Spread the Mayer-naise! (For all that is John Mayer) - Page 5 | Music Fans | PinoyExchange

PEx Highlights

UAAP Volleyball!

There is a different action happening outside the volleyball court. Be part of the game here and talk about your favorite volleyball teams!

read more

Destined To Be Yours

Napanood mo na ba ang latest trailer ng pinakaunang ALDUB serye? Kung hindi pa, silipin mo na dito!

read more

A night to remember!

Let us go back to our high school days and reminisce our prom moments here. Any special memories from your prom?

read more

Let's go to Baguio!

Kick-off summer up north! Anyone ready for a road trip?

read more

PROMO: Fist Fight

Check out this thread to know how to win screening tickets to Fist Fight!

read more

Hurray to healthy meals!

Healthy meals can also be yummy! Here are some suggestions from the PEx community. Share us your healthy meal recipes also.

read more

Page 5 of 147 First ... 4 5 6 15 55 105 ... Last
    nobody can eat 50 eggs

Post page starter!

Originally posted by trent_NIN
    I love his CD. Got it a couple of weeks ago.

Watch out for the overplay of his songs now that I understand his album is out in the philippine market
    ugh. i know what you mean. on one hand, i'm glad because that means more people will get to know him and his music. on the other...as soon as you hear his music being played on pop radio stations, in a way, that takes away from his being unique and special...

keep cool my babies!

Smile

...gosh I hope he won't be "overexposed" and "overplayed" ....I'd hate for him to be a sell out ...but I have a feeling that he'll be around for a long time..he's more than a "one hit wonder material" ...I can't wait for his next album ..

Seeing a JM show is like being in a concert/stand up comedy - he's so goofy!!! He looked so much better in person too .... can't help it...

nobody can eat 50 eggs

did anybody else catch JM on E! news daily, er, i mean e! news live today? he was interviewed by david adelsen inside House of Blues in LA. he was funny! david asked him about the success he was having and he said something like "it's the most fun i can have without therapy."

he also played his guitar (the opening to Neon) and he was GREAT! (as usual).

with his recent apperances on late night TV, and now, on E!, i think JM is well on his way to achieving success on the mainstream music scene. good for him! he certainly deserves it!

JM is the shiiiite!

Wink

what a voice...and what a face!!!

thank God, hindi heavy rotation sa playlist ng mga music video channels yung video niya!!! i might not be able to take it so easily if suddenly groupies are sprouting all over the planet!

such a talented guy!

fire-dancing

Originally posted by dee-dee
    what a voice...and what a face!!!

thank God, hindi heavy rotation sa playlist ng mga music video channels yung video niya!!! i might not be able to take it so easily if suddenly groupies are sprouting all over the planet!

such a talented guy!
    You won't be surprised at how many fans he's got in the states; I'm a member of this particular DMB mailing-list, sometimes it's weird mas pinag-uusapan si John Mayer! Hehehe!

If you're really into his sound -- check out Jack Johnson. You won't regret it.

don't get me wrong. i liked no such thing. i liked the lyrics and the musicality of the track a lot. i decided to pick up the album and to my surprise, it was so slow. it wasn't as upbeat as the first track. i'm someone who looks for something dynamic in my music, and john didn't pull out the stops with this album. you don't have to be loiudn to be dynamic,. just look at cynthia alexander! i found it boring and if you're interested to buy my slightly-used copy, feel free to send me a private message.

fire-dancing

Originally posted by faaip_de_oiad
    don't get me wrong. i liked no such thing. i liked the lyrics and the musicality of the track a lot. i decided to pick up the album and to my surprise, it was so slow. it wasn't as upbeat as the first track. i'm someone who looks for something dynamic in my music, and john didn't pull out the stops with this album. you don't have to be loiudn to be dynamic,. just look at cynthia alexander! i found it boring and if you're interested to buy my slightly-used copy, feel free to send me a private message.
    To each his own I guess.

