PEx Highlights

PROMO: Big Hero 6

Join the promo and get a chance to win special screening tickets to Big Hero 6!

read more

PHOTOS: Aguilar, Ginebra Bully Talk N Text

Ginebra had no problems in their opening campaign after a 101-81 win over TNT. Japeth Aguilar proved to be too much for the Texters with his game-high 18pts, 18rebs and 5 blks.

read more

PHOTOS: Kia Victorious in Battle of Newcomers

LA Revilla (23pts, 7rebs) stole away the spotlight off of boxing champ Manny Pacquiao's PBA debut, as he rallied Kia over Blackwater 80-66.

read more

Show Me Your Winning Teeths!

Merly and Chelsey are back for a new season of SMYT and they are 'happy to serve' you a new episode about the Miss World pageant and the UAAP Finals.

read more

PHOTOS: 40th PBA Season Opening Ceremony

Ellen Adarna, Megan Young and Alice Dixson led the parade of team muses yesterday during the Opening Ceremony of the new PBA season. Check our gallery here!

read more

REVIEW: The Trial

If there's one particular asset the film has, it's the ensemble.

read more

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 9
    CPDRC in-house performer steelbardancer's Avatar
    Dyesebel New Trailer Features the Mermaid's Backstory, Kingdom
    Posted on March 1, 2014 | Bida Kapamilya

ABS-CBN has released the first trailer of upcoming fantaserye Dyesebel starring Anne Curtis. The said trailer which features Dawn Zulueta, Albert Martinez, Ai Ai Delas Alas and Eula Valdes premiered on primetime Friday.

The trailer showed us the back story of Dyesebel, the daughter of a human named Lucia (Zulueta) and a merman (Martinez). A prince from underwater and a beautiful young lady from the fishing village fell in love despite the odds from both worlds.

Check out the Dyesebel first trailer below.

impressive ha! sana ganito din quality ng Darna ni Angel!

Darna i think will be handled by Star Creatives. Not Dreamscape

LOOK: Anne Curtis as fashionista Dyesebel
    ABS-CBNnews.com
    Updated as of 02/27/2014

Anne Curtis looks every bit a glamorous, high-fashion version of the iconic "komiks" mermaid Dyesebel in her appearance in the latest issue of fashion magazine Metro.

In a preview of the shoot released Wednesday, the 29-year-old actress is seen sporting mermaid-inspired outfits -- from a turquoise serpentina gown, to a partly disrobed pink tube dress made to look like a fish tail.

For the pictorial, Curtis was photographed by lensman BJ Pascual in Coron, Palawan. The actress was also joined in the shoot by her "Dyesebel" leading men Sam Milby and Gerald Anderson.

Curtis' appearance on Metro's March 2014 cover coincides with the upcoming premiere of ABS-CBN's adaptation of "Dyesebel," which was created by late novelist Mars Ravelo in 1952.

Dyesebel, in the original comics, is a mermaid born on land to human parents, her mother a former mermaid herself. As a child, Dyesebel is sent away to live at sea with other merfolk after being blamed by superstitious townspeople for a series of disasters.

Different takes on the classic tale have made it to the big screen as early as 1953. Popular portrayals of the title character include Vilma Santos (1973), Alma Moreno (1978), Alice Dixson (1990), and Charlene Gonzales (1996).

Curtis is the second actress to play Dyesebel in a TV series, following Marian Rivera's portrayal in a GMA-7 soap in 2008.

In the March issue of Metro, Curtis also detailed her preparations for her role as the iconic mermaid, which she has referred to as a "dream-come-true."

The latest issue of Metro, which is now out on newsstands, also features the spring/summer trends in fashion. It also celebrates the Manila art scene and its female influencers, as well as local visionaries and their creative processes.

Kapamilya Online World
    17 oras na nakalipas

[Upcoming]

#Dyesebel ,Lulunurin tayo ng Kanyang angking Kagandahan!

Kung ang magiging Katapat na Sirena-Serye ay ginawa ng ikabit ang lahat sa Dyesebel upang mapag-usapan lamang!Ang Dreamscape ay dinaan lahat sa Ganda at Galing ng Production upang mas subaybayan ng nakararami ang Dyesebel.
    Nobyembre pa lamang ng nakaraang taon ay usap-usapan na ang Most Awaited Fantaserye of 2014 at Mas Lalo pang Kinasabikan matapos na pormal na ianunsyo ang Princess of All-Media "Anne Curtis" bilang pinaka-bagong gaganap na "Dyesebel" patunay nito ang agarang pagiging Trending Topic nito Worldwide.

Kambal-Kambal na rin ang Suporta ng lahat lalo pa't mga bigating Artista ang Makakasama ni Anne kabilang na ang Nag-iisang Action Drama Prince "Gerald Anderson" at ang Nag-iisang Ultimate Acoustic Heartthrob "Sam Milby" na gaganapan nila ang mga Kalalakihang Iibig kay Dyesebel.

Tunghayan ang isang Naiibang Kwento ng Pag-Ibig na hahamakin ang Lalim ng Karagatan at Mapusok na Kalupaan.

Sa Kailaliman ng Karagatan Aahon ang Isang Dyosa!
    #Dyesebel ngayong Lunes na 7:45pm sa Nangungunang PrimetimeBida

From ABS-CBNnews.com

Dyesebel's tail back to golden orange
    Posted at 03/14/2014 10:02 AM | Updated as of 03/14/2014 10:43 AM

MANILA - Actress Anne Curtis admitted she had to reshoot some scenes of the upcoming series "Dyesebel" after the management decided to follow the original vision of The King of Philippine Comics, Mars Ravelo.

"I think what happened there was a last-minute change and they decided to stick to the original color of Dysebel which is the coral orange color, they decided na kung ano yung original yun na lang talaga," Curtis said.

"We were able to fix that right away. We shot everything again,mayroon kaming reshoot, yes mayroon, change ng color," Curtis said.

In a teaser released last month for ABS-CBN's adaptation of the classic comic, the iconic mermaid played by Curtis is seen with a pink tail.

Marian Rivera, who last portrayed the mermaid in a GMA-7 series in 2008, had an orange tail, as did Alice Dixson in 1990 and Charlene Gonzales in 1996.

For the new Dyesbel, Curtis was very proud to share that they are using scales to cover her breasts instead of clams.

"Kaliskis. Yun din po ang same thing na gumawa sa akin sa Dyosa kaya alam kong protektado ako," Curtis said.

Dyesebel movie

Curtis who is very happy to finally have her dream of playing Dyesebel come true, admitted that she is also wishing that she could also do a movie on the iconic mermaid.

"Wini-wish ko po yon, wini-wish ko na after nito ay magawa ko po ang pelikula," she said.

"Dysebel" will hit TV screens this coming Monday (March 17) after TV Patrol.

Queen of GMTV 2013 Runnerup Jenny_Management's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stn81 View Post
    From ABS-CBNnews.com

Dyesebel's tail back to golden orange
    Posted at 03/14/2014 10:02 AM | Updated as of 03/14/2014 10:43 AM

MANILA - Actress Anne Curtis admitted she had to reshoot some scenes of the upcoming series "Dyesebel" after the management decided to follow the original vision of The King of Philippine Comics, Mars Ravelo.

"I think what happened there was a last-minute change and they decided to stick to the original color of Dysebel which is the coral orange color, they decided na kung ano yung original yun na lang talaga," Curtis said.

"We were able to fix that right away. We shot everything again,mayroon kaming reshoot, yes mayroon, change ng color," Curtis said.

In a teaser released last month for ABS-CBN's adaptation of the classic comic, the iconic mermaid played by Curtis is seen with a pink tail.

Marian Rivera, who last portrayed the mermaid in a GMA-7 series in 2008, had an orange tail, as did Alice Dixson in 1990 and Charlene Gonzales in 1996.

For the new Dyesbel, Curtis was very proud to share that they are using scales to cover her breasts instead of clams.

"Kaliskis. Yun din po ang same thing na gumawa sa akin sa Dyosa kaya alam kong protektado ako," Curtis said.

Dyesebel movie

Curtis who is very happy to finally have her dream of playing Dyesebel come true, admitted that she is also wishing that she could also do a movie on the iconic mermaid.

"Wini-wish ko po yon, wini-wish ko na after nito ay magawa ko po ang pelikula," she said.

"Dysebel" will hit TV screens this coming Monday (March 17) after TV Patrol.

kay alice dixon ata nagstart ang trend na dapat tisay si dyesebel at dapat orange ang buntot niya kasi kay vilma at alma moreno parang black or dark blue ang buntot nila

Ikaw na Dyesebel! Palubugin ang dapat palubugin

There's no point of comparison between ABS-CBN Dyesebel and GMA-7 Kambal Sirena (as the first is way too first-rate compared to the latter) but to clear the huge margin (In terms of production, casting, acting level, effects, wardrobe and budget allocation) between the two Mermaid-series, let me do the ANG-KATOTOHANAN compare and contrast.

PRODUCTION
    The production (Elements such as the Colour, quality and style) bargains the value of a show.
    Dyesebel – Clear and real underwater shots, High-definition aerial and multiple angle shots, wise editing and fast-phase storytelling, excellent musical scoring and the location represent the beauty of one of the country’s island. BONUS: Lesson about taking care of the environment is incorporated.
    Kambal Sirena – Dirty underwater shots. The water seems to be soiled and polluted. (Compare underwater episodes of both to believe. Lol) not maximized camera use, lighting is bad. Musical scoring is boring.
    I don’t know how others define a quality made on-set (nature) episode, but Kambal Sirena is definitely, for a lack of proper word, Cheap.
    CASTING

Casting draws public attention
    Dyesebel – Definitely a powerhouse, film-like casting and each fit to their respective roles.
    Kambal Sirena – A good way to introduce new artists but definitely not a good way to battle.

ACTING LEVEL
    Give us the tone and feels.
    Dyesebel – No question of acting maturity of every actor here, awards and recognitions can speak up on their behalf.
    Kambal Sirena – I wonder if the lead actor/s and actress/es undergone series of acting workshop as I see them both lousy, or is that really the character they should portray? There’s definitely room for improvement but I hope they can pull it off before the show reach its ending.

EFFECTS
    Computer graphics/effects are something should be improved as always. It is a foundation in every Fantasy-themed show.
    Dyesebel – One thing is for sure, we are still behind in terms of technology but Dyesebel delivers tolerable computer graphics and effects quality. I was disappointed in the trailer and how the effects were made, but watching the show now, I saw great advancement. They also keen on the small things like lightings, shadows and hair movements underwater.
    Kambal Sirena – I would commend the show if they’ve shown a little improvement on their effects. The effects were a little bit off than Galema which is an afternoon show! The sea water snake is a LOL material, hair is frizzy underwater and a lot to mention. (you can help) lol

NOTE: Just notice the Title Logo of bith Shows. How it is made! Look closer. Dun palang gets mo na ang may class and quality!

WARDROBE
    This makes the show believable.
    Dyesebel – Dyesebel without make-up is beyond classy and genuine. Mermaid is a creature with upper body of a human with the tail of a fish. This is basically the logic of the simplicity incorporated in Dyesebel. (Also as I remember in all ABS-CBN sirena seryes)
    Good management move to retail the Golden-orange fish tail of Dyesebel as it is classic and simple and it has an amazing effect underwater unlike blue)
    Kambal Sirena – I don’t know how they come up with a gay-makeup (happy foundation day!) and very-Jolina-look way back 1980’s. It’s not just cheap but awkward.

I noticed also that even the “mahiyain” and “probinsyana” character of the lead is wearing an over and exaggerated make up! Lol? I hope they’re realistic when they showcase the Fantaserye’s normal world. Kailangan ba talaga ni lead star ng bonggang make over?
    (I hope aljur’s wardrobe comes with class) I mean, notice how aljur and the rest of the cast is styled)

BUDGET ALLOCATION
    Well, this can explain how the networks value US.

Dyesebel – The talent fee of the powerhouse (wide and extensive) cast of Dyesebel may pay for the entire Telebabad shows of GMA-7. You can do the math for the location, wardrobe of the extended casting, effects and new cameras on the set and many more.

Kambal Sirena – GMA always brand their show as the most budgeted but it is not working. It doesn’t look like one.

I DARE everyone to watch both shows to see the difference. I BET you’ll agree with me. This is not a biased article. This is the TRUTH.
    I am back.

I am ANG KATOTOHANAN!

Quote Originally Posted by layneblancaflor View Post
    There's no point of comparison between ABS-CBN Dyesebel and GMA-7 Kambal Sirena (as the first is way too first-rate compared to the latter) but to clear the huge margin (In terms of production, casting, acting level, effects, wardrobe and budget allocation) between the two Mermaid-series, let me do the ANG-KATOTOHANAN compare and contrast.

PRODUCTION
    The production (Elements such as the Colour, quality and style) bargains the value of a show.
    Dyesebel – Clear and real underwater shots, High-definition aerial and multiple angle shots, wise editing and fast-phase storytelling, excellent musical scoring and the location represent the beauty of one of the country’s island. BONUS: Lesson about taking care of the environment is incorporated.
    Kambal Sirena – Dirty underwater shots. The water seems to be soiled and polluted. (Compare underwater episodes of both to believe. Lol) not maximized camera use, lighting is bad. Musical scoring is boring.
    I don’t know how others define a quality made on-set (nature) episode, but Kambal Sirena is definitely, for a lack of proper word, Cheap.
    CASTING

Casting draws public attention
    Dyesebel – Definitely a powerhouse, film-like casting and each fit to their respective roles.
    Kambal Sirena – A good way to introduce new artists but definitely not a good way to battle.

