PEx Highlights

MOVIE REVIEW: Talk Back and You're Dead

It may not the type of movie that can explain the deeper meaning of life, but it's the movie that can melt your heart.

read more

FEATURE: The 1986 FIBA World Championship

How would the 1986 Philippine national team have fared had it gone to Spain in the 1986 FIBA World Championship?

read more

UAAP Basketball Power Rankings: Week 6

The power rankings are back! We talk about the top dogs, the lovable losers and Kyle Neypes' recent transformation.

read more

PROMO: If I Stay

Join the If I Stay promo and win advance screening tickets!

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno

Perfectly choreographed fight scenes and compelling execution makes "Kyoto Inferno" the perfect bridge to "Legend Ends."

read more

PHOTOS: Ateneo Wins in the Clutch Again

Kiefer Ravena made another clutch shot at the dying minutes of the game, cementing an Ateneo win over the UE Red Warriors, 78-73.

read more

Page 21 of 245 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 31 71 121 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thirtyone View Post
    Junemar was pretty successful with a Balkman type of player. A banger and a hustle player. I am more keen on having a Kramer even a Hugnatan rather than a taller Arwind.

If only Pingris is available but I have moved on from that.
    June Mar was a side show when Balkman was here. He sets hard screens so Renaldo can attack the rim. It was only in the latter part of the conference when we saw the team made JunMar the focal point of the Offense and that seems to be the goal moving forward.

But yes I agree that Kramer should be one of the main targets as For Hugnatan, He good to stay with Meralco as I would like to surround the team with younger players

That is just my opinion though

To say that we are giving up Jay and Alex just to get Japeth is a false assumption

Let me complete it.

Alex, Jay, Yeo, Bryan, and two second rounders

for

Doug, Sean, Emman, Japeth and a first rounder.

Joseph was included only because Barako wants him and in return we get that First round pick.
    Last edited by Shoshin; Apr 26, 2013 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karlo_12 View Post
    gregorio needs more go to guys, how about.. J-wash for Hodge straight up!
    Pwede!

May first round pick ba ang Petron sa coming draft?
    Justin Melton or Jeric Fortuna as point guard?

Quote Originally Posted by shadow jedi View Post
    May first round pick ba ang Petron sa coming draft?
    Justin Melton or Jeric Fortuna as point guard?
    I think wala. AFAIK, nasa barako ito hehehe

This is all I have to say if Petron is going to make a trade.

It is imperative that They take Sean and Doug because they currently have low trade value with Sean coming off an injury and Doug given dismal playing time. This is the time to be smart and take advantage of that.

Getting Chris Ross might cost us more because this is his breakout conference after getting the PG spot to himself after Sol Mercado got traded. Even Hodge might be valued higher and trading for them would have us run out of chips.

As for Japeth, he is just a bonus. he has to go somewhere and it looks like it will be either BGSM or PBB. If he goes here, I'll take him especially if it is just for JWash. He is a better defensive player and Rebounder and has a decent mid range jumper.

Eman Monfort is another Bonus. He is small but plays big. I like the kid!

Sell high, Buy Low. That is how Alaska smartly did it. Ex RJ Jazul for cheap,Cortez-Tenorio and many more.

nagtataka lang ako kuya @shoshin... bakit parang hindi niyo binabalak i-trade si Arwind?

kung tama maalala ko pareho lang sila ni Cabagnot ng mga b0b0 plays na nagpapatalo sa Petron. kung gawin naman natin siyang role-player, i doubt gugustuhin niya yan.

sa point guard position pwede na si monfort but i doubt noli will give alex just to get monfort,a cabaggie- mercado swap para saken will do,atleast si sol assistman talaga,deadly frm the outside at pwede mag assume ng leadership role.

gandang hapon sa lahat...ngayon lang ulit ako magpopost dito! frustrated pa hanggang ngayon dahil sa pagkatalo ng Petron...hehehe

regarding sa mga trades, ayaw na ayaw ko mapunta sa atin si Japeth Aguilar, kasi ang tingin ko sa kanya ay Arwind 2.0, yung bang tira ng tira ng outside shots, ayaw gamitin athleticism sa loob.

puro potential lang si Japeth, yun lang tingin ko, no improvement!

Quote Originally Posted by starwinX View Post
    gandang hapon sa lahat...ngayon lang ulit ako magpopost dito! frustrated pa hanggang ngayon dahil sa pagkatalo ng Petron...hehehe

regarding sa mga trades, ayaw na ayaw ko mapunta sa atin si Japeth Aguilar, kasi ang tingin ko sa kanya ay Arwind 2.0, yung bang tira ng tira ng outside shots, ayaw gamitin athleticism sa loob.

pareho tayo ng tingin kay Japeth pero ang sakin mas effective si Japeth sa atin kesa kay Arwind. so kung gusto ng mga ka-petroniverse si Japeth, kailangan nating pakawalan si Arwind. kasi nga parang 2 Arwind yung nasa team pagnagkataon, imbes na mas gaganda line-up at takbo ng team, sa tingin ko mas lalo pa tayong pupulutin sa kangkungan pag magkasama yung dalawa...

ang nilamang lang naman ni Japeth kay Arwind ay yung abilidad ni Jap na mag-screen ng tama kesa kay Arwind. kaya mas gusto ko siyang mapunta sa team.

Quote Originally Posted by cheche_bureche View Post
    nagtataka lang ako kuya @shoshin... bakit parang hindi niyo binabalak i-trade si Arwind?

kung tama maalala ko pareho lang sila ni Cabagnot ng mga b0b0 plays na nagpapatalo sa Petron. kung gawin naman natin siyang role-player, i doubt gugustuhin niya yan.
    Bulongbulongan kasi na sa tatlong kapitan siya ang malamang na matitira. I base all my trade fantasy on relevant rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by starwinX View Post

Kahit ganun si Japeth, I think he is better than Jay Washington. Remeber yung mga putbacks niya last year na nagpanalo sa TnT dahil di siya ma boxout ng maayos.

His length gave him that edge, pair that with June Mar they we will have a Henry Lite 2.0 rather than an Arwind 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Shoshin View Post
    Bulongbulongan kasi na sa tatlong kapitan siya ang malamang na matitira. I base all my trade fantasy on relevant rumors.
    sayang naman kung totoo yung mga bulong... mas madalas tayong ma-disappoint ni Arwind compared dun sa dalawa eh. oh well, basta ba ibangko si Arwind sa mga crucial minutes like last time i guess mababawasan yung mga b0b0 plays niya.

pero kung ikaw masusunod kuya, payag ka at gusto mo bang ma-trade si Arwind?

Kung pakawalan si Arwind, He will most likely end up with another SMC team. If I were to guess where, that should be with Ginebra as well. That is where LA comes in for us in my opinion.

But I am pretty sure ginebra fans would not like that idea that is why I am not putting that in my trade fantasy even if that is something I really like

Quote Originally Posted by cheche_bureche View Post
    sayang naman kung totoo yung mga bulong... mas madalas tayong ma-disappoint ni Arwind compared dun sa dalawa eh. oh well, basta ba ibangko si Arwind sa mga crucial minutes like last time i guess mababawasan yung mga b0b0 plays niya.

pero kung ikaw masusunod kuya, payag ka at gusto mo bang ma-trade si Arwind?
    Definitely! I would not hesitate to trade any of the three Captains. I want the management to surround Marcio, Denok, Chris and June Mar with the right players and that would include at least one more star player to replace the three and a bunch of role players...

but like What I have said, getting established players like Sol and LA has a high price tag. No other way around it and that is what I want to avoid and rather buy low on players that have a potential to break out with a transfer to another team

Maiba naman, i want to see a TV special about the two dannys; what made them successful, what made it work. Insights of ildefonso, seigle, abuda et al.

Quote Originally Posted by thirtyone View Post
    Maiba naman, i want to see a TV special about the two dannys; what made them successful, what made it work. Insights of ildefonso, seigle, abuda et al.
    I think that will happen once Danny S returns to PBB/SMB franchise... tapos magkaroon ng retirement tribute

I can only see sky is the limit for us with JF and JA playing together.

Puro trades laman ng page a.

Anyway, am i the only one who is puzzled by the inclusion of monfort sa wishlist/fantasy trades/rumors/targets or whatever you wanna call it.

Why monfort? Why not Jonas instead? Monfort showed quality play for like what, 2 games? how many minutes per game? I agree we should trade Acab (and arwind for that matter, sana), but having monfort sa point guard kapalit ni ACab? Are you guys serious? Nakita nyo ba kung paano i take advantage ng mga kalaban yung height disadvantage ni Jimmy Alapag? And thats Jimmy Alapag na ha, high IQ, good built, MVP type of player.

Can you imagine what problems Sol Mercado, Mallari, Paul Lee and even Jason Castro and Jimmy will pose to Monfort?

For me, we bring DS back, to provide veteran presence and champion pedigree, plus DS is a fighter. Then Jonas. PLayed well with Cap Olsen before, good stabilizer with good size. Then find a way to add role players in the mold of Sean Anthony and Pingris (wishful). Get a shooter, a reliable one, like what dhonts is before for us or at least s Sunday. But hey, its a wish and this is easier said than done. I like Banchero also for Petron, added value for fans.

Then i guess its time to ship the trio, Arwind Acab and Jwash. Its funny how it seems na si Arwind pa yata maiiwan, for me, he should be the first one out, then Cabagnot and lastly Jwash, yes, Jwash. Not a fan of JWash but you know this guy is a fighter too, loves winning. HIndi byahero.

PS: Has anyone noticed how Arwind plays pag kalaban TnT?

Page 21 of 245 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 31 71 121 ... LastLast