Lorde: The New Queen of Alternative | Music Fans | PinoyExchange

PEx Highlights

Let's go to Baguio!

Kick-off summer up north! Anyone ready for a road trip?

read more

Hurray to healthy meals!

Healthy meals can also be yummy! Here are some suggestions from the PEx community. Share us your healthy meal recipes also.

read more

A night to remember!

Let us go back to our high school days and reminisce our prom moments here. Any special memories from your prom?

read more

Destined To Be Yours

Napanood mo na ba ang latest trailer ng pinakaunang ALDUB serye? Kung hindi pa, silipin mo na dito!

read more

PROMO: Fist Fight

Check out this thread to know how to win screening tickets to Fist Fight!

read more

UAAP Volleyball!

There is a different action happening outside the volleyball court. Be part of the game here and talk about your favorite volleyball teams!

read more

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... Last

Lorde: The New Queen of Alternative

Ella Yelich-O'Connor (born 7 November 1996), known by her stage name Lorde (/ˈlɔrd/), is a New Zealand singer-songwriter. She released her first EP, The Love Club EP, in March 2013 and her second single, "Tennis Court", in June 2013. The artist's début album, Pure Heroine, was released on September 27, 2013.

Yelich-O'Connor was born in Auckland, New Zealand on 7 November 1996 to a civil engineer father and Sonja Yelich, a prize-winning New Zealand poet; she was then raised in suburban Devonport, North Shore, Auckland. She is of Yugoslav ancestry.
    At the age of 12, she was spotted by A&R scout Scott Maclachlan when he saw her singing in a video of a talent show at her school, Belmont Intermediate. Later, when Yelich-O'Connor was 13, Maclachlan signed her to Universal and, at the age of 14, she began working with their songwriters.Yelich-O'Connor began writing songs with her guitar at "about thirteen or fourteen".
    As of July 2013, Yelich-O'Connor is a Year Twelve student at Takapuna Grammar School

Pure Heroine (debut album)
    Available on record bars this coming Sept. 30, 2013 (US).

Track listing:
    1. "Tennis Court"
    2. "400 Lux"
    3. "Royals"
    4. "Ribs"
    5. "Buzzcut Season"
    6. "Team"
    7. "Glory and Gore"
    8. "Still Sane"
    9. "White Teeth Teens"
    10. "A World Alone"

Royals (lead single of Pure Heroine)

Another tracks from her debut album..

It's like 5/6 weeks ago when I first heard Royals, it was still at the Top 30 of US iTunes at that time. I fell inlove to it instantly. I love her style/genre, her voice and etc. Then I found out that she's still 16 . Nacurios ako about this kid, I downloaded The Love Club EP and Tennis Court EP, and sheyt!!! Tennis Court made me a huge stan..

I'm just happy that she's seeing succes right now in the US (Royals is currently #1 in US iTunes) and other countries. She's just so talented. At the age of 16, she's already written a lot of songs. Songs that sound more mature and have more sense than most of the other pop girls' songs rn .

Anyways, she's releasing her debut album this Sept 30 (US) (not sure kung kailan dito sa Pinas) and I'm sure I'm going to buy it. I've heard it and it's a pretty solid debut album. Imo, the best album so far this year..

Anyways, kung sino man ibang gusto rin si Lorde djan, feel free to get in! You're all welcome here!

I like her. What's her height? She should also try modeling. She has a very striking high fashion look.

Got my copy of Pure Heroine today. Man, all tracks are gems! Tennis Court is my favorite, followed by Royals.

Royals is currently on top of the Billboard charts. Congratulations, Lorde!

Quote Originally Posted by silverwhiz View Post
    Got my copy of Pure Heroine today. Man, all tracks are gems! Tennis Court is my favorite, followed by Royals.
    physical copy po!!??

and Yesss!!! Congrats Lorde for the #1 in BBH100..

Pure Heroine is currently #1 in US iTunes!! It's above Justin Timberlake,s latest album!! And it's predicted to debut at#3 in Hot 200!!

Praise Thee Lorde!!!

Her music is so fresh! I love her.

Check out her "400 Lux" song. It's my 2nd favorite after Royals.

Congrats to your Royals at the Billboard Charts, oh Lorde!

^

Yeah!!! 400 Lux is great... It's my most played track (excluding Royals, Tennis Court and Team) in the album!!!

My Top 3 in the album (excluding Royals, TC and Team again):

-400 Lux
    -Ribs
    -White Teeth Teens

Because I love Lorde, I made choreography to Royals:

I love Lorde. I love Royals and Tennis Court.

Nung pinatugtog ng officemate ko yung nag cover ng Royals (Pentatonix) nacurious ako kung sino yung original na kumanta and eversince then, naadik na ako kay Lorde. 1 week ko atang pinatugtog yung Royals sa office at sa pad ko tapos dinownload ko yung album niya, lahat nagustuhan ko. Fresh, edgy, sexy and very cold ng voice niya. I love Lorde too! Loving White Teeth Teens, Ribs, Team. Every song! And her being only 16? Malayo mararating ng batang ito.

I love Lorde's Pure Heroine album

I love Glory and Gore

Really pressed at Queen Lorde not getting the BNA and AOTY Grammy nominations...

But oh well,

Record Of The Year:
    "Royals" — Lorde

Song Of The Year:
    "Royals" — Joel Little & Ella Yelich O'Connor, songwriters (Lorde)

Best Pop Solo Performance:
    "Royals" — Lorde

Best Pop Vocal Album:
    "Pure Heroine" -- Lorde

Get it Lorde!!

Lorde just dropped another song in iTunes...

Quote Originally Posted by JunreyCio View Post
    Lorde just dropped another song in iTunes...

[video=youtube;zTLYXLVUtOc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTLYXLVUtOc
    I love this! Bat kaya wala siya sa Pure Heroine?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... Last