PEx Highlights

FEATURE: On Former Teammates and Rivals

PEx's guest contributor Michele Gumabao talks about her ex-teammates and ex-rivals in the UAAP and the pros.

read more

PHOTOS: Alaska Takes Game 1 vs RoS

The Aces mustered a furious 2nd half turnaround to take Game 1 of the semifinals against the Elasto Painters, 87-80.

read more

TRAVEL: Ilocos: Vigan, Laoag, Pagudpud

PExer mikedph shares everything you need to know about an Ilocos trip that includes photos around Vigan, Laoag and Pagudpud.

read more

FEATURE: Philippine Cup Semis Preview

It's the Aces against the E-Painters and SMB versus TNT. Read on as JPM previews and predicts the outcome of the Fil Cup semis.

read more

Where are you staying this Holiday Season?

Join the Call Center promo and get a chance to win Pizza Inc Gift Certificates!

read more

REVIEW: This is Where I Leave You

Family dramedy This Is Where I Leave You graces the screens this week. Is this movie worth checking out? Find out here!

read more

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ___bahaykubo___ View Post
    you're welcome!

14 years in the making and it is now here. DLSU vs UST in the finals. remembering the UAAP rivalry during the 90's.
    I can't even choose who will I root for. UST is my HS alma mater, while DLSU is current (college) alma mater.

Sobrang saya nung 90s. Yung Webb-Visconde side issue daw yung naglight up sa mini-rivalry nila nung 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by marky_83 View Post
    Sure na ba ang date? Pangit naman Wednesday ang start ng finals
    gusto yata nila na yung final game (baka ineexpect nila na di aabot ng game 3) tumapat dun sa ipapalabas sa abs (sat). last year kasi baligtad, weekday nagchamp ateneo

Quote Originally Posted by pepsipunk View Post
    ^ And i am sure, it will be years or decades again before we see two brothers clash in the finals.

At least, may brothers sa FEU and AdU.
    we have yet to see what Duremdes will do in Adamson. on the other hand, FEU is in good hands under Nash Racela. FEU-Adamson elimination round games are always tight but i'm not sure if we will see them slugging it out at the Final Four or Finals any time from now.

speaking of brothers, here's a what if kind of scenario: what if Thirdy Ravena plays for another UAAP team instead of staying in ADMU? will there a Ravena vs Ravena match-up in a Final Four or Finals scenario in the same way as Teng vs Teng finals this season?

Quote Originally Posted by pepsipunk View Post
    I can't even choose who will I root for. UST is my HS alma mater, while DLSU is current (college) alma mater.

Sobrang saya nung 90s. Yung Webb-Visconde side issue daw yung naglight up sa mini-rivalry nila nung 90s.
    matindi ang tirahan ng crowds noon. the DLSU supporters had this "tuition niyo, baon lang namin" chant. at the height of the Vizconde Massacre case, the UST crowd would often distract Jason Webb by shouting "massacre!"

Media's portraying it as Jeron v Jeric but I'm expecting the highlight matchup to be Kevin v. Jason. Parehong magulang ang dalawang PFs na to Magingat lang si Perkins sa mga flop ni Ferrer.

Quote Originally Posted by dashingdevonair View Post
    Media's portraying it as Jeron v Jeric but I'm expecting the highlight matchup to be Kevin v. Jason. Parehong magulang ang dalawang PFs na to Magingat lang si Perkins sa mga flop ni Ferrer.

i already expect ABS-CBN to ride on this Teng vs Teng match-up in the finals. added drama, ikaw nga. first time kasi nangyari yan, unless we will see a Ravena vs Ravena in the future.

In their second round match up, Ferrer and Mariano were alternating on Perkins. Whoever will guard him, will have a mismatch disadvantage:

Ito ba ang first ever magkapatid magkalaban sa UAAP Finals?

9. Advertisement

Well whatever the result of this matchup I'm already happy with DLSU reaching the Finals in such a competitive season. Of course I still want DLSU to win since this is the perfect time to grab the title habang wala pa yung "monster" imports.

Sit back and enjoy the show

Quote Originally Posted by JobyBryant24 View Post
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1381445_444038189050538_1020707858_n.jpg

Ito ba ang first ever magkapatid magkalaban sa UAAP Finals?
    Last "Brothers War" was between Coach Franz and Dindo in the 2007 Finals. As far as players are concerned this is the first time in history.

This will be a great Finals. DLSU-UST games have always been close. Juno and Pido are also Lasallians/Thomasians themselves. The two have different coaching styles as well.

Gotta throw out the stat sheets because it can definitely go eitherway.

Quote Originally Posted by dashingdevonair View Post
    Last "Brothers War" was between Coach Franz and Dindo in the 2007 Finals. As far as players are concerned this is the first time in history.
    oo nga pala. the "Brothers War" always happened on the coaching level (Koy Banal vs Joel Banal in 2003, Franz Pumaren vs Dindo Pumaren in 2007). this is really the first time that the "Brothers War" will go down to the level of players.

13. Sep 28, 2013, 10:58 PM

matindi ang tirahan ng crowds noon. the DLSU supporters had this "tuition niyo, baon lang namin" chant. at the height of the Vizconde Massacre case, the UST crowd would often distract Jason Webb by shouting "massacre!"
    di naman "massacre" yung chant ng ust kundi "visconde"....

Game 2 on Saturday at Araneta. Tickets for Game 1 now available at ticketnet. Upper B and Gen Ad. Reserved seating naman sa Upper B.

i already expect ABS-CBN to ride on this Teng vs Teng match-up in the finals. added drama, ikaw nga. first time kasi nangyari yan, unless we will see a Ravena vs Ravena in the future.
    btw, is it true that thirdie ravena is planning to join ust tigers? just heard from my hubby....

Quote Originally Posted by aya_ani View Post
    di naman "massacre" yung chant ng ust kundi "visconde"....

thanks for reminding me of that. yung iba kasi "Vizconde" pero may iba naman "massacre" ang sigaw. still, talagang ginagawa nila ang lahat to distract Jason Webb during that time.

oh the 90's! throwback UAAP finals between DLSU and UST. ang daming memories of the old DLSU-UST games, from the bridesmaid era of DLSU and UST's four-peat to that Dino Aldeguer shot during the 1999 DLSU-UST finals.

This is gonna ba a great Finals series for sure.

Aabangan ko talaga dito kung ano ang gagawin ni batch mate Ferrer. After Parks, baka si Jeron naman ang tirahin niya.

^^know what you mean bahay...nag start lang naman sila mag-chant nung lumabas yung banner ng dlsu saying "tuition fee nyo, baon lang namin".....

also I remember, pag nag chi-cheer ang dlsu ng "go la salle, go go lasalle lasalle"....makikisabay din ang ust crowd ng "bo lasalle, bo bo lasalle lasalle"...

'90s talaga ang matinding rivalry between dlsu and ust.....

Some Kind Of Wonderful sakitsabangs's Avatar
    So sinong nanalo nung 90's?

yung 4 peat yung naabutan ko....ust calling it "4-ward"...

indeed, glory days of uste .....

Memories, memories. Once a rivalry, now a friendly match-up.

History:

1994 - UST won 2-1 against DLSU in Finals (UST as 3rd seed, winning Games 2 and 3)
    1995 - UST won 2-1 against DLSU in Finals (winning Games 2 and 3, #1 seed)
    1996 - UST won 2-0 against DLSU in Finals (UST as 2nd seed)
    1997 - La Salle won against UST in Final Four (La Salle had the twice-to-beat disadvantage, before defeated by USTe in the first meeting, DLSU as 3nd seed, UST as 2rd seed. La Salle went on to the finals, but was defeated by FEU)
    1998 - La Salle won against UST in Final Four (La Salle had twice-to-beat, before defeated by USTe in the first meeting, pero they bounced back and eliminated UST. UST's first shot to upset a #1. La Salle won the title, beating FEU)
    1999 - La Salle won 2-1 against UST in Finals (La Salle faced UST to determine the first seed, as DLSU defeated UST, 84-79. UST won Game 1, but Archers bounced back in Games 2 and 3)
    2000 - La Salle won 2-0 against UST in Final Four (La Salle had twice-to-beat, before going and beating FEU in the Finals, getting its third straight under Franz Pumaren)
    2001 - UST didn't enter Final Four, as La Salle went on to win 4th straight championship, beating Ateneo.
    2002 - La Salle won against UST in the Final Four (La Salle was #1, UST was #4, entering the finals, before defeated by Ateneo in 3 games. LAST PLAYOFF MATCHUP BETWEEN LA SALLE AND UST before facing again in the Finals this year (2013)

After 2002 season, this is the record of UST and La Salle when they are facing each other (including the ineligibility issue that forfeited games) 10-10, but if we are going to exclude the issue, 16 - 4 in favor of La Salle.

Who were the key players nung nagharap yung UST and La Salle during these years? (1994-1996; UST 4-peat era), (1997-2000 and 2002; La Salle 4-peat era)

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast