Detroit Pistons Thread: Motor City - Page 5 | NBA | PinoyExchange

Page 5 of 6 First ... 4 5 6 Last
    With both teams continuing to bomb away from outside with little success, the game remained close until the Pistons turned a pair of turnovers into fast-break baskets. Jennings then hit a 3-pointer to make it 91-84 with 2:30 to play.

Quote Originally Posted by darknight10 View Post
    I thought the Smith-Drummond-Monroe trio will make wonders for the team.
    You just bought on the idea that Dumars tried to sell. Every Piston fan knows this won't work. Why? Ask how many bricks our former SF laid.

I am hoping for a revenge dunk from Drummond. Watch out James Johnson!

We the wall!

The East is ripe for the taking. The Pistons will make the playoffs and they will scare the sh*t out of the rest of the Eastern Conference.

http://sportsreaktor.blogspot.com/20...-playoffs.html

Detroit has picked up victories in 10 of their last 12 games and Jennings has averaged 21.6 points in that run. Friday night, he scored a season-high 37 points to lead Detroit to a 98-96 road win against the struggling Indiana Pacers.

''If I see couple shots falling, everyone knows I'm going to keep shooting,'' Jennings said. ''I was able to get into a rhythm and also find guys, so everything kind of worked out.''

Jennings made eight 3-pointers to tie his career high, but it was his missed layup that set up the win.

With 23.9 seconds left and the score tied, Detroit (15-25) called a timeout. Jennings took the inbounds pass and held for the last shot. He drove to the bucket but missed. Andre Drummond was there for the tip-in with 0.3 seconds to go.

''We set it up for Brandon to get to his left hand and for me to really set myself up for an opportunity to tip the ball,'' Drummond said. ''Brandon did a good job of dragging Roy Hibbert out to try to block the shot. (Jennings) told me he was going to shoot it high so I put myself in the right position to get my hands on it.''

Drummond finished with a 16-point, 16-rebound night.

With Drummond and Greg Monroe, who finished with 11 points, finding success in the paint, Jennings took advantage of shooting opportunities. That was especially true in the pivotal third quarter, when he scored 19 of Detroit's 30 points to give the Pistons a 79-76 lead heading to the final period.

''Games have been like that for us lately, but we're learning how to close them out,'' Jennings said. ''We're learning how to get stops at the end and we're learning how to convert.''

Pistons: Has won seven straight road games to tie the franchise record.

Pistons host Philadelphia on Saturday

I hope this team makes a big surprise and get into the 7th or 8th seed and give one heck of a series against the #1 or #2 east team.

Quote Originally Posted by balthier View Post
    I hope this team makes a big surprise and get into the 7th or 8th seed and give one heck of a series against the #1 or #2 east team.
    Lucky for you sir as we still have enough time to qualify.

I just hope they won't face Atlanta in the first round.

All the Pistons had to do was get rid of the cancer, and look at them now.

They are having a very good start. Jackson, and Drummond are playing like all stars.

Page 5 of 6 First ... 4 5 6 Last