PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: NU Books Final Four Slot

Bong Galanza blew a chance to win it for UE in the dying seconds of the game, failing to secure a comeback win. National U came out as victors, 51-49.

read more

UAAP End of Eliminations Power Rankings

Fun times in Katipunan, the streaking Red Warriors and a very happy Norbert Torres. All that and more in this week's power rankings!

read more

Show Me Your One Big Teeths!

Virgie is absent but Merly has a special guest in this week's episode! Find out who it is in this week's Cheerdance edition of Show Me Your Teeths!

read more

FEATURE: The Travails of Chot Reyes

Find out as Jay P. Mercado weighs in on the criticism handed to our national basketball team coach, Chot Reyes.

read more

First BPO Choice Awards Official Launch

The Core Productions, Inc., presented the first industry and awards night that revels the voice of the IT-BPO industry at the ICITE Auditorium.

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: Wish I Was Here

Joey King breaks out in her role in a pretty decent dramedy, Wish I Was Here.

read more

View Poll Results: Which team are you on?

Voters
352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Apl

28 7.95%
  • Team Lea

134 38.07%
  • Team Bamboo

71 20.17%
  • Team Sarah

119 33.81%
Page 1 of 251 1 2 11 51 101 ... LastLast

ABS-CBN: The Voice of the Philippines, Thread 2

ABS-CBN's THE VOICE of the PHILIPPINES:♪ ♬ ✌ Let Your Voice Be Heard! ✌ ♪ ♫: STUDIO 2

The Voice of the Philippines is a Filipino reality television singing competition of the television network ABS-CBN which in turns based on the reality singing competition The Voice of Holland, which was originally created by Dutch television producer John de Mol as part of The Voice franchise. The show will be hosted by Toni Gonzaga, Robi Domingo, and Alex Gonzaga. Bamboo Mañalac, Sarah Geronimo, Lea Salonga, and Apl.de.ap will serve as the four coaches and the judging panel of the show.

The Voice of the Philippines is the fourth national franchise in the Southeast Asian region after The Voice of Vietnam, The Voice Thailand, and The Voice Indonesia.

The Coaches

Sarah Asher Tua Geronimo

On February 6, 2013, singer and talk show host Sarah Geronimo was announced as the first coach on The Voice of the Philippines. On February 6, 2013, singer and talk show host Sarah Geronimo was announced as the first coach on The Voice of the Philippines. At the same time, the network announced that her weekly show Sarah G. Live, was due to air its final episode on Sunday, February 10.[19] ABS-CBN Corporation head Bong R. Osorio said, "Sarah Geronimo moves on to fulfill other commitments." He added that "Sarah is also busy filming her upcoming Star Cinema movie with John Lloyd Cruz, and is set to go on a Sarah G concert worldwide".

Francisco Gaudencio Lope Belardo Mañalac

On February 10, 2013, during an appearance on the last episode of Sarah G. Live, Bamboo Mañalac hinted that he would be working with the talk show host after they both finished performing a production number together. On February 14, 2013, ABS-CBN aired a promotional plug during the airtime of the pre-primetime television drama Kahit Konting Pagtingin, confirming Bamboo Mañalac's stint in the show as coach and judge. In an interview made by ABS-CBN News, Mañalac provided a statement regarding his stint on the show, "I'm ready to be a coach. There's a time for everything and this is it." He further added, "I'm looking for a singer who is open to other kinds of genre and is willing to learn more about music."

Lea Salonga-Chien

On February 17, 2013, ABS-CBN aired a plug teaser for the third coach. The coach, who is a female, was tagged as "The voice that conquered the world." The third coach was rumored to be Lea Salonga, a world renowned theater actress who had appeared in Miss Saigon, Les Misérables on Broadway, and was named a Disney Legend in 2011 for her work with Disney on Aladdin, and Mulan movies.

The teaser strongly resembles Salonga. Salonga was also been rumored to host the show last October 2012, but was later debunked since Toni Gonzaga was announced as the host along with the show's media correspondent, Robi Domingo.
    On the night of February 19, 2013, Lea Salonga confirmed her stint as an official coach in the show via her official Twitter account. In the same night, ABS-CBN later confirmed Salonga's role on the show.

“I was very interested in ‘The Voice’s’ format, having seen the show in the US and really enjoying it. I’m a fan,” Salonga told the Philippine Daily Inquirer in an interview. As Salonga had some commitments locally and abroad, ABS-CBN was able to do some adjustments and finalize her work schedule in order to include her job in the local version of The Voice.

Allan Pineda/Apl.d.Ap

After Salonga's confirmation, there has been strong rumors that the fourth coach will be Allan Pineda who is more popularly known as Apl.de.ap. Apl.de.ap is a Filipino-American rapper and member of the Grammy Award-winning group The Black Eyed Peas. During an interview made by The Huffington Post on 2012, Apl.de.ap stated that he has plans on launching his own talent show in the Philippines. "I've been working myself up to do it because I'm not used to being on TV everyday... I've been offered a show for next year," he revealed.

On March 1, 2013, ABS-CBN has confirmed that they are in the final stages of negotiating with the management of Apl.de.ap to become its fourth and last official coach of the show.

On March 7, 2013, it was announced through ABS-CBN's entertainment website, Push, that Apl.de.ap will sit as the fourth coach.[8] On an article posted in the network's official website dated March 20, 2013, Apl.de.ap is slated to do the initial promotional plug with TFC London and is scheduled to arrive in Manila by April to meet and work with the three other coaches and the rest of the show's team.

His promotional television plug was aired on March 27, 2013 right after TV Patrol. He was dubbed as The voice that ruled the worldwide music chart.

In an interview made by ABS-CBN News, Apl admitted that it was will.i.am, Pineda's friend and co-member in The Black Eyed Peas, that encouraged him to accept the coaching stint in The Voice of the Philippines. Will.i.am is also a coach on The Voice UK along with Danny O'Donoghue, Tom Jones, and Jessie J.

thank you wikipedia.

new beginning!

thanks Aya!

we love you Alou and Garlic. chos!

Kang Chi's ONE and ONLY! sistah_yoona's Avatar
    hong shoray ng mga info from wiki mareng aya ha!

W - O - W , thread 2 na pala... Good evening ...

Quote Originally Posted by sistah_yoona View Post
    hong shoray ng mga info from wiki mareng aya ha!
    devah. saya lang mag copy paste.

Quote Originally Posted by shabs09 View Post
    Whos the fiercest of them all? Hmmm

Hong Kong torooy ng intro! Hahaha. Good evening po.

Nakaka-amaze lang na gumanda ng bonggels ang set ng TVoH. Parang nag-effort sila pagandahin mula nung nakuha ng TVoUS ang franchise. Pero love ko pa rin ang set ng TVoP. Very unique at very sardines langs. bwahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by jdcs View Post
    Sinunod talaga nila yung TVoHolland S1 na kapag pumindot yung coaches, green ang color imbes na white.
    true! ewan ko ba anong pinag iisip ng mga may ideya na kopyahin talaga ang season 1 nakakatawa lang.

Quote Originally Posted by sistah_yoona View Post
    tinigvak nah lang sana yung audience area sa likod!

mas bobongels hong space sa set!
    truew or ginawa nalang sanang 1 or 2 lanes para medyo maiurong pa nila yung chairs. pero well.

Congrats sa bagong thread! Di pa nga nag-uumpisa naka dalawang bahay na, nakakaproud!

Guys, wag ng mag-expect na kasing bongga ng teaser plug natin yung sa ibang bansa, mahirap na! Hahaha!

Tanggap ko na yung set, I rest my case.

Kang Chi's ONE and ONLY! sistah_yoona's Avatar
    WE JUST LOVE THEM!

SO SO MUCH!

Quote Originally Posted by AnyarehGME View Post
    Sana ginaya ng TVoP yung season 3 version na ng TVoH kung ang Holland ang ginaya nila. Naloka ako nung sa season 1 pa yung kinopya nila. Ang galing talaga ni Alou!

[video=youtube;IzxPnUyTcl8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=IzxPnUyTcl8
    ang nakakatawa pa huh, eto ang pilit na binibigay na explanation ng mga fantards. tapos pag tatanungin bakit S1 pa ang ginaya at hindi nalang S3 sasabihin di daw marunong umintindi at magbasa nakakaloka.

Quote Originally Posted by Aya_Alexa View Post
    true! ewan ko ba anong pinag iisip ng mga may ideya na kopyahin talaga ang season 1 nakakatawa lang.
    Akina ang ulo ni Alou at ilalagay ko sa ilalim neto -> LOL.

Anlakas maka-season 2 ng thread huh! Naku at baka maghimutok na naman si Byx kasi anlakas ng powers natin dito sa PEX habang yung blog niya eh nilalangaw. charot!

Quote Originally Posted by phomisis View Post
    Congrats sa bagong thread! Di pa nga nag-uumpisa naka dalawang bahay na, nakakaproud!

Guys, wag ng mag-expect na kasing bongga ng teaser plug natin yung sa ibang bansa, mahirap na! Hahaha!

Tanggap ko na yung set, I rest my case.
    true di na nga din ako masyado nag eexpect. kahit yung coaches plug lang eh tulad nung mga mini teasers nila before.

Anong say niyo sa set ng La Voz Argentina? Mukhang mas maganda pang tignan yung set nila kesa sa TVoP. Sorry pero naiiyak lang kasi akels sa set ng TVoP pero I love the coaches huh!

Quote Originally Posted by jdcs View Post
    Akina ang ulo ni Alou at ilalagay ko sa ilalim neto -> LOL.
    mahirap tanggalin ang ulo ni Alou di ko kasi mahanap ang leeg.

Page 1 of 251 1 2 11 51 101 ... LastLast