PEx Highlights

MOVIE REVIEW: The Maze Runner

The Maze Runner is a gripping and intense post-apocalyptic rollercoaster.

read more

Show Me Your One Big Teeths!

Virgie is absent but Merly has a special guest in this week's episode! Find out who it is in this week's Cheerdance edition of Show Me Your Teeths!

read more

First BPO Choice Awards Official Launch

The Core Productions, Inc., presented the first industry and awards night that revels the voice of the IT-BPO industry at the ICITE Auditorium.

read more

PHOTOS: Adamson Finally Captures Elusive Win

Check out match scenes from the final elimination game of the UAAP Men's Basketball season!

read more

UAAP End of Eliminations Power Rankings

Fun times in Katipunan, the streaking Red Warriors and a very happy Norbert Torres. All that and more in this week's power rankings!

read more

FEATURE: The Travails of Chot Reyes

Find out as Jay P. Mercado weighs in on the criticism handed to our national basketball team coach, Chot Reyes.

read more

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast
    And the scalpers jubilates!

2013 UAAP FINALS GAME 3: Puso for UST, Height's Might for DLSU

Source: http://www.gameface.ph/entry.php?273...MIGHT-FOR-DLSU

Here are some significant factors that could decide the sudden-death Game Three winner:

REBOUNDING – No rebounds, no rings. La Salle has outrebounded UST in both games – 44-43 in Game One and 57-39 in Game Two, including a 27-10 edge off the offensive glass that allowed the Green Archers to pick up 18 second-chance points (against UST’s six).

OFFENSE – Undoubtedly Jeric Teng is UST’s meal ticket. Unfortunately, Aljon Mariano (5.5 ppg) has had a hard time shadowing newcomer Mythical Five choice Jason Perkins (9.0 ppg) so much so the wear and tear has affected his scoring significantly. He and three-point bomber Clark Bautista (4.5 ppg) need to step up offensively if the Growling Tigers are to give graduating Jeric Teng a nice farewell gift.

DEFENSE – La Salle’s hefty and beefy Big Three of Arnold Van Opstal (13.0 ppg, 9.5 rpg), Norbert Torres (9.0 ppg, 8.0 rpg)) and first-year Mythical Five choice Jason Perkins (9.0 ppg, 10.5 rpg) will play as physical as the referees will allow them. UST has its own big men in Abdul, Mariano, Paulo Pe and Kent Lao but they have been unable to match the opposing side’s toughness.

HEART OF A CHAMPION - “Puso,” UST bench maestro says his Growling Tigers have. But is their heart bigger than those of the La Salle players? Both teams are as hungry as ever. UST has not won since 2006 and La Salle has not reigned supreme since 2007. No “pusong manon” here. Crybabies can go home early. The time to cry is when a title has been won.

TURNOVERS – Minimize the turnovers, especially the unforced ones. Turnovers are a recipe for disaster.

FREE THROW SHOOTING – Make the free throws. In a close game that Game Three will likely turn out to be, the misses may haunt a team at the end. La Salle has often struggled from the line this season.

ROTATION – UST coach Pido Jarencio shares the wealth and often stretches his rotation to as many as 11 men. DLSU bench honcho Juno Sauler, on the other hand, would rather go no more than eight or nine. In Game Two, his only substitutes were Norbert Torres and Thomas Torres. Matthew Salem, who is recovering from a bout with mumps, has yet to see action in the series.

HEIGHT – UST owns a respectable frontline corps but ring leader Abdul can’t get the job done inside by his lonesome. He needs Mariano and Pe to toughen up against DLSU’s Big Three with their own brand of physicality. Van Opstal, Norbert Torres and Perkins, to an extent, mimic the Los Angeles Lakers’ Andrew Bynum, Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom during their NBA championship years in 2009 and 2010. Height is might and so look for La Salle to continue to push the ball inside with low-post plays from Norbert Torres, Van Opstal and Perkins or kick it out to Jeron for his slashing acts and Vosotros (15.5 ppg), LA Revilla (6.5 ppg) and even Perkins for their long-range bombs. Early foul trouble by the big men of either side can quickly change the complexion of the game.

HUSTLE POINTS – It’s the last game of the season. Give it all for there’s no tomorrow for the loser. It does not show up in the stats line, but getting a majority of the loose or so-called 50-50 balls can energize a team in a jiffy.

sorry AN1MO, am still 100% on our side but I want Jeric Teng to have this crown. naawa ako sa kanya....Jeron pwede p naman mag grandslam eh bigay muna natin kay Kuya...

animo pa din!!!!!!!!!!!

Oo nga. Kawawa naman. Ibigay na sa kawawang USTe yan (base sa description ng nasa taas)!!!

What about pressure?

KO game vs Ateneo, 2 KO games vs NU.

This will be the 4th time.

Again, what pressure?

Coach Pido celebrated with "San Miguel Beer" too early in the series. Miscalculated LA SALLE's ability to recover.
    3 point shooting accuracy only way UST can neutralize LA SALLE's height advantage in rebounding.
    Momentum has now shifted to LA SALLE's favor.
    Battle for control in the 1st Quarter is crucial for the rest of the game.
    Can Coach Pido and his coaching staff make the right adjustments???

Quote Originally Posted by rca View Post
    http://www.figurerealm.com/userimages/customs/5500/5273-4.jpg

GAME 3 HAHAHA!
    nice one

Off: Para doon sa mga bumili sa Sulit ng tickets... Legit naman ba? I mean, nakpasok ba kayo sa Araneta gamit ang biniling ticket from Sulit? (just in case ma-napoles ang mga ticket for Game 3)
    TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by sakitsabangs View Post
    All The Way!!!! Livin La Vida Santo Tomas!!!! Rawwwrrr!!!! http://vz.iminent.com/vz/9496e686-2c...ngry-tiger.gif

Hahaha! Meron naman po pero hayaan mo na lang sila. Kung dyan sila maligaya sa pag-iisip nilang yan. Pero okay lang naman sa akin.
    Kaya lang sakitsabangs, parang mga nag pahinga na lahat yung mga sinuportahan mo, LOL. peace!!!
    OK na OK lang na bigay mo support sa USTe sa Game 3 pero samahan mo ng prayers for a UST win para pang alis ng jinx. Thanks in advance!!!

Wrong thread.
    Last edited by aeonflux23; Oct 6, 2013 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Edit

Go USTe!!!

Sugal na ust next game

Di sila mananalo pag nakipagsabayan sila sa loob

Ang nagpanalo sakanila nung game 1 yung outside shooting nila

Wala silang choice

Quote Originally Posted by wizmeluck View Post
    Kaya lang sakitsabangs, parang mga nag pahinga na lahat yung mga sinuportahan mo, LOL. peace!!!
    OK na OK lang na bigay mo support sa USTe sa Game 3 pero samahan mo ng prayers for a UST win para pang alis ng jinx. Thanks in advance!!!
    Naku hindi. Kung inabangan mo talaga ang posts ko this season, may mga posts akong nag-cheer sa USTe at DLSU , eh syempre nasa finals na sila ngayon.

Pero syempre ulit, para sa ikaka-relak ng buong dlsu fans at fantards, Go USTe pa rin!

Quote Originally Posted by wizmeluck View Post
    Syempre sasamahan ko ng dasal yan!

Animo DaSalle!!!!

Birthday ko sa 11, but since may pasok ako sa 12 kami mag ccelebrate with my family. Manonood kami ng game tapos dinner nalang sa MOA. Please sana ibigay ng USTe ang championship as a bday gift for me.. Last year bday ko talo USTe against ateneo finals din yun huhuhu sana they can make it up to me.. Hehehe

Syempre sasamahan ko ng dasal yan!

Animo DaSalle!!!!
    sa puso mo DLSU ang gusto mo bangs?

Quote Originally Posted by marky_83 View Post
    Birthday ko sa 11, but since may pasok ako sa 12 kami mag ccelebrate with my family. Manonood kami ng game tapos dinner nalang sa MOA. Please sana ibigay ng USTe ang championship as a bday gift for me.. Last year bday ko talo USTe against ateneo finals din yun huhuhu sana they can make it up to me.. Hehehe
    birthday ko sa 12, sana DLSU to..

------

ano na ba talagang venue?

Naku hindi. Kung inabangan mo talaga ang posts ko this season, may mga posts akong nag-cheer sa USTe at DLSU , eh syempre nasa finals na sila ngayon.

Pero syempre ulit, para sa ikaka-relak ng buong dlsu fans at fantards, Go USTe pa rin!
    bangs ...nakalimutan mo ang NU mo

Quote Originally Posted by Boying View Post
    bangs ...nakalimutan mo ang NU mo
    Eh namahinga na nga ang NU di ba? Ba't ko pa ime-mention? Haller..

Pero sad nga nag-cheer din ako sa NU at UP.

Quote Originally Posted by therrajj View Post
    sa puso mo DLSU ang gusto mo bangs?
    Huwag mo nang sabihin, baka ma-jinx din.

GO USTe!!!!

i'm a UAAP fan
    unless Paulo Pe learns to rebound and defend within a week & Aljon Mariano gets his ball back (super duwag niya this past 2 games sana magkabayag na siya) La Salle can book the championship.

ps. didn't comment na about coach pido because ever since he wasn't really a tactician he's more of a motivator. Juno>Pido for me actually.

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast