NBA - Page 5 | NBA | PinoyExchange
Page 5 of 19 First ... 4 5 6 15 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zep_Tepi View Post
    Q. Do you see any holes on your roster heading into training camp? Steve Clifford: Noah going down (to injury) means we need to add another big guy.

Right now we have four (big) guys who are healthy – Marvin (Williams), Cody (Zeller), Al (Jefferson) and Biz (Bismack Biyombo). Charlotte Observer
    we wish to unleash the beast in BIZ..

Lance StephensonVerified account ‏@StephensonLance

Checkout my video http://youtu.be/C02WBFWDiqE

Only seven players launched more pull-ups than Walker last season, and he hit just 36.7 percent of them — a poor number, per NBA.com. He also has to launch moon balls to get them over defenders, another downside to being short. Walker had the fifth-highest average peak shot height on 3-pointers last season, per SportVU data provided to Grantland, trailing only Dirk Nowitzki, Dion Waiters, Jamal Crawford, and Lin. The effect carries over to his midrange looks. Grantland

Rick Bonnell: Jason Maxiell signing with Hornets tomorrow. Maxiell contract isn't guaranteed, so 15th roster spot is still open. But they need another big man. Twitter @rick_bonnell

In the final days before training camp, Charlotte Hornets general manager Rich Cho will sign another big man and tentatively explore a contract extension for point guard Kemba Walker.

Cho said Thursday he will sign nine-season NBA veteran Jason Maxiell to a nonguaranteed contract Friday. That addresses the Hornets’ concern about having just four healthy big men entering camp without locking up the 15th and final roster spot. Charlotte Observer

Rick Bonnell: "Lance is going to start." Clifford said, saying it might be at small forward or shooting guard. Twitter @rick_bonnell

The Hornets are relatively deep at the wing spots (small forward and shooting guard). Coach Steve Clifford has said shooting guard Lance Stephenson can defend most small forwards, so he could slide over when Kidd-Gilchrist is out of the game. The same is true, to some extent, with Gerald Henderson.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_th...-forward-.html

BORN READY
    Hornets’ Lance Stephenson on the verge of a breakout season

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...on-on-the.html

man, i hope to see lance stephenson playing like mike. lol ....well at least in the hard work and dedication department. he should do away with his crazy on-court antics and just play ball.

Quote Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
    man, i hope to see lance stephenson playing like mike. lol ....well at least in the hard work and dedication department. he should do away with his crazy on-court antics and just play ball.
    nun playoffs lang naman sya naging immature, he's trying to outwit lebron ayun,, nagbackfire sa pacers.. pero over-all he is a must have guard.

I think Lance knows that a lot is expected from him in Charlotte, so he'll probably keep those antics to a minimum.

Rick Bonnell: I asked Al Jefferson and Kemba Walker about new TV money. Neither had much reaction; Al said he never thinks about his opt-out right now. Twitter @rick_bonnell

With the new TV deal, their salaries will see a significant increase.

Walker is highly attuned to the value of chemistry from when he led Connecticut to the national championship in 2011. “Every year you have to start over,” Walker said.

“The thing about this team is we have good guys as well – new guys, but good guys.” Henderson said a big factor in last season’s success is Clifford’s approach. He minimized in-season drama by being so transparent with each player. “There are no secrets – everything is out in the open,” Henderson said. “You want to know where you stand, and coach Cliff always makes that clear.” Charlotte Observer

Michael Jordan was surprised and a bit bewildered to hear LeBron James and Dirk Nowitzki suggest Wednesday that they'd like to see the NBA's 82-game regular season shortened. "I love both of those guys, but as an owner who played the game, I loved playing,'' Jordan, who owns the Charlotte Hornets, told ESPN during a telephone interview. "If I wasn't playing 82 games, I still would've been playing somewhere else because that's the love for the game I had. As a player, I never thought 82 games was an issue." ESPN.com

"But if that's what they want to do, we as owners and players can evaluate it and talk about it. But we'd make less money as partners. Are they ready to give up money to play fewer games? That's the question, because you can't make the same amount of money playing fewer games.'' ESPN.com

Jordan also didn't see the point in shortening games by four minutes. He said the league informed its clubs of its intention to play a 44-minute game but that it was not presented as something the league is seriously considering instituting in the regular season.

"I would never shorten the game by four minutes,'' Jordan said, "unless guys were having physical issues. It's not like football,'' he said. "We don't really have to worry about concussions and some of the physical damage that football players deal with after they retire.

I can understand football players wanting to play fewer games from a physical standpoint. But basketball's not the same. I'm not diminishing the fact that we go through a grueling season. But I wouldn't want to shorten the game or play 15-20 fewer games.'' ESPN.com

lol, lebron acting like a pussy again.

he wants fewer games and possibly a shortened season so he can buy time and compile more superstars on his team to hand him championships. this guy is a ridiculous fraud.

excited to see them play and to be in the playoffs. I just hope Lance Stephenson will focus on his game

^I think Lance will focus. He's in a new team and I'm sure he'll be eager to impress.

Page 5 of 19 First ... 4 5 6 15 ... Last