College of Saint Benilde Blazers: Bringing back the PRIDE and the HONOR | The NCAA Tourney | PinoyExchange

Page 1 of 31 1 2 11 ... Last

Post College of Saint Benilde Blazers: Bringing back the PRIDE and the HONOR

Welcome to our third turf thread (if my memory serves me right)! Let's continue with our discussions about the Blazers here!

FAITH IN THE FLAME!!!
    ANIMO BENILDE!!!

I hope this new thread brings us good fortune.

Animo Benilde!

I wouldn't go as far as to make this turf thread a lucky charm. It's either the Blazers gloriously over-achieve or we hit another brick wall. Either way, I'd like to see more Benildeans and Alumni watching the games and keep building that support.

Alright let's get down to business, what are the key match-ups that we should expect in their last assignment in the first round? Do we have a shot at an upset against a final four contender?

Do we have updates on Team Romancon?

And what about the other sports?

Benilde’s Paolo Taha is week’s best in NCAA

There are many reasons College of Saint Benilde is on a resurgence right now. Paolo Taha is the biggest of them.

The senior juggernaut guard from Marikina City has averaged 16.33 points in their last three games including his season-high 24-point explosion in the Blazers’ 84-64 rout of the Mapua Cardinals recently to help carry them back into final four contention in Season 89 of the NCAA after staying in the bottom with five straight losses.

In the process, Taha’s sterling effort gained him the ACCEL/3XVI NCAA Press Corps Player of Week.

And Benilde coach Gabby Velasco wasn’t surprised a bit.

“He’s one of the leaders of this team and I expect him to have those kinds of games,” said Velasco referring to Taha.

Taha beat his teammate Mark Romero and Perpetual Help’s Juneric Baloria and Nigerian Nosa Omorogbe for the Gatorade-backed weekly plum given by the country’s sportswriters covering the league.

Thanks to Taha, the Blazers have strung together three straight wins to move into a share of sixth place with the Emilio Aguinaldo Generals on 3-5 (win-loss) records.

Reigning three-peat champion San Beda and last year’s runner-up Letran lead the league with 7-1 slates apiece followed by Perpetual (6-2), Jose Rizal (5-3) and San Sebastian (4-4).

It came right after dropping what could have been won games in their first five starts wherein St. Benilde had an average losing margin of 1.4 points a game.

Congrats kay Taha, sana tuloy niya lang ang role niya as scoring leader for the Blazers kapag hindi makagawa ang iba!

Hay, mukhang hahaba pa ang season dahil sa habagat! I hope everyone is safe!

ilang seasons bago nasara yung huling thread?

5 seasons inabot ng huling thread! Grabe umasenso na talaga Blazers dito!

pang-ilang blazers team thread na ba ito?

Parang hindi ko na maalala, parang 3rd turf thread siya, I think. Madami ibang threads kasi regarding players at pep squad nuon.

hindi mo ba minerge using your mod powers?

gusto niyo ng live updates para sa laro mamaya?

csb trails, 13-24, end of first.

csb catches up, behind by three, 42-45, half.

lamang csb, 62-60, end of third.

80-all, ot

89-90, talo.

parang malas ata talaga ang Blazers pag dikitan ang laban tapos si Sinco ang may hawak ng bola.

Quote Originally Posted by TTL View Post
    parang malas ata talaga ang Blazers pag dikitan ang laban tapos si Sinco ang may hawak ng bola.
    Ditto. There is something with Sinco everytime he steps in for the final seconds of the game.

And oops he did it AGAIN. SIGH.

Sana si Johnston na lang pinahawak sa bola.

You mean Jonson right woot?

Ah, that familiar moment when everything was suppose to go your way but it's your heart that bleeds in the end.

You can't deny the Altas defense worked in the end even as Mark Romero tried to play Hero 3-Ball before that very last possession. Sinco actually showed improvement in this game so cut him some slack and give props to the Perps.

And if the Blazers won this game, an asterisk might be included as the refs didn't call that loose ball that touched Taha's foot in a crucial possession which by the way, gave Taha enough space to score and give us what could have been the edge. Someone even mentioned that the lack of foul calls on the Altas by the refs would make you wonder but the buck stops with the Blazers. They let the players dictate the outcome, as it should be.

Heroes were everywhere for the Blazers but you have to credit Elopre for escaping a foul-troubled Romero to give the Altas that one point. They deserve this win as much as the Blazers wanted it to end by avoiding an overtime. Both teams played their guts out.

The important thing is we still have the second round to think about. They only need to channel this 6th heart-breaker into future victories. Come what may, we're witnessing a better team in their host season. Bitter is the pill to swallow but sweeter is that experience to fight to the last second.

Page 1 of 31 1 2 11 ... Last