NBA - Page 2 | NBA | PinoyExchange

X

Page 2 of 19 First 1 2 3 12 ... Last
Results 21 to 40 of 378
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahura Mazda View Post
    Hugo the Hornet is back!

    http://i.imgur.com/ZgXgJBT.jpg

    http://imgur.com/Q8tvsQB.jpg



    And he's sportin Jordan 11. Badass!
    the girls are bad@s$ too. hehe



    welcome back Charlotte Hornets!

  2. #22
    Scott Agness: With Luol Deng off to Miami, options are getting slimmer. Dallas and Charlotte remain real contenders with the Pacers for Lance Stephenson. Twitter @ScottAgness

  3. #23
    over-exposed zchendevlemh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    house of dreams
    "Lance Stephenson has signed a three-year, $27 million deal to play for the Charlotte Hornets, according to league sources." - Chris Broussard

    The failed Hayward deal now become a blessings in disguise! Nice job Hornets!

  4. #24
    So he turned down $44 million in five years ($8.8 million per year) thinking he's worth more, only to end up getting only $27 million in three years ($9 million per year).

  5. #25
    over-exposed zchendevlemh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    house of dreams
    Quote Originally Posted by vince 15 View Post
    So he turned down $44 million in five years ($8.8 million per year) thinking he's worth more, only to end up getting only $27 million in three years ($9 million per year).
    Let's do the math:
    8.8M < 9M
    locked in a team for 5yrs < locked in a team for 3yrs, pad stats in Hornets so he can get a better pay after 3yrs...

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by zchendevlemh View Post
    Let's do the math:
    8.8M < 9M
    locked in a team for 5yrs < locked in a team for 3yrs, pad stats in Hornets so he can get a better pay after 3yrs...
    $44 million > $27 million. Actually, let's do more math. 44 - 27 = 17. 17 = 63% * 27. He is guaranteed 63% more than the total package that he is getting from the Hornets. $200,000 less per year for three years is more than compensated for the extra $17 million that he gets in the extra two years. Ultimately, $200,000 per year is inconsequential. If he invests well, $200,000 will be chump change.

    Athletes get hurt all the time, so there is no guarantee that he will still be worth over $8 million years after three years. When you factor in the risks involved, such as injuries, personal/locker room conflicts, or potential lower quality level of play, the probability of him being offered more than the $8.8 million per year after three years decreases. There's more math for you.

    Besides, he's still young. If he does get better and deserves bigger money, he'll still only be 28 and in his prime after five years. Then he can get max money. However, if his stock drops, he could also be worth just the minimum when he's 26.

    This is the problem with misguided NBA players. They either get blinded by the short-term gains or grossly overvalue themselves. With very short and unpredictable careers, security always trumps quick money.

  7. #27
    This is Lance's gamble, its likely he can push his value more in Charlotte rather than playing in PG24's shadow in Indy.

  8. #28
    I agree. I do think it's more than just a gamble, though. Lance probably felt disrespected by the Pacers and made an emotional decision.

    On what this means for the Hornets: This definitely elevates their team and pretty much assures them of a playoff spot. Having Lance as an offensive weapon in addition to Kemba and Big Al will lower the pressure on MKG and Noah Vonleh to score.

    This will also allow the Hornets to use Henderson and Hairston as their offensive spark plugs off the bench, with Cody Zeller, Bismack Biyombo and Gary Neal solidly rounding out the second five.

    I see the Hornets having a floor of 6th in the East and a ceiling of 2nd.

    1-3 Chicago
    1-5 Cleveland
    2-6 Charlotte
    2-6 Miami
    3-4 Toronto (simply by virtue of winning their division)
    3-7 Washington
    5-8 Indiana
    7-8 Atlanta

  9. #29
    For 3 years and $27 million, the Hornets got a bargain for Stephenson.

    Solid work by Rich Cho!

    Kemba-Lance tandem could give Wall-Beal a run for their money as the best backcourt duo in the East.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by doc_ama View Post
    This is Lance's gamble, its likely he can push his value more in Charlotte rather than playing in PG24's shadow in Indy.
    Co-sign. Lance is banking on himself in this deal.

  11. #31
    over-exposed zchendevlemh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    house of dreams
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahura Mazda View Post
    For 3 years and $27 million, the Hornets got a bargain for Stephenson.

    Solid work by Rich Cho!

    Kemba-Lance tandem could give Wall-Beal a run for their money as the best backcourt duo in the East.
    Really bargain considering how other FAs are being overpaid
    really nice job by the Hornets, esp the Team Option on his 3rd yr... so the Hornets can dump him if he didn't straighten up his attitude...

  12. #32
    #WeTheNorth jaysonwafuxD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahura Mazda View Post
    For 3 years and $27 million, the Hornets got a bargain for Stephenson.

    Solid work by Rich Cho!

    Kemba-Lance tandem could give Wall-Beal a run for their money as the best backcourt duo in the East.
    You forgot Lowry - Derozan duo though

    Kemba-Lance-MKG-Vonleh?-Big AL damn, this team will make noise once again sa East. Gumagaling na pamamalakad ni MJ ah

  13. #33
    over-exposed zchendevlemh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    house of dreams
    Yeah they will do better this time sa playoffs but they need more....
    Need solid bench, MKG is a bust his athletic, but playing 20+ mpg and only averages 8ppg

  14. #34
    #WeTheNorth jaysonwafuxD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by zchendevlemh View Post
    Yeah they will do better this time sa playoffs but they need more....
    Need solid bench, MKG is a bust his athletic, but playing 20+ mpg and only averages 8ppg
    He's there to defend the likes of LeBron, Melo,PG etc. Kahit aata nung college di siya kilalang scorer. Not sure though since di ako nakakafollow sa NCAA. Pero kung mas magimprove pa nga siya offensively, laking tulong nun sa playoff push ng Hornets.

  15. #35
    Hornets owner Michael Jordan attended the meeting in Las Vegas on Tuesday night that resulted in Stephenson signing a 3-year, $27.4 million contract. Jordan spoke very directly with Stephenson before signing off on this contract. “He told me what he likes about me, he told me what I need to calm down on,” Stephenson told the Observer after the news conference. “He told me how I can contribute to the team. And he told me he believed in my talent. He likes my competitive edge.”

    Charlotte Observer

  16. #36
    “We did not want to see a long-term deal unless the overall deal was extremely attractive,” said Stephenson’s agent, Alberto Ebanks. -

  17. #37
    it's nice to see MJ's team getting positive comments from basketball fans and scribes.

  18. #38
    ^And this no doubt upsets a lot of people who want to see MJ fail.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by vince 15 View Post
    $44 million > $27 million. Actually, let's do more math. 44 - 27 = 17. 17 = 63% * 27. He is guaranteed 63% more than the total package that he is getting from the Hornets. $200,000 less per year for three years is more than compensated for the extra $17 million that he gets in the extra two years. Ultimately, $200,000 per year is inconsequential. If he invests well, $200,000 will be chump change.

    Athletes get hurt all the time, so there is no guarantee that he will still be worth over $8 million years after three years. When you factor in the risks involved, such as injuries, personal/locker room conflicts, or potential lower quality level of play, the probability of him being offered more than the $8.8 million per year after three years decreases. There's more math for you.

    Besides, he's still young. If he does get better and deserves bigger money, he'll still only be 28 and in his prime after five years. Then he can get max money. However, if his stock drops, he could also be worth just the minimum when he's 26.

    This is the problem with misguided NBA players. They either get blinded by the short-term gains or grossly overvalue themselves. With very short and unpredictable careers, security always trumps quick money.
    After all his antics, I'm not sure why are we expecting him to make rational decisions in the first place.

  20. #40
    +1 for the CHornets.

    but LStephenson is not interested in a championship title.




    all they need now is to find a Center to fill the gap left by JMcRoberts.

Page 2 of 19 First 1 2 3 12 ... Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •