PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: Daquis Bags V-League MVP Plum

Wonder who won the other awards? Check out the Shakey's V-League Awarding gallery here!

read more

UAAP Basketball Power Rankings: Week 7

With wins over UST and DLSU, the past week in UAAP can be summed up in three letters: FEU. Check out this week's power rankings here!

read more

FIBA FEATURE: Do We Stand a Chance?

Do we really have a shot to make it through? JPM weighs in on the the odds of Gilas Pilipinas in the FIBA World Cup.

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: The Giver

Very promising, but tries too hard to fit in the mold of the Hunger Games/Divergent series.

read more

Follow @pinoyexchange on Twitter!

Catch our latest updates on Twitter! Follow us, @pinoyexchange

read more

PHOTOS: UE Keep Final Four Dream Alive

Despite not fielding in Roi Sumang, the UE Red Warriors managed to get a 64-55 win over the NU Bulldogs.

read more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post MBA at La Salle and Ateneo

Hi everyone,

I need help about MBA programs at La Salle and Ateneo. I'm currently abroad, but would like to study there. Am a Filipino citizen.

1) Email addresss of MBA admissions ?
    2) When and how frequent is the entrance examination
    held ?
    3) May I know the schedule of each trimester e.g. 1st
    trimester (May - Sep) ?
    4) When does the MBA class start ? Could one enter
    the program on any trimester of the year ?
    5) When is the application deadline for entering the
    program for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimester ?
    6) Is there a full-time program ? Is there a part
    time program ?
    7) What's the schedule for classes held in full/part
    time program ?

Thanks for your help.

Banned by Admin

Paki try mo rin 'to:
    www.upd.edu.ph/~cba/

That is the UP College of Business Administration's web site. I strongly recommend UP's MBA program than Ateneo's and La Salle's. It is the only alternative MBA program available in the Philippines that can head ot head with AIM both in the quality of Teaching and alumni satisfaction.

I would like to take a serious pass on La Salle's MBA, much more the Ateneo's. There are no well-established firms here or abroad that recruit from these two b-schools. Their MBA program is a bit of a smoke and mirrors game; it is extremely week at the moment. Furthermore, both lousy b-schools do not offer a full time program because they do not have a Career Placement Office like the one in UP and AIM. It is expected there that you are currently employed at the moment and your MBA is for you to enhance your career from a pathetic present.

If you want a branded MBA from the Philippines, go to either UP or AIM!

All MBA programs in the Philippines are pathetic. That also includes AIM and UP.

What can you expect from a third world country?

Third rate education!

A public school in a Third World country is even worse.

If I were you, get your MBA in the USA or some other industrialized country.

However, if you really want to take your MBA in the Philippines, go for AIM. That's the best in the Philippines.

Thanks everybody for your response.

I'll take a look at UP's MBA program.

Of course, mas okay kung sa US or other progressive countries mag-aral ng MBA, pero medyo mahal kasi yung tuition at living expenses.

did you try your state university? in-state residents receive significantly lower tuition. or you could try working as a teaching/research assistant like i did. That sometimes gets you in-state status.

Banned by Admin

Post Look at the syllabus of these three universities first before you decide.

Schools have different styles and values. Better yet visit these universities to check the facilities and get the course syllabus.

Originally posted by jason_s
    I don't want to be branded an MBA from the Philippines.. hehehehe...

Cool

Paki try mo rin 'to:
    www.upd.edu.ph/~cba/
    I would like to take a serious pass on La Salle's MBA, much more the Ateneo's. There are no well-established firms here or abroad that recruit from these two b-schools. Their MBA program is a bit of a smoke and mirrors game; it is extremely week at the moment. Furthermore, both lousy b-schools do not offer a full time program because they do not have a Career Placement Office like the one in UP and AIM.
    comrade, i have to take exception.

UP MBA has a placement office? do you mean for MBA teachers or for graduates of MBA looking for a job? i graduated from UP MBA a few years ago and no one in our batch knew there was such a thing. in fact, in the whole of UP, i haven't heard of any so-called placement offices. baka naman "referral" lang by a faculty member or an alumnus???

i also know of many successful businessmen and executive from ateneo and DLSU MBA.

Paki try mo rin 'to:
    www.upd.edu.ph/~cba/

That is the UP College of Business Administration's web site. I strongly recommend UP's MBA program than Ateneo's and La Salle's. It is the only alternative MBA program available in the Philippines that can head ot head with AIM both in the quality of Teaching and alumni satisfaction.

I would like to take a serious pass on La Salle's MBA, much more the Ateneo's. There are no well-established firms here or abroad that recruit from these two b-schools. Their MBA program is a bit of a smoke and mirrors game; it is extremely week at the moment. Furthermore, both lousy b-schools do not offer a full time program because they do not have a Career Placement Office like the one in UP and AIM. It is expected there that you are currently employed at the moment and your MBA is for you to enhance your career from a pathetic present.

Mga UP talaga. Hay nako.

May I ask you if nakakuha ka ba ng MBA sa UP?

If not, then I do not think you do have the right to say about the alumni satisfaction thing. Haha, doubt it if UP ever did a study about the satisfaction rating of former MBA students of UP. E just look up and you could see one DISSATISFIED alumnus.

And since you do use AIM as your standard of MBA excellence, I'd quote from AIM's website:

"In 1968, distinguished visionaries of the Asian academic and business communities forged a partnership between Ateneo de Manila University and De La Salle College with the support of mentors from the Harvard Business School and the Ford Foundation. "

Ateneo de Manila University and De La Salle College

Most MBAs do require professional experience right? So is it wrong to assume that a person is employed before going to B-school?

Kung taga UP ka, nako ngayon ko lang masasabi, sayang ang taxes na pinambabayad ng Sambayanang Pilipino para sa tuition mo, e kalaki mong *****.

Eto pang isa, sabi mo:

"Furthermore, both lousy b-schools do not offer a full time program because they do not have a Career Placement Office like the one in UP and AIM."

So Career Placement Office = full time program? Hello, logic? Kung gusto ng DLSU at AdMU na magturo ng part-time lang, e wala ka ng pakialam doon. E sa mga boss ng kumpanya ang mga propesor e. Alangan namang tanghali magturo ang mga CEOs ng mga korporasyon diba?

Isa pa!

"If you want a branded MBA from the Philippines, go to either UP or AIM!"

Nako, do we look at education as brands? Haha. Ano to, UP(Tm)? Kung galing ka man sa UP, mahiya-hiya ka nga sa pinagsasabi mo. So UP Education is just a brand? As in, wala ka na bang natutunan diyan na you consider just for the namesake that you came from UP? God, how low can you get? Even if you're from DLSU or AdMU but you have learned so much from the course of the study, then aren't you better off than compared to a person who went to UP just for the "UP" title and not for the education?

And as you may say it, I'm just a student of De La Salle University, undergrad at that.

haha.. this is funny..
    The person was actually inquiring about La Salle's and Ateneo's MBA program, so why give the person stuff about UP's mba PROG.. HAHA..Sometimes it's just really hard to accept that you are not good in everything. I guess, UP people should just accept the fact that their university is the most overrated and over-hyped university in the country.
    Guys, give your institution a break. FYI, AIM is an amalgamated (La Salle and Ateneo) institution.

Cool

Originally posted by gobbledygook
    FYI, AIM is an amalgamated (La Salle and Ateneo) institution.
    it also has one of the easiest entrance tests. at UP-MBA, by score was just upper 50% (out of 200 who passed). in the AIM test, my buddy and i both scored in the top-10. however, neither of us went to AIM. 'lang pera, 'eh.

Question

The person inquired about Ateneo's and La Salle's MBA prog, why give him information about UP's.
    Well, I guess, UP people should just accept the fact that their institution is not that good in everything. To each his own. UP is such and overrated and overhyped insitution.

Originally posted by gobbledygook
    The person inquired about Ateneo's and La Salle's MBA prog, why give him information about UP's.
    Well, I guess, UP people should just accept the fact that their institution is not that good in everything. To each his own. UP is such and overrated and overhyped insitution.
    Isa ka pang bobo!

Ganoon ba yan? If you inquired in PUP and AMA, ibig sabihin magaling ang PUP at AMA?

Hanep sa logic.

Originally posted by gerry_lim

Isa ka pang bobo!

Ganoon ba yan? If you inquired in PUP and AMA, ibig sabihin magaling ang PUP at AMA?

Hanep sa logic.
    You're the dumb one! You keep on interjecting when you are not even part of the thread discussion. The thread was originally about DLSU and Ateneo. As usual, the insecure UPians felt obligated to invite themselves. Truly pathetic and KPS!!! Gatecrashers!! Cannot stand being left out and marginalized!

16. Advertisement

mickang,

for ateneo, pls take a look at http://gsb.ateneo.edu.
    i would recommend that you try out AIM though. it's one of the top three business schools in Asia. you can verify that through the Asiaweek rankings. you can check it out at www.aim.edu.ph

Originally posted by GreenTurd

You're the dumb one! You keep on interjecting when you are not even part of the thread discussion. The thread was originally about DLSU and Ateneo. As usual, the insecure UPians felt obligated to invite themselves. Truly pathetic and KPS!!! Gatecrashers!! Cannot stand being left out and marginalized!
    Oh, what a big surprise to see your post here too. Don't worry. I'll just pretend that I was never in this thread for your satisfaction. Besides, I'm not in the mood to argue with a retarded.

*Peace*

thanks for everybody's comments.

does anyone have any idea how much is the tuition these days for AIM, Ateneo, La Salle and UP ?

AIM tuition around 15,000.00 a year

in US$

Originally posted by gerry_lim

Oh, what a big surprise to see your post here too. Don't worry. I'll just pretend that I was never in this thread for your satisfaction. Besides, I'm not in the mood to argue with a retarded.

*Peace*
    A Retarded?

For your own edification, "retarded" is either a verb or an adjective. The phrase "a retarded" is soooo wrong.

The correct word is "retardate" FYI.

I'm getting tired of teaching this UP scholar gerry_lim. I'm only a freshman in the Ateneo and I thought UPians are the brightest people on earth. At least, that's what some of them claim.

Please write in the language you're most used to. You should not be embarrassed for being fluent only in Tagalog. There's nothing to be ashamed of. Be true to yourself! Even if you're from the "F" social class, you'll gain more respect from your fellow PExers by being honest.

Peace.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast