Spread the Mayer-naise! (For all that is John Mayer) - Page 3 | Music Fans | PinoyExchange

Page 3 of 147 First ... 2 3 4 13 53 103 ... Last

Photogenic siya ano?
    kamuka ko raw eh!!!

just playing guys!!!!

keep cool my babies!

Smile

sitting all alone on a friday
    flat on the floor looking back
    an old love..
    or lack thereof
    after all the crushes has faded
    and all my wishful thinking was wrong
    I'm jaded...
    I hate it

I'm starting to have a crush on John , I already bought tickets for his April 5 show at the Fillmore..maybe I should scalp some tickets..it's pretty darn cheap...

I know that Room for squares is his second album. I'm excited about seeing his show but I'm nervous too, I hope he's as good as he is live..and plus, this album is so good I wonder if the next one will ever surpass this one you know..

ok ok..so maybe I'm a little obsessed with the guy...

nobody can eat 50 eggs

Originally posted by Triglyceride
    sitting all alone on a friday
    flat on the floor looking back
    an old love..
    or lack thereof
    after all the crushes has faded
    and all my wishful thinking was wrong
    I'm jaded...
    I hate it

I'm starting to have a crush on John , I already bought tickets for his April 5 show at the Fillmore..maybe I should scalp some tickets..it's pretty darn cheap...

I know that Room for squares is his second album. I'm excited about seeing his show but I'm nervous too, I hope he's as good as he is live..and plus, this album is so good I wonder if the next one will ever surpass this one you know..

ok ok..so maybe I'm a little obsessed with the guy...
    inggit naman ako! from what i've read on the internet, he sounds just as good live, if not better. that's certainly true with the mp3s i've downloaded.

er...maybe, if it's not too much to ask, you can buy me his cd... i'll pay you, of course...it's just that i don't think room for squares is for sale anywhere here in manila...bumili nga ako ng serendipity soundtrack kahapon because he has a track there ("83"), and, of course, for annie lennox's cover of bob marley's "waiting in vain."

i love love song for no one!

keep cool my babies!

Smile

Tequila

I could still get you the CD, now in regards to paying me back, you can give it to my sister.

Let me know if you're interested. Dood, I could've made a profit if you were here..I'd sell you the ticket at almost face value, and I could've hooked you up to.

I love '83 *gosh which of his songs do I NOT want* I love how he made reference to the song linger

here I stand..six feet small
    romanticizing years ago
    it's a bittersweet feeling
    hearing wrapped around your finger
    on the radio

..and these days..I wish I was six again..

keep cool my babies!

last one...

http://hitman2398.tripod.com/johnmayer/johnchair.jpg

he looks kinda cute in here..

I downloaded the live version of Wonderland , Neon and Love Song for No one ...he's great..not too bad..not too bad at all. I'm currently listening to why did you mess with forever<--- nobody's perfect I guess , I'll just leave it at that

nobody can eat 50 eggs

Originally posted by Triglyceride
    Tequila

I could still get you the CD, now in regards to paying me back, you can give it to my sister.

Let me know if you're interested. Dood, I could've made a profit if you were here..I'd sell you the ticket at almost face value, and I could've hooked you up to.

I love '83 *gosh which of his songs do I NOT want* I love how he made reference to the song linger
    are you serious?! pwede talaga? sige, i'll PM you my address and contact numbers. you can tell me where i can find your sister (i assume she's here in manila...) grabe, excited nako! thanks a lot, triglyceride!

lemme know how the show turns out...

i'm listening to "why georgia." you're right, which of his songs do i NOT want!

nobody can eat 50 eggs

Talking

hey triglyceride and all the rest of you there in the US...john mayer will be on TV over the next few weeks...

here's the blurb from johnmayer.com:

We are pleased to announce that John Mayer will be joining you in your living room - FOR FOUR NIGHTS! John will make his way around late night television beginning on March 13 with The Tonight Show on NBC. The following night (March 14) John will be the guest on Late World With Zack on VH1 at 11pm. Then on April 4 you can catch John on The Late Late Show on CBS. Finally on April 17, John rounds up his television tour on NBC's Last Call with Carson Daly. Please check your local listings for show times.

Let's recap:
    March 13 - The Tonight Show
    March 14 - Late World With Zack
    April 4 - The Late Late Show
    April 17 - Last Call with Carson Daly

...you lucky devils!

keep cool my babies!

Originally posted by tequilapj
    hey triglyceride and all the rest of you there in the US...john mayer will be on TV over the next few weeks...

here's the blurb from johnmayer.com:

We are pleased to announce that John Mayer will be joining you in your living room - FOR FOUR NIGHTS! John will make his way around late night television beginning on March 13 with The Tonight Show on NBC. The following night (March 14) John will be the guest on Late World With Zack on VH1 at 11pm. Then on April 4 you can catch John on The Late Late Show on CBS. Finally on April 17, John rounds up his television tour on NBC's Last Call with Carson Daly. Please check your local listings for show times.

Let's recap:
    March 13 - The Tonight Show
    March 14 - Late World With Zack
    April 4 - The Late Late Show
    April 17 - Last Call with Carson Daly

...you lucky devils!

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

..wait a sec...I have class on the 13th ...I have to work on the 14th....my brother better record it for me!!

andy's angel

Originally posted by ckat
    my fave song from the album is STUPID MOUTH. it's so simple! dat's why i like it. and of course YOUR BODY IS WONDERLAND!!! cutie song...
    Stupid Mouth is my fave john mayer song also! i've downloaded a lot of his songs, pero i can't find non-acoustic versions... i love the Live versions... pero i also want to have a copy of the album version... does anyone have their mp3 na hindi live??

nobody can eat 50 eggs

Here's the transcript of an interview John did for the Capitol - Journal...

Q. When you were growing up what were your favorite albums?

A. "Thriller" by Michael Jackson, "Syncronicity" by the Police. I also listened to Van Halen, I remember "Jump" was huge. Also the "Footloose" soundtrack. You now if you ever want to get the ladies theirs a song called Almost Paradise.

Q. What inspired to you pick up the guitar was is some of these musicians or something else in life?

A. I've always had a strange pull toward guitar. But the defining moment was when Michael J. Fox played "Johnny Be Goode" in "Back to the Future." He was always such a dork and then there's this explosion of cool. I think after that I was definitely into playing guitar.

Q. It seems like, from listening to your music, that you are writing just for yourself. Do you think personality is your best tool as a songwriter?

A. Absolutely. Hopefully I'll always look at something a little different that the person next to me. I would hope that people hear a lot of personality in what's going on. I hope to find a place that's not over people's heads, but it still gets them in the heart.

Q. In your opinion what song that you've written do you look at and just say I can't believe I wrote that?

A. I think "Not Myself." I listen to that song and I'm just like, Good God, I wrote that?! I'm not over writing these songs. Having a major label release your record that's been produced and mixed by great people, I don't know, I guess it feels like seeing yourself in a magazine if you're a girl and just thinking, Man, I look hot!

Q. A lot of the music that we are putting into this article is stuff we've gotten off the Internet because we can't always find the albums at our record stores. How do you feel about music being distributed by the Internet?

A. In one way it's the most artificial way and in more ways than that it's the most pure way. Someone downloading one of my songs and listening to it and loving it is the most pure connection I will ever have with anyone my entire life. In terms of just no filler, just finding something and having a strong connection, there will never be a stronger connection than the Internet. I understand that you're not supposed to download radio hits -- someone might have to put their kids through college on that -- but when someone downloads a song and it's just them and me, I think that's beautiful, and rare. But in the same respect I don't think Napster will be the same synthesis for walking into a record store and buying an album.

Q. As we're talking to you now, you're on the road. What do you think the hardest part is about touring?

A. I think the hardest part is living a constant life through a life full of variables. Just trying to find a routine when there is no routine. That's the worst part.

Q. What do you love the most?

A. Playing, absolutely playing. I love being in different places, getting to the club, setting up and playing. Without playing it would just be aimless driving. Playing is definitely the centerpiece of being on the road.

Q. If you could play one concert with someone living who would it be? Dead?

A. It would have to be someone I could just sit in with and it would be magic for both sets. OK, I'll give you dead first: It would have to be Steve Ray Vaughn. Definitely. Living, I don't know. There aren't many bands around that, oh, you know what... Counting Crows. I think that's the band I would be thrilled to tour with.

Q. Speaking of today's band, who do you think, even if they're more mainstream, is doing the best job of staying true to the music?

A. Oh, I think U2 does it, I think Radiohead does it. Um, Pearl Jam does it, even if they've kind of left the mainstream. But I'm also really in to Ben Folds. I think he's amazing, and, like I said, Counting Crows. I also like some of the new guys coming out like David Mead. I think David Grey was the first sign that record labels are going to try out some singer/songwriters, which is great for me as a fan because I love them all.

Q. Do you think the singer/songwriters will ever be the mainstream again?

A. Absolutely. I don't think it will be as folky as the last time, but I definitely think we'll get our shot again. It's just a patience thing. When I first started out in Atlanta the song "Nookie" by Limp Bizkit was huge. That was definitely the golden years of Korn and Limp Bizkit, but I was just like, It's not time yet

Q. As of now do you think it's easier to work without all the commercial distractions?

A. Yeah, I think it will always be easier to work without the commercial stuff, but it's a compromise. Your ideas, as you work with other people, become taxated. One hundred percent of your idea, after going through the channels, becomes 60 percent your idea and 40 percent of someone else's. And maybe that 40 percent is good and maybe it's horrible. The trick is to be as good as you can up front so when it's done it's still pretty good.

Q. One last question, MTV's "Unplugged" or VH1s "Storytellers"?

A. Oh, that's a tough one, I think "Unplugged." Yeah, "Unplugged."

listening to my stupid mouth

keep cool my babies!

So far I've seen him on the Tonight show and then ever so briefly at late night with Zack - against my will!!!! I was fighting over on who gets to tube with my Dad!

Seeing him ..play..I am never this ..uhh..."smitten" but..uhh...
    can I say

I think I'm ..."in wuv"

The Fillmore show at Frisco is sold out already...I wish my tickets won't get lost in the mail ..I'm kinda stressing over it..I would love to see John..playing..in the flesh .....haaaaayyy!!

SNAP OUT OF IT Triglyceride !!!!

I've never liked this apple much
    it always seem to big too touch
    I can't remember how I found
    my way before she came around...

....oh I can't remember
    life
    before
    her name...

dmb4ever

got a copy of his album at music one.can you believe that, they have one copy of his album and i bought it right away! nice songs are stupid mouth, no such thing and why georgia. can't believe this guy is only 23 years old and he writes this kind of music. whew!

andy's angel

really, meron na shang cd sa music one?!?! i've been looking for his cd and i haven't had the luck...

i saw him on Jay Leno... he's not just a great singer and gorgeous... he's got a great sense of humour pa!! grabe, what more can we ask for...

question... our cable provider is SKY.... do we have the Late Late Show?? what channel is it?? and what time do they show it??

space cowboy

wax! you lucky s.o.b.! akin na lang!

man his songs are hard to play! ang likot ng kamay niya! I love playing your body is a wonderland though

visionary1: great minds think alike: therefore: we share great taste in music!

any chance of m1 restocking on john mayer?

andy's angel

you may wanna try with CD Warehouse.... you can request for CDs there.. pero shempre, higher yung price...

the queen bee

great CD!! my favorite is 83

space cowboy

I don't get how to play that song! but its damn good nevertheless!

fire-dancing

I got my copy of his CD at Odyssey. Yup you read that right -- O-D-Y-S-S-E-Y.

Uh oh!

Originally posted by ^^XTC®^^
    Naks naman! Setting a good example
    Make me a copy naman niyan!

nobody can eat 50 eggs

Originally posted by ^^XTC®^^
    i can't believe this! kung kelan nagpabili ako ng cd sa singapore tsaka sa states, meron na pala dito! and odyssey pa, of all places! (pero i've learned never to underestimate the "small stores." a couple of weeks ago, i was able to buy the soundtrack of the virgin suicides at radio city for P200! freaky, but true!)

di bale, he's definitely worth it. i got my copy last week, right before holy week, so you can imagine what was on my cd player the whole time!

from beginning to end, his cd is...THE BEST!!! i almost don't want it to end e, parang bitin! my faves are:
    your body is a wonderland
    my stupid mouth
    not myself
    no such thing
    back to you
    why georgia

heck this is useless! i might as well list down all the tracks!

now if only they start selling pete yorn and rufus wainwright here, my faith in the philippine music retail industry will be restored...

hey reena! read my mail yet?

Page 3 of 147 First ... 2 3 4 13 53 103 ... Last