Beats trying to like something because a lot of people like "it". Just don't go bashing what these people like. Right?

yeah! of course, im not into bashing... hehe i still i like no such thing a lot... but room for squares isn't just for me. =p
    just being plain honest.

yes ^^XTC®^^, i hate that attitude too.. =p

psykotic

astounding.

for lack of a better word.

i was listening to his album in a classmate's car...damn, the album's good! i love neon and your body is a wonderland. shoot, i'm saving up for this CD, aside from the Jars of Clay CD.

in fact, we were listening to the CD and my classmate's boyfriend decided to borrow it afterwards.

keep cool my babies!
    Originally posted by faaip_de_oiad
    i found it boring

....I guess it lives up to its album title Room for Squares

keep cool my babies!

Smile super corny mode...

..one pair of candy lips...

http://www.hearsay.cc/photos/artists/JohnMayer/johnmayer2.jpg .....

http://www.hearsay.cc/photos/artists/JohnMayer/johnmayer1sm.jpg

....damn baby..you frustrate me...
    you look so good it hurts sometimes...

Ok thanks for putting up with me folks

PURPLE...my gosh he still looks good in purple!!!

**** stop posting pictures. appreciate the music not the man.

**** it, he sounds good. tasty earcandy period.

keep cool my babies!
    Originally posted by StoneFree
    hey lighten up will ya? I happen to appreciate both thank you

nobody can eat 50 eggs

Cool

Originally posted by StoneFree
    yeah, what's your problem? this IS a John Mayer thread, isn't it?

anyways, M1 is finally selling JM cds and tapes. so bili na kayo!(lousy attempt at marketing...)

john mayer

i saw him on Jay Leno or David Letterman (i forgot..) and he looked sooo cute! very boyish looks, though.

addtl info: he said that both his parents are respectable "educators" and it was a shock that he became a musician. also, his mom tried everything just to keep his hands off his guitar.

is room for squares really worth buying? i want to know

Thumbs up wow

His album is definitely worth buying...at least for me. Anyone heard of his song Sucker? It's pretty good. Sana they won't play his songs sa radio lang talaga...hehe

keep cool my babies!

Re: wow

Originally posted by RapturE
    His album is definitely worth buying...at least for me. Anyone heard of his song Sucker? It's pretty good. Sana they won't play his songs sa radio lang talaga...hehe

I agree..you know hearing JM play makes me want to take guitar lessons *well I'm actually considering it*...it would be so cool to learn how to play Sucker (to name a few).

sometimes
    I wish that I was the weather
    you'd bring me up in conversation forever
    and when it rained
    I'd be the talk of the day

also check out :

Love Soon - the intro kinda sounds like stupid mouth but it eventually takes a on a life of its own ...
    and his NST version with the "Mom Intro" - hilarious

Blue eyes: John's Mom is an English teacher and his dad is a school principal...you gotta check out NST with the "mom intro"..it's kinda like what he talked about in Leno.

..I've never lived the dreams of the prom kings or the drama queens I'd like to think the best of me, is still hiding up my sleeve..

Originally posted by Triglyceride
    ...gosh I hope he won't be "overexposed" and "overplayed" ....I'd hate for him to be a sell out ...but I have a feeling that he'll be around for a long time..he's more than a "one hit wonder material" ...I can't wait for his next album ..

Seeing a JM show is like being in a concert/stand up comedy - he's so goofy!!! He looked so much better in person too .... can't help it...
    this is really puzzling. with all due politeness, what does the frequency of his songs being played have to do with him "selling-out". It seems like the term sell out has been used to describe any artist who was a relative unknown that suddenly went mainstream. Well, if that happens, Mr. Mayer didn't sell out because his album has been done. He can't change it anymore to a form that will be better like. Selling out per se means that an artist is betraying his or her own musical philosphy in favor of bigger profits. and john has yet to do that. i hope i didn't offended anyone.

I like "Why Georgia"...

Maybe its coz i relate to it well.

Of course, I love "Your Body is my Wonderland"... id love to sing that to my girlfriend.

Page 5 of 147 First ... 4 5 6 15 55 105 ... Last