... nabobo ako dun ah.... hehe...

I agree with Lara, medyo tagilid ang mga Bb. Pilipinas contestants natin. And I don't understand why Stella Araneta can't scout for girls who are actually capable of delivering smart answers. I mean, ok fine, if they can't speak English well; they can answer in Tagalog anyway. But even then, kahit Tagalog na yung language nila, the other contestants still can't answer well....

For my part, Nina Ricci Alagao was the last Bb. Pilipinas winner that impressed me. Zorayda Andam is pretty ok, but NIna is more articulate and witty... I really expected her to make it in the Top Ten.... May thread na ba na ganito? - Who's the best Ms. Philippines-Universe representative? My top 3 would be 1.) Nina Ricci Alagao 2.) Charlene Gonzales 3.) Miriam Quiambao

Page 1 of 400 1 2 11 51 101 ... LastLast