ACTING LEVEL
    Give us the tone and feels.
    Dyesebel – No question of acting maturity of every actor here, awards and recognitions can speak up on their behalf.
    Kambal Sirena – I wonder if the lead actor/s and actress/es undergone series of acting workshop as I see them both lousy, or is that really the character they should portray? There’s definitely room for improvement but I hope they can pull it off before the show reach its ending.

EFFECTS
    Computer graphics/effects are something should be improved as always. It is a foundation in every Fantasy-themed show.
    Dyesebel – One thing is for sure, we are still behind in terms of technology but Dyesebel delivers tolerable computer graphics and effects quality. I was disappointed in the trailer and how the effects were made, but watching the show now, I saw great advancement. They also keen on the small things like lightings, shadows and hair movements underwater.
    Kambal Sirena – I would commend the show if they’ve shown a little improvement on their effects. The effects were a little bit off than Galema which is an afternoon show! The sea water snake is a LOL material, hair is frizzy underwater and a lot to mention. (you can help) lol

NOTE: Just notice the Title Logo of bith Shows. How it is made! Look closer. Dun palang gets mo na ang may class and quality!

WARDROBE
    This makes the show believable.
    Dyesebel – Dyesebel without make-up is beyond classy and genuine. Mermaid is a creature with upper body of a human with the tail of a fish. This is basically the logic of the simplicity incorporated in Dyesebel. (Also as I remember in all ABS-CBN sirena seryes)
    Good management move to retail the Golden-orange fish tail of Dyesebel as it is classic and simple and it has an amazing effect underwater unlike blue)
    Kambal Sirena – I don’t know how they come up with a gay-makeup (happy foundation day!) and very-Jolina-look way back 1980’s. It’s not just cheap but awkward.

I noticed also that even the “mahiyain” and “probinsyana” character of the lead is wearing an over and exaggerated make up! Lol? I hope they’re realistic when they showcase the Fantaserye’s normal world. Kailangan ba talaga ni lead star ng bonggang make over?
    (I hope aljur’s wardrobe comes with class) I mean, notice how aljur and the rest of the cast is styled)

BUDGET ALLOCATION
    Well, this can explain how the networks value US.

Dyesebel – The talent fee of the powerhouse (wide and extensive) cast of Dyesebel may pay for the entire Telebabad shows of GMA-7. You can do the math for the location, wardrobe of the extended casting, effects and new cameras on the set and many more.

Kambal Sirena – GMA always brand their show as the most budgeted but it is not working. It doesn’t look like one.

I DARE everyone to watch both shows to see the difference. I BET you’ll agree with me. This is not a biased article. This is the TRUTH.
    I am back.

I am ANG KATOTOHANAN!

http://img0.uploadhouse.com/fileuplo...53a1338ff4.jpg
    Naku sis! Sa GME tards, WORLD CLASS at may QUALITY na yang Kambal Sirena nila At before ipalabas yang KS eh gamit na gamit sa PROMO nila ang Dyesebel huh! Habang ang Dyesebel while promoting eh NEVER na naggamit ng ibang show from the rival network para pag-usapan di gaya sa iba diyan na dinadrag pa ang Dyesebel para lang makapukaw ng attention

i UP natin ang thread...

Post lang nang Post

Maganda ang Dysebel ABS CBN Version.... walang binatbat sa Dyesbel ng GMA version na puro stryofoam ang peg....

Congrats sa Production crew ng Dyesebel

What Makes "Dyesebel" far better than "Kambal Sirena?"
    Posted date: 4/14/2014 / LionhearTV

Back in 2008, for almost six-month run on television, GMA-7 claimed success on Mars Ravelo’s material assumed by Marian Rivera. But today, it’s ABS-CBN Channel 2’s turn—having Anne Curtis breathing into the Filipino well-loved mermaid character.

Anne Curtis: The Ultimate ‘Dyesebel’ so far.

It’s quite funny for Curtis’s detractors to use Anne’s age as a reason not to fit the said character. Pardon these words—‘sour grapes’ throw yourselves off the window.

Anne Curtis perfectly fits the mold of what a mermaid is and what Ravelo has imagined with along with the many Filipinos. Curtis is mestiza-looking with Caucasian and ethereal beauty. She embodies both the idea of combining being ‘sensual’ and being ‘virginal’. And she can play both personas effectively without a doubt.

Though fans of Louise may claim that their idol is younger, but at first glance, Curtis is the ideal mermaid—the way Filipinos are oriented to the said idea.

No Miscasting Occurred, not a Copycat as well.

On Dyesebel’s pilot episode in March, I must say the execution of the script is far from not being questionable. The love story of the merman Tino (Albert Martinez) and human Lucia (Dawn Zulueta) did click. Pairing Martinez and Zulueta is a refreshing idea and I didn’t find any ‘awkwardness’ as opposed to the lovers in ‘Kambal Sirena’ played by Yul Servo and Mickey Ferriols. I have nothing against the latter artists’ acting skills, but watching them in their scenes—I felt off. This was a case of miscast.

Eula Valdez as Reyna Dyangga and Zsa-Zsa Padila as Elena Villamayor-Montealto are the perfect villainesses in the series.

Yes, I must agree that ‘Kambal Sirena’ maybe novel, however—I remember ABS-CBN Channel 2 also had a fantaserye based on Rod Santiago’s creation—‘Agua Bendita’ which starred Andi Eigenmann back in 2010. So where would you draw the line of being unique? It’s pretty obvious that GMA-7’s mermaid’s tale is entirely novel, but a copycat?

Since ABS-CBN Channel 2’s ‘Dyesebel’ is a Ravelo creation—it stayed loyal to the graphic novelist’s vision, but enhancing it to make it more interesting and relevant for today’s diverse TV audience.

Offers a Whole Realistic, New World.

Noel Flores, the show’s visual designer was successful enough to create a ‘culture’ in the underwater world of Dyesebel’s tale.

Every detail in the so-called ‘world-building’ was carefully thought of. It was not just created and executed out of compliance. It went beyond the usual stuff that were presented in previous Dyesebel stories. One won’t just be treated to coral formation, when a royal throne is presented on screen. There are structures, a caste system that shows classifications of members in the said underwater kingdom. It’s an entirely realistic, new world in there. It’s like watching a ‘Divergent’ story by Veronica Roth, but its setting is underwater. A popular special effects company named Digital Dodge made an excellent work in executing every episode of this series—a virtually cinematic experience.

What’s amusing is that, even to the minutest detail of making the underwater scenes were not left uncovered. The suspension of disbelief was almost handled implausible in its narrative process. The tails of the mermaids and the mermen were created from 100 percent industrial grade silicone, which are less vulnerable in long hours of being submerged in salt water. The swimming scenes are just awesome—both Marissa Floriendo and Boy Siojo, the underwater cinematographers did a beautiful job. The transitions from being in a harness to its real swimming scene are not abrupt and not impossible to believe in. The production designs of Nancy Arcega are just impeccable, too—having Palawan as its scenic backdrop for this Dyesebel series.

Directors Don M. Cuaresma, Francis E. Pasion, and Darnrel Joy R. Villaflor are to be commended for making this version of Dyesebel having not just a commercial value, but a global appeal.

And yes, it really has a good storytelling coupled with a visually appealing imagination created of course by Noel Flores. This present-day Dyesebel is a fresher take of what Mars Ravelo has started in the 1950s, and perhaps the best version, I think.

Also in the cast, Curtis’s leading men are Sam Milby as the merman Liro and Gerald Anderson as Fredo Montealto. Andi Eigenmann is Betty Reyes, Beatriz’s adopted sister (Curtis’s persona on land). Supporting cast consists of Dawn Zulueta, Ai-Ai de las Alas, Zsa-Zsa Padilla, Gabby Concepcion, Gina Pareño, Bangs Garcia, and Jason Abalos. Other cast members are Ogie Diaz, William Lorenzo, Debraliz Borres, Allan Paule, Lou Veloso, Neil Coleta, Nico Antonio, Bodie Cruz, David Chua, Erin Ocampo, JV Kapunan, and Markki Stroem. Interesting characters in the underwater world are Pinky Pusit and Karlo Kabayo as voiced by Kakai Bautista and Thou Reyes, respectively.

‘Dyesebel’ airs on weeknights at 7:40pm.

Written for LionhearTV by Correspondent Jude Cartalaba

ang peke ng special effects sa dyesebel, wala parin tayong technical skill for true to life visual effects

I-Emmy's royal gown-maker shalnarkissess's Avatar
    pasado na rin ang special effects sa dyesebel, gumaganda na rin ang technical skill sa atin for true to life visual effects

I stopped watching this. Parang kahit di ako manuod ng ilang buwan makaka-relate pa rin ako sa kwento kapag nasa last week na...Grabe lang.Parang di kaabang-abang

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 9