♥M A R I A H ♥ C A R E Y♥The New #Beautiful Era Begins♥We Love You MC♥(Thread 14)♥ - Page 2 | Music Fans | PinoyExchange

Page 2 of 24 First 1 2 3 12 ... Last
    Mariah Launches New Single #Beautiful Ft. Miguel

Multi-platinum global superstar Mariah Carey caps her season on FOX’s American Idol with today’s world*wide launch of her new single, “#Beautiful” featuring Miguel. “#Beautiful” was written and produced by Mariah and Miguel, and is the lead track from Mariah’s much-anticipated new album, due for release this summer on Island Def Jam.

Global liftoff of “#Beautiful” on radio and the Internet takes place today, May 6th at 7:00 a.m. ET. “#Beautiful” is live on all streaming services and is available at iTunes now: http://smarturl.it/iBeautiful

On Thursday night, May 9th, American Idol will premiere the entire “#Beautiful” video, shot by noted director Joseph Kahn. Following American Idol, the video goes up on VEVO/YouTube and all video channels - BET’s 106th & Park (“New Joint”), MTV, VH1 and FUSE.

As Mariah recently told Billboard, her new album ‘has more raw ballads than people might expect,’ and producers including Jermaine Dupri, Bryan-Michael Cox, Big Jim Wright, Hit-Boy, Mike Will, The-Dream, and Rodney Jerkins. The new album is the follow-up to her worldwide multi-million-selling Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angel (released September 2009).

Mariah Carey is the best-selling female artist of all time with more than 200 million albums sold to date. She has a total of 223 #1 records across all Billboard singles, albums, sales, and airplay charts, dating back to her “Vision Of Love” debut, including 18 Billboard #1 Hot 100 singles (17 self-penned). With her distinct five-octave vocal range, prolific songwriting, and producing talent, Carey has defined the modern pop performance. As a singer/songwriter/ producer, she has been recognized with five GRAMMY® Awards, nine American Music Awards, Billboard's Artist of the Decade Award, the World Music Award for World's Best Selling Female Artist of the Millennium, and BMI's Icon Award for her outstanding achievements in songwriting, to name a few.

MariahCarey.com
    Last edited by CRAZY4MC; May 10, 2013 at 08:11 AM.

Mariah Carey + Miguel, ‘Beautiful’ – Song Review
    by Jessica Sager May 6, 2013 9:11 AM

Mariah Carey and Miguel duet on ‘Beautiful,’ and it sounds pretty much exactly how you’d expect: Lovely.

The midtempo track opens with a minimalist guitar and drum arrangement Miguel’s first verse and choruses. “Hop on the back of my bike / Let the good wind blow through your hair / With a a– like that and a smile so bright / Oh, you’re killing me / And you know it ain’t fair.”

Carey comes in for the second verse, telling her biker beau, “I like when you’re at red lights / Don’t stop til you thrill me,” she sings. “Oh, how you thrill me!”

The song is stripped down pop — there’s no heavy duty production, no vocal editing, no post-recorded sheen. The vocals, melodies and harmonies shine, as well they should, seeing as one of the best singers to ever live and one of the best singers in the current game are teaming up. (Carey previously and needlessly experimented with Auto-Tune, and if there’s anyone on the planet for whom that was not invented, it’s the whistle-register diva.)

Carey is back to her best form: Radio-ready pop that still has the R&B flavor she enjoys dipping into so much (and sometimes too much, based on sales). With its combination of edgy lyrics and a traditional sound, ‘Beautiful’ is just that: Beautiful.

Listen to Mariah Carey + Miguel, ‘Beautiful’

PopCrush

Mariah Carey and Miguel's new '#Beautiful': The song of the summer?
    By Randall Roberts
    Los Angeles Times Pop Music Critic
    May 6, 2013, 9:19 a.m.

This morning I woke up way too early, checked my Twitter and read music critic Maura Johnston confidently declare that Mariah Carey had just released the "song of the summer.” I groaned, rolled over and tried to go back to sleep, filled with a combination of skepticism and dread.

After all, the evidence had already piled up against it: The song contains a hashtag, is called “#Beautiful,” and features one of the most overused words in the English language. Silly, trendy and typical, I snobbishly judged -- before hearing even a lick of it.

While making coffee a few hours later, the computer stared, headphones laying wait. Would she actually use the word “hashtag” in the lyrics? Would it be about, God forbid, Tweet love? Why would Miguel, one of the best young R&B singers on the scene right now, participate in such nonsense?

Mariah and Miguel have now answered, and I’m struggling to adjust Monday to the reality that “#Beautiful” just may be said jam of the summer. Despite the hashtag, and the wariness, “#Beautiful” is as close to a perfect pop song as has been released in 2013. Produced by Miguel and Carey, the track is gritty and vital, filled with a crawling, dirty bass line, a seductive, immediately embeddable guitar melody and just enough tambourine to get the engine running.

From the first line, delivered by Miguel, the track takes to the road: “Hop on the back of my bike, let the wind run through your hair,” he sings. Miguel, the San Pedro-born breakout whose “Kaleidoscope Dream” was one of the best albums of 2012, rides away, his girl on his bike, with the charisma of a superstar.

They cruise through the night, Miguel crooning about her beauty while he advises her to "let the moonlight kiss your skin." You can almost see a lunar glimmer on the Pacific as they roll down PCH.

Then, finally, Carey responds.

“I like when you run red lights, don’t stop till you thrill me,” she sings to the dismay of mothers and traffic cops the world over. She doesn’t even arrive into her own song until it’s a third of the way through, ceding to Miguel’s glorious tone with the confidence of someone who knows she can lift her verse to equal whatever comes her way. When she does, she does so with a seemingly effortless glow.

Ceding further control, she giggles. "Take me anywhere."

The song ends at the exact moment it should. No fat: 3 minutes 22 seconds, closing with a rush of layered voices that drift through the ears like a breeze, fading away as though Miguel and Carey have just squeezed the throttle and left the rest of us behind.

L.A. Times

Mariah Carey and Miguel Deliver One of the First Songs of Summer
    By Aisha Harris | Posted Monday, May 6, 2013, at 11:04 AM

The last time we heard new music from Mariah Carey, it was an underwhelming ballad for the soundtrack of Oz the Great and Powerful, released back in February. This arrived on the heels of another middling single, “Triumphant (Get ’Em),” a run-of-the-mill R&B track that showcased its “featured” rap artists more than it did the songstress herself. (That song was originally announced as the lead single for her upcoming album, but, possibly due to its tepid response, it may no longer appear on the new album at all.)

With the release today of “#Beautiful,” though, a breezy duet sung with Miguel, Carey has finally given her fans something to savor—and a tune that could be one of the big hits of summer.

Granted, she has also contributed to the hideous new trend of including hashtags in the title of songs and albums (see also Will.i.am’s #willpower). Nonetheless, “#Beautiful” is a wonderfully easy listen, with the duo’s voices blending smoothly together, accompanied by lush, almost Wall-of-Sound production. It’s an interesting departure for Carey, whose recordings over the last 15 years or so have veered toward a more modern R&B sound. Here, the production is pure pop, and it sounds great.

Slate

Listen: Mariah Carey's '#Beautiful' new single
    Idol Chatter
    Brian Mansfield, Special for USA TODAY 9:20 p.m. EDT May 6, 2013

Now we know why Mariah Carey's been dropping all those hashtag references into her comments on American Idol. She was setting up her new single, #Beautiful.

And, wouldn't you know, the single kinda lives up to its name. For the first verse or so, you wouldn't know it was a Carey track, though: It begins with a simple, twangy guitar lick that sounds like something Steve Cropper might have dreamed up for Carla Thomas back in the day, and Miguel is the main voice until the 1:30 mark. After that, though, Carey sounds like her own personal girl group.

In fact, it's that Stax/Motown throwback sound that makes #Beautiful such a winner. It's a return to form for Carey, but in a completely unexpected way.

USA TODAY

Mariah Carey & Miguel’s “Beautiful”: Hear The Comeback Single
    Sam Lansky
    May 6th, 2013

There’s much to like about the new Mariah Carey single “#Beautiful” — the hashtag in the title being, in fact, the least dignified thing about it. First off, the track features Miguel, hip R&B cat and maker of objectively great music; second of all, Mariah’s vocals are on point; and third of all, well, it’s just completely beautiful — pun intended, obviously, but also that just seems like the right word to use, doesn’t it? There’s a little throwback flavor but in a repurposed way that feels completely modern, as a twangy guitar loop and a kicking backbeat provide a frame for their layered tones: Somewhat surprisingly, Miguel takes the lead on the front end of the song, while Mariah’s voice is sweet, then powerful.

“#Beautiful” (ugh, I can’t believe that for the rest of history people are going to have to type out a hashtag when talking about a song this good) isn’t a big pop stormer; it might be better than that. And if it feels like more of a whimper than a bang to fans gunning for another “Obsessed,” “#Beautiful” it’s still an airily gorgeous whimper, and its sweetness is its greatest asset.

Idolator

New Music: Mariah Carey f/ Miguel – ‘#Beautiful’

Mariah Carey makes sweet music with Miguel on “#Beautiful,” the first single off her upcoming album. The pop diva and “Adorn” singer duet on the breezy guitar-driven number, perfect for the summer months ahead. The subtle song was written and produced by Mariah and Miguel.

A video, directed by Joseph Kahn, is set to premiere Wednesday on “American Idol.” Mariah will also kick off the “Good Morning America” Concert Series on May 24 in Central Park.

The follow-up to 2009’s Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel is expected to arrive in late June/early July featuring production from Jermaine Dupri, Bryan-Michael Cox, Big Jim Wright, Hit-Boy, The-Dream, Mike WiLL Made It, and Rodney Jerkins.

Rap Up

New Song: Mariah Carey – ‘#Beautiful (ft. Miguel)’

It’s here!

Mariah Carey‘s hotly anticipated new single ‘#Beautiful’ was unwrapped moments ago.

The official lead single from the diva’s fourteenth studio album, the mid-tempo features R&B crooner Miguel.

With the red carpet treatment being rolled out for the cut (see: Clear Channel radio deal and huge TV promotion), does the song itself deserve it? You decide after the jump…

Stunning.

Crafted with radio in mind, ‘Beautiful’ really is just what the Dr ordered for the icon- ‘catchy’ and contemporary enough to win over the casual listener, and authentically ‘Mariah’ enough to appease her core base.

Armed with the gem that is Miguel’s voice and a romanticism that makes it one of her best love songs to date, its sing-along melody, harnessed vocals and heartfelt lyrics have us desperate to hear the rest of the album, and itching to see just how it fares on the Billboard Hot 100 when its promo campaign is put in place.

Basically….we’re in love with it and feel passionately enough about it to see those Grammy nominations stacking up with every second it plays.

*Look out for the ‘#Beautiful’ video (directed by Joseph Kahn) on American Idol this Thursday on FOX.

ThatGrapeJuice

Song of Summer 2013: Mariah Carey and Miguel Would Like Your Attention
    By Amanda Dobbins

Well, this is a game-changer: Not only is Miguel and Mariah Carey's duet very good — in both a vintage Mariah and a legitimately summery sort of way — but it has an actual hashtag in the title. (Yes, Will.I.Am did it first, but did you really care?) True fact: The only thing cooler than mysterious French guys in shiny helmets is enjoyable music with built-in Twitter jokes. So here is "#Beautiful," your newest Song of Summer contender and the reason your aunt will be calling in three weeks to ask about hashtags. This one is going big.

Vulture

#Beautiful
    Mariah Carey Featuring Miguel

Hop on the back of my bike
    Let the good wind blow through your hair
    With an a** like that
    And a smile so bright, oh you're killin' me
    You know it ain't fair, yeah

Ride on through the middle of the night
    Let the moonlight kiss your skin
    When you dance like that
    Jeans so tight, oh you're killin' me, baby do it again, yeah

You're beautiful
    And your mind is # beautiful
    And I can't pretend
    That that doesn't mean a thing to me, to me, yeah

You're beautiful
    Good lord, you're # beautiful
    And I can't pretend
    That that doesn't mean a thing to me, to me
    Yeah, yeah

I like when you run red lights
    Don't stop till you thrill me
    Ohh how you thrill me
    Always in control, how you do it I don't know
    But I don't care, take me anywhere 'cause

It's beautiful
    Ooh you make me feel undressable
    And I can't pretend that doesn't mean
    A thing to me, to me
    Oooh ooh ooh
    You're beautiful
    And your mind is # beautiful
    And I can't pretend

Yeah, you're beautiful
    Good lord, you're # beautiful
    And I can't pretend
    Yeah, yeah
    Ooh-oo-ooh-oo-ooh
    Uh uh you're beautiful

(Repeat)

Mariah Carey's '#Beautiful' Off to Strong Radio, Sales Start
    By Gary Trust, New York | May 07, 2013 3:20 PM EDT

The duet with Miguel garners first-day airplay at Clear Channel radio, while debut-week sales are projected at more than 100,000

Mariah Carey's new single, "#Beautiful," is logging an impressive beginning, thanks to hefty first-day airplay across an array of Clear Channel Media and Entertainment-owned radio stations and a solid initial sales forecast.

The song, featuring Miguel, who co-wrote and -produced it with Carey, and lead single from her 13th studio album, expected this summer on Island Def Jam, has drawn 29 million all-format audience impressions (as of this posting), according to Nielsen BDS, since its release yesterday (May 6).

Beginning at 7 a.m. EST yesterday, "#Beautiful" played at the top of each hour until 11 p.m. on approximately 230 pop, rhythmic, adult contemporary, adult pop and R&B/hip-hop Clear Channel stations. "Mariah Carey is a music icon. Using the power of our radio stations to launch her new single is a unique opportunity to display our collective strength to the record community around the country," Tom Poleman, Clear Channel president of national programming platforms, said in a statement.

While stations in other chains have played "#Beautiful" since its arrival, including CBS Radio-owned Pop Songs panelists WDZH Detroit (17 plays yesterday), WBBM Chicago (10) and WODS Boston (seven), the majority of the song's airplay has stemmed from Clear Channel's promotion.

How are the song's Billboard Hot 100 fortunes shaping up? "#Beautiful" looks likely to debut in the Radio Songs chart's top 50 when the chart is compiled tomorrow. While it also was released for digital purchase yesterday (at 8 a.m. EST) and to streaming services today, only its airplay yesterday and today will count toward this week's Hot 100 (as the airplay tracking week ends on Tuesday each week; the sales tracking week ends each Sunday). The two-day audience sum might be enough for it to debut on the lower half of the Hot 100 when highlights of the chart are revealed on Billboard.com tomorrow.

Based on early indications from industry sources, Billboard projects that "#Beautiful" could sell more than 100,000 downloads by the end of the tracking week on Sunday (12). That number could, however, change dramatically in the coming days. But, such a sum would likely spur a lofty jump (or debut) on next week's Hot 100. Next week's chart would, however, cover airplay from Wednesday May 8 through Tuesday (14), so the song's first day of Clear Channel promotional airplay would not contribute to next week's Hot 100.

Also aiding the song's first-week profile, its video will premiere tomorrow night on Fox's "American Idol," on which Carey serves as a judge. The clip will be available on Vevo and YouTube immediately following the premiere.

Once the song debuts, Carey will expand her illustrious Hot 100 history. She boasts 18 No. 1s, the most among solo artists and second overall only to the Beatles' 20. She's tallied 44 Hot 100 entries, 27 of which have reached the top 10. She last reached the top 10 with the No. 7 hit "Obsessed" in 2009 and last led the list with "Touch My Body" in 2008.

Additional reporting by Keith Caulfield

Billboard

May 8, 2013

The music video for Mariah's new single #Beautiful ft. Miguel will premiere TOMORROW on American Idol at 8:00pm on FOX!

MariahCarey.com
    Last edited by CRAZY4MC; May 10, 2013 at 09:26 AM.

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' 'Can't Hold Us' Makes Hot 100 History
    By Gary Trust, New York | May 08, 2013 12:42 PM EDT

The act becomes the first duo in the chart's five-decade history to send its first two singles to No. 1. Plus, Florida Georgia Line's 'Cruise' sails back into the top 10

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' "Can't Hold Us," featuring Ray Dalton, rises 2-1 on the Billboard Hot 100, becoming the pair's second leader. With prior hit "Thrift Shop," featuring Wanz, having reigned for six nonconsecutive weeks, the act is the first duo to take its first two singles to No. 1 in the Hot 100's almost-55-year history.

(Following "Shop," "Hold," which is scaling pop, rhythmic and R&B/hip-hop formats, debuted the same week as the twosome's "Same Love," featuring Mary Lambert, which is being promoted only to alternative radio. "Love," which, like the other two songs, is from the duo's debut album "The Heist," lifts 30-26 on Alternative Songs and 94-83 on the Hot 100 this week.)

Among all artists, Macklemore & Lewis is the first act to send its first two charted Hot 100 singles to No. 1 since Lady Gaga arrived with "Just Dance" (three weeks on top) and "Poker Face" (one) in 2009. Bruno Mars, meanwhile, ruled with his first two entries as a lead act ("Just the Way You Are," "Grenade") in 2010-11 after he'd spent two weeks at No. 1 in his first visit as a featured artist on B.o.B's "Nothin' On You" and then peaked at No. 4 as a guest vocalist on Travie McCoy's "Billionaire" in 2010.

"Hold" hits No. 1 on the Hot 100 fueled in part by logging a second week atop the Digital Songs chart, increasing by 1% to 262,000 downloads sold, according to Nielsen SoundScan. It leads the subscription services-based On-Demand Songs survey for a third frame; remains bulleted at No. 2 on Streaming Songs (on which "Shop" reigns for a seventh week), garnering 6.1 million streams (up 6%), according to Nielsen BDS; and rises 6-5 on Radio Songs (111 million all-format audience impressions, up 19%, according to BDS).

"Hold" racks a third week at No. 1 on Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs.

The track crowns the Hot 100 by dethroning P!nk's "Just Give Me a Reason," featuring fun.'s Nate Ruess, after three weeks. ("Hold" increases by 6% in overall Hot 100 points, while "Reason" declines by less than 1%.) "Reason" rises 3-2 on Radio Songs (136 million, up 8%); stays at No. 2 after leading Digital Songs for four weeks (255,000, up 1%); and drops 5-6 on Streaming Songs (4.1 million, down 14%). With its latest sales frame, "Reason" passes 2 million downloads sold to date, becoming P!nk's sixth single to reach the milestone.

Justin Timberlake's "Mirrors" (5-3) is the Hot 100's top Airplay Gainer for a third consecutive week. The cut lifts 5-3 on Radio Songs (119 million, up 23%), while remaining at No. 3 on Digital Songs (176,000, up 1%; it slips 9-11 on Streaming Songs (3.6 million, down 10%). Its latest sales week pushes "Mirrors" past 1 million downloads sold since its release.

Rihanna's "Stay," featuring Mikky Ekko, dips from its No. 3 peak on the Hot 100 to No. 4, although it controls Radio Songs for a second week (136 million, up 1%). Bruno Mars' "When I Was Your Man" rebounds 6-5 on the Hot 100 after leading the list four weeks ago.

Macklemore & Lewis' "Shop" slides 4-6 on the Hot 100, ahead of Icona Pop's debut hit "I Love It," featuring Charli XCX (9-7). The track charges 14-10 on Radio Songs (63 million, up 16%); 7-6 on Digital Songs (136,000, up 2%); and 23-21 on Streaming Songs (2.3 million, up 8%). It also takes over atop the Dance/Electronic Songs chart.

Imagine Dragons' "Radioactive" climbs 10-8 on the Hot 100 (after reaching No. 7 five weeks ago). It commands Hot Rock Songs for a seventh week.

Florida Georgia Line's "Cruise," featuring Nelly, is the Hot 100's lone new top 10 entry from last week, navigating 13-9 in its 31st week; it's risen as high as No. 8 (four weeks ago). "Cruise" topped Country Airplay for three weeks in December. Since remixed with vocals by Nelly, its rises 21-18 on Pop Songs and 32-26 on Adult Pop Songs this week. The track tallies a 10th nonconsecutive week at No. 1 on the airplay/sales/streaming-based Hot Country Songs chart (including the last five; its first five were in December/January at the zenith of its country airplay popularity).

Florida Georgia Line's follow-up, "Get Your Shine On," meanwhile, concurrently climbs 2-1 on Country Airplay. The act is the first to top Hot Country Songs and Country Airplay simultaneously with different titles since the former chart adopted its hybrid methodology in October.

Pitbull's "Feel This Moment," featuring Christina Aguilera, rounds out the Hot 100's top 10, descending from its No. 8 peak to No. 10.

Also notably, while it falls just short of the Hot 100, Mariah Carey's "#Beautiful," featuring Miguel," soars onto Radio Songs at No. 44. The track, which previews her 13th studio album, due this summer, starts with 31 million impressions after just two days of airplay. It should make an impressive debut on next week's Hot 100 after its first full week of sales, along with its streaming data, are added to next week's Hot 100 tabulation.

Check Billboard.com tomorrow (May 9), when all rankings, including the Hot 100 in its entirety and Digital Songs, Radio Songs, Streaming Songs and On-Demand Songs will be refreshed, as they are each Thursday.

Billboard

so many covers on youtube of #beautiful

Mediabase Updates: MARIAH CAREY – #Beautiful f/Miguel

Day 1 (May-07-2013): 32.528

Day 2 (May-08-2013): 37.051 (+4.523)

Day 3 (May-09-2013): 41.470 (+4.419)

Billboard Updates - 05/18/2013

Radio Songs

TW LW WC
    44 NEW 1 #Beautiful Mariah Carey f/Miguel IDJ *** Hot Shot Debut ***

Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs

TW LW WC
    39 NEW 1 #Beautiful Mariah Carey f/Miguel IDJ

Bubbling Under

TW LW WC
    4 NEW 1 #Beautiful Mariah Carey f/Miguel IDJ

Social 50

TW LW WC
    38 38 24 Mariah Carey

Adult Contemporary

TW LW WC
    20 23 - Almost Home Mariah Carey IDJ
    Last edited by CRAZY4MC; May 10, 2013 at 12:20 PM.

Welcome sa new Mimi thread natin! ;-)

#MariahCarey Featuring Miguel #Beautiful / #Stunning #Refreshing #SoSoSoBeautiful

My critic for #Beautiful.

The song is mellow and has a feel good feeling. Makes me swing my head left and right as if I am just driving smoothly in a suburb or country side.

The only things I didnt like are Mariah did not fully nail the song in contrary to what I was expecting based on the initial music reviews prior to its release. Konti lang ng parts niya.

I hope she will release another track worthy of what We Belong Together did as a followup to It's Like That.

Page 2 of 24 First 1 2 3 12 ... Last