PEx Highlights

Prepare to Go Into the Storm

From New Line Cinema, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures, comes the tornado disaster film Into the Storm.

read more

PHOTOS: NU Clobbers Adamson

The NU Bulldogs win a laugher against the Adamson Soaring Falcons, 62-25, the lowest scoring output in recent memory.

read more

The Unique Heroes of Marvel's Guardians

Know more about Peter Quill, Gamora, Drax, Groot and Rocket.

read more

Tolomia: FEU Needs to Work on Defense

Mike Tolomia says his squad still needs to improve their defense if they want to contend this season.

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: Trophy Wife

Trophy Wife is not your run-of-the-mil film about infidelity.

read more

PHOTOS: Army Survives Ateneo Scare

Army wins against Ateneo despite blowing off a two-set lead, 25-22, 25-13, 28-30, 20-25, 16-14.

read more

Page 2 of 245 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    peter martin ‏@rsboost 15 Apr
    "@CarlBrower: God is good. Our daughter has cancer. Those two statements do not contradict each other."

Ginaya niya lang yan kay Carl Brower.

It means God has a good reason for everything including what seems to be a bad situation.

Admin pahingi po ng booster pin please

Quote Originally Posted by black_spectre View Post
    Balkman is 6'6. I think the height limit for the third conf is 6'5".
    ahhh ok thanks... dati kasi naalala ko 6'6" ang height limit...

current lineup

*Bryan Faundo c/f
    *Dennis Miranda g
    *Christopher Lutz g/f
    *Dorian Peña c
    *Alex Cabagnot g
    *Danny Ildefonso c/f
    *Marcio Lassiter g/f
    *Joseph Yeo g
    *June Mar Fajardo c
    *Jay Washington f/c
    *Magi Sison c
    *Chico Lañete g
    *Arwind Santos f/c
    *Ronald Tubid g/f

new core: fajardo, lutz, lassiter
    trade:
    yeo/tubid
    sison
    cabagnot
    washington
    santos

acquire:
    manuel
    ballesteros
    canada/alvarez

get some draft picks
    garbo
    salangsang

^^

I think it will be better if you put into detail how we could acquire those players so we could see if it is viable or not. Fair trade or not.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rheatamparong View Post
    Pwede bang ibalik si Ato Agustin as Head Coach ng Petron suggestion lang
    kung papalitan si olsen, mas prefer ko pa si pido. champion sa ust sa uaap at si black pa ang tinalo sa finals. mukhang eto ang kontrapelo ni black given the right pieces. magaling pang magdevelop ng tao, usually bigmen like jervy & abdul. sama mo na rin si ababou na naging star dahil sa kanya.

Makakapaglaro na ba si DAnny next conference? Hindi parin talaga pwede magretire si Danny dahil sa mga pinapakita ng petron players ngayon.

Tingin ko kailangan na ng radical na changes sa team malaki talaga panghihinayang ko dati mas pinili si hero ball kesa kay mallari, ngayon tingin ko kung nandiyan parin sila wala na aasahan pang pagbabago unless makakuha tayo ng super import sa next conference.

There "might" be a coaching staff overhaul.

Mukhang mapupuno muna to bago mag start ang conf, ganun katagal ang Gov Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Kaede Rukawa View Post
    Mukhang mapupuno muna to bago mag start ang conf, ganun katagal ang Gov Cup
    lalo na pag may sandamakmak na trade rumors na.

Petron is the favored son in the SMC Group - so yes, I anticipate a lot of changes in the roster to bring about immediate results.

I don't expect Olsen Racela to be relieved. It's been only two conferences and even if his team hasn't performed to expectations, there's so much latitude given to him owing to his lack of experience. Remember, Racela was hired to handle Petron in an effort to prevent the MVP camp to secure his services. At that time, Racela was already handling the national 16 and under team through the auspices of the SBP which MVP runs. Demoting or firing Racela would only mean MVP getting hold of his services as Chot Reyes would do everything to bring him there.

Racela though might be backed up by more able and experienced assistants to help him. Maybe Siot Tanquincen - who's an excellent scout. Maybe Koy Banal - perhaps the best assistant coach in the SMC stable. Racela will get all the support he needs at the bench.

As for the present roster, I would be surprised if Noli Eala doesn't tinker with the lineup once more. The interview given by Jay Washington to Rey Joble, complaining about his lack of playing time, is a telling sign. Expect Washington out before August. There might be some roster changes as well - I won't be surprised if Alex Cabagnot is also shipped out - maybe perhaps for someone named Lewis Alfred Tenorio.

More players might be brought in - not exactly superstars but role players to complement the nucleus of the team. I think it's safe that Petron is banking on the duo of Junmar Fajardo and Marcio Lassiter to lead the team for several seasons - not unlike what Danny Ildefonso and Olsen Racela did to San Miguel Beer a decade ago. Arwind Santos is also a major trade bait that they can offer so don't be surprised if he's not indispensable anymore. At this point, the players assured of slots in the team would be Fajardo and Lassiter only. Even Chris Lutz may be dispensed with, so long as they got a good replacement in return.

Petron management would probably be making their moves immediately after the conference ends. They won't wait for July or August to start making the roster changes as they need the break to acclimatize one with each other. Team building seminars and overseas games may be tapped to build teamwork and camaraderie among the players, so the earlier they finalize their lineup, the better for them.

Lastly, they would do everything to secure an import who'll fit into their needs. They probably would need a 6'6 guy capable of playing the #4 position. This is to ensure that Fajardo continues to get his playing time and further development while Lassiter gets his minutes at the 2 or 3 spots as well. Santos may be relegated as chief backup to the import or slide to #3. If Ginebra ends up losing to ROS tonight, I'm expecting Tenorio to be moved to Petron with Josh Urbiztondo taking over the point chores at Ginebra. Alex Cabagnot may be moved to Barako Energy to fill up the PG void that Rajko Toroman needs to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by oyen_invader View Post
    There "might" be a coaching staff overhaul.
    IF this pushes through, I guess it means Olsen will be surrounded by "consultants".

Quote Originally Posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
    Petron is the favored son in the SMC Group - so yes, I anticipate a lot of changes in the roster to bring about immediate results.

I don't expect Olsen Racela to be relieved. It's been only two conferences and even if his team hasn't performed to expectations, there's so much latitude given to him owing to his lack of experience. Remember, Racela was hired to handle Petron in an effort to prevent the MVP camp to secure his services. At that time, Racela was already handling the national 16 and under team through the auspices of the SBP which MVP runs. Demoting or firing Racela would only mean MVP getting hold of his services as Chot Reyes would do everything to bring him there.

Racela though might be backed up by more able and experienced assistants to help him. Maybe Siot Tanquincen - who's an excellent scout. Maybe Koy Banal - perhaps the best assistant coach in the SMC stable. Racela will get all the support he needs at the bench.

As for the present roster, I would be surprised if Noli Eala doesn't tinker with the lineup once more. The interview given by Jay Washington to Rey Joble, complaining about his lack of playing time, is a telling sign. Expect Washington out before August. There might be some roster changes as well - I won't be surprised if Alex Cabagnot is also shipped out - maybe perhaps for someone named Lewis Alfred Tenorio.

More players might be brought in - not exactly superstars but role players to complement the nucleus of the team. I think it's safe that Petron is banking on the duo of Junmar Fajardo and Marcio Lassiter to lead the team for several seasons - not unlike what Danny Ildefonso and Olsen Racela did to San Miguel Beer a decade ago. Arwind Santos is also a major trade bait that they can offer so don't be surprised if he's not indispensable anymore. At this point, the players assured of slots in the team would be Fajardo and Lassiter only. Even Chris Lutz may be dispensed with, so long as they got a good replacement in return.

Petron management would probably be making their moves immediately after the conference ends. They won't wait for July or August to start making the roster changes as they need the break to acclimatize one with each other. Team building seminars and overseas games may be tapped to build teamwork and camaraderie among the players, so the earlier they finalize their lineup, the better for them.

Lastly, they would do everything to secure an import who'll fit into their needs. They probably would need a 6'6 guy capable of playing the #4 position. This is to ensure that Fajardo continues to get his playing time and further development while Lassiter gets his minutes at the 2 or 3 spots as well. Santos may be relegated as chief backup to the import or slide to #3. If Ginebra ends up losing to ROS tonight, I'm expecting Tenorio to be moved to Petron with Josh Urbiztondo taking over the point chores at Ginebra. Alex Cabagnot may be moved to Barako Energy to fill up the PG void that Rajko Toroman needs to attend.
    Acab for LA I like. But I thought sister teams cannot trade with each other? They might use BB or another team.

JWash and Arwind are both 32 so it's a good time to trade them both if there's a good offer.

I think Lutz should stay. He just came from an injury but his role has been affected with Marcio and Tubid in the team.

6'6" pala height limit sa third conf. I thought it was 6'5".

And if things don't work out this year , maybe RSA will finally see the light and give Eala the boot or at least an ultimatum.

Sir JPM, i read on twitter last Friday that Toroman likes Jonas and Monfort as his Point Guards. He even laugh when he was asked if he likes Cabagnot. napangiwi..

But anything can happen i think. sa SMC pa?

panong ngiwi? iyong tawang pang asar ba? hahahahaha.. hindi naman kasi pointguard si cabagnot feeling nya lang uy

16. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by calvinabueva View Post
    panong ngiwi? iyong tawang pang asar ba? hahahahaha.. hindi naman kasi pointguard si cabagnot feeling nya lang uy
    parang ganito ----->

Quote Originally Posted by oyen_invader View Post
    Sir JPM, i read on twitter last Friday that Toroman likes Jonas and Monfort as his Point Guards. He even laugh when he was asked if he likes Cabagnot. napangiwi..

But anything can happen i think. sa SMC pa?
    Well, if Acab lands in BB, RT can move him to SG and have Jonas and Monfort playing the point. This way, Acab no longer has to pretend he is a PG

wrong thread........
    Last edited by Marshall_Matters; Apr 22, 2013 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by black_spectre View Post
    Well, if Acab lands in BB, RT can move him to SG and have Jonas and Monfort playing the point. This way, Acab no longer has to pretend he is a PG
    ... and therefore he can stat-pad anytime he wants, lol.

im against change. tama na siguro ang palit ng palit. let them gel as a team.. magagaling silang lahat. teamwork parin ang key.

Page 2 of 245 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 52 102 ... LastLast