PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: Kia Victorious in Battle of Newcomers

LA Revilla (23pts, 7rebs) stole away the spotlight off of boxing champ Manny Pacquiao's PBA debut, as he rallied Kia over Blackwater 80-66.

read more

PHOTOS: 40th PBA Season Opening Ceremony

Ellen Adarna, Megan Young and Alice Dixson led the parade of team muses yesterday during the Opening Ceremony of the new PBA season. Check our gallery here!

read more

PHOTOS: Aguilar, Ginebra Bully Talk N Text

Ginebra had no problems in their opening campaign after a 101-81 win over TNT. Japeth Aguilar proved to be too much for the Texters with his game-high 18pts, 18rebs and 5 blks.

read more

Show Me Your Winning Teeths!

Merly and Chelsey are back for a new season of SMYT and they are 'happy to serve' you a new episode about the Miss World pageant and the UAAP Finals.

read more

REVIEW: The Trial

If there's one particular asset the film has, it's the ensemble.

read more

PROMO: Big Hero 6

Join the promo and get a chance to win special screening tickets to Big Hero 6!

read more

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

UAAP Season 76 Women's Volleyball MVP Predictions

Will DLSU's Aby Marano defend her MVP crown and become a 3-time UAAP MVP upon her exit? Or will it be one of her teammates like Ara Galang or Mika Reyes?

Or is it time for someone like ADMU's Alyssa Valdez or NU's Dindin Santiago to bag the MVP plum this season?

Your predictions?

Mvp

Ara Galang alone this time. Maraño can just have the Final's MVP. Hahahaha! But when Tunay gets a lot of good sets and consistent services she can possibly rob the trophy.

Marano is still coming out strong. Galang continues to be an all around player. Idk but I think it's still between these two.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmichael View Post
    Ara Galang alone this time. Maraño can just have the Final's MVP. Hahahaha! But when Tunay gets a lot of good sets and consistent services she can possibly rob the trophy.
    Possible. What makes it exciting is the addition of the points from the won sets of the team. Haha. Mika Reyes is also a contender.

"Mika Reyes's spiking efficiency is actually at 55.17% compared to Jaja Santiago's 49.32%. Hindi sya kasama sa top spikers kasi she was 6 spiking attempts short to reach the 15% minimum sa team attempts para masama sa leaders. If the Lady Spikers had 6 more sets at lahat kay Mika at kahit error or blocked lahat yung 6 na yon, she will still be at 49.23%, good for #2. But of course sa 6 na sets kay Mika malamang at least 3 doon pasok."

If the formula for the MVP award goes unchanged, I believe it will be just between these 3:
    (STATS AS OF DEC. 19)
    Mika Aereen Reyes - #1 Best Spiker (If she gets 6 more attempts), #1 Best Blocker, #9 Best Server
    Abigail Marano - #4 Best Spiker, #2 Best Blocker, #8 Best Server
    Victonara Galang - #8 Best Spiker, #6 Best Blocker, #10 Best Server

They also have higher chances because DLSU hasn't lost a set YET.

as of the first 4 games it seems Marano is leading based on available stats. Unless sobrang kulelat yun other departments nya w/c i doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by stanman View Post
    as of the first 4 games it seems Marano is leading based on available stats. Unless sobrang kulelat yun other departments nya w/c i doubt.
    Both Marano & Galang have solid floor defense kaya di sila nalalayo in the digging & receiving categories. They're probably in the Top 20. Dun kulelat si Yeye. Kase pinapalitan sya ng libero.

Maglalaway pala si Mela kung ganon. Sayang. I still want Ara as MVP but so far ang mga sets ni Fajardo ok naman well distributed but ***** mas marami lg ag pumunta ky Ara last season at mas nkokontian ako ngayon

UAAP Season 76 Women's Volleyball MVP Predictions

As far as consistency as a player. I think Abby Maraño, Ara galang and Mika Reyes ang may malaking chance to be season 76 MVP, kung *** game nila eh di magbabago at tuloy tuloy.

If Allysa and Dindin will continue their improvement in digging and reception
    then it's a toss between the two. Spiking and Serving already given. Push
    pa sa blocking then all set in!!! so far kasi itong dalawang to ang main weapon
    ng kanilang mga team kaya gamit na gamit... unlike sa dlsu everything is well distributed

Dindin will get this.

Napa aga ang pag gawa netong thread

anyway, i'll be posting the Final MVP/Rookie of the year Tally of SEASON 75 (which was never been published anywhwere else) soon just so everyone will have an idea on how the computations/formula work at para guide na rin for your predictions on who will be this season's MVP.

Dindin and Alyssa were 6th and 9th respectively last season so mukang malaking challenge pa rin sa kanila ang pagiging MVP this year. The good news for them is mahaba pa ang season and may chance pa silang humabol.

Famous Internet Celebrity! __bahay__kubo__'s Avatar
    a bold prediction: the Season MVP for UAAP Season 76 Women's Volleyball will win the award through a boardroom decision.

Prediction:
    The MVP award will be a controversial issue again this season.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by skimberlu View Post
    Napa aga ang pag gawa netong thread

anyway, i'll be posting the Final MVP/Rookie of the year Tally of SEASON 75 (which was never been published anywhwere else) soon just so everyone will have an idea on how the computations/formula work at para guide na rin for your predictions on who will be this season's MVP.

Dindin and Alyssa were 6th and 9th respectively last season so mukang malaking challenge pa rin sa kanila ang pagiging MVP this year. The good news for them is mahaba pa ang season and may chance pa silang humabol.
    Hello! Kindly publish the Season 75 MVP/ROY tally ASAP so that I could post it on my page (Of course I will cite you as my source). Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by VolleyballDonya View Post
    Hello! Kindly publish the Season 75 MVP/ROY tally. Thank you!
    UAAP S75 Final Individual Skills Ranking

Galang - #8 Best Spiker, #6 Blocker, #9 Server, #10 Digger, #21 Setter, #17 Receiver
    Marano - #6 Best Spiker, #1 Blocker, #15 Server, #14 Digger, #44 Setter, #20 Receiver
    Gervacio - #28 Best Spiker, #11 Blocker, #3 Server, #15 Digger, #14 Setter, #13 Receiver
    Gumabao - #12 Best Spiker, #8 Blocker, #16 Server, #28 Digger, #24 Setter, #54 Receiver
    Vargas - #18 Best Spiker, #22 Blocker, #2 Server, #13 Digger, #34 Setter, #5 Receiver
    Santiago - #5 Best Spiker, #5 Blocker, #4 Server, #21 Digger, #43 Setter, #21 Receiver
    Nepumoceno - #10 Best Spiker, #3 Blocker, #18 Server, #24 Digger, #25 Setter, #29 Receiver
    caballejo - #16 Best Spiker, #34 Blocker, #17 Server, #6 Digger, #28 Setter, #9 Receiver
    Valdez - #4 Best Spiker, #12 Blocker, #5 Server, #16 Digger, #46 Setter, #39 Receiver
    Pineda - #17 Best Spiker, #31 Blocker, #1 Server, #9 Digger, #41 Setter, #11 Receiver

Source: http://issuu.com/tmxsports/docs/75ua..._ranking__all_

sa ranking ba ng spiking skill for mvp eh kailangan ma-reach ng player yung 15% na ceiling? Pano ba kinocompute yung ranking ng individual skills for mvp? For example, mika reyes eff in spiking is above 50% yet she wasn't included in best spiker ranking because of the 15% ceiling. So how would she be ranked sa mvp race?

^
    wag mo ng problemahin... magtiwala ka na lang sa statisticians ng mga schools (hindi ng sa UAAP)

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricLambo View Post
    If Allysa and Dindin will continue their improvement in digging and reception
    then it's a toss between the two. Spiking and Serving already given. Push
    pa sa blocking then all set in!!! so far kasi itong dalawang to ang main weapon
    ng kanilang mga team kaya gamit na gamit... unlike sa dlsu everything is well distributed

But dindin is not even on the top 10 sa blocks.. And scoring is not part ng computation sa mvp kaya kahit sila main weapon, i think hindi naman super nakaka affect yun.

Quote Originally Posted by darth_vader23 View Post
    sa ranking ba ng spiking skill for mvp eh kailangan ma-reach ng player yung 15% na ceiling? Pano ba kinocompute yung ranking ng individual skills for mvp? For example, mika reyes eff in spiking is above 50% yet she wasn't included in best spiker ranking because of the 15% ceiling. So how would she be ranked sa mvp race?
    Parang ganun na nga.
    Mika Reyes's Spiking percentage last season was 38.73, but she's only ranked #26th!
    Yung #25 is Nicole Tiamzon of UP whose spiking percentage is only 18.03

Quote Originally Posted by skimberlu View Post
    Parang ganun na nga.
    Mika Reyes's Spiking percentage last season was 38.73, but she's only ranked #26th!
    Yung #25 is Nicole Tiamzon of UP whose spiking percentage is only 18.03
    If you look at the stats you posted, after the first 25 are ranked, the next players are ranked according to number of spikes made, regardless of percentage.

So unless Mika Reyes gets at least 15% of the total attempts of DLSU, she won't be in the top 25 again this year. Mahirap talaga because she's only the fourth option on offense (after Galang, Demecillo and Marano in that order).

Same thing for the receiving stats. You must get at least 25% of the total attempts of your team in order to be in the top 10. Kaya walang nasa top 10 ng DLSU sa receiving stats this year, even if they're the #1 receiving team so far, is probably because reception is distributed, hindi lang puro sa libero. So if you look at last year's stats, after the top 10 which are ranked according to receiving efficiency, the rest of the players are ranked in terms of # of excellent receptions.